First Prev
of 3
Next Last
EVERETT

Malden, MA

#1 Mar 21, 2013
Armed home invasion sround midnight on Shute St, 2 males, wearing red masks armed with knives and a gun stabbed 2 people then fled in a dark SUV heading towards Malden

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#2 Mar 22, 2013
With the crime rate high now, wait until the casino opens up, it will skyrocket
everett

Stoneham, MA

#3 Mar 22, 2013
Luckily it will take a while to build this casino. It will give us time to sell our houses and move out of here before the market value goes down even more.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#4 Mar 22, 2013
The casino referendum has to be placed on a ballot and ALL registered voters should vote their preference either for or against casino.

Time for everyone to do their homework and not be swayed by one group or another....

No more apathy voters, get out and vote...This is OUR city and it can be again but you can't just sit back and think woe is me....!!!
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#5 Mar 22, 2013
Usually home invasions are not random ... Anyone have any more credible information ?? There must be a background history that hasn't been revealed yet....
Oscar

Medford, MA

#6 Mar 22, 2013
Make sure to thank the mayor for all this with a re-elect. And re-elect the new Rep to be at that time too.
Joe

Malden, MA

#7 Mar 22, 2013
I heard the guy who did it was upset that his sexual hormones were a little confused
All in with Joe McGonagle

Winthrop, MA

#8 Mar 22, 2013
I also feel the Mayor and city council are to blame for all the latest crime. Fatso the mayor has this city moving to fast in adding this and adding that program hiriring people for new created jobs/positions.
Do you all remember when this was a quiet family city. I'm talking when Mcarthy was mayor things were great the good old times. Not no more when Hanlon and Raggucci were mayors. Thats when things started to happen. Now Fatso our ? Whatever has cost many original Everett people and taxpayers to leave town and who buys the houses or rent the appartments i dont have to tell you.
Fatso and our council men/women are a disgrace with all the coruption in this city including the school department with FFF. They all suck except a chosen few.
Please remember this has to stop and only you can stop this by not voting for Wayne for state rep that's coming soon.
Please consider Joe McGonagle give him a chance.

Remember

Wayne. No good
Hanlon was never a mayor
Sergio too young
Dennis Dennis who
Rosa she gave the mayor a $35K raise for the position

Please look at these people you all complain about this and that and i do find fault with all of the above.

Please write in Joe McGonagle give him a chance and give all the people of Everett a chance to change lets put the right person in office this time. He only lost by 50 votes or less to Wayne. Get out and vote you the people of Everett are the only ones who can make this change
EAST BOSTON RESIDENT

Boston, MA

#9 Mar 22, 2013
Everett Resident wrote:
Usually home invasions are not random ... Anyone have any more credible information ?? There must be a background history that hasn't been revealed yet....
Home invasions are completely random sometimes,,my sister inlaw lives in wilmington w her 2 kids and her husband who works for the city and there is no history w drugs...and they had a home invasion..people get desperate..bottom line
All in with Joe McGonagle

Winthrop, MA

#10 Mar 22, 2013
Forgot to add i am totally against the Casino for the reasons more crime more traffic and accidents. It will not create as many jobs as you all think. In the beginning yes but not in the end.
So no Casino in Everett.
Voter

Nashua, NH

#11 Mar 22, 2013
"Dennis Dennis who"..
It's Dennis Giantassio and why don't you give him a change too! The fact that you have never heard of him is a good thing, since that means you've never heard anything BAD about him either. Learn about the candidate and what he stands for before you dismiss him or judge him.
knows all

Everett, MA

#12 Mar 22, 2013
What are a moron, You think people who go to casinos to gamble are going to start a crime wave in Everett and start killing people randomly start invading homes? 99% of home invasions are not random they are invading for either drugs, drug money or both. And to the other moron who said time to sell his property values will go down once a state of the art casino is built keep enjoying the sludge plant, gas tanks.junk yards. scrap yards LNG loading docks smoke shops adult book/ video stores and the contaminated GE land that help with are values now.
No hope in Everett wrote:
With the crime rate high now, wait until the casino opens up, it will skyrocket
MALDONIAN

Everett, MA

#13 Mar 22, 2013
Oh it's not Malden because it usually is.
Non-stat

Wilmington, MA

#14 Mar 22, 2013
All in with Joe McGonagle wrote:
I also feel the Mayor and city council are to blame for all the latest crime. Fatso the mayor has this city moving to fast in adding this and adding that program hiriring people for new created jobs/positions.
Do you all remember when this was a quiet family city. I'm talking when Mcarthy was mayor things were great the good old times. Not no more when Hanlon and Raggucci were mayors. Thats when things started to happen. Now Fatso our ? Whatever has cost many original Everett people and taxpayers to leave town and who buys the houses or rent the appartments i dont have to tell you.
Fatso and our council men/women are a disgrace with all the coruption in this city including the school department with FFF. They all suck except a chosen few.
Please remember this has to stop and only you can stop this by not voting for Wayne for state rep that's coming soon.
Please consider Joe McGonagle give him a chance.
Remember
Wayne. No good
Hanlon was never a mayor
Sergio too young
Dennis Dennis who
Rosa she gave the mayor a $35K raise for the position
Please look at these people you all complain about this and that and i do find fault with all of the above.
Please write in Joe McGonagle give him a chance and give all the people of Everett a chance to change lets put the right person in office this time. He only lost by 50 votes or less to Wayne. Get out and vote you the people of Everett are the only ones who can make this change
Joe didn't lose he just did not win by enough to offset he Stat- Matewsky absentee (fake vote) factor.
Voter

Everett, MA

#15 Mar 22, 2013
I totally agree, write in Joe McGonagle.
Rug Doctor

Amarillo, TX

#16 Mar 22, 2013
A little while back a drug dealer from Shute St got into trouble with the Secret Service, FBI, and DEA because his client paid him in counterfeit cash. It will be interesting to see if this was payback.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#17 Mar 23, 2013
The casino will also have a hotel which will bring the street girls who work the street around King Arthurs here to Everett and their pimps. Then where will be drugs around the area too, as if there is not enough now in Everett. There will be low lifes arriving to the casino from all parts to gamble and when they loose all their money what are they going to do ??? since they are in a city that does not now them ???. Then there is the traffic that will clog lower Broadway, they city will then put more signal lights because of safty concerns. And if the Alfred Street bridge ever becomes operable, the other side will be closed for repairs and we know how long that could take ??? years. We know have politicians who are getting bagged for fraud or their behavior after so many untouchable years of service, can you immagine what they will be like when the Casino comes to Everett ???

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#18 Mar 26, 2013
How do Casinos attract more crime?

Do the stats bare that out at other places Casinos have opened?

And or what kind of crimes, in particular, are associated with Casinos...(street crime)

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#19 Mar 27, 2013
It all depends where the casino will open up. Would you open a casino in Roxberry or Dorchester ? if so do you think the crime rate will go up ?? Once a week there is a major crime in Everett so if the casino will open up what do you think will happen? crime will go down or up ?
everett

Stoneham, MA

#20 Mar 27, 2013
Time and Space wrote:
How do Casinos attract more crime?
Do the stats bare that out at other places Casinos have opened?
And or what kind of crimes, in particular, are associated with Casinos...(street crime)
Prostitution, drug deals, robberies - should I go on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Revere casino 4 hr Totally disgusted 7
I don't think we'll get the casino... but.... 5 hr Harvey 17
casino closing 6 hr Harvey 5
Song game, anyone? (Mar '10) 8 hr Analog man 1,417
Everett Crimson Tide Football 10 hr All American 17
Walking Glendale Park 12 hr bob 5
Wife of Everett mayor decries allegations Mon The Unsilent Majo... 22
•••

Everett News Video

•••
•••

Everett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Everett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Everett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Everett
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••