Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“Ill Bill's the Best”

Since: Oct 11

Icno's Sock Drawer

#64758 Jul 27, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
Why was Charlie Girls post removed?
Bizarre.

“Ill Bill's the Best”

Icno's Sock Drawer

#64759 Jul 27, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Hum, I don't know. I thought she might have thought I was hot.
I don't. Not even a little bit.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#64760 Jul 27, 2012
Charlie_Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't. Not even a little bit.
That's not very nice. I don't care I have a girl anyway.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#64761 Jul 27, 2012
Charlie, stick with the thread and don't let it get to ya, hon. I have a distinct feeling that a few clocks are 'tic toc-ing" in this thread as far as what's being seen and removed so far....

It's a shame that people get harassed just because they make a simple yet harmless comment. It IS against the rules of Topix to harass people and stalk them.

I was even accused of smoking too much 'dope' yesterday, lol. i don't know how far back that comment was at this point and I really don't feel like dredging it back up, LOL. But that couldn't be further from the truth, although I OUTWARDLY ADMIT that if it was made legal for medicinal use, I'd partake in a heartbeat.....

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#64762 Jul 27, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Comments are coming down again, and fast. I see that Topix is taking this thread seriously as far as complaints about the spam being placed on here has gone.
This is just my personal theory, but due to a couple of odd comments that were placed on here yesterday concerning "certain" users possibly getting banned soon, along with thinking back on WHO placed those comments (beings as they seem to be the ones who are getting their comments taken down), it might be backfiring on them.....
Like I said, that's just my personal theory. I have no way to back that up, but it makes sense if you think about it.
*Just a heads up: Don't hit the reply button on something that might be pegged for deletion. Your comment will probably come down too because it contains the content that got removed.....
We seem to have good timing! But, was either post worthy of deleting?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#64763 Jul 27, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be darned.
OK, read my last comment. Stands to reason that I'm right on the mark.....
Actually, the reply to a post that is removed doesn't come down with a deleted post. In fact the deleted post is reprinted in small print with the reply. I think she forgot to say; Mother may I? or Simon say's.

#64764 Jul 27, 2012
I don't know, Pete. It's all up to the Mods when it's said and done...

This is a privately owned and operated web site. That's why I get such a kick out of people screaming that they "HAVE" freedom of speech, not understanding that their freedom of speech does not come with a side order of ignorance, hehe. They claim to HAVE freedom of speech like it's a free token to hammer people with, LOL!
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#64765 Jul 27, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my dear Lord, I literally just spewed coffee on my computer screen and keyboard, LOL! No lie! SO TRUE THAT STORY IS! My Mom always told us that she and her siblings fought over the "scratchers" as they would call them. They always fried up the chicken feet too when my Grandma or my Great Grandma Gregory culled a hen, usually two hens because there were so many of them, sitting down at the diner table, hehe. She says there was many a time they where sent from the table to go out and cut a switch for fighting over those "scratchers", LOL!! And as it's a well known fact, that switch had better be a good one or you went back out to get a better one and got a worse woopin'.
<<<snort>>>
I need a minute to recover from that story, HAHAHA!!
(Wiping tears from my eyes, hehe). Thanks, Hemp. I love starting my day with a gut busting giggle.
Much obliged to ya for that one, darlin'. My day has started of well!!
Of course you recall the cutting off the chicken's head or wringing it's neck just to have the headless bird running all over the place. There was a local known "Witch", who would wring or cut off a chickens head, the quickly pluck a flight feather and scribe a circle around the bird, then release it, the flopping bird would never leave the circle. And you are right, best find that good switch the first time or you got it twice, ouch me.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#64766 Jul 27, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I don't know, Pete. It's all up to the Mods when it's said and done...
This is a privately owned and operated web site. That's why I get such a kick out of people screaming that they "HAVE" freedom of speech, not understanding that their freedom of speech does not come with a side order of ignorance, hehe. They claim to HAVE freedom of speech like it's a free token to hammer people with, LOL!
There was an experiment(documented) done once with 10 participating college students. Their objective was to study the results of placing half the students in a jail cell, and the other half were the guards. In only a few days the experiment had to be cancelled, as all the participants had actually ASSUMED the roles they were playing. The prisoners "acted" as though they were really in jail, and the guards were responding likewise. We must never pit ourselves against each other, no matter what the circumstances. United we stand...divided we fall.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#64767 Jul 27, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
Why was Charlie Girls post removed?
Someone reported it. Perhaps they thought it was spam.
Bird Killer

London, KY

#64768 Jul 27, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
there are a select few who don't really have anything to add unless it's rude, crude and off topic.
This comment would fall into the off topic category, right?
Bird Killer

London, KY

#64770 Jul 27, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Someone reported it. Perhaps they thought it was spam.
No kidding.
This whole thread is nothing but spam now. I hope it gets taken down soon. The birds are dead and gone.
Good grief.
Someone will post a comment about how to make monkey dumplings and then someone else will say "that's sooooo cute I love monkey dumplings!"
Good grief, I am going to yak.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#64771 Jul 27, 2012
A lot of posts are "off topic" when answering questions, or posting unrelated questions. However, spam is NOT necessary.

#64772 Jul 27, 2012
Here's quite a little giggle for the day:

I have been halfheartedly keeping track of some posts that I figured would come down eventually. I kept a note of the comment number, kept a note of what it was about, who placed it, the time of day, etc.

Within the last three days, I've caught two "someones" replying to old comments that I couldn't see anymore. And when YOU can't see them, they're gone and only the very one who placed the comment can still see it because of 'cookies' placed on your PC....

They replied to comments that had come down hours beforehand. So now I know who is scamming and changing socks in here, lol. You can't deny it because I caught you doing it.

I'm not going to blow their cover, as it's really not that big of a deal. But I thought everyone would get a kick out of it.

Try it yourself. It's SO easy to do if you want to waste a little time being silly like I felt like being, hehe. You'll catch someone doing it too~~~

It was interesting yet not surprising who I caught doing it....
:)

“The only good bird...”

Since: Jun 12

Is a dead bird

#64773 Jul 27, 2012
The Kentucky department of fish and wildlife has continued the open season, all year long, for big nasty crows this year. So bite on that bird lovers. A wise man once said; "The only good bird...is a dead bird."
Hahaha

I am going out to kill a crow or two with my new pellet rifle. I hope a giant bear, giant crock or giant rattlesnake doesn't get me, ya nutty bunch of nutz.

#64774 Jul 27, 2012
Bird Killer wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief, I am going to yak.
I'm sorry that people being kind to each other offends you so badly.

Oh well, on to better things.

I just saw a red tailed hawk outside in the back yard. How awesome and majestic it was perched on the tree branch. I think it's eyeballing a ground squirrel I saw out there the other day. I used to have so many little ground squirrels out here, but I assume that probably the snakes have pretty much cleaned them out.

Sad to think it's about to be dinner, but such is nature. I can't feed everybody, no matter how much I'd like to.

#64776 Jul 27, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
A lot of posts are "off topic" when answering questions, or posting unrelated questions. However, spam is NOT necessary.
Agree, but it's kind of hard to stay on topic when you're hitting almost 7,000 comments. It's gotta veer at some point and time. Hopefully we can just keep it fun and lighthearted with a few good debates thrown in to exersize our gray matter occasionally..

“Ill Bill's the Best”

Icno's Sock Drawer

#64777 Jul 27, 2012
Bird Killer wrote:
<quoted text>No kidding.
This whole thread is nothing but spam now. I hope it gets taken down soon. The birds are dead and gone.
Good grief.
Someone will post a comment about how to make monkey dumplings and then someone else will say "that's sooooo cute I love monkey dumplings!"
Good grief, I am going to yak.
My post was not spam. Monkey Dumpling.

#64778 Jul 27, 2012
I'm going to head out for a while. Got thangs ta do.... You all take care and have a wonderful afternoon everyone!

Chat later!!
*Poof*
Bird Killer

London, KY

#64779 Jul 27, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, but it's kind of hard to stay on topic when you're hitting almost 7,000 comments. It's gotta veer at some point and time. Hopefully we can just keep it fun and lighthearted with a few good debates thrown in to exersize our gray matter occasionally..
7,000 comments came and went. Try 70,000 spam filled copy/paste, recipes, bible verses, I love you, you love me we're a happy nuttery la da da DA da da da give a dog a bone.
Yak yak yak I'm so alone.
:(

I will help protect that hawk by killing some crows today, they kill hawks too you know. Bye for realz nopey. If you can find a good recipe for boiled crow chunks I might use it later. LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edwardos and the girlfriend 6 hr Notaplayer 1
Falmouth loss 10 hr justwondering29 19
heroin needles at park 12 hr Really 4
what do you think about chris speros...aka poncho (Sep '11) Fri Curious 16
parole board May 22 Adam Reese 3
Rioters from Cincinnati...? May 21 corn stob 5
Glenn Steinkamp (Dec '13) May 17 Go go 8
More from around the web

Falmouth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE