Comments
4,441 - 4,460 of 30,588 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
down with JOBS OHIO

Lucasville, OH

#4724 May 29, 2012
WTH! The CEO of Bob Evans is on the board of directors of Kasich's Jobs Ohio. Bob Evans just announced they are shutting down a plant in Ohio and moving production to Texas and Michigan. They also just shut down several stores in Ohio putting more peaople out of jobs! How can this guy be on the Jobs Ohio board and laying off people at the same time!
blowmekasich

Portsmouth, OH

#4725 May 29, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason Wal-Mart is successful is because of their customers. Wal-Mart also has descent jobs and benefits. Talk to their truck drivers, their management, their office workers. They also have the best opportunity to move up in the company for those aggressive enough to take advantage of it.
Wal-Mart does not put small businesses out of business--people do. When Wal-Mart opens up a store, they draw customers from smaller shops, but do not have the power to force them out of town.
What do you mean by "Of those corporations, we are paying out the ass for fuel for transportation and heating bills?" Energy companies don't set their prices--the commodity market does.
Walmart is only successful because of their customers? No $h!t!? That's why I don't shop there. Ask those people? Sorry, some people would rather move up by proving their themselves through hard, productive work and not ass kissing or throwing someone under the bus to get a promotion. Ask their "peasants". Yes, we are paying out the ass for energy. Don't forget that I did say that even though we are paying out the ass for energy, at least they pay good wages and benefits. Why? Energy companies cannot outsource their jobs to China to build energy at a cut rate. Believe me, if they could drive down wages further and faster to make more profit at the expense of everyone else, they would! Hail Right-To-Work! LOL
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#4726 May 29, 2012
down with JOBS OHIO wrote:
WTH! The CEO of Bob Evans is on the board of directors of Kasich's Jobs Ohio. Bob Evans just announced they are shutting down a plant in Ohio and moving production to Texas and Michigan. They also just shut down several stores in Ohio putting more peaople out of jobs! How can this guy be on the Jobs Ohio board and laying off people at the same time!
Well, the CEO of GE is on DumBama's jobs task force, and GE moved their jobs and technology out of the US and into China. This is on top of paying no US income tax. Same goes with GM. You know...... the same GM that our tax dollars rescued. In fact 70% of GM products are now made in China.
blowmekasich

Portsmouth, OH

#4727 May 29, 2012
free wrote:
What percentage is labor burden ? Used to be 28%. Now over what, 38%? The costs are passed on to the consumer. The taxpayer is burdened by out of control government spending. Overhead on steroids. Corporations are people, not alien spacecrafts.
Where does the higher corporate profit come from and where's it go ? Do you think the lower overhead costs realized from overseas production savings increase profits and are paid to shareholders in the form of dividends and increased stock value ? Shareholders who invest in these companies and are part of your pension /retirement fund portfolios, whether union and normal people ? Every commodity and product is initially valued based on labor expended, from extracting the raw materials to finished product. Profit is based on the efficiency it takes to bring a product or service to market. After that, value is based on what someone is willing to pay for goods and services. If there is no profit incentive, there is no product line.
Even your own wages are based a profitability. If you don't deem your pay equal to or more than your productive time, you go somewhere else for better job and compensation.
Where am I wrong ?
By the way, do you spend your hard earned American dollars on Chinese made goods sold at Wal Mart ? What percentage of the cost of goods stay in your community and how much support other communities and how much goes overseas ?
<quoted text>
Is this a person?
http://www.google.com/imgres...

Or is this a person?
http://www.google.com/imgres...

You talk about money, profitability, expenses, portfolios, bottom lines, shareholders, dividends, etc as being a person. I speak of responsibility, morals, concern, humanity, conscience, etc as being a person. It's because of your talk that governments and the population stray to Socialism to restore morals. Those Socialist morals also get over-ridden by lazy free-loaders just as the wealthy free-loaders run over everyone else. It's all really a big $h!t eating contest with no happy median.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#4728 May 29, 2012
blowmekasich wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart is only successful because of their customers? No $h!t!? That's why I don't shop there. Ask those people? Sorry, some people would rather move up by proving their themselves through hard, productive work and not ass kissing or throwing someone under the bus to get a promotion. Ask their "peasants". Yes, we are paying out the ass for energy. Don't forget that I did say that even though we are paying out the ass for energy, at least they pay good wages and benefits. Why? Energy companies cannot outsource their jobs to China to build energy at a cut rate. Believe me, if they could drive down wages further and faster to make more profit at the expense of everyone else, they would! Hail Right-To-Work! LOL
If you wish to look at increased prices of energy, look no further than the environmentalists. Here in the Cleveland area where we are supplied electricity from First Energy, we were alerted of price increases for the next 30 years. Why? Because DumBama shut down coal operated electric plants. The ones that First Energy were able to salvage needed over one billion dollars of improvements; improvements that the customers must ultimately pay. This is happening all over the country.

A few years back, the EPA demanded lower sulfur fuel for trucks. Since that regulation, diesel fuel has exceeded gasoline prices and still does today. Who pays for all that extra transportation costs? The trucking companies? No, you and I do.

Of course, this is on top of new environmental regulations on new trucks. New trucks have to use Diesel Emission Fluid, or DEF for short. DEF is an additive that squirts into the exhaust pipes of trucks, supposedly lowering emissions. It's a separate container that has to be filled with DEF at about a cost of $4.00 per gallon. Plus, new trucks have to have so many computer systems to control emissions that the cost to maintain the breakdowns of trucks gets expensive. Who pays for that?

Many trucking outfits refuse to purchase new vehicles. Instead, they are rebuilding new engines and transmissions. Again, very costly to you and I as consumers.

The biggest profiteer in energy is the government--not the energy providers. Energy providers compete against each other. Government is a monopoly. They can force taxation and regulations on all energy, and you wouldn't even know it hit you.

Since: Mar 11

Richburg, SC

#4729 May 29, 2012
blowmekasich wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart is only successful because of their customers? No $h!t!? That's why I don't shop there. Ask those people? Sorry, some people would rather move up by proving their themselves through hard, productive work and not ass kissing or throwing someone under the bus to get a promotion. Ask their "peasants". Yes, we are paying out the ass for energy. Don't forget that I did say that even though we are paying out the ass for energy, at least they pay good wages and benefits. Why? Energy companies cannot outsource their jobs to China to build energy at a cut rate. Believe me, if they could drive down wages further and faster to make more profit at the expense of everyone else, they would! Hail Right-To-Work! LOL
.
Why do you chose the peasants route? Why don't you build or buy your own corporation and then come back and tell us how good it is.

Since: Mar 11

Richburg, SC

#4730 May 29, 2012
And don't forget to tell again how corporations are not people as well after you get your corporation built or paid for.....
me:)

Proctorville, OH

#4733 May 30, 2012
It's OVER now this was two years ago
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#4735 May 30, 2012
free wrote:
Isn't Diesel exhaust too heavy to remain suspended in the air ? Same with coal emmisions who's particulates settle to earth. I would think the great number of jets and their exhaust remains suspended in the upper atmosphere, notwithstanding the vapor trails expelled ? Has to be a enormous smog exhaust slick encircling the earth.
<quoted text>
To some degree, I believe it is. But then the rain comes along and washes it all back to earth. That's how acid rain is created.

The thing with all these new expensive environmental regulations is that nobody can tell us in plain English what these measures will do for us. In the Cleveland area, we are plagued with E-check. You have to take your car in and have it checked out before you can get license plates. Before they came up with this nonsense, they measured the air quality on the worst possible hot humid day, and stated our air was at dangerous levels. They instituted the E-check, and ten years later, measured the air again, and nothing changed. So what did they do? They decided to continue E-check. And these are the very same people that want to run our healthcare.

Millions of dollars washed right down the drain. Those millions could have been better used by being circulated in this area instead of being sucked down that environmental well that never seems to get filled. The funny thing is that even if you fail E-check, all you have to do is invest a couple hundred dollars towards repairs of the vehicle, and they will let you drive away smoking up the street with anything that shoots out of the exhaust.

I don't worry about energy companies making five or six percent profit. I get something for the money I spend. Not so with environmental costs--many of them hidden away so we can't see them. Last year, Sears came out to repair my snowblower. While the technician was here, I told him that I can't get full power out of the engine because when I totally close off the choke, it loses power and at times even shuts down. He told me that's the way they are made now. You can't close off the choke for full power because it causes too much pollution. Yes, they even attacked our lawnmowers and snowblowers.
blowmekasich

Portsmouth, OH

#4737 May 30, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wish to look at increased prices of energy, look no further than the environmentalists. Here in the Cleveland area where we are supplied electricity from First Energy, we were alerted of price increases for the next 30 years. Why? Because DumBama shut down coal operated electric plants. The ones that First Energy were able to salvage needed over one billion dollars of improvements; improvements that the customers must ultimately pay. This is happening all over the country.
A few years back, the EPA demanded lower sulfur fuel for trucks. Since that regulation, diesel fuel has exceeded gasoline prices and still does today. Who pays for all that extra transportation costs? The trucking companies? No, you and I do.
Of course, this is on top of new environmental regulations on new trucks. New trucks have to use Diesel Emission Fluid, or DEF for short. DEF is an additive that squirts into the exhaust pipes of trucks, supposedly lowering emissions. It's a separate container that has to be filled with DEF at about a cost of $4.00 per gallon. Plus, new trucks have to have so many computer systems to control emissions that the cost to maintain the breakdowns of trucks gets expensive. Who pays for that?
Many trucking outfits refuse to purchase new vehicles. Instead, they are rebuilding new engines and transmissions. Again, very costly to you and I as consumers.
The biggest profiteer in energy is the government--not the energy providers. Energy providers compete against each other. Government is a monopoly. They can force taxation and regulations on all energy, and you wouldn't even know it hit you.
As a union worker, we bargain for our wages to increase to compensate for inflation and higher costs of living through contracts with these companies. Many times, higher costs to companies have nothing to with labor or government regulations. Look around at some of the companies that exist. A lot of them actually exist to feed off of other companies in order to turn a profit. These companies often bankrupt other companies for their own success but the consumer and employees, once again, PICK UP THE TAB!

See: Bain Capital, in which your beloved Mitt Romney is so proud of. They merely bought companies, made some changes to turn a short term profit as they went belly-up and bankrupted them. Mitt Romney and a few others made millions at a time, destroyed decent businesses and killed the jobs those businesses provided. And who, of all people ended up paying for the unemployment benefits for the workers' lost jobs and other public assistance just so those people wouldn't have to live in the streets? WE THE TAXPAYER! We pick up the tab all the time for them.
blowmekasich

Portsmouth, OH

#4738 May 30, 2012
free wrote:
Isn't Diesel exhaust too heavy to remain suspended in the air ? Same with coal emmisions who's particulates settle to earth. I would think the great number of jets and their exhaust remains suspended in the upper atmosphere, notwithstanding the vapor trails expelled ? Has to be a enormous smog exhaust slick encircling the earth.
<quoted text>
Only the soot is too heavy to remain suspended in air. It falls to the ground as carbon which everything on earth is made of (living or dead). The main pollutants from diesel exhaust and coal exhaust are carbon dioxide (CO2/"greenhouse gas") and sulfur(SO2). The EPA regulations are meant to reduce the amount of sulfur in the atmosphere. These regulations have nothing to do with greenhouse gases. Sulfur creates acid rain. CO2 creates global warming. In order to reduce air pollution caused by sulfur, you have to burn it out through extreme temperatures (diesel particulate filters on diesel engines)or filter it through scrubbers at power plants. These processes require additional burning of some fossil fuels. Mainly diesel and coal. Cleaner burning fuels such as as propane and natural gas do not contain sulfur.

The increased burning to create the extra heat needed to burn out the sulfur deposits increases the amount of CO2 expelled into the atmosphere.

If I were an oil company, I would want the government to do whatever they have to do to increase the price of my product and move more of my product. These EPA regulations on benefit the oil companies. Oil has lost more in value than any other time since September 2008. Yet, you have these profit margins in oil and gas with record prices compared to cost....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companie...

Even the environmentalists can't see the big picture that even the EPA is owned by corporations.
blowmekasich

Portsmouth, OH

#4739 May 30, 2012
free wrote:
Which means even acid rain is organic and returning to it's raw material it started out as. Like rusted steel that oxidizes and eventually morphs back to it's ore state.
You're right, it's all about paper/cotton/ink backed by the full faith of the United Staes Government (expended taxpayer productive labor) and what gold is left in the treasury. The EPA's control, choke hold on every phase of government departments and private businesses. Wouldn't that be interesting if the vaults were empty, replaced with suitcases full of "Dumb & Dumber" IOU's ? Empty, nada, nuttin', gone.....
<quoted text>
And for the record, ALL highway diesel powered vehicles must have diesel particulate filters designed to eliminate sulfur and harmless soot after model year 2007. Once again, requiring additional burning of fuel to create the excess heat to burn off the remaining sulfur deposits. These trucks used to get 17-20mpg. Now they get 14-15mpg. This law was approved by none other than your beloved oil man George W. Bush.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#4740 May 30, 2012
blowmekasich wrote:
<quoted text>
As a union worker, we bargain for our wages to increase to compensate for inflation and higher costs of living through contracts with these companies. Many times, higher costs to companies have nothing to with labor or government regulations. Look around at some of the companies that exist. A lot of them actually exist to feed off of other companies in order to turn a profit. These companies often bankrupt other companies for their own success but the consumer and employees, once again, PICK UP THE TAB!
See: Bain Capital, in which your beloved Mitt Romney is so proud of. They merely bought companies, made some changes to turn a short term profit as they went belly-up and bankrupted them. Mitt Romney and a few others made millions at a time, destroyed decent businesses and killed the jobs those businesses provided. And who, of all people ended up paying for the unemployment benefits for the workers' lost jobs and other public assistance just so those people wouldn't have to live in the streets? WE THE TAXPAYER! We pick up the tab all the time for them.
And how did we the taxpayer benefit from the jobs Bain created?

After all, Bain didn't stay in business all these years because they bankrupt companies. They made successes of many other companies. When companies become more successful, they hire more American workers. Their success rate is between 80% and 95% depending on what year you look at. For those other 15%, yes, people lost jobs, companies closed, and there were social pitfalls involved. But even with those companies, Bain was able to keep people working longer than they otherwise would without them. After all, you don't call an ambulance when you feel good.

So what we have here are two candidates: one who spends like money is growing on trees, and the other who has a history of getting rid of dead wood to make the remaining successful. Isn't that what we need in America today? After all, how much dead wood does our federal government have today? Does GSA strike a bell, Solyndra, NEA and the hundreds of other worthless bureaucracies?

People love to relive the good old Clinton days. But those good times had a lot to do with the Republican Congress led by Newt Gingrich. They closed down three caucus buildings, block granted welfare money to states eliminating federal pencil pushers. They did the same thing to the school lunch program, and instituted Welfare Reform. In other words, they got rid of dead wood that was costly to taxpayers. So if we are ever to relive those good old 90's, we certainly cant do it with a guy like DumBama who insists on higher taxes and more spending. What we need is less spending by eliminating profligacy.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4741 May 30, 2012
blowmekasich wrote:
<quoted text>
And for the record, ALL highway diesel powered vehicles must have diesel particulate filters designed to eliminate sulfur and harmless soot after model year 2007. Once again, requiring additional burning of fuel to create the excess heat to burn off the remaining sulfur deposits. These trucks used to get 17-20mpg. Now they get 14-15mpg. This law was approved by none other than your beloved oil man George W. Bush.
you got that right, more Socialism.

Since: Mar 11

Richburg, SC

#4742 May 30, 2012
How ironic Ceasars nomination speech was at SPORTS AUTHORITY stadium.......
.
Now that's Bain Capital at work.....
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#4744 May 31, 2012
cujoboy wrote:
<quoted text>
A former President, Clinton, who while in office committed felonies in an attempt to fix a court case in which an American citizen was the plaintiff and he himself was the defendant campaigned for Strickland.
The current President, who is obviously a marxist socialist who is deliberately attempting to destroy the private sector economy also campaigned for Strickland.
Kasich was the author of the balance budget amendment in the 90's. Kasich was one of the leading members of the Republican controlled Congress that created the projected budget surplus of the 90's.
Ah, all the Buzzwords. I wish all the clueless Republitards/Teabaggers would sucking at the teat of FOX/Kochs and learn to speak on their own. And by the way, why no mention of illegitmate president Bush 43 nor neo-Fascist Ronald reagan (one of worst presdients in history) and who is source of many problems we have even now?? Facts are tricky things for Republitards; they require thinking and when the Republtard debate begins with a question like "who here believe in science?", you can tell the IQ level on and offstage is not high! Oh well, the Fascist Party, err, uh, REPUBLCIAN PARTY i mean, is on its way to irreleveance; the next WHIG Party! Ha!!
WhooHoo

Las Cruces, NM

#4745 May 31, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, all the Buzzwords. I wish all the clueless Republitards/Teabaggers would sucking at the teat of FOX/Kochs and learn to speak on their own. And by the way, why no mention of illegitmate president Bush 43 nor neo-Fascist Ronald reagan (one of worst presdients in history) and who is source of many problems we have even now?? Facts are tricky things for Republitards; they require thinking and when the Republtard debate begins with a question like "who here believe in science?", you can tell the IQ level on and offstage is not high! Oh well, the Fascist Party, err, uh, REPUBLCIAN PARTY i mean, is on its way to irreleveance; the next WHIG Party! Ha!!
You really cut loose with a bunch of ignorance. Got any more pearls of ignorance that you wish to share?
me:)

Proctorville, OH

#4746 May 31, 2012
free wrote:
Says you ? Who voted you PC police on a time schedule ?
[QUOTE who="me:)"]It's OVER now this was two years ago"
says me and 8 other people who are reporting this thread!buh bye!!
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#4747 May 31, 2012
WhooHoo wrote:
<quoted text>You really cut loose with a bunch of ignorance. Got any more pearls of ignorance that you wish to share?
Sure...check out the rambling teabagger bull**** i was responding to! HA!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#4749 May 31, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, all the Buzzwords. I wish all the clueless Republitards/Teabaggers would sucking at the teat of FOX/Kochs and learn to speak on their own. And by the way, why no mention of illegitmate president Bush 43 nor neo-Fascist Ronald reagan (one of worst presdients in history) and who is source of many problems we have even now?? Facts are tricky things for Republitards; they require thinking and when the Republtard debate begins with a question like "who here believe in science?"
They could say something dumber like "It's been three and a half years, and it's still Bush's fault." Yeah, now that's talking on your own. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flat Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 231
Review: Chill's Body Shop (Aug '11) Jul '14 scamer try some o... 3
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Bobby Nye 178
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr '14 squid 118
Clyde Cancer Cluster (Jan '08) Apr '14 PITSfounder 181
•••
Flat Rock Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Flat Rock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Flat Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Flat Rock News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Flat Rock
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••