First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mark

Erie, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2012
It finally came out light were flashing yellow.Red lights and arm did not come out until 12 sec after the accident.Why is that the bus driver knows when the lights and arm came out.It sad but it was accident.
Marvin

Hicksville, OH

#2 Feb 16, 2012
will the bus driver be liable ??? sounds like her error. Everybody loses
mark

Erie, PA

#3 Feb 16, 2012
It was terrible accident im sure nobody surrounding this case will ever be the same.When a accident takes a life and the one who was driveing was 19 and i'm sure he hurts every day.Maybe this should let them take a look at driving age.19 you dont have those reflects that okder people do.Find peace stop aruging and think of what ashely would want.
smooth

Erie, PA

#4 Feb 16, 2012
people were ready to crucify the kid. the facts are out and he did nothing wrong. the kids boarding the bus got overanxious and went to the bus before all safety signals were on? these kids and bus driver were at fault and I believe mr. festa has a case. this young man should be freed and all charges dropped!
Hater

Erie, PA

#5 Feb 16, 2012
Nah, he's still a reckless and worthless piece of garbage who needs to spend some time in prison.
leslie armstrong

Bronx, NY

#6 Feb 16, 2012
I watched the video after the hearing. The yellow lights were flashing, the bus was at a complete stop he went past the bus just as the red lights came on. I dont feel mr festa should be crucified, all though, there was a young life lost. You are right, nobody is ever going to win in this situation. I just wish the best for all involved in this tragedy
gross

Ashtabula, OH

#7 Feb 16, 2012
the only reason this case is being bound over to trial is because McGowan wants to make sure he doesn't lose votes! Very sad that he chose popularity instead of what is right! I feel horrible for all families involved. Yellow lights mean proceed with caution and be prepared to stop for red lights not kids who are in the road before they should be. This young man has taken so much abuse from media and thousands of people who don't even know him. It would be nice for those who have bashed him to apologize, I know I'm so sorry for listening to the media before the real facts came out. As for McGowan...he lost my vote!
Pan

Erie, PA

#8 Feb 16, 2012
So the initial hyped story is false, whether started by the press or the police.
According to the release, police now acknowledge that Festa was traveling at least 10mph below the posted speed limit, the bus stop lights were not activated, and there was no alcohol/phone/text involved.
Poor girl stepped into traffic before being signaled to. And now the poor kid has to live with it.
No Name

Meadville, PA

#9 Feb 16, 2012
Most responsible drivers are hitting the brakes when they see the yellow lights flashing.
Qwerty

Erie, PA

#10 Feb 16, 2012
No Name wrote:
Most responsible drivers are hitting the brakes when they see the yellow lights flashing.
But the question is, what is the law?
Watcher

Erie, PA

#11 Feb 16, 2012
this is a terrible tragedy all around. parents complained to the school district for years and nothing got done.

now this happens and the school district decides that the parents were right and tells the bus to stop on the same side of the road as the studenst so they dont have to cross the road.

typical Erie county bullcrap, reactive instead of proactive, every facet of erie county is the same way. those in charge will tell you they know more than the citizens do.
gross

Ashtabula, OH

#12 Feb 16, 2012
Watcher wrote:
this is a terrible tragedy all around. parents complained to the school district for years and nothing got done.
now this happens and the school district decides that the parents were right and tells the bus to stop on the same side of the road as the studenst so they dont have to cross the road.
typical Erie county bullcrap, reactive instead of proactive, every facet of erie county is the same way. those in charge will tell you they know more than the citizens do.
Yes but on this note what makes no sense is...parents complained for years regarding the route yet not one of them out of 12 children were out with them on this day. Why? A dangerous stop that you're trying to change but no one is out with them to be sure they cross safely?
Stephen Weiss

Erie, PA

#13 Feb 16, 2012
Darwin. She lost.
prep parent

Erie, PA

#14 Feb 16, 2012
gross wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but on this note what makes no sense is...parents complained for years regarding the route yet not one of them out of 12 children were out with them on this day. Why? A dangerous stop that you're trying to change but no one is out with them to be sure they cross safely?
They didn't love their kids enough to send them to a private school. If they really loved their kids they would have been personally driving them to the private school of their choice, hopefully one that has a religious affiliation. I blame the parents. They must be lazy welfare users who don't care about getting their kids a real education.
Sandra

Mansfield, OH

#15 Mar 2, 2012
prep parent wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't love their kids enough to send them to a private school. If they really loved their kids they would have been personally driving them to the private school of their choice, hopefully one that has a religious affiliation. I blame the parents. They must be lazy welfare users who don't care about getting their kids a real education.
I will have you know I am a parent that lives in the park of the accident and I am not on welfare and I go to church every week. Fort LeBoeuf is a very good school district. This was a very traggic accident that did not need to happen. If you send your child to a religous school shame on you for passing judgement because God is the only one that can do that.
bailey

Springfield, MA

#16 Mar 2, 2012
I don't care if the lights were red or yellow....he should have stopped!!!
Suzie

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Mar 3, 2012
You do understand that "prep parent" is being sarcastic. As the parent of a child in a private school I would never judge you for sending your kids to a public school.
Teresa

Willard, OH

#18 Mar 4, 2012
bailey wrote:
I don't care if the lights were red or yellow....he should have stopped!!!
. Kids shouldn't have been in the road yet!
monica

Worcester, MA

#19 Mar 4, 2012
Teresa wrote:
<quoted text>. Kids shouldn't have been in the road yet!
hopefully you will never lose a child Teresa......I think you may see this incident a bit differently..
Teresa

Ashtabula, OH

#20 Mar 4, 2012
monica wrote:
<quoted text> hopefully you will never lose a child Teresa......I think you may see this incident a bit differently..
. This accident was very tragic, but facts are facts. If this were my child I would be just as upset w my child. I might initially place the blame on the whole world. Once you sit back and look at all sides of the accident, you can say nothing more than a horrible accident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Molly Dugan 12 min Scooter Van Nooter 2
kunco shut up! 21 min Downtown Debbie 7
Poverty Rates Rise In Erie 1 hr no worries 12
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr Don Rumsfeld 3,995
Figaski to Jail Joy Center Seniors 1 hr Millcreek Dog 37
Mercyhurst last game 1 hr eastside eddy 7
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr Educator 51,481
Who are they 2 hr Goat Cheese 17
What is in Traci Tudehope's coffee cup? 3 hr The Real Goat Cheese 8
The Red Fox Inn on E. 38 th BLOWS! 6 hr Tacks Know More 73
•••
•••
•••

Erie Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Erie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE