Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 2,802)

Showing posts 56,021 - 56,040 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
I spotted two young bald eagles down by the spillway yesterday morning, they are pretty well known by locals but this is the first time I seen the young ones. Nice treat to see these.
Have a good day,,,,,,,,,, Trolls, not so much.
Hey Hemburn. I wish I had seen them. I usually see them around our area alot. I am always look up you know. I haven't seen any chemtrails in awhile though. But was so happy to see the dark clouds move in and pouring rain. It was so refreshing and you could smell it before it got here. Awesome. Glad to see the cooler temps. Pretty bad when it is tooooo hot to go swimming. Wow.

Those eagles I posted last year and this year that hatched earlier this spring had one get killed in power lines. So sad. I love watching those livestreams from their nest when they lay eggs, they hatch, they nurture them, and they fly off free. Hate it that they lost one. Then I seen this article and happy one survived somewhere. They are beautiful creatures.

Miracle baby eagle survives being burned alive in wildfire
related links

Here's an amazing shot of the world's toughest eagle

Eagle, fox and two cats hang out in harmony on Alaskan porch
Nothing screams 'America!' like watching eaglets hatch
It seemed to be all over for a baby golden eagle trapped in a brutal wildfire last month near Saratoga Springs, Utah. His nest was burned through and he was stranded below, flightless, charred alive and suffering from burns on his talons, wings, head and beak. When a wildlife volunteer found him, the tiny bird was trembling and on the verge of death. Stunned he had survived the massive fire (likely taking a 25-foot leap from his nest as flames encroached), the volunteer got permission to bring him to a rehab center. There, the small raptor, which has been aptly named "Phoenix," is recovering. It is too early to tell if he will ever fly in the wild again, but experts say if his follicles are not too badly damaged he should be able to molt into new feathers next year.

http://now.msn.com/living/0708-baby-eagle-bur...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Leona 628 wrote:
Hi Abeliever.:)
Oh my gosh, I am so happy to see you post. I sent you an email awhile back. We were wondering about you. Even Ancient Wolf said he had planned to drop this thread after Leona was born but a year later he/we are still here. Some of us anyway. The nastiest trolls we ever seen invaded the thread in April. Disgusting losers but we still post anyway and email each other. How are you? Mrs? Little Leona. Please send us some pictures. We know you have been busy with your job and being a Daddy but we sure miss you. Hope all is well. Lots of love, hugs, and blessings to you all.:)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Well time to take my feet off the shredder, slip the heels back on and open my office door...bring on the afternoon!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

April 12, 1863 Abraham Lincoln to Union General Joseph Hooker prior to the battle of Chancellorville when the braggart said his plans were perfect and he would show Gen. Lee's forces no mercy:

"The hen is the wisest of all animal creatures because she never cackles until AFTER the egg is laid".

Hooker lost even though it was a setback to Gen. Lee in losing Stonewall Jackson to friendly fire. Hooker would be relieved of his command of the "Army of The Potomac" on June 28 and replaced by General George Meade who would meet General Lee at Gettysburg 5 days later. Gen. Lee attributed his mistakes and loss at Gettysburg to the loss of Stonewall Jackson. He insisted on the failed "Picketts Charge" to compensate for the loss of Jackson.
Leona 628

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Well darn. I can't find the birthday photos. I will have mama send them to you when she gets home. I hope everybody is doing well. It's been a while.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Leona 628 wrote:
Well darn. I can't find the birthday photos. I will have mama send them to you when she gets home. I hope everybody is doing well. It's been a while.
Looking forward to seeing them, I have been waiting for a year lol

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
April 12, 1863 Abraham Lincoln to Union General Joseph Hooker prior to the battle of Chancellorville when the braggart said his plans were perfect and he would show Gen. Lee's forces no mercy:
"The hen is the wisest of all animal creatures because she never cackles until AFTER the egg is laid".
Hooker lost even though it was a setback to Gen. Lee in losing Stonewall Jackson to friendly fire. Hooker would be relieved of his command of the "Army of The Potomac" on June 28 and replaced by General George Meade who would meet General Lee at Gettysburg 5 days later. Gen. Lee attributed his mistakes and loss at Gettysburg to the loss of Stonewall Jackson. He insisted on the failed "Picketts Charge" to compensate for the loss of Jackson.
You of all people should know about hen's and their arse actions. I think you need a hooker to jerk some kinks out of you. Maybe Humpaburn will share his 350 + pounds black unsweetened goddess with you.
OMG

Covington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

That explains the bird crap on my deck!!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

They Call Me Hicky wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone say my name?:0) Hows it going you guys! Everyone okay. Sorry I haven't been around but my boy has completely taken over my computer most of the time. LOL
Hi Hicky, so happy to see you post. WE all miss you. How have you been? Sure miss your input on the world/space events. Hope you got some rain down your way. It sure felt great yesterday to get a good down pour. My flowers loved it and so did I. I didn't have to go out and water them last night before I went to bed. The hit was horrible. Glad we didn't have any power outages. It was great to get home to a chilled house after being on speed boats and pontoons all week. We stayed in the RV where all the AC was when not on the water. It was too much fun. I have been retired since December and just enjoying the freedom and the summer right now. Hope to see you post again. Ignore the nasty trolls like we do. They are more pathetic than any that dropped in last year. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
Pretty cool when one can log on and can find even a half page worth reading...Hello everyone.
Hempburn, I got a good look at a Bald Eagle at Barren river lake this past winter. I was out hunting arrowheads and saw its' shadow. I looked up expecting to see a buzzard but it was an eagle about 25 feet up just floating along.
So true Blueminer. Hope you are enjoying your day. Great job on the posts while I was gone. I feel for you having to live around such disgusting people, but you hold your own well. The buzzards are probably all over circling that unasewer troll shack. lol You and Hempburn are lucky to see an Eagle. I want to. I just watch the streamline from the nest of Eagles for the second year in a row. They are fascinating.

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ah Sister Olive, Rev. Father Farter is an ASSociate Pastor there. We offer forgiveness packages at a discount price. Glory Be. Guaranteed sin free for 90 days or your money back. You can use our two lane drive thru and get A Glory Be Sweet Tea, hot apple pie or a Moses McMuffin to go with your forgiveness special. This weeks special, any sin that begins with the letter "D" forgiveness is only $59.95. That's cash or credit card. No personal checks or EBT cards accepted.
The ladies need to come inside for the Brethern to lay Holy Hands on them. Sometimes that turns into a taking up the Serpent Service. Halleluiah!!! Amen ah.
Just call 1-800-SIN-ALOT.
Gosh, I will check that out! Hello Una, how have you been?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You of all people should know about hen's and their arse actions. I think you need a hooker to jerk some kinks out of you. Maybe Humpaburn will share his 350 + pounds black unsweetened goddess with you.
Well you are right. I suppose that puts me in the same class with Abraham Lincoln since we know that hens don't cackle until after the egg is laid, and we fire the "Hooker" and imbibe with "Meade".

But you must be something else, it is quite unusual to hear an ol' roosters cackle so much. Take a peek. Are you sure you are a rooster? or is your belly so big you can't tell anymore? Or did you turn around too quickly and the arse explosion destroy your manhood? Sad Sad ex-rooster.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying again FakeBeliever. Even old Scruffy Wolf Nuts posted Una and Roaming were here somewhere around the 500th post. You need to get your crap right. You miss a lot being in the looney bin so often.
Show me one. What name did you post under then? The ratsass? You should let it go that your mom had to go to the looney bin. It was probably you and your ugly sister drove her there with your sick twisted ways. Poor thing probably thought she had birthed the dark ones spawns. Get some therapy or mental drugs to help you deal with. We don't care what you say about the regulars you envy. You could still get a grip on life if you try. Quit worshipping the UNABOMBER and satan would be a start. Now slither back to your sewer troll shack and shut up. NO ONE cares what you say but your little trainee. Did your favorite two bromances lickin and ratsass run off on you? Did the pond scum a little and maybe they will service. At least you still have the tinyweanie scooter boy. Here, start with a GODvine. It will make you feel better. I know you like the ones about Ducks. lol

Hospital Workers Rescue Ducklings and Reunite Them With Their Mom

The end of this video will really make you happy. After these ducklings got stuck down in a hole, it was some hospital employees that came to the rescue. Watch the heartwarming outcome.

http://www.godvine.com/Hospital-Workers-Rescu...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Now it is revealed to me !! I see the light !! Larry Flynt the publisher of Hustler magazine was so rude and crude that someone shot his manhood off. I bet he retired, changed his name, and moved to Scottsville and became obsessed with the other side of his anatomy since that is all he has left.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Used to be a crow that would fly in the 6th grade window(1966)and steal our pencils(they love shiny objects)Also,if coins were thrown into the air,(encouragingly) the crow would catch them, and had a special hiding place on top of the schoolhouse. We drank many a pop from that collection. Did I mention the crow could talk? Had a vocabulary matched only by Bird-Killer.
I have heard and seen stories about them picking things up and flying off, but have never witnessed it myself. Bird killer is doing some crowing for the old buzzard he adores huh? hahahaha
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Now it is revealed to me !! I see the light !! Larry Flynt the publisher of Hustler magazine was so rude and crude that someone shot his manhood off. I bet he retired, changed his name, and moved to Scottsville and became obsessed with the other side of his anatomy since that is all he has left.
I think you are on to something Ancient Wolf. hahahaha

“Take no prisoners”

Since: Jan 11

Eddyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

kevin wrote:
<quoted text>I think the little boy avatar is for an entirely different reason.*wink. Know what I mean?
It;s a pic of the Tuna Farter as a child. His hero is Elton John.

He gets it from his cross-dressing dads side.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, I will check that out! Hello Una, how have you been?
Hello Olive, The Fartman has been doing OK. Dang it, had to go buy me a new keyboard this morning. I spilled Diet Coke on mine last night, for some odd reason this morning it was making my computer some really wild stuff. LOL. The other one was an old backup anyway. It was showing five seperate screens turned sideways, I think the Diet Coke kind of caused some stuff to short out. I wonder if it's doing that kind of stuff to me? LMAO.

Good to hear from you Dear One.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

UPDATE: Decorah eagle found electrocuted
DECORAH (KWWL)-

One of the Decorah eagles born this spring was found electrocuted over the weekend.

The Raptor Resource Project, which runs the well-known Decorah Eagle Cam, says one of the younger eagles was found electrocuted at the base of a power pole on Sunday. The bird was known as D12, and had recently left the nest for the season.
The Raptor Resource Project says it notified the local utility company of the bird's death and modifications were made to several power poles in the area to make them safer for the eagles.

The RRP advises that anyone who finds a bird that may have been electrocuted should contact the local wildlife office and the utility company. The RRP says you should be prepared to provide details about the bird and the identification number or specific location of the utility pole.

In a Facebook post, the RRP referenced the Avian Protection Plan released in 2005. According to the plan, many utility poles are safe for birds, but unshielded poles can pose an electrocution risk.
Alliant Energy's Justin Foss says the utility poll D12 landed on did have an animal guard in place at the time of the accident. Crews put a temporary cover over the pole and transformer on Sunday.

Crews returned to the site on Monday to re-engineer the animal cover to make it safer.

The RRP posted a photo of D12 on Facebook along with the following comment:

"We continue to remember how blessed we are with all the successes from the Decorah nest so far, and we will be thankful for all the future successes as well. This is the first known tragedy from the Decorah nest, and we thank all of you for your heartfelt thoughts on this loss."

The Decorah Eagle Cam operated by the Raptor Resource Project tracks a pair of bald eagles each year as they lay eggs and the eaglets eventually leave the nest. The live stream has been viewed by more than 20 million devices around the world.

The Raptor Resource Project is a non-profit based in Decorah. It was established in 1988 to preserve birds of prey.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/18943311/decorah-ea...

So sad. I will look forward to the cycle of life all over again in the spring God willing. They are a pleasure to view. Millions of people watch them every year. Amazing.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

LSD923 wrote:
<quoted text>
It;s a pic of the Tuna Farter as a child. His hero is Elton John.
He gets it from his cross-dressing dads side.
That is too funny. Elton John...good one. I have missed your humor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,021 - 56,040 of81,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Campbell Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fort Campbell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance