Three Arrested at Gallatin County Meth Lab

Jan 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kentucky State Police

Troopers have arrested three people after discovering a meth lab inside the home located at 2921 Highway 1992 in Warsaw.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Southern Lady

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 21, 2012
 
More good news. Keep it up!
YaYa

Hebron, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 21, 2012
 
Glad to hear the police are working together and fighting the war on drugs.
its sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 21, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Ur right its a good job that their arresting these meth people but its horrible they only lock them up for a few months and dont provide drug treatment and throw them back where they were in the first place it was nate hutton and amanda cantrell and some mike guy nate and amanda arent bad people amanda was a cheerleader in school i mean sure she messed around with some pot and beer now and then and nate is a real good dude i mean these people need a wake up call but more than that they need help they are good people and i can think of atleast 20 people that are in and out of jail for meth or narcotics over and over and over again u would think the way the crime rate is here it would be bigger i mean their is alot of crimes in cincinnati and the rate is nowhere near what it is here its just real sad that all the this county is worried about is to bust these people put them in jail for 6 months then release them so they can make money cause if any of u are familar with the way that works a person thats in jail for 6 months makes the government exactly the same amount of one that stays in for a year
bullspit

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

its sad wrote:
Ur right its a good job that their arresting these meth people but its horrible they only lock them up for a few months and dont provide drug treatment and throw them back where they were in the first place it was nate hutton and amanda cantrell and some mike guy nate and amanda arent bad people amanda was a cheerleader in school i mean sure she messed around with some pot and beer now and then and nate is a real good dude i mean these people need a wake up call but more than that they need help they are good people and i can think of atleast 20 people that are in and out of jail for meth or narcotics over and over and over again u would think the way the crime rate is here it would be bigger i mean their is alot of crimes in cincinnati and the rate is nowhere near what it is here its just real sad that all the this county is worried about is to bust these people put them in jail for 6 months then release them so they can make money cause if any of u are familar with the way that works a person thats in jail for 6 months makes the government exactly the same amount of one that stays in for a year
Where I come from, if you're making meth you are "bad people".
Treatment usually a given

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

These people, whom I do not know, will undoubtedly have to undergo some form of rehab as part of their sentencing. This practice is now pretty much a standard part of sentencing; usually reducing the time they have to spend in jail by the time they must spend in rehab. It has been said that some very good people do some very bad things; and I am sure these individuals are no different. However, now that the system has them in its grasps, it will still be up to them to accept the treatment and move forward from it. Admittedly, changing human behavior is one of the hardest things to do; for each of us have different desires, needs, and goals for our lives. Getting help and making that applicable to the specific individual is the challenge for any system that seeks to stop a person from moving in a particular direction or engaging in a particular behavior. I have had some personal experience with this and worked in corrections for over five years. I met many inmates that were great people on the inside and struggled to even associate their crime with them. For had they not been in the jail, I would have had trouble making any connection between them and crime at all. I wish these folks well personally on getting help and hope others can learn from their mistakes; to avoid such things for themselves. Society means we are all in this together and none of us can afford to throw away any person, just because they need our help on a problem we might find offensive. Therefore, we owe that, not only to them, but to ourselves society.
its sad wrote:
Ur right its a good job that their arresting these meth people but its horrible they only lock them up for a few months and dont provide drug treatment and throw them back where they were in the first place it was nate hutton and amanda cantrell and some mike guy nate and amanda arent bad people amanda was a cheerleader in school i mean sure she messed around with some pot and beer now and then and nate is a real good dude i mean these people need a wake up call but more than that they need help they are good people and i can think of atleast 20 people that are in and out of jail for meth or narcotics over and over and over again u would think the way the crime rate is here it would be bigger i mean their is alot of crimes in cincinnati and the rate is nowhere near what it is here its just real sad that all the this county is worried about is to bust these people put them in jail for 6 months then release them so they can make money cause if any of u are familar with the way that works a person thats in jail for 6 months makes the government exactly the same amount of one that stays in for a year
Southern Lady

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

There is also the issue that meth use changes the brain. Not to mention that you have to really want to stay clean to succeed in drug rehab and not many people are ready to do that. Rehab is expensive, it doesn't always work and if you hang around with the same people you always did you're on the road to destruction. There is a huge meth problem in Kentucky. It's not just Gallatin County. The problem is all over but for the size of the population in GC and N. Ky it is really bad.
Being a user is an addiction and it can lead to horrible crimes. This week a user killed her children and herself and tried to murder her husband. Why? Because it makes you paranoid. The meth maker is also poisoning every person who comes into contact with the process. The fumes are toxic. As we saw this week there can be explosions and fires. The problem is that once you are addicted you no longer care about good things in your life. All you think about is the getting your fix. The pleasure center in your brain is damaged and you use drugs more and more just to try to recreate that high and you never get it. And that high is all you think about. So no one is safe from a user. That's why they will rob you, why they will risk jail and losing their kids to make it or buy it. It's not a question of how much money the jail makes. Jail is not drug rehab. If you are sentenced and go to prison you might get some treatment. And you might not. Once you get a record you either choose to follow the laws or you don't. And it's your behavior that will determine if you return to jail or not. That's why is probation. Obey or return to jail.
YOU KNOW IT

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I dont think anyone on drugs are good.Its a chose you chose it its not like they cant chose to do the right thing. Drugs distroy homes lifes because of what a person at their own free will decides to do. But the kids involved dont get too. Amy Martin for example is a ruthless disrespect meth head among other things. She put others children in danger not even her kids. What kids of person takes young girls to sell drugs / buy drugs. Those kids had an angel with them. what a piece of work.trash trash trash.I want to know how these pieces of scum get out with a slap on the hand. Thats why meth is out of control because there is no punishment for the actions. Even when you have put the life of children in the direct path of danger. Shame on them all.
Southern Lady

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Yes is is a choice. At first. Then it becomes an addiction. I don't know Amy but I feel sorry for her family. Someone needs to take responsibility for the children. And the courts need to give custody to them. But it's also important that families don't cave and give the physical custody of the children back to an addict.
The get a slap on the hand when they give information on someone else. I don't care what you call it. All I care about is getting them off the streets. And keeping them off the streets. But will that change anything? Probably not. Buy yourself a damn beer and go home and drink it. Stop trying to escape your life using drugs. I have no problem with calling the police on drug dealers or users. Because with them on the roads my life is in danger. And, if they need a fix my life could be in danger in my home. I work too hard to hand over my money or my life. So guess who's life is worth less?
Treatment usually a given

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I think you both make very good points, but the cold hard facts are that this is still a reality for society and it; society must find a way to deal with it for if left up to these individuals, well you know that answer. Also, fear will not fix the problem either, or will locking everybody up, because you said it yourself, they will eventually return to the streets. Everybody that works at all, and I am one of them too, is entitled to have their money and do what they think is right for them. However, back to society, whether we like it or not, these individuals are costing us money either directly or indirectly and are making it more unsafe for everybody. Notice I use words that include most everybody, because we can neither choose to stay locked up in our own worlds, nor choose to ignore making our society worth living in. The question becomes who is holding who hostage? Answers: all are tough choices, but WE better find some, or dig in our pocket deeper. The money we spend on all aspects of this problem today will always be going up and will be twice as much tomorrow. That much is for certain and you can bank on that for sure.
Southern Lady

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

You're right that it's costing us all. But unless an addict wants to get clean all the treatment in the world won't get them clean and keep them clean. I don't worry about someone smoking pot any more than I do someone drinking beer or whisky. As long as they don't drive. But meth is a whole other ballgame. Meth and bath salts make people paranoid so they are a danger just waiting to happen. It used to be believed that the alcoholics and drug addicts were mentally ill and self medicating with alcohol and drugs. I don't know if this holds true with meth. IF they are ready to try to kick their addiction then yes, a drug court would be better off sending them to rehab than to jail. But, no one is willing to pay for it. Not the government and not insurance. Medicare and medicaid are being cut. And addiction treatment is at least 20-30 thousand a month. There is no easy answer and there won't be. Not until the politicians realize how big the problem is. And by then what we see now will look like the good old days. I sure don't have the answer. But I know sooner or later someone in the county is going to die from either an explosion or the fire or the fumes from cooking it. I pray I'm wrong but the amount of people making it points to a sooner or later situation. Do you have any ideas on how to get them into treatment?
just me

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well all ur points taken into consideration it is also very possible to be caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know personally and well aware of what meth does to people. it destroys lives of those who allow it. Alot ha been said that isnt necessarily true nate and amanda are god people. they have been in gallatin county there whole lives and raised there son better than any1 can ask for. They allowed a friend in need to stay through the holidays and next thing u know everything they had and knew was stripped from them. they both after spending 63 days in jail are now out on house arresst and jumping through hoops to do what is expected of them to regain thier lives. and all this being wronglly accussed.. sux!
just me

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well all ur points taken into consideration it is also very possible to be caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know personally and well aware of what meth does to people. it destroys lives of those who allow it. Alot has been said that isnt necessarily true nate and amanda are good people. they have been in gallatin county there whole lives and raised there son better than any1 can ask for. They allowed a friend in need to stay through the holidays and next thing u know everything they had and knew was stripped from them. they both after spending 63 days in jail are now out on house arresst and jumping through hoops to do what is expected of them to regain thier lives. and all this being wronglly accussed.. sux!
really

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

it sounds like you were the one who ratted on them. you said you saw all their problems first hand, but amazingly you didn't get busted. wow, hope they put two and two together.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

bullspit wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I come from, if you're making meth you are "bad people".
im sorry but making bad choices and being lost in life does not make a person bad it just makes them missguided and it happens to some of the best people out there,

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Treatment usually a given wrote:
These people, whom I do not know, will undoubtedly have to undergo some form of rehab as part of their sentencing. This practice is now pretty much a standard part of sentencing; usually reducing the time they have to spend in jail by the time they must spend in rehab. It has been said that some very good people do some very bad things; and I am sure these individuals are no different. However, now that the system has them in its grasps, it will still be up to them to accept the treatment and move forward from it. Admittedly, changing human behavior is one of the hardest things to do; for each of us have different desires, needs, and goals for our lives. Getting help and making that applicable to the specific individual is the challenge for any system that seeks to stop a person from moving in a particular direction or engaging in a particular behavior. I have had some personal experience with this and worked in corrections for over five years. I met many inmates that were great people on the inside and struggled to even associate their crime with them. For had they not been in the jail, I would have had trouble making any connection between them and crime at all. I wish these folks well personally on getting help and hope others can learn from their mistakes; to avoid such things for themselves. Society means we are all in this together and none of us can afford to throw away any person, just because they need our help on a problem we might find offensive. Therefore, we owe that, not only to them, but to ourselves society.
<quoted text>
As first hand knoledge from having a dear loved one with issues treatment is never given unless they are first offenders and they agree to drug court and in that case most serve out before they even make it to treatment and the probation that comes with it is set up for these people to fail ky is behind in times and reform they dont care what happens because all they care about is the money. we have nop true rehabilitation options for people to get help even if they want it and its a sad world that people dont relize this....

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 30, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

YOU KNOW IT wrote:
I dont think anyone on drugs are good.Its a chose you chose it its not like they cant chose to do the right thing. Drugs distroy homes lifes because of what a person at their own free will decides to do. But the kids involved dont get too. Amy Martin for example is a ruthless disrespect meth head among other things. She put others children in danger not even her kids. What kids of person takes young girls to sell drugs / buy drugs. Those kids had an angel with them. what a piece of work.trash trash trash.I want to know how these pieces of scum get out with a slap on the hand. Thats why meth is out of control because there is no punishment for the actions. Even when you have put the life of children in the direct path of danger. Shame on them all.
being an addict is not a choice it is a disease that is predetermined by your genetics i realy wish people would educate them selves before they judge other people... its sad the way we are instead of wanting to reach out and try to help people and teach them about it before it is an issue we dust it under the rug and pretend that they are that way because they are bad people not true sorry
paragould

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

i am from greene co. ARkansas and there are a lot of people i know that are good people that get mixed up in the whole meth seen........they just have problems and used drugs to deal with them they become addicts and in turn addicts don't make good choices...but they are still the same people that took the drug for the first time.....we need to help them instead of sending them to prison and making the problems that lay under all of the mess that was created we are locking are friends family neighbors up and treating them as criminals they are mostly broken people looking to numb there wounds
september morn

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

A person can have all the genetics that predispose them to addiction and not be an addict. It is a choice the first time. They choose to try a drug. Some drugs are capable of causing an addiction the first time you use it. But the bottom line is that it is a choice. Every individual chooses whether or not they try a drug. It's not like you're lined up and forced to take it. So in that way it is a choice. And it doesn't matter if it's drugs or alcohol. Each individual makes a choice. There are nice people in jail for a lot of bad choices. That doesn't make them bad people. But an addict hunting for their next fix is not "nice people". So taking the addict away from access to the drug will allow you to see them in a totally different light than one who is out and hunting a way to get their drug of choice.
After seeing people "helped" for months and years and they don't change what do you suggest we do with them? Drug rehab won't work if they aren't willing to accept it and change their lives. Anymore than you can help an alcoholic who doesn't want to stop drinking. A lot of crime is committed to support one's habit or the selling of the drug. These are the same people who neglect their children, steal from their families and steal from their neighbors and friends. They also commit crimes while they are high. They kill people when they drive when they are high. And just how many times do we spend 30 thousand dollars for drug rehab for them before we say enough?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

september morn wrote:
A person can have all the genetics that predispose them to addiction and not be an addict. It is a choice the first time. They choose to try a drug. Some drugs are capable of causing an addiction the first time you use it. But the bottom line is that it is a choice. Every individual chooses whether or not they try a drug. It's not like you're lined up and forced to take it. So in that way it is a choice. And it doesn't matter if it's drugs or alcohol. Each individual makes a choice. There are nice people in jail for a lot of bad choices. That doesn't make them bad people. But an addict hunting for their next fix is not "nice people". So taking the addict away from access to the drug will allow you to see them in a totally different light than one who is out and hunting a way to get their drug of choice.
After seeing people "helped" for months and years and they don't change what do you suggest we do with them? Drug rehab won't work if they aren't willing to accept it and change their lives. Anymore than you can help an alcoholic who doesn't want to stop drinking. A lot of crime is committed to support one's habit or the selling of the drug. These are the same people who neglect their children, steal from their families and steal from their neighbors and friends. They also commit crimes while they are high. They kill people when they drive when they are high. And just how many times do we spend 30 thousand dollars for drug rehab for them before we say enough?
they dont educate young people about drugs right instead of teaching people what they need to know health class teaches kids how to obtain make and use drugs.... and people dont need just rehab drugs affect the way your brain produces natural chemical levels these people have to rewire there brains to get a hold on this stuff and until someone is ready there not going to do it they have to want to make that choice for themselves not be forced or pushed to it because that is going to make them feel like crap, bring them down , its a very bad psychological reaction to push an addict to get sober you have to be patient and let them make that choice or at least think its there choice this is the number one causes of first time relapse which results in death they were not taught all over again like a child to cope with day to day life after being with out a substance.. im sorry but someone who is not properly educated on effects and how the brain reacts and the process you cant say its a choice because most addicts now days and im talking blue collar never done a drug before in there life individuals which is statistically 67 % of pill and heroine users in the us, were only doing what they were told by there doctor with out fully understanding what could happen. The 40 church goer who works the soup kitchen who had surgery for something, the guy who is on disability because he broke his back at work, the senior in high school who got in a car wreck. These are real examples of people who are now and for the rest of there life addicted to opiate based drugs, this is something that will affect them for the rest of there life and its of no fault of there own, all it would have taken was an extra test and 10 min of the doctor talking to them about what could happen but its all about money and how much the docs can get at that time not the actual care for the patient.
septembermom

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 18, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

It's up to us as parents to educate our children about drugs, alcohol and tobacco. It is not up to anyone else. It's also our responsibility to educate them about sexually transmitted diseases, pregnancy, being taken advantage of and date rape. The majority of people do not get hooked on drugs- legal or otherwise. If you have an injury then do what they physical therapist tells you and follow the exercise program even if it hurts. Better to hurt now and get better than to be disabled the rest of your life. And I realize that a lot of people will never return to where they were prior to the injury. But most of them are not addicts either.

I know addicts who have died of overdoses. One who shot himself in the head because he couldn't deal with it anymore. In the process he almost destroyed his wife and kids. He took the easy way out. A person who takes a pain pill to deal with his life becomes an addict. Take the pill, do the exercises and stretches and get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Florence Discussions

Search the Florence Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min dave 138,383
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 55 min Anne52 81,185
Latest information on Our Schools 1 hr iou 7
Applebees, Florence or Crestview Hills? 5 hr Help please 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 7 hr redeemer 25,959
Rodney Feltner 8 hr Heart broke 5
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 9 hr Whitehair Is Stupid 16,062
•••
•••
•••
Florence Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Florence Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Florence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••