created by: Rick | Jun 8, 2010

Arkansas

5,828 votes

Did you vote today?

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
11,641 - 11,660 of 29,084 Comments Last updated 47 min ago
Reality Check

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12223
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see".
I can sure agree to that, back in 2000 Gore was ahead in the polls and the SCOTUS, showed me the polls were wrong.
Liberalism is just like that Fabreeze commercial where they bring blindfolded people into a dump of a room that has been sprayed with Fabreeze. They ask them what they smell and they all say that the room smells like a fresh spring day or something like that. They take off the blindfold and the people are shocked that something so unlivable could smell so good. To the rest of the world liberals are rolling around on that filthy couch that needs to be taken to the dump and saying "It smells like fresh roses on a bright clear spring day". Take off the blindfold Barney!!!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12224
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberalism is just like that Fabreeze commercial where they bring blindfolded people into a dump of a room that has been sprayed with Fabreeze. They ask them what they smell and they all say that the room smells like a fresh spring day or something like that. They take off the blindfold and the people are shocked that something so unlivable could smell so good. To the rest of the world liberals are rolling around on that filthy couch that needs to be taken to the dump and saying "It smells like fresh roses on a bright clear spring day". Take off the blindfold Barney!!!
Preach on brother, preach on..........

Your are still in the minority.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12225
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

mama bear wrote:
Fact is, whose mess Obama walked into, as any new president does, is beside the point, he was and is unqualified to run this country. And his record to date shows it all to clearly. It is time to trade up !
AND More from Fox News and mama bear, right after this message from our sponsor..........
Reality Check

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12226
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Preach on brother, preach on..........
Your are still in the minority.
Only in Liberalville of which I want no part of.
Reality Check

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12227
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
AND More from Fox News and mama bear, right after this message from our sponsor..........
Hey Barney, don't worry, Mitt Romney is walking into a situation that is far worse than the one Obama walked into. I bet he doesn't blame Obama except the time from Nov 7 until the time when he gets sworn in. From that point forward it will be 100% on Romney's shoulders. The formula is simple: Reduce spending, reform entitlements to something smaller and sustainable, cut taxes to a rate where businesses who are sitting on cash or have relocated overseas will begin to hire and invest again or bring operations back home, and bring in a flat income tax rate for all citizens with no deductions or loopholes that is around 10%-20%. Do that and we will see this ship begin to turn around.
Redd

Maumelle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12228
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberalism is just like that Fabreeze commercial where they bring blindfolded people into a dump of a room that has been sprayed with Fabreeze. They ask them what they smell and they all say that the room smells like a fresh spring day or something like that. They take off the blindfold and the people are shocked that something so unlivable could smell so good. To the rest of the world liberals are rolling around on that filthy couch that needs to be taken to the dump and saying "It smells like fresh roses on a bright clear spring day". Take off the blindfold Barney!!!
My God man, get a grip.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12229
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Barney, don't worry, Mitt Romney is walking into a situation that is far worse than the one Obama walked into. I bet he doesn't blame Obama except the time from Nov 7 until the time when he gets sworn in. From that point forward it will be 100% on Romney's shoulders. The formula is simple: Reduce spending, reform entitlements to something smaller and sustainable, cut taxes to a rate where businesses who are sitting on cash or have relocated overseas will begin to hire and invest again or bring operations back home, and bring in a flat income tax rate for all citizens with no deductions or loopholes that is around 10%-20%. Do that and we will see this ship begin to turn around.
Mittens sprinkeled fairy dust over his kingdom and
every one in the USA lived happily ever after.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12230
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I am shocked, you of all people accusing Mitt of flip-flopping on jobs. "bring operations back home"
What are you thinking?

But as the Washington Post reported, Bain Capital, the private equity firm that Romney headed, played its own part in sending jobs to low-wage countries, including China. In fact, Bain “invested in a series of firms that specialized in relocating jobs done by American workers to new facilities in low-wage countries like China and India.”

In one example, Bain was the largest shareholder in a company called Modus Media, which “specialized in helping companies outsource their manufacturing“:


Modus Media told the SEC it was performing outsource packaging and hardware assembly for IBM, Sun Microsystems, Hewlett-Packard Co. and Dell Computer Corp. The filing disclosed that Modus had operations on four continents, including Asian facilities in Singapore, Taiwan, China and South Korea, and European facilities in Ireland and France, and a center in Australia.[...]

According to a news release issued by Modus Media in 1997, its expansion of outsourcing services took place in close consultation with Bain. Terry Leahy, Modus’s chairman and chief executive, was quoted in the release as saying he would be “working closely with Bain on strategic expansion.”.

Other companies that Bain invested in sent jobs all over the world, including to Ireland and Mexico, while Romney has tried to claim that Bain was all about creating jobs and turning around American companies that otherwise would have gone under.

As one of Romney’s former partners put it,”I never thought of what I do for a living as job creation…The primary goal of private equity is to create wealth for your investors.” And that’s what Bain did, even if it meant helping companies move operations to the same country Romney now blasts for stealing American jobs.
Redd

Maumelle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12231
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The formula is simple: Reduce spending, reform entitlements to something smaller and sustainable, cut taxes to a rate where businesses who are sitting on cash or have relocated overseas will begin to hire and invest again or bring operations back home, and bring in a flat income tax rate for all citizens with no deductions or loopholes that is around 10%-20%. Do that and we will see this ship begin to turn around.
Pie in the frickin' sky.

Exactly the same tired old Republican bullshit but now with some newly added Republican bullshit that got us here and will keep us here.

Surely you can do us another light hearted and comical parody, I really like the lizard that sells car insurance.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12232
Jun 23, 2012
 
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
No the key word is YEARS. I am familiar with firms such as Bain. The services they provide last only a few months to a couple of years. Most of the examples you cited had a time frame of close to a decade of company operation after Bain left. Plenty of time for a multitude of things to happen that may cause a bankruptcy outside of Bain's influence. I know that doesn't fit your argument but the reality is that there is too much time that has gone by for these companies to blame their bankruptcies on Bain.
ROF-LMAO
" I know that doesn't fit your argument----- but"
The day after the Washington Post story, the New York Times detailed instances when Romney and other Bain executives earned large sums at a time when some companies they were involved with failed.
A key paragraph:
“The private equity firm, co-founded and run by Mitt Romney, held a majority stake in more than 40 United States-based companies from its inception in 1984 to early 1999, when Mr. Romney left Bain to lead the Salt Lake City Olympics. Of those companies, at least seven eventually filed for bankruptcy while Bain remained involved, or shortly afterward, according to a review by The New York Times. In some instances, hundreds of employees lost their jobs. In most of those cases, however, records and interviews suggest that Bain and its executives still found a way to make money.”
The New York Times published this response from Bain Capital:
“We understand that in a political campaign some may distort or our investment activity by cherry picking a few negative situations while ignoring our overall track record. But, the truth is that less than 5 percent of our companies filed for bankruptcy while under our control". UNQUOTE

" I am familiar with firms such as Bain"

AND THE TASTE OF CROW, I MIGHT ADD.
Reality Check

Mountain Pine, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12233
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Mittens sprinkeled fairy dust over his kingdom and
every one in the USA lived happily ever after.
Given what your guy has done and how loyal you are to him I know it's hard for you to conceive.
Not Fooling Anyone

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12234
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
ROF-LMAO
" I know that doesn't fit your argument----- but"
The day after the Washington Post story, the New York Times detailed instances when Romney and other Bain executives earned large sums at a time when some companies they were involved with failed.
A key paragraph:
“The private equity firm, co-founded and run by Mitt Romney, held a majority stake in more than 40 United States-based companies from its inception in 1984 to early 1999, when Mr. Romney left Bain to lead the Salt Lake City Olympics. Of those companies, at least seven eventually filed for bankruptcy while Bain remained involved, or shortly afterward, according to a review by The New York Times. In some instances, hundreds of employees lost their jobs. In most of those cases, however, records and interviews suggest that Bain and its executives still found a way to make money.”
The New York Times published this response from Bain Capital:
“We understand that in a political campaign some may distort or our investment activity by cherry picking a few negative situations while ignoring our overall track record. But, the truth is that less than 5 percent of our companies filed for bankruptcy while under our control". UNQUOTE
" I am familiar with firms such as Bain"
AND THE TASTE OF CROW, I MIGHT ADD.
One half of all businesses fail within five years and only 5% of Bain's did, sounds like they did 10X better than the norm.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12235
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Not Fooling Anyone wrote:
<quoted text>
One half of all businesses fail within five years and only 5% of Bain's did, sounds like they did 10X better than the norm.
OKAY, name the companies in that 5%, that in been in business 5 years or less.
Contemplating

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12236
Jun 23, 2012
 
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Given what your guy has done and how loyal you are to him I know it's hard for you to conceive.
With his personality it would be hard for him to concieve.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12237
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Given what your guy has done and how loyal you are to him I know it's hard for you to conceive.
I have to admit, Fairy Dust, and living happily ever after is hard for me to conceive.

From this post I guess you think its not.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12238
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Contemplating wrote:
<quoted text>
With his personality it would be hard for him to concieve.
I think it would be damn hard for any man to, "conceive" if you ask me, or are you relying on fuzzy biology and misspelled words?
Not Fooling Anyone

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12239
Jun 23, 2012
 
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
OKAY, name the companies in that 5%, that in been in business 5 years or less.
As you are famous for saying "You look it up, it's not my job", but in reality you are the one that is complaining about five per cent of the companies filing bankruptcy, that is a very low per cent age and if you were being honest you would have stated that the vast majority of those bankruptcies were reorganizations.
Contemplating

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12240
Jun 23, 2012
 
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would be damn hard for any man to, "conceive" if you ask me, or are you relying on fuzzy biology and misspelled words?
manly men are a very important part in the conceiving process, and you are the last person on earth that should ever make an issue of a misspelling.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12241
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Not Fooling Anyone wrote:
<quoted text>
As you are famous for saying "You look it up, it's not my job", but in reality you are the one that is complaining about five per cent of the companies filing bankruptcy, that is a very low per cent age and if you were being honest you would have stated that the vast majority of those bankruptcies were reorganizations.
"complaining"------- Nope

You cannot even name the companies, how do you they were "reorganizations".


Please, if you are going to attempt to argue, at the very least act like you know what you are talking about, oh im sorry, you are arent you?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12242
Jun 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Contemplating wrote:
<quoted text>manly men are a very important part in the conceiving process, and you are the last person on earth that should ever make an issue of a misspelling.
So, only "manly men" have sperm?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Etowah Discussions

Search the Etowah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
has anyone else knoticed what a sleaze April Sh... (Nov '10) 17 min allmosthonest 11
Is it true (Mar '13) 2 hr Grave Digger62 22
Taylor 3 hr guest 8
Harold's Furniture Store 6 hr guest 2
Zach brown- red truck? 8 hr farm boy 2
james at dg 20 hr lol 6
Mayor Sun My vote goes to 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Etowah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Etowah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Etowah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Etowah
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••