|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Ironic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey grammar nazi, when you start a sentence with the word CAN, the correct punctuation mark to use is a question mark. Just wanted to point that out to you. Keep up the good work!
I would hardly call missing a question mark a major grammatical error such as the examples that are being displayed on these posts (it hardly compares to the butchering going on the English language) but if you say so. LOL. Oh shall I correct myself LOL!!!!!
Ironic

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

GET EDUCATED wrote:
<quoted text>
I would hardly call missing a question mark a major grammatical error such as the examples that are being displayed on these posts (it hardly compares to the butchering going on the English language) but if you say so. LOL. Oh shall I correct myself LOL!!!!!
I do say so. Also, when you used the word shall, it was used in the first person. This implies a question. So, you should have used a question mark instead of multiple exclamation points. Nice try though.
GET EDUCATED

Fayetteville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Ironic wrote:
<quoted text>
I do say so. Also, when you used the word shall, it was used in the first person. This implies a question. So, you should have used a question mark instead of multiple exclamation points. Nice try though.
Once again, just left it off...not really a major error or butchering of the english language but NICE try Look, I left it off again- LOL! I think the point is that if you read some of the posts I commented on, basic sentence structures are incorrect such as stating WE WAS GOING, not knowing the differences between the usage and spelling of their, there and they're, THE KIDS is the ones losing, ETC. Again, hardly compares to leaving off a punctuation mark. GET THE POINT? And for the record, the exclamation marks were reflective of the emotion behind LAUGHING OUT LOUD-- which, by the way, I am still doing!!
honest

Milton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

we were talking about the football fight. take your grammer class to another site.
GET EDUCATED

Fayetteville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

honest wrote:
we were talking about the football fight. take your grammer class to another site.
People need to take themselves back to elementary school and junior high to get basic education before they begin attempts at posting on any public forum. It is ridiculous. I am not talking about someone who may occasionally misspell a word or someone who may misuse punctuation or have an occasional typo. I am talking about those that have no clue what the simple rules of grammar and sentence structures are whatsoever! When people don't know the differences among there, their and they're; to, two and too; here and hear, how to conjugate a verb, the correct usage of present, past and future tense of verbs,or the noun/verb singular/plural agreement; there is just no excuse! So I will NOT take my lesson elsewhere. Where there is stupidity, I feel obligated to help those seek HELP!
Dissident

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

This whole damned thread is really embarrassing.

I can't believe what I'm reading, is it any wonder there are so many little hellions running around these days?........Just listen to their "parents" talk!

Unbelievable ignorance. Nothing like ignorance in action.

You people should be ashamed at how juvenile you're acting. I know you want to win a GAME, but just remember, it's a GAME!
a close friend

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

it was all fv fault , there coach started talking shit and the miner family, showed them who was boss !
really

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2011

No,the Miner coach should have responded differentky and appropriatky. He didn't, si he is more wrong than Fayetteville. Stop the ignorance. Please.
someone who knows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

really wrote:
No,the Miner coach should have responded differentky and appropriatky. He didn't, si he is more wrong than Fayetteville. Stop the ignorance. Please.
really ? your a idiot ... Fayetteville shouldn't have ran there mouth And provoked it..and it would have never happened!
What A Trip

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

A friend said I should check this thread out. I've been glued to my screen for the better part of an hour and all I can say is wow!

This is like watching a train wreck. It's interesting and revolting at the same time.

I have no dog in this fight and am totally on the outside looking in. One question that I have is that if these two teams are from the Fayetteville and Marmet areas...why are so many posts coming from people that live anywhere from Columbus, OH to Washington DC?

Their comments make it seam that they were at the game. Surely, kids aren't traveling those distances to be on a midget league football team are they?

GET EDUCATED

Fayetteville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

someone who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
really ? your a idiot ... Fayetteville shouldn't have ran there mouth And provoked it..and it would have never happened!
Who is the Fayetteville Coach? Selvy? Isn't he like a Lt. Col. in the Army National Guard or something? If he was running his mouth (I hear he is pretty good for that and yes I am from the area) then, yes he was wrong too. Looks to me if you are representing our US Military you should be able to coach a midget league team with some dignity and self control. I am not saying the other coach by any means did the right thing but if a member of our US military has to be banned from coaching in our community, that seems to be a problem to me. Just saying. And to the post above, just for your information, it would correctly be "Fayetteville shouldn't have ran THEIR mouths" not "there". Good grief.
no way

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Those locations are based on the internet provider, not the actual location of the person who posted. Cell phones show all sorts of locations.
curious

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

You do not know a thing about Chris Selvy then "GET EDUCATED". He is NOT a person to run his mouth and those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. You are running your mouth about how he supposedly runs his mouth, now granted I know him well and he does not, that would be you starting crap. This thread has been beatin ten ways from sunday, it happened and it was terrible, pick up and move on. Lastly, "GET EDUCATED" leave Chris' name off of here, he is an upstanding member in our society and in the military who at the end of the day serves to protect us all and you bringing up his military status on this poisonous site is just shameful.
GET EDUCATED

Fayetteville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

curious wrote:
You do not know a thing about Chris Selvy then "GET EDUCATED". He is NOT a person to run his mouth and those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. You are running your mouth about how he supposedly runs his mouth, now granted I know him well and he does not, that would be you starting crap. This thread has been beatin ten ways from sunday, it happened and it was terrible, pick up and move on. Lastly, "GET EDUCATED" leave Chris' name off of here, he is an upstanding member in our society and in the military who at the end of the day serves to protect us all and you bringing up his military status on this poisonous site is just shameful.
You're not the only one who knows him and if he was involved in this situation which he clearly was, then surely his name is going to come up. I'm not sure, maybe the other coach just for no apparent reason just freaked out and attacked him. There were people from Fayetteville that said he was not innocent in the situation and there have been past situations where he has not been innocent in keeping his composure either. And fyi there are thousands of men and women who serve in our military that protect us each and every day. He is not the only one. Just because you serve that doesnt give you an automatic excuse to act any way you want. Be the example. Shame on him and the other coach who lost their composure and let this happen. Both coaches were wrong and yes that included our own Chris Selvy. Accept it and deal with it. I don't care if he serves or not.
curious

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

Well " get educated" I wont go back and forth and argue over what you think you know because you my friend are a " know it all". As much fun as a good debate can be, I have little time for defamation of character, which is all this is. I do, however, want to say this, put my post in your grammatically correct pipe and smoke it.
GET EDUCATED

Fayetteville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

curious wrote:
Well " get educated" I wont go back and forth and argue over what you think you know because you my friend are a " know it all". As much fun as a good debate can be, I have little time for defamation of character, which is all this is. I do, however, want to say this, put my post in your grammatically correct pipe and smoke it.
I don't claim to know it all, I just claim to know what I know, been taught through education and what I have experienced. I have opinions about incidents and those who are involved in those incidents, just as you have opinions. It isn't defamation, it is personal opinion through my experience, perception and facts of the matter. If you say you won't go back and forth arguing, then I would advise that you don't (as you apparently are). I am sorry you seem to get bent out of shape that I believe others need to brush up on their grammar and usage of the basics of it. I am equally as sorry that you feel Chris Selvy is excused from his part in the "Backyard Brawl" just because he serves as an officer in our military. For that very reason, I would say that is the very reason he should lead by example. Both coaches were wrong, just deal with it. I am sure he is reflecting himself and thinking he could have done things differently. He isn't a bad guy, but he should have behaved differently too. Get over yourself. And byw, I don't smoke but thanks for the originality.
curious

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Oh your welcome anytime there bud
Insider News

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Judged:

I am happy that someone knocked the Fayetteville coach down a few notches. I just wished I was there to see it. He is an arrogant prick. He thinks he is better than everyone else, uses his position for his advantage, and does not care about anyone else. Just by knowing him, I would say that he tried pushing his weight around and the miners had enough of it. With that being said, good job miners and to hell with Selvey and the 150th.
fayetteville

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2011

Judged:

I think midget league is for kids in the grade school up to grade 5 if a 6,7,or 8th grader needs to be playing on the MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM I have spoken to several coaches (high school) and its sad they can't coach because of the parents, they what to go to the school board because the coach told him to leave the field because he is playing around. That what wrong parents let your kids grow up. I have seen that midget league destroy kids and they never play football again. I can tell you one thing my son played one year of "C" team football and it was a joke and I mean JOKE. I have seen kids come up from that midget league and play middle school and they can't play because of the coach's did a poor job and the kid will not change there ways and they get hurt. I think we are geting like OAK HILL they have a great midget league but a terriable high school because of this. You doun't allow your kids to skip grades 6th,7th and 8th grade why allow them to skip another part of there lives oh i remember because they have to sit the bench the first year and that no fun for the parent or the kid so let them stay down so i can watch them and when they hit high school they suck.
U HV RIGHTS

Fayetteville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2011

curious wrote:
Oh your welcome anytime there bud
LOL There you are again "not having time" for arguing back and forth right? Maybe this is you Selvy... HA. "BUD" Some people never learn from getting the crap knocked out of them. Oh and that would be "you're welcome". Just a little education lesson for ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of166
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Fayetteville Forum right now

Search the Fayetteville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 33 min Mgtn Res 43,686
Sunday Hunting 5 hr One of those people 2
ballot to VOTE regauding chickens in town 7 hr Sunday Hunting 16
Let's put a ban on cats and allow people to hav... 7 hr Is this really Chandra 10
happy 420 fayetteville 11 hr Adolf Hitler 2
Your fat, & your clothes are just too tight 17 hr george 27
Vote NO on Tuesday, Saturday, April 26th! 17 hr george 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fayetteville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fayetteville People Search