Who still takes global warming seriously?

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov. Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#27790 Apr 29, 2012
Steve Case wrote:
And as usual with your side of things you don't quantify the contribution of components. Tide gauge data tells us that sea level, over the last 25 years, is going up about 1.8 mm/yr. After Church & White and some others get done adding in the Glacial Isostatic Adjustment and cherry picking the shit out of the data they manage to bump it up to 3.2 mm/yr.
http://i45.tinypic.com/nt72d.jpg
Bummer, alarmists have all the hype but get the data wrong.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#27791 Apr 29, 2012
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're humorous, in a sad way. Don't even know what's going on in your own backyard.
Mayor Paul Fraim of Norfolk says the city will spend $7 million this year on flood control, most of it due to sea level rise and subsidence. The city has and will continue to raise streets and infrastructure to deal with this problem.
You're living on a reclaimed bog in a city bordered on three sides by water and you're ignorant of sea level rise. Guess that shows your general level of intelligence....
But I do. That is what makes this so interesting. People like you are basing the entire case on one video. I know what Paul Fraim said and I also know that the local reporters have also called him on it. Pointed out that the 7 million is to repair centuries old sewer systems and pointed out that some of them were constructed in a loop that did not go anywhere. That they are replacing those pipes because if they do not the federal goverment said it would not give the city one more penny. They have been pulling out the old cast iron pipes and replacing them. Somethng that was left out of the video but has been a local hot button issue. Along with other money wasters like the fact the city was handing out smart phones to gang leaders and had been paying people who had not showed up for work in a decade.

The real story about the land that the city was built on is that it is on the crater rim of an meteor strike that happened in the past. That the land that is flooding out was a flood plain to begin with. Of course it was a great place to settle three hundred years ago because the land was flat and had extremely rich soil. That was the because it was a flood plain.

The fact that you had not bothered to look past the video to discover more about Norfolk is an indication of not my ignorance but of yours. That you did not look up such things as the history of the area and discovered that the video was wrong about the flooding. It has been worse in the past and happened more often. That there has been little visible sea level change in a hundred years and that can be verified by comparing pictures of things that existed then and sitll exist in the same spot. Even the web site that was showing houses on the Atlantic ocean was wrong when they implied that those houses were in Norfolk. Norfolk has no shorelines on the Atlantic..

Try doing a little more research before telling those who live there that they are wrong.

Norfolk va

#27792 Apr 29, 2012
What is really funny when they try to tell those who live in the area for decades or more how wrong we are. The Norfolk Mayor is a slimy little sob that I would not trust for a second and the city had a history of stepping in it. Espically the police force which seems to be on the local news on a regular basis for doing something stupid like killing other cops or doing a drug raid on the wrong house.

Then they ignore the history of the area which in this case dates back centuries. Ignoring the fact that the area has had a history of flooding that also goes back centuries. There are costal defense fortifcations that still show the impact of Confederate cannons and wrecks of warships from both sides that dot the waters. Wrecks whose position and depth are well known and documented.

Other fortications were installed later to counter the Nazi U-boat threat after one actually sailed into the Chesapeake Bay. Fort Wool was a small fort built for just this reason and built on a mud bank of an island. Even later they used some concrete ships. Ships made out of concrete and sunk them as breakwater's for one harbor on the Chesapeake.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/10/ships-concret...

http://www.concreteships.org/ships/kiptopeke/
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27793 Apr 29, 2012
tina: Norfolk has no shorelines on the Atlantic.

REPLY: LIAR.

Norfolk is tsunami-ready and has a sign to prove it

"The city was recently declared tsunami ready by the National Weather Service, joining tiny Indian Harbour Beach in Florida as the only localities on the Atlantic Coast to meet the government’s seismic sea wave standards."

http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/node/47021

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#27794 Apr 29, 2012
Tsunamis kill many, Japanese nuclear power plant accidents haven't killed anyone.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27795 Apr 29, 2012
It was posted before that deaths of military (also police et al on duty) personnel are not reported. Only civillian deaths are mentioned in risk assessments.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#27796 Apr 29, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
It was posted before that deaths of military (also police et al on duty) personnel are not reported. Only civillian deaths are mentioned in risk assessments.
Zero, if they didn't drown or get crushed. There are no stories of unreported military, police and civil defense workers because they avoided high dosage. They live.

Norfolk va

#27797 Apr 29, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
"The city was recently declared tsunami ready by the National Weather Service, joining tiny Indian Harbour Beach in Florida as the only localities on the Atlantic Coast to meet the government’s seismic sea wave standards."
http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/node/47021
Really, care to point out on a map where I am wrong. It does have shoreline on the Chesapeake Bay and Elizibeth River but nothing that is on open ocean.

Also, when you read the link the one line that really did sum up what it was all about was,

“I went after it because of the potential there would be some federal funds available,” he said.

That is what it what the tsunami readness was really about. Getting more money from the federal goverment. Fraim and friends are all about the money. In fact, since one got caught raiding the city cookie jar for extra cash we are having an election tuesday to replace him.

But the simple fact is while we have access to the Atlantic the city of Norfolk has no shoreline on the Atlantic Ocean. Which means you were wrong again when you called me a liar. Then again you do that when someone tells you something you didn't want to hear.

Norfolk va

#27798 Apr 29, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Zero, if they didn't drown or get crushed. There are no stories of unreported military, police and civil defense workers because they avoided high dosage. They live.
Not to mention that both have CBR training and equiptment at the ready. Don't forget that terrorist organizations in Japan did use chemical weapons once. Sarin is even more deadly than nuclear radation. People can survive nuclear radiation as long as the dose is not to high. Sarin on the other hand can kill you in your tracks.

http://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/sarin/basics/f...

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#27799 Apr 29, 2012
SpamBot wrote:
Time to apologise to tina.

Norfolk va

#27801 Apr 30, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Time to apologise to tina.
I doubt that he can even though you can google a map of Norfolk and see that none of the shoreline of the city borders on the Atlantic. Those cities are Newport News and Virginia Beach.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27802 Apr 30, 2012

Norfolk va

#27804 Apr 30, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
And the only reason was they might receive a little extra goverment funds. That was the only reason why Norfolk even bothered.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#27805 Apr 30, 2012
You were right, tina, he can't use google.
Poor lamb must be confusing Virginia Beach with Norfolk.
http://www.vbbound.com/virginiabeach/trip/ima...

Norfolk va

#27806 Apr 30, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
You were right, tina, he can't use google.
Poor lamb must be confusing Virginia Beach with Norfolk.
http://www.vbbound.com/virginiabeach/trip/ima...
I love his sign as proof bit. Denver could make the same claim and end up with the same sign. All it proves is that the city has met the guidelines for qualification. The only city that is actually on the Atlantic Ocean is Virginia Beach. All the other cities are in the bay.

I actually found the link to a map that just happens to show the center of the Chesapeake Bay Metorite Crater and another that is a tourist map. Who knows, maybe he can click on the links and learn where Norfolk and Virgina Beach is.

https://whro.hrvlc.org/images/Hampton_Roads_M...

http://sunnydayguide.com/virginia_beach/dynam...
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27807 Apr 30, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do. That is what makes this so interesting. People like you are basing the entire case on one video. I know what Paul Fraim said and I also know that the local reporters have also called him on it. Pointed out that the 7 million is to repair centuries old sewer systems and pointed out that some of them were constructed in a loop that did not go anywhere. That they are replacing those pipes because if they do not the federal goverment said it would not give the city one more penny. They have been pulling out the old cast iron pipes and replacing them. Somethng that was left out of the video but has been a local hot button issue. Along with other money wasters like the fact the city was handing out smart phones to gang leaders and had been paying people who had not showed up for work in a decade.
The real story about the land that the city was built on is that it is on the crater rim of an meteor strike that happened in the past. That the land that is flooding out was a flood plain to begin with. Of course it was a great place to settle three hundred years ago because the land was flat and had extremely rich soil. That was the because it was a flood plain.
The fact that you had not bothered to look past the video to discover more about Norfolk is an indication of not my ignorance but of yours. That you did not look up such things as the history of the area and discovered that the video was wrong about the flooding. It has been worse in the past and happened more often. That there has been little visible sea level change in a hundred years and that can be verified by comparing pictures of things that existed then and sitll exist in the same spot. Even the web site that was showing houses on the Atlantic ocean was wrong when they implied that those houses were in Norfolk. Norfolk has no shorelines on the Atlantic..
Try doing a little more research before telling those who live there that they are wrong.
What video? Why do you assume I got my information from "that video"?

Maybe you should check with the Navy instead of that "slimy" little mayor. Norfolk has experienced the highest relative increase in sea level on the East Coast — 14.5 inches since 1930, according to readings by the Sewells Point naval station. But maybe it some of those liberal swabbies taking the measurements and cooking the books.

Maybe you should check out the Pentagon's plans for dealing with climate change. But then again, it could be those radical left-wing generals making those plans.

Or maybe you should check into a mental health facility. You're definitely out of touch with reality.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

#27808 Apr 30, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Time to apologise to tina.
OK. Tina, I'm sorry you're an idiot.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#27809 Apr 30, 2012
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What video? Why do you assume I got my information from "that video"?
Maybe you should check with the Navy instead of that "slimy" little mayor. Norfolk has experienced the highest relative increase in sea level on the East Coast — 14.5 inches since 1930, according to readings by the Sewells Point naval station. But maybe it some of those liberal swabbies taking the measurements and cooking the books.
Maybe you should check out the Pentagon's plans for dealing with climate change. But then again, it could be those radical left-wing generals making those plans.
Or maybe you should check into a mental health facility. You're definitely out of touch with reality.
Key word: "relative" sea rise

"Like many other cities, Norfolk was built on filled-in marsh. Now that fill is settling and compacting. In addition, the city is in an area where significant natural sinking of land is occurring. The result is that Norfolk has experienced the highest relative increase in sea level on the East Coast — 14.5 inches since 1930, according to readings by the Sewells Point naval station here."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/26/science/ear...

Is the water rising, or the land sinking?
litesong

Everett, WA

#27810 Apr 30, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
Norfolk is tsunami-ready and has a sign to prove it.....
Washington state isn't tsunami-ready & have signs to prove it.
Yeah, follow that sign & it leads you up a road to a......
steeled gated fence only a tank could drive over.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Several-ts...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27811 Apr 30, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word: "relative" sea rise
"Like many other cities, Norfolk was built on filled-in marsh. Now that fill is settling and compacting. In addition, the city is in an area where significant natural sinking of land is occurring. The result is that Norfolk has experienced the highest relative increase in sea level on the East Coast — 14.5 inches since 1930, according to readings by the Sewells Point naval station here."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/26/science/ear...
Is the water rising, or the land sinking?
Both but you are too lazy to research it, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Farmington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Planes will drop herbicide on sagebrush in San... 22 hr lies 2
Farmington Police Department expects 5-year hig... Wed XandO 4
Kirtland Incorporation - Something Smells and i... Oct 21 Whammer Jammer 2
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Oct 18 justice is just a... 6,084
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Oct 18 XandO 214
FPD Bored? Oct 15 MCMN 24
Jordan Ray Thomas Miller (Nov '08) Oct 13 Ashley Schultz 9
Farmington Dating
Find my Match

Farmington Jobs