Mike b

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

It seems the rumor mill is up and running. Talks of seros, layoffs and future Texas production. The word is the company has said there's 1200 to many people and maybe talking seros again to limit impact of any future layoff. Also the Texas plant is intended for full production, not overflow asany were lead to believe.
thissitesucks

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Erie is circling the drain
tony

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Who's to go first?Where this rumor come from?
kaboom

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

The best part of the GE rumor mill is its usually the complete opposite of fact; maybe that means there's really a large order looming in near future......
Clint Slope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

The rumor mill has been idle for quite some time, I was afraid that it might not start up so easily after being out of service for so long. I ran into a couple of union guys during shut down and they asked me about the rumor then and how they heard there are no new orders, work was slow, etc. I told them not to believe everything you hear. A few days later, GE reports great second quarter earnings and oodles of orders in that time.
Look, I believe Fort Worth will have some impact here. How much remains to be seen. The capacity of that plant as stated is alot less than what we can put out here. In my opinion, should GE decide to build another plant in the US, that is when you should be worried. Until then, all we have to do is keep building great product
Mike b

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

FYI current orders for 2013 are 299 confirmed.. GE is hoping for 600 total. Not oodles of orders! Off highway is starting production in ft worth. Loco manufacturing is a few months behind, due to the construction of the heavy lift crane bay and production line. All aspect of producing locomotives will be done in texas , except the same outsource parts that we get in Erie. No schedule has been released for Texas production. But if you just figuire 1 a week for 2013, that's 50.. If GE gets all 600 they hope for, that's 550 for Erie. That's less than 12 a week! The plant is staffed for 18+ week. Just do the math..!
kaboom

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

I heard two tier by summer this yr, heard noone was coming back after big layoffs, strikes, etc-heard countless rumors in 7years
I tend to believe opposite of rumor mill anymore....
And yes, if new battery plant n engine plants were being built down in Texas, I'd be lot more concerned
Clint Slope

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Mike, they have never confirmed any official number for the following year at this time of the year. Time will tell as I have not heard anything to confirm the latest gossip but if I had a dollar for every employee that was ever rumored to be getting laid off I would be a rich man. I will say this, if people were truly concerned, then I suggest that they look for a new job and quit now before 1199 other people are competing for that job
Fck You GE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Move to texas aholes! The closer to mexico the better! Just ask steris, you arrogant fcks! GO FOR IT! HAW HAW HAW
wondering

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Clint..what is your position with ge
kaboom

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

I'd say its safe to say Clint is non union, either salary or management, admitting further than that would be bad on his part, as upper management around plant reads these post as often as anyone else.....but he always seems to make valid well versed points
Fck You GE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Help! I've been kidnapped by a mexican cartel! AHHHHEEEE! THEY ARE SAWING MY HEAD OFF! WHY DIDN'T I STAY IN ERIE!
rumors only

Chardon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

quit spreading rumors you know nothing about.
Good Source

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

I heard that Lorenzo may be shown the door very shortly.
If the Erie plant does close that is what you get for electing Cadillac Mike Kelley as your congressman, where has he been for the union and management? AWOL! Where is al the Federal help he promised when he was out at the gates two years ago? I'm in Bldg. 6 and I remember him coming in and promising to help us out, boy what a song and dance he sold us, I knew we should have stuck with Kathy D., at least she didn't feed us a line.
happy sam

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

I am a landlord and had a lot of ge people looking to rent but no one will commit for longer than 6-7 months because they think they could be shippped to texas. This is not good.
kaboom

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Sam, that would be because a) low service people buy into the rumors n foresee sky falling, b) management generally use job as stepping stone for other companies, c) high service own their own home.....
Don't read into this more than what it is, a rumor :)
Clint Slope

Republic, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

My position is.... I collect a paycheck just like the next guy. Kaboom, thank you for your words. I always have and always will pass on what I know.
rumors

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

happy sam wrote:
I am a landlord and had a lot of ge people looking to rent but no one will commit for longer than 6-7 months because they think they could be shippped to texas. This is not good.
Again, idle rumors.
wondering

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

any word on 4th qtr orders being moved to 2013 1st qtr..and if so why
Tim Leary

Titusville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Good Source wrote:
I heard that Lorenzo may be shown the door very shortly.
If the Erie plant does close that is what you get for electing Cadillac Mike Kelley as your congressman, where has he been for the union and management? AWOL! Where is al the Federal help he promised when he was out at the gates two years ago? I'm in Bldg. 6 and I remember him coming in and promising to help us out, boy what a song and dance he sold us, I knew we should have stuck with Kathy D., at least she didn't feed us a line.
What a joke. You are an absolute moron. Stick with Dahlcrapper?? Don't forget your GE CEO is butt buddies with Obumbo. You lay with the pigs and you will pay the price.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of70
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Erie Forum right now

Search the Erie Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Voted the worse grocery store-Giant Eagle 3 min c3pO DTF 31
Blacks out of hand in Erie 5 min Truth 131
Bello's Market In the Colony Plaza 16 min weightlifter 4
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 20 min parsecsam 51,258
new gas station at 18th & parade 47 min cheetos 6
Kansas City Shooter Arrested 1 hr Eldridge Van Snootigen 2
Millcreek Taxes 2 hr Millcreek Dog 682
•••
•••
•••
Erie Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Erie Jobs

•••