Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
58,261 - 58,280 of 81,588 Comments Last updated 17 hrs ago

“Ill Bill's the Best”

Since: Oct 11

Icno's Sock Drawer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
It will scare the crap out of Humpaburn. Enough giant bears already. This is a bird topic.
What in the hell is a Una Farter?

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Well... what's everybody waiting for?

We can't just leave a special visitor waiting....
mydixiewrecked

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

peace, love and pepperann

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

It's raining here! Thunder off in the distance, ever so calming... I adore a steady rain at night. Tomorrow everything will be crisp and clean..

Also, nice to see out new visitors in the thread. Please stick around! This is a wonderfully informational and fun thread. Is is possible that you newbies could register on Topix so we know for sure who we're talking to?
(Also it keeps someone from hijacking your user name for ill purposes and placing nasty comments)...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
Well... what's everybody waiting for?
We can't just leave a special visitor waiting....
I know! It's nice to see newbies enter! Welcome!! And as I suggested before, might you think about registering on Topix so we know for sure who we're talking to every day??

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Any of you deadthreaders awake?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Yep. For the time being anyway.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

I'm just floating around trying to get peoples opinions on the UN small arms "treaty" that our government is probably about to sign. What do you think?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Good comment for debate, but unfortunately my brain is too fried for that one tonight. I'd ramble and make an utter fool of myself...

Tomorrow would be a great time to pop in and talk with the regulars on this thread. Great debates roll in here! Sorry, I'm just too pooped tonight. It's bed time for me...

Please though, come back tomorrow and let's get a discussion rolling on this, OK?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

Sounds like a plan. I'll check back in later today.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Sorry, typos again tonight. My fingers aren't paying attention to my brain obviously:
~~~ It makes me feel a bit better to read that a parent actually knows HOW to parent their children in the right manner.~~~
Oh thanks , I hope to be doing something right with my life.... Maybe they will reap from it someday , if not then hope for them to have memories, to pass on. I need to register as well, but can anyone see your email? Is it secure?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it did not get removed. I don't understand why you think they are gone, when they most certainly are not.
Some few just like to draw attention to themelves by creating controversy. The inspirational posts (even if copy-pasted) are much better than rectal body functions, continual arguing, denials, and useless sarcasm of other people's faiths or life-styles.... NOW THAT IS THE REAL SPAM.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
It's raining here! Thunder off in the distance, ever so calming... I adore a steady rain at night. Tomorrow everything will be crisp and clean..
Also, nice to see out new visitors in the thread. Please stick around! This is a wonderfully informational and fun thread. Is is possible that you newbies could register on Topix so we know for sure who we're talking to?
(Also it keeps someone from hijacking your user name for ill purposes and placing nasty comments)...
I can usually tell imposters from the real....people have distinct ways of typing...sorta like handwriting, not real worried about it. Plus the black bird thing is so 2011, I like more up to date bible prophecy.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

trusted wrote:
<quoted text> So know what you mean, when I was little , my grandpa would plow the baccor, and I would rid with him. Then years later , I was the one driving it. Yea a sight to see a young girl of 14 driving that tractor. Those days are so few now, that I try to raise my children this way also. I cook on Sunday and everyone is invited to eat , and my children know all about hauling in hay, working the garden and all the things that I grew up doing. Life was so much more then. You kissed each other goodnight , and kissed each other good morning. Until the day we put my grandfather away , he never went a day without tellin my grandma how much he loved her . Their love was one dreams were made of .. Nite to all , hope your loved ones, value you each , for all you are, and never take you for granted...And may you have the love that dreams are made of!!!!
I know all about the old country days of riding the mule, curing pork, rendering lard, churning butter, packing water, no electricy, and the morning treks to take the thunder mug to the little house on the hill with the half-moon cut into the door. I have now purchased my childhood home next to the farm my grandfather once owned, but is now all woods. I started here and I will end here but fortunately the TVA and the RECC have made life much easier.

But I still take daily walks down mmemory lane to look at the foundation of my grandfather's old house of Love. I can also ride to the little country church about a mile away where my ancestor was married in 1806. I AM HOME.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Some few just like to draw attention to themselves by creating controversy. The inspirational posts (even if copy-pasted) are much better than rectal body functions, continual arguing, denials, and useless sarcasm of other people's faiths or life-styles.... NOW THAT IS THE REAL SPAM.
I said i was sorry. I didn't know anyone else was in the room.

“Back in "Black"”

Since: Jul 10

Unknown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

BarbaricFarthammer wrote:
I'm just floating around trying to get peoples opinions on the UN small arms "treaty" that our government is probably about to sign. What do you think?
It SUX.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Is Ancient Wolf around tonight, or Hempaburn?
Come out, come out, wherever you are........
Rarely ever on at night. Dog and I arise early with the crowing of the rooster and dog goes to make sure the tree my father planted 60 years ago is still there. We even make coffee in the Mr. Coffee instead of firing up the wood stove, dipping water from the rain barrel and boiling the coffee in a blue granite pot. Incidentally, boiled coffee is quite good and you can add a small amount of cold water to make the grounds sink to the bottom.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

Goodmorning to the good posters. Today the olymplc opening ceremonies kick off at 7:00 I think. I will be watching for sure, haven't missed one since '60's. I 'm glad the ousted Olympian was not ours that made the racial comments. Best to know where you are before opening your mouth. Well, got to mow a few graves before the rain hits.

Have a great day,,,,,,,, trolls, not so much.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What a refreshing story! More please! It makes me feel a bit better to read that a parent actually knows who to parent their children in the right manner. Work doesn't hurt a child, nor does passing the stories on about their ancestors. They'll appreciate all you're doing and telling them one day.
My granddaughter that I have only seen 3 times in 8 years has been here for a week listening to all my ancestoral stories as well as the history of this land and it's peoples and going through her Granny's old photos and picking out some special ones to take back home with her. Sadly, she will leave today. She has turned into quite the young lady and is diplomatic enough to brag on my country cooking. She especially liked the chicken and dumplins, tomatoes, corn on the cob, the green beans with country ham bits, baked corn bread, and fried apples. For the past week, we have boycotted hotdogs, bologna, and pizza. LOL

Good LORD willing and the creek don't rise, I will be back on this thread just before sunset and again before sunrise. Those are my times to wind down or crank up. Until then, may everyone have a good day and be Thankful for our blessings... CLICK....
trusted

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all about the old country days of riding the mule, curing pork, rendering lard, churning butter, packing water, no electricy, and the morning treks to take the thunder mug to the little house on the hill with the half-moon cut into the door. I have now purchased my childhood home next to the farm my grandfather once owned, but is now all woods. I started here and I will end here but fortunately the TVA and the RECC have made life much easier.
But I still take daily walks down mmemory lane to look at the foundation of my grandfather's old house of Love. I can also ride to the little country church about a mile away where my ancestor was married in 1806. I AM HOME.
So glad you are were you belong... It sometimes takes awhile for that to happen in our lives. I think I would die in the city. Fire flies of a night, and my rooster crowing in the morning, nite , day and all. See if I go outside at 1 in the morning and turn on the porch light , he thinks its morning and goes to crowing.. His time clock is messed up and mine is running out!!
So glad your grandaughter has gotten to spend time with you, trust me nothing is greater than being with a good pa!!! Should know mine was one of the best. Rose up at 5 , went to work all day in the fields, at 11 came in for lunch , back to the fields and came in again at 5 for supper. He was not much on words, but you always knew he loved you , just from being near him. Oh well enough down memory lane, Got to get to work... Good day to you all.. May your day be filled with those you love, if not seeing them today , pick up the phone and just for today , tell someone you love them...As the hold song says by LR , I Just called to say I love you..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Falmouth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr ILoveitHere 149,877
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr very 26,227
can't have a orgasm 3 hr Shes a user 132
Judge Barbara Paul (Jun '10) 10 hr Divorced 117
Bring back the gold standard! Tue Help 1
falmouth fair Tue Dr Phil 14
32 arrested in NKY; meth lab closed (Sep '09) Mon you otta know 42

Search the Falmouth Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Falmouth Jobs

•••