Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#12224 Jun 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberalism is just like that Fabreeze commercial where they bring blindfolded people into a dump of a room that has been sprayed with Fabreeze. They ask them what they smell and they all say that the room smells like a fresh spring day or something like that. They take off the blindfold and the people are shocked that something so unlivable could smell so good. To the rest of the world liberals are rolling around on that filthy couch that needs to be taken to the dump and saying "It smells like fresh roses on a bright clear spring day". Take off the blindfold Barney!!!
Preach on brother, preach on..........

Your are still in the minority.

Location hidden

#12225 Jun 23, 2012
mama bear wrote:
Fact is, whose mess Obama walked into, as any new president does, is beside the point, he was and is unqualified to run this country. And his record to date shows it all to clearly. It is time to trade up !
AND More from Fox News and mama bear, right after this message from our sponsor..........
Reality Check

Warren, AR

#12226 Jun 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Preach on brother, preach on..........
Your are still in the minority.
Only in Liberalville of which I want no part of.
Reality Check

Warren, AR

#12227 Jun 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
AND More from Fox News and mama bear, right after this message from our sponsor..........
Hey Barney, don't worry, Mitt Romney is walking into a situation that is far worse than the one Obama walked into. I bet he doesn't blame Obama except the time from Nov 7 until the time when he gets sworn in. From that point forward it will be 100% on Romney's shoulders. The formula is simple: Reduce spending, reform entitlements to something smaller and sustainable, cut taxes to a rate where businesses who are sitting on cash or have relocated overseas will begin to hire and invest again or bring operations back home, and bring in a flat income tax rate for all citizens with no deductions or loopholes that is around 10%-20%. Do that and we will see this ship begin to turn around.
Redd

North Little Rock, AR

#12228 Jun 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberalism is just like that Fabreeze commercial where they bring blindfolded people into a dump of a room that has been sprayed with Fabreeze. They ask them what they smell and they all say that the room smells like a fresh spring day or something like that. They take off the blindfold and the people are shocked that something so unlivable could smell so good. To the rest of the world liberals are rolling around on that filthy couch that needs to be taken to the dump and saying "It smells like fresh roses on a bright clear spring day". Take off the blindfold Barney!!!
My God man, get a grip.

Location hidden

#12229 Jun 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Barney, don't worry, Mitt Romney is walking into a situation that is far worse than the one Obama walked into. I bet he doesn't blame Obama except the time from Nov 7 until the time when he gets sworn in. From that point forward it will be 100% on Romney's shoulders. The formula is simple: Reduce spending, reform entitlements to something smaller and sustainable, cut taxes to a rate where businesses who are sitting on cash or have relocated overseas will begin to hire and invest again or bring operations back home, and bring in a flat income tax rate for all citizens with no deductions or loopholes that is around 10%-20%. Do that and we will see this ship begin to turn around.
Mittens sprinkeled fairy dust over his kingdom and
every one in the USA lived happily ever after.

Location hidden

#12230 Jun 23, 2012
I am shocked, you of all people accusing Mitt of flip-flopping on jobs. "bring operations back home"
What are you thinking?

But as the Washington Post reported, Bain Capital, the private equity firm that Romney headed, played its own part in sending jobs to low-wage countries, including China. In fact, Bain “invested in a series of firms that specialized in relocating jobs done by American workers to new facilities in low-wage countries like China and India.”

In one example, Bain was the largest shareholder in a company called Modus Media, which “specialized in helping companies outsource their manufacturing“:

Modus Media told the SEC it was performing outsource packaging and hardware assembly for IBM, Sun Microsystems, Hewlett-Packard Co. and Dell Computer Corp. The filing disclosed that Modus had operations on four continents, including Asian facilities in Singapore, Taiwan, China and South Korea, and European facilities in Ireland and France, and a center in Australia.[...]

According to a news release issued by Modus Media in 1997, its expansion of outsourcing services took place in close consultation with Bain. Terry Leahy, Modus’s chairman and chief executive, was quoted in the release as saying he would be “working closely with Bain on strategic expansion.”.

Other companies that Bain invested in sent jobs all over the world, including to Ireland and Mexico, while Romney has tried to claim that Bain was all about creating jobs and turning around American companies that otherwise would have gone under.

As one of Romney’s former partners put it,”I never thought of what I do for a living as job creation…The primary goal of private equity is to create wealth for your investors.” And that’s what Bain did, even if it meant helping companies move operations to the same country Romney now blasts for stealing American jobs.
Redd

North Little Rock, AR

#12231 Jun 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The formula is simple: Reduce spending, reform entitlements to something smaller and sustainable, cut taxes to a rate where businesses who are sitting on cash or have relocated overseas will begin to hire and invest again or bring operations back home, and bring in a flat income tax rate for all citizens with no deductions or loopholes that is around 10%-20%. Do that and we will see this ship begin to turn around.
Pie in the frickin' sky.

Exactly the same tired old Republican bullshit but now with some newly added Republican bullshit that got us here and will keep us here.

Surely you can do us another light hearted and comical parody, I really like the lizard that sells car insurance.

Location hidden

#12232 Jun 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
No the key word is YEARS. I am familiar with firms such as Bain. The services they provide last only a few months to a couple of years. Most of the examples you cited had a time frame of close to a decade of company operation after Bain left. Plenty of time for a multitude of things to happen that may cause a bankruptcy outside of Bain's influence. I know that doesn't fit your argument but the reality is that there is too much time that has gone by for these companies to blame their bankruptcies on Bain.
ROF-LMAO
" I know that doesn't fit your argument----- but"
The day after the Washington Post story, the New York Times detailed instances when Romney and other Bain executives earned large sums at a time when some companies they were involved with failed.
A key paragraph:
“The private equity firm, co-founded and run by Mitt Romney, held a majority stake in more than 40 United States-based companies from its inception in 1984 to early 1999, when Mr. Romney left Bain to lead the Salt Lake City Olympics. Of those companies, at least seven eventually filed for bankruptcy while Bain remained involved, or shortly afterward, according to a review by The New York Times. In some instances, hundreds of employees lost their jobs. In most of those cases, however, records and interviews suggest that Bain and its executives still found a way to make money.”
The New York Times published this response from Bain Capital:
“We understand that in a political campaign some may distort or our investment activity by cherry picking a few negative situations while ignoring our overall track record. But, the truth is that less than 5 percent of our companies filed for bankruptcy while under our control". UNQUOTE

" I am familiar with firms such as Bain"

AND THE TASTE OF CROW, I MIGHT ADD.
Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

#12233 Jun 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Mittens sprinkeled fairy dust over his kingdom and
every one in the USA lived happily ever after.
Given what your guy has done and how loyal you are to him I know it's hard for you to conceive.
Not Fooling Anyone

Little Rock, AR

#12234 Jun 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
ROF-LMAO
" I know that doesn't fit your argument----- but"
The day after the Washington Post story, the New York Times detailed instances when Romney and other Bain executives earned large sums at a time when some companies they were involved with failed.
A key paragraph:
“The private equity firm, co-founded and run by Mitt Romney, held a majority stake in more than 40 United States-based companies from its inception in 1984 to early 1999, when Mr. Romney left Bain to lead the Salt Lake City Olympics. Of those companies, at least seven eventually filed for bankruptcy while Bain remained involved, or shortly afterward, according to a review by The New York Times. In some instances, hundreds of employees lost their jobs. In most of those cases, however, records and interviews suggest that Bain and its executives still found a way to make money.”
The New York Times published this response from Bain Capital:
“We understand that in a political campaign some may distort or our investment activity by cherry picking a few negative situations while ignoring our overall track record. But, the truth is that less than 5 percent of our companies filed for bankruptcy while under our control". UNQUOTE
" I am familiar with firms such as Bain"
AND THE TASTE OF CROW, I MIGHT ADD.
One half of all businesses fail within five years and only 5% of Bain's did, sounds like they did 10X better than the norm.

Location hidden

#12235 Jun 23, 2012
Not Fooling Anyone wrote:
<quoted text>
One half of all businesses fail within five years and only 5% of Bain's did, sounds like they did 10X better than the norm.
OKAY, name the companies in that 5%, that in been in business 5 years or less.
Contemplating

Little Rock, AR

#12236 Jun 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Given what your guy has done and how loyal you are to him I know it's hard for you to conceive.
With his personality it would be hard for him to concieve.

Location hidden

#12237 Jun 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit, Fairy Dust, and living happily ever after is hard for me to conceive.

From this post I guess you think its not.

Location hidden

#12238 Jun 23, 2012
Contemplating wrote:
<quoted text>
With his personality it would be hard for him to concieve.
I think it would be damn hard for any man to, "conceive" if you ask me, or are you relying on fuzzy biology and misspelled words?
Not Fooling Anyone

Little Rock, AR

#12239 Jun 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
OKAY, name the companies in that 5%, that in been in business 5 years or less.
As you are famous for saying "You look it up, it's not my job", but in reality you are the one that is complaining about five per cent of the companies filing bankruptcy, that is a very low per cent age and if you were being honest you would have stated that the vast majority of those bankruptcies were reorganizations.
Contemplating

Little Rock, AR

#12240 Jun 23, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would be damn hard for any man to, "conceive" if you ask me, or are you relying on fuzzy biology and misspelled words?
manly men are a very important part in the conceiving process, and you are the last person on earth that should ever make an issue of a misspelling.

Location hidden

#12241 Jun 23, 2012
Not Fooling Anyone wrote:
<quoted text>
As you are famous for saying "You look it up, it's not my job", but in reality you are the one that is complaining about five per cent of the companies filing bankruptcy, that is a very low per cent age and if you were being honest you would have stated that the vast majority of those bankruptcies were reorganizations.
"complaining"------- Nope

You cannot even name the companies, how do you they were "reorganizations".

Please, if you are going to attempt to argue, at the very least act like you know what you are talking about, oh im sorry, you are arent you?

Location hidden

#12242 Jun 23, 2012
Contemplating wrote:
<quoted text>manly men are a very important part in the conceiving process, and you are the last person on earth that should ever make an issue of a misspelling.
So, only "manly men" have sperm?

Location hidden

#12243 Jun 23, 2012
. What does he really believe?
When Mr. Romney boasted in February that he had been a “severely conservative Republican governor” of “deep blue” Massachusetts, attendees at the Conservative Political Action Conference scratched their heads. There was Romney, trying again to convince the GOP’s conservative base that he was one of them, when his relatively moderate record as a Massachusetts politician says otherwise.
He used to support abortion rights, gay rights, and gun control, but now he opposes them. He used to support comprehensive immigration reform, including a path to citizenship for those in the US illegally, but now he doesn’t. He once said his reform of health care in Massachusetts could serve as a model for the nation, but now he’s eager to undo President Obama’s Affordable Care Act,
Romney shifted to the right to run for president in 2008, and he has stayed there since. But he still calibrates himself at times. At a Republican debate in January, he softened his opposition to the DREAM Act – legislation that provides a path to citizenship for some young undocumented immigrants. When Newt Gingrich said he would allow legal status for those who join the military, Romney said he would, too.
In a recent focus group of mostly conservative voters in Tampa, Fla., the most common concern raised about Romney is that he’s been inconsistent on the issues.“Make a stand whether people like it or not,” said one participant, a middle-aged paralegal named Julie, according to NBC News
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2012/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Etowah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cortni stanfill 5 min jtompson 1
lori reams faulkner 1 hr All them 12
Sam (Jan '14) 3 hr info 12
Meredith Ruiz Wed Ellen 1
vessfamilyyyy Tue that boy 3
who is little matt fine (Dec '10) Dec 22 proud for her 5
total emedical Dec 22 Manila Resident 2
Etowah Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web