United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2011

Judged:

To those people responsible for taking our Buddy off our property without our knowledge or permission; you know who your are. We have taken measures to protect my other dogs from being stolen. They are all now on a national registery. The next time, the St. Francis Sheriff's Department won't be able to protect you from being arrested for taking something that doesn't belong to you.

It is sad that someone has to go to these measures to protect their animals from being taken, but here in Forrest City, I guess we have no choice, because law enforcement in this city is not willing to protect people's rights from certain people or certain organizations.
Criminals

Watseka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2011

The humane society throwing their weight around again? They like to make people think they have the legal right to take someone's animal. They do NOT. They have no law enforcement authority whatsoever. So don't let them try to bully you into thinking otherwise.

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2011

I wish they would come by my place. I average 10 neighborhood dogs and 15 cats that frequent my yard.

Since: Aug 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Judged:

guest wrote:
I wish they would come by my place. I average 10 neighborhood dogs and 15 cats that frequent my yard.
That is the problem right there. Why take animals that are being well taken care of? Why not rescue those poor animals that have no home, are not being cared for, and are starving to death? These people think they are the saviors of animals, but are they really. I spoke to a rescue shelter up north that told me they will not accept dogs from the FSAHS because their dogs have come up there sick, such as dog with the parvovirus and canine influenza. And, organizations like theirs have brought the heartworm to Wisconsin, and before then they did not have a problem with heartworm. In fact my Buddy was heartworm positive when he was taken. He was scheduled to have his treatemnt in the fall, when it was not as hot. So, how responsible are these so called "Do Gooders?" I think it is just a way to be a "Big Fish in a Little Pond." There are many people in this areas rescuing these animals on their own, without the need for notoriety.

“My mind....”

Since: Jul 09

was a terrible thing to waste

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Judged:

How did you get that picture of your dog?

I'm just curious.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Judged:

Criminals wrote:
The humane society throwing their weight around again? They like to make people think they have the legal right to take someone's animal. They do NOT. They have no law enforcement authority whatsoever. So don't let them try to bully you into thinking otherwise.
Well, if that is true, then why are they protected by so many of the officials in this town? No one would help us when our Buddy was taken from our property? When Deputy Officer Watlington came out he filled a inaccurate report and when I ask his boss, Bobby May to have him re-write it, he refused. Then, when I went to Fletcher Long, the Prosecuting Attorney, he as much as dared me to file charges against those people. And, we could not get one lawyer in this fine town to take our case. So, if they don't have any authority, why are they so protected. Is it because certain members of this organization have husbands in high positions? These people have power because the people of this town have allowed them to have power, by turning their heads and ignoring whatever they feel like doing; if it is illegal or not. No one wants to address the problem we have here with so many stray animals or the dog fighting that goes on here. If the FSAHS wanted to do something good for this community they would start by providing lots of education to the citizens in this area. Lack of education is why our town suffers with such high numbers of stray animals. Why not get a program started to make the citizens of Forrest City aware of the importance of getting their animals spayed or neuterd? And, get law enforcement off their butts and close these dog fighting rings down by stiffer sentences for offenders. Education is always the key to most problems. And, who better to start education programs than the FSAHS. That way they could put their energy to better uses, than taking dogs from loving homes.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

OMYDAM wrote:
How did you get that picture of your dog?
I'm just curious.
I am not sure I understand your question about the picture. Why are you asking where I got the picture, if this is my dog? Now I am curious.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Judged:

Is's sad when someone has to put out a $1000 REWARD to get their own dog back, just because of the ignorance of a select group of people in this city. And, I am glad that at least one person in this town recognizes that the dog in the picture is my dog. I will continue to search for Buddy until the day I die. Not everyone can be fooled by the actions of these so called "Do Gooders." People in this city know the truth they just choose to ignore it. I think most of the time people think they are a joke, but I am not laughing.

Here is another bit of news that the FSAHS donesn't want you to know. They do business with known felons such a Binky Lavoie who has been convicted in three states; Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. If you dont' believe me look it up yourself.
Defendant
LAVOIE, ROBERT LEO
Metamora, MI 48455
Male
DOB: 06/23/1971 KENNETH J KLUDT

This guy and his girlfriend are being run out of these states because many of the dogs they transport and receive end up in worse situations than they were before, because these two are in it for the money. In fact the transport my Buddy went up on in July, many of the dogs ended up with Canine Infuenza. So, I am not sure whether my Buddy is even still alive, because this virus can be deadly. I know for a fact that one gentleman took his dog to Binky's rescue and sitter service to board his dog for a few days and the dog almost died from the virus. So, don't think this humane society really cares about the welfare of the dogs or they would not be doing business with this type of individual(s). Because we are judged by the company we keep. So, if they deal with unlawful people what does that make them?
Anonymous

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Reward for Dog wrote:
To those people responsible for taking our Buddy off our property without our knowledge or permission; you know who your are. We have taken measures to protect my other dogs from being stolen. They are all now on a national registery. The next time, the St. Francis Sheriff's Department won't be able to protect you from being arrested for taking something that doesn't belong to you.
It is sad that someone has to go to these measures to protect their animals from being taken, but here in Forrest City, I guess we have no choice, because law enforcement in this city is not willing to protect people's rights from certain people or certain organizations.
i am not sure if it is the right dog but my son found this dog at beckspur baptist church a month or two ago , he looks like the dog in the picture, he said he had been walking around for a while there .i called him little bubba .i dont have a picture of him but he looks like him . let me know if it is , i just seen the palestine topix i didnt know that he was lost if it is him i can understand if you want him back i have lost dogs like this to.

“My mind....”

Since: Jul 09

was a terrible thing to waste

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Judged:

Reward for Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure I understand your question about the picture. Why are you asking where I got the picture, if this is my dog? Now I am curious.
I looked on your profile,( trying to figure out WTF this thread was about) and you were asking for someone to zoom in a liscense plate.

I don't know the full story, I was just trying to get an idea of what was going on.

If you find your dog... let me know and I'll help get it back home.

You seem to have an idea, let me know... I'll help.
DISGUSTED

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Judged:

I am very disgusted by the way this story is being told. The city has not protected the Humane Society, I mean obviously isn't there still a lawsuit in court between the two? Because of such non-sense the humane society had to retain a lawyer I believe. That my dear, just took funding from DEATH ROW dogs. I believe the Humane Society was approached to find a home for one of your...10 dogs? You also inquired about finding homes for some of your others? After being taken to the vet. under the pretense he was adopted, and was health check for his trip up north- there were No actions ever taken to stop this adoption. I believe this continued for at least a few weeks. If this was a sooo beloved family dog, why did you find him another home? It it also the most selfish thing I have ever heard to spend so much money trying to take a dog away from a family who loves him and would never contact a HS to find him another home. The HS of Forrest City would NEVER steal a dog to give away, do you know how many they need to find homes for already? Instead of all this wasting money, why not help dogs that are suffering, neglected and HOMELESS.
seriously

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

Reward for Dog wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if that is true, then why are they protected by so many of the officials in this town? No one would help us when our Buddy was taken from our property? When Deputy Officer Watlington came out he filled a inaccurate report and when I ask his boss, Bobby May to have him re-write it, he refused. Then, when I went to Fletcher Long, the Prosecuting Attorney, he as much as dared me to file charges against those people. And, we could not get one lawyer in this fine town to take our case. So, if they don't have any authority, why are they so protected. Is it because certain members of this organization have husbands in high positions? These people have power because the people of this town have allowed them to have power, by turning their heads and ignoring whatever they feel like doing; if it is illegal or not. No one wants to address the problem we have here with so many stray animals or the dog fighting that goes on here. If the FSAHS wanted to do something good for this community they would start by providing lots of education to the citizens in this area. Lack of education is why our town suffers with such high numbers of stray animals. Why not get a program started to make the citizens of Forrest City aware of the importance of getting their animals spayed or neuterd? And, get law enforcement off their butts and close these dog fighting rings down by stiffer sentences for offenders. Education is always the key to most problems. And, who better to start education programs than the FSAHS. That way they could put their energy to better uses, than taking dogs from loving homes.
Report them to the News and see how powerful they are then. Make it well known what they do and how they act and don't leave out names or threats(dares) they have made.
Anonymous

Forrest City, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

OMYDAM wrote:
<quoted text>I looked on your profile,( trying to figure out WTF this thread was about) and you were asking for someone to zoom in a liscense plate.
I don't know the full story, I was just trying to get an idea of what was going on.
If you find your dog... let me know and I'll help get it back home.
You seem to have an idea, let me know... I'll help.
, Sorry, this dog was very skinny , my son said it had been walking around or two or three days at the church, he was very skinny, but he is a sweet dog , i can understand why you are wanting him back i dont want the ransom money let me know how i can get in touch with you, i dont have a picture to show you but he looks like him, i didnt know he wa lost, i apologize if it is him, i have lost several dogs like this before they just disappear,thanks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

DISGUSTED wrote:
I am very disgusted by the way this story is being told. The city has not protected the Humane Society, I mean obviously isn't there still a lawsuit in court between the two? Because of such non-sense the humane society had to retain a lawyer I believe. That my dear, just took funding from DEATH ROW dogs. I believe the Humane Society was approached to find a home for one of your...10 dogs? You also inquired about finding homes for some of your others? After being taken to the vet. under the pretense he was adopted, and was health check for his trip up north- there were No actions ever taken to stop this adoption. I believe this continued for at least a few weeks. If this was a sooo beloved family dog, why did you find him another home? It it also the most selfish thing I have ever heard to spend so much money trying to take a dog away from a family who loves him and would never contact a HS to find him another home. The HS of Forrest City would NEVER steal a dog to give away, do you know how many they need to find homes for already? Instead of all this wasting money, why not help dogs that are suffering, neglected and HOMELESS.
My Dear, I don't know where you got your informaion from but it is simply not true. The only thing I am guilty of is trusting someone from the FSAHS and trying to do what was right for Buddy. If I was so disinterested in keeping Buddy, then why am I taking the time and money to find him and bring him home? And, as far as wasting money, I don't feel it is a waste of money to find Buddy, but if it is, it's mine to waste. And, yes, I have some idea of how many dogs need home, because at one time I donated my time to the FSAHS. But, that is another story, for another time. You are welcome to believe what you want or what you preceive to be the truth if it makes you feel better about your beliefs.

I believe in Karma and I know that we all will have to answer for our actions, if not in this life, then in the next. And, with regards to Buddy, my conscience is clear. Is theirs?
RealDeal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

I would like to know more about your accusations concerning Robert Leo Lavoie--Binky Lavoie. I did google and found nothing. What were the convictions for. Who is KENNETH J KLUDT that was mentioned in your post?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

rescuelady2 wrote:
<quoted text>, Sorry, this dog was very skinny , my son said it had been walking around or two or three days at the church, he was very skinny, but he is a sweet dog , i can understand why you are wanting him back i dont want the ransom money let me know how i can get in touch with you, i dont have a picture to show you but he looks like him, i didnt know he wa lost, i apologize if it is him, i have lost several dogs like this before they just disappear,thanks
Dear Rescuelady, Thank you for taking the time to write me. I spoke to a gentlemen from about an hour from here that had a dog stolen out of his yard and when he contacted his sheriff's dept., the sheriff there told him that there was a huge dog theft ring in AR. So, perhaps that is what happen to some of yours. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a dog. I have lost a lot of sleep since Buddy was taken. I wake up every night at 2:00 am, with him on my mind. It is as if he is trying to contact me somehow, and ask me to bring him home.

Buddy chose us, we did not choose him. He had been wondering around the neighborhood for a couple of weeks when he decided to come here to live. We already had 10 dogs, so I wanted to be sure that we would have room for him. At the same time we had been fostering a dog for the FSAHS. It was in that time frame that I spoke to a member of the FSAHS and told the member that we might not have room for Buddy, so she offered to put his picture out on the internet as I courtsey; I thought. In my mind I thought if we found room for him, then we would just continue to keep him and take care of him like we had been doing. I guess in my busy life, trying to finish my degree program, I forgot that I had even given the humane society the picture of Buddy, until we received a call from one of them; telling us that they had found someone to adopt him. We keep saying, "NO," but the humane society member just keeping talking over us and wouldn't take "NO," for an answer. The member kept trying to make me feel guilty because the adopters had children. But, I tried to explain that we had fallen in love with him and wanted to keep him, but that did not seem to be the answer the member wanted, so on July 19th, two members of FSAHS came on our property and took Buddy, without our knowledge or our permission. If they were not trying to take him unlawfully, then why did they not wait until someone was at home to give them permission to take him? We never signed any paperwork to surrender him, nor did we sign any other paperwork giving them possession of Buddy. So if it is not theft, what would you call it then?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

RealDeal wrote:
I would like to know more about your accusations concerning Robert Leo Lavoie--Binky Lavoie. I did google and found nothing. What were the convictions for. Who is KENNETH J KLUDT that was mentioned in your post?
RealDeal,

Send me your e-mail and I will be happy to e-mail you all the convictions, because they are too long to put on here; believe me I tried. As far as the name, I believe Mr. Lavoie has gone by numerous alias. I actually have the actual conviction record.
RealDeal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

I will be happy to send you my e-mail privately but I won't post it on here--I donate to his organization as well as FCAHS. I'm thinking from your posts that if either of them read these posts, they would automatically know your identity so if you will post an e-mail address or way to contact you, I will send you an e-mail with my e-mail address. I am interested in knowing more about what you are saying. Thanks
buddy

Sherwood, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

This is the most stupid thread ever for real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

Judged:

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Report them to the News and see how powerful they are then. Make it well known what they do and how they act and don't leave out names or threats(dares) they have made.
Seriously, Believe me I have tried, but the newspaper won't help us either. As I told you. The FSAHS members have friends in high positions and no one will lift a finger to help us. We had one lawyer tells us we had a good case, but neither he nor anyone else would take it. It is like someone from this town told me when we first started out to try and get Buddy back. He said, they will circle the wagons around them and you will not be able to touch them. We are considered outsiders to the people in this city because we were not born here. It doesn't matter that we work hard to be good citizens and try to do what is morally and ethically right. To the people living in this town that doesnt' matter, we will always be outsiders in their eyes, no matter how long we live here.

When we began rescuing dogs, it was because we had lost our dog that we had raised as a puppy, and I guess we tried to fill that void with trying to give another dog a loving home, and from there our brood grew. Early on we rescued 7 puppies and found the males homes, but were unable to find the females homes, so they remained with us and do to this day. Most of the dogs we have rescued have too many health problems to be adopted out, so that is why we keep them with us. Probably if they were in a rescue shelter they would have been euthanized, but why shorten a dogs life because they have health problems, so we give them a chance at life. If there was ever a time that we felt we were not able to provide a good home for them we would do something to ensure that they were placed in a good home. These dogs are our family, since we dont' have any near, and as such if somethng happens to a family member you fight to protect them. Buddy was part of our family and we will continue to fight for his rights. He was not given a choice where he wanted to live by the FSAHS, if he had I am sure he would have wanted to stay here where he was loved and cared for and where he had lots of friends, 7 1/2 acres to run in, and a pond to swim in every day. As I told you in the beginning Buddy chose us, we did not choose him. It was his decision to make us his family our home his. Why take a dog that has a good home and everything he needs and rip him away from that home, especially with all the strays that need homes in this town and the surrounding areas? That one I am still trying to figure out, but of course I am not as smart or wise has the members of the FSAHS. Nor do I have the protect they so obviously have at there disposal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forrest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 8 min REAL AMERICAN PAT... 29,631
Best Looking Guy From Forrest City Of All Time (Dec '09) 1 hr back in da day 249
frogs bar 3 hr Lol 9
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 10 hr Ancient DoDo 9,868
Why is FCSD filing a lawsuit against Palestine ... 11 hr Former Mustang 10
mustang arena? champs. place looks like garbadge! 16 hr guest 8
Mayor candidates 20 hr BABYGIRL 29
•••
•••
Forrest City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Forrest City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000