First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stephen

Billerica, MA

#1 Jun 26, 2012
Did anyone else see the fire at the LNG facility on monday night? It hasn`t been repoted on any news station in Boston.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#2 Jun 26, 2012
First I've heard of this...Were Everett firefighters on the scene ?? Any other cities respond ???
lolz

Boston, MA

#3 Jun 26, 2012
Reasons #1 through 50 for moving out of Everett,
all the different kinds of chemicals, petroleum products, carcinogens, and explosive gases in that Mr Magoo cartoon corner of Everett
Lng nine one one caller

Chelsea, MA

#4 Jun 26, 2012
Yes I saw it I called 911 last night at 10.20 or so at night. Scared the crap out of me. Did you see it. They put it out quickly.
Didnt last long after I called it in. It was a lightning strike.
Lng nine one one caller

Chelsea, MA

#5 Jun 26, 2012
It was a lightning strike. It was contained quickly. No one was hurt. They were on the scene in seconds. Great job to them putting it out so fast. No worrys Everett is ok.
In their standards it was a small fire. Nothing to worry about. It was not castrophic in nature.
They are trained to handle this situation.
Although I must admit it scared the heck out of me.
I was shaken by it.
I am to curious if anyone saw it. Or called it in.
ONE THING TO REMEMBER WHEN CALLING 911 IN A EMERGENCY..
STAY CALM..
SPEAK CLEARLY
GIVE LOCATION AND TYPE OF INCIDENT TO DISPATCHER
THATS WHAT MAKE IT GO SMOOTHLY AND RESPONSE TIME IS QUICK.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#6 Jun 26, 2012
For emergency calls to 911 - if at all possible use a land-line phone ... Cellphones get the job done but can take longer response time as info goes through satellites.
lng nine one one caller

United States

#7 Jun 26, 2012
under some circumstances when your terrified only thing I could remember was 911
lng nine one one caller

United States

#8 Jun 26, 2012
lng nine one one caller wrote:
under some circumstances when your terrified only thing I could remember was 911
I did use a land line
lng nine one one caller

Leominster, MA

#9 Jun 27, 2012
I'm surprised no one is commenting on this incident
Nick

Boston, MA

#10 Jun 27, 2012
it was put out fast we are still breathing the city air, no need to panic everyone

great job EFD
lng nine one one caller

Leominster, MA

#11 Jun 27, 2012
Nick wrote:
it was put out fast we are still breathing the city air, no need to panic everyone
great job EFD
well you would panic if you saw it when it happened
lng nine one one caller

Leominster, MA

#12 Jun 27, 2012
Nick did you see it when it happen?
stephen

Billerica, MA

#13 Jun 28, 2012
Lng nine one one caller wrote:
Yes I saw it I called 911 last night at 10.20 or so at night. Scared the crap out of me. Did you see it. They put it out quickly.
Didnt last long after I called it in. It was a lightning strike.
I was waiting to load at the exxon terminal, and we saw the flames shooting up over the LNG tank.They told us to leave exxon.

It seems they are keeping it away from the media, probably so they don`t cause panic.
lng nine one one caller

Marbury, MD

#14 Jun 28, 2012
stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
I was waiting to load at the exxon terminal, and we saw the flames shooting up over the LNG tank.They told us to leave exxon.
It seems they are keeping it away from the media, probably so they don`t cause panic.
so I gather your a trucker very interesting. thanks for the reply. the flame was coming from the top of the tank. from the thing on top that vents. kind of scary. I never heard any fire sirens did you. wads very quite about it. unless you heard it on scanner or saw it then you wouldn't know it happen
Everett girl

Everett, MA

#15 Jun 29, 2012
Yes, I saw when the lightening hit.. very scary.. No not a word from anywhere?? We were watching and flame was out fairly quickly.. Heard sirens but, did not notice them heading Alford St.,direction. It was very dark I think the lights were out in that area. but, saw fird trucks heading 2nd st towards chelsea anyway EFD always a great job..
Besides if they didn't put it out I don't think I would be sitting here typing this note!!! Great day all..
lng nine one one caller

Red Hook, NY

#16 Jun 29, 2012
everettgirl
Yes were all alive i did not hear sirens. NO don't panic. But its something not to take lightly. We were lucky that night. Hopefully we will be next time. Being educated in what can and can not happen make a difference. So did you call 911 and if so what time. LNG tank is not suppose to catch on fire that on itself makes it dangerous. Was the public told no. Slip it under the tab le and make sure it goes away.That is unacceptable.
stephen

Billerica, MA

#17 Jun 29, 2012
lng nine one one caller wrote:
<quoted text> so I gather your a trucker very interesting. thanks for the reply. the flame was coming from the top of the tank. from the thing on top that vents. kind of scary. I never heard any fire sirens did you. wads very quite about it. unless you heard it on scanner or saw it then you wouldn't know it happen
I left exxon and went down the Parkway towards revere and the Fire engines came out of the station on 99 and were crossing the pkwy in front of me. I found out last night lightning hit the vent pipe and ignited it. They have done quite the job of keeping this from the media and the public.
lng nine one one caller

Red Hook, NY

#18 Jun 29, 2012
stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
I left exxon and went down the Parkway towards revere and the Fire engines came out of the station on 99 and were crossing the pkwy in front of me. I found out last night lightning hit the vent pipe and ignited it. They have done quite the job of keeping this from the media and the public.
thank-you for answering my question. I guess not to many know or saw what happen
It is terrible to take this lightly I think
lolz

Chelmsford, MA

#19 Jun 29, 2012
I wonder how long it would take the foam truck to drive here from Logan?
Everett got the short end of the stick here;

Largest Co-gen plant IN THE WORLD
Only occupied city IN THE WORLD that LNG passes directly through
Co-Gen plant and LNG tanks supports residents across New England,
but Everett residents still pay some of the highest taxes in the state.
And don't even have the specialized equipment to deal with the tanks and tankers.

How about Everett gets a tax break, natural gas rate break
AND an electric rate break for having that monstrosity in our city?

How about a foam truck that would have a prayer of dealing with a rupture?

What fools Everett was when that plant wanted to get built.
They sold the farm for a handful of magic beans.
lng nine one one caller

Methuen, MA

#20 Jun 29, 2012
@LOLZ'S COMMENT:
Great write up on your thoughts. But may I ask what is the Co-gen plant? I heard of the lng tanks and tankers. And of the gas terminal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 1 hr Jtn 1,170
Top-10 reasons the Massachusetts Gaming Commiss... 13 hr Totally disgusted 11
Hmecoming 19 hr Maxed out credit ... 3
urgent city work? Tue Everett Resident 25
Everett Crimson Tide Football Tue Herodotus 35
Shute Library Mon Joann 9
DiMaria Sep 29 neighborhood ruined 8

Everett News Video

Everett Dating
Find my Match

Everett Jobs

Everett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Everett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Everett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]