Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
58,221 - 58,240 of 81,562 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Animals seem to have characteristics that we are only beginning to learn ourselves.
When one looks you in the eye, what does it see?
When my beagle, Harley Shay, looks at me she has that look on her face like you are one ugly mf but you rub my belly and give me food so I guess your alright.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
And you wad your panties up over this why? WHY?!! And I believe I have seen about all of us from Scottsville with something removed.
Why? Because AGAIN, you spout nothing but lies. Bothing was removed for bad language. What's being removed is SPAM. Try reading what's removed, and get back to the TOPIC before they see you are nothing but Spam.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Notice people: Spam removed. Please get back to the topic here, and stop posting Spam. Earthquake and weather copy and paste ARE SPAM.
Thank you.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Because AGAIN, you spout nothing but lies. Bothing was removed for bad language. What's being removed is SPAM. Try reading what's removed, and get back to the TOPIC before they see you are nothing but Spam.
Hi Roam hope your having a good day. Stay cool.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Roam hope your having a good day. Stay cool.
I'm staying in the AC for sure. How's about you?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are trippin again.
Just keep lying to yourself, and stop lying here. We'll ALL be happier.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Just keep lying to yourself, and stop lying here. We'll ALL be happier.
Yer a nutjob! Why are things usually exact opposite of what you call it.

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Is nutjob a bad word? I don't mean nothin bad by it.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer a nutjob! Why are things usually exact opposite of what you call it.
I'd rather be a "nutjob" than a liar like you. Now troll away.

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather be a "nutjob" than a liar like you. Now troll away.
That's funny. Where do you troll away to?

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Kentucky Dam...right before they turn on the turbines.
Syl

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Somewhat shocked there was no reply to this post about a (wild) birds display of love, compassion, and grief for it's mate, all the while, standing in my hand.
Hi! I love Blue birds. Sorry about what happened. We had birds crashing into our front window too, two or three times a week. My husband says there are three main causes for this. 1. Territorial - during mating season where they see their refection and think it's another male and attack it. 2. If you have two windows (one each on opposite sided of a house) and the birds think it's an open flyway through and fly right into one of the windows. 3.(Can't think of third one - I'll get back with you). Anyway, we've stopped almost all birds hitting windows by taping 2 strips of Surveyor tape about 24 in long directly on the center region of the window (space accordingly to take up much of window space). It does not have to be "Surveyor Tape". Almost anything will work - as long as the birds can see it's not a "fly through" flyway. In high rises in cities, they will even tape cutouts of owls or hawks on the windows cause those are predators of most birds and scare them away. Let me know if this helps.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi! I love Blue birds. Sorry about what happened. We had birds crashing into our front window too, two or three times a week. My husband says there are three main causes for this. 1. Territorial - during mating season where they see their refection and think it's another male and attack it. 2. If you have two windows (one each on opposite sided of a house) and the birds think it's an open flyway through and fly right into one of the windows. 3.(Can't think of third one - I'll get back with you). Anyway, we've stopped almost all birds hitting windows by taping 2 strips of Surveyor tape about 24 in long directly on the center region of the window (space accordingly to take up much of window space). It does not have to be "Surveyor Tape". Almost anything will work - as long as the birds can see it's not a "fly through" flyway. In high rises in cities, they will even tape cutouts of owls or hawks on the windows cause those are predators of most birds and scare them away. Let me know if this helps.
When a wild bird comes and lands in your hand on its own free will, it's provides insight and understanding that can't be appropriately relayed to other peoples. I once had a rooster that would stand in front of my sliding glass doors while I was learning to play the mandolin. I thought it liked the music, but it was really messing up my steps. Then I realized it wasn't listening to me, but saw it's own reflection in the glass, and wanted to fight the intruder. To relieve him of his jealous anxiety, I wired a mirror inside the BACK of a wire cage and placed it where he could see it when he was on the step. I was not prepared for the entertainment that rooster provided me for the next two weeks, while he attempted to get "the chicken in the mirror". It is now one of my favorite songs on the mandolin.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't troll, but you do. Now, beat it.
trusted

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>The gentleman in this photo died peacefully in his sleep, about two weeks after killing this snake. R.I.P... The top and bottom positions are fallasies, simply for not recognizing or appreciating "middle ground".
So sorry for any lose of anyone. Too many have gone too soon and are greatly missed. Sorry for your lose. May grief , be as a memory of good and not burden you with sadness.. Here is to middle ground...

“Delicate Sound of Thunder”

Since: Dec 09

Cannon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

The only good bird...is a dead bird.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope so. This copy and paste junk is so useless and dumb.
I know, and I know the trolls here don't like their posts being removed, but that happens with spam here.
I had a baby Robin in my trash can. Yep. Trash can. No idea how it got in, but it couldn't get out. Momma bird was kicking up some dust about it. Luckily, I tipped the can over and the bird was able to hop out. The birds now hang out at my front door. Interesting.

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I don't troll, but you do. Now, beat it.
Yes you do and you were a lousy boring troll. Worse troll I ever saw!
trusted

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>When a wild bird comes and lands in your hand on its own free will, it's provides insight and understanding that can't be appropriately relayed to other peoples. I once had a rooster that would stand in front of my sliding glass doors while I was learning to play the mandolin. I thought it liked the music, but it was really messing up my steps. Then I realized it wasn't listening to me, but saw it's own reflection in the glass, and wanted to fight the intruder. To relieve him of his jealous anxiety, I wired a mirror inside the BACK of a wire cage and placed it where he could see it when he was on the step. I was not prepared for the entertainment that rooster provided me for the next two weeks, while he attempted to get "the chicken in the mirror". It is now one of my favorite songs on the mandolin.
Oh how funnny, but it does work though. I know you can sing to cattle and calm them , and sometimes it works with deers also. We had a mean rooster when I was little and my granny use to go back after him with a broom, he was mean though , he would eat us up if he got the chance. When I was younger , I sang wildwood flower, while my grandfather played the mandolin. Such a awesome thing. Memories I will never forget.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

trusted wrote:
<quoted text> Oh how funnny, but it does work though. I know you can sing to cattle and calm them , and sometimes it works with deers also. We had a mean rooster when I was little and my granny use to go back after him with a broom, he was mean though , he would eat us up if he got the chance. When I was younger , I sang wildwood flower, while my grandfather played the mandolin. Such a awesome thing. Memories I will never forget.
What an amazing and sweet story, "trusted". And as usual, the daily inspirational stories from "Abeliever" were a boost! Hope everyone is having a brilliant evening!

And thanks AW for the advice on the R.V. purchase. I have a few more questions for you if you'll be around a bit later on tonight! Much appreciated!!

I'm waiting for Wilfred to come on. I love that show, too bad it's only a half hour sitcom, hehe.

SO: Chat in a bit! Hopefully someone will be on here to converse with!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Flatwoods Discussions

Search the Flatwoods Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Jay 146,949
Oakmont Nursing Home (Apr '11) 7 hr happy employee 8
The crew 10 hr Karma 5
Michelle Triplett 11 hr Linda 3
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 12 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 17 hr Flint hill bandit 16,129
black men 20 hr wondering woman 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Flatwoods Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Flatwoods People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE