First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ivan Fox

Bridgeport, WV

#1 Sep 21, 2009
when are you going to upgrade our cable? i pay $118 a month and all the locale channels we get are four fox channels with the same thing on them and channel 6. it goes downhill instead of getting updated. everytime there is a program on that you really want to see it either starts jumping or goes off and says channel will be availble shortly. please respond fox2006@citynet.net
lotusblsm

Beaver, WV

#2 Sep 27, 2009
I have a camp in pence springs , wv. I would like to have a channel line-up for this area, can you please help??
L Frame

Belhaven, NC

#4 Oct 30, 2009
We have Vital Communications Group and we love there programming and service. If your system is one from Windjammer, Vital cannot fix it overnight, in a week or even in a month. They will first determine if it cost effective. How many people live in your town and can it pay them back within a certain timeframe to upgrade. Digital broadcast channels suck but this is not the cable company's fault. Analog was better, too bad FCC auctioned off the analog for 48 billion now look what the cable company ends up with - no signal from the broadcaster. This is who you should complain to not the cable tv people.
Not a friend of Vital

Goshen, OH

#5 Nov 18, 2009
Vital Communications is the must f****d up company that I have ever had to deal with. Their customer service people are stupid and incompetent. I have had over 6 channels out for over 2 months and have never been contacted after numerous reports to the 877-626-4499 number. They refuse to issue a credit for the outages. It is now a matter of principle and I have contacted an attorney to try and bring legal action against this worthless organization.
Aggravated

New Philadelphia, OH

#6 Dec 2, 2009
Can anyone give me any real information about who Vital Communications Group is and what you think of their cable service in West Virginia? I am a new customer in the Elkview, West Virginia area and so far they have provided TERRIBLE service. We lose different channels for weeks at a time or lose sound on a channel for days at a time. They CLAIM to have techs in the area working on the problem but I have yet to see any improvement. Should I just cut my losses and do away with them or report them to the Public Service Commission?
Aggravated

New Philadelphia, OH

#7 Dec 2, 2009
Not a friend of Vital wrote:
Vital Communications is the must f****d up company that I have ever had to deal with. Their customer service people are stupid and incompetent. I have had over 6 channels out for over 2 months and have never been contacted after numerous reports to the 877-626-4499 number. They refuse to issue a credit for the outages. It is now a matter of principle and I have contacted an attorney to try and bring legal action against this worthless organization.
Where are you located? It appears that I'm experiencing about the same problems that you are. We were without ESPN and ESPN2 for almost 2 weeks. When they finally restored ESPN2, we then lost 2 of our local channels (a week ago today). There are also several channels that are so "snowy" or have so much static noise you can't watch them. Two days ago I was told there were techs in the area working on it but I'm still waiting on the fix. If this is their normal way of doing things, how is it they're allowed to stay in business???
Jay T

United States

#8 Jan 3, 2010
I don't know which is worst.. This cable company or the fact that I am still paying for it. It's really sad to hear that there has been an upgrade, when in all reality, all services have went down hill. EVERYDAY we see No signal, poor signal, no channels at all, some channels with signal but no sound. But still the company insists on us paying the bill. I think half the bill would be sufficient. I suppose as long as I'm dumb enough to keep tolerating this ignorance, then I must be the ignorant one.
Pissed in Peterstown WV

Peterstown, WV

#9 Jan 13, 2010
This has to be the worst cable company on the planet. I have basic cable, which only consists of 28 channels of which only three of them have a clear enough picture to watch. I agree with the rest of you unsatisfied customers. I believe i am going to cancel and go back to the dish.
Frustrated

United States

#10 Jan 17, 2010
Our cable went from Time-Warner to Windjammer to Vital. It also went down the pipes. I have spoken to them on several occasions and am always told that they are upgrading - I have heard this for six months now. I have three channels that are the same station now. My Channel 8 became my Channel 12 and Channel 12 became Channel 8 but only through station identification. It says it's WTAP but it doesn't show their news or programs. My Channel 11 often says "No signal" for days at a time. When I questioned why I some of the channels I had before they took over - they tell me that the stations signals aren't strong enough to be picked up...but Windjammer was able to pick them up. I suggest that everyone file a complaint with the FCC. I have done this twice in the past and received immediate attention. Go to FCC.gov .
Curious

Ashburn, VA

#11 Jan 17, 2010
L Frame wrote:
We have Vital Communications Group and we love there programming and service. If your system is one from Windjammer, Vital cannot fix it overnight, in a week or even in a month. They will first determine if it cost effective. How many people live in your town and can it pay them back within a certain timeframe to upgrade. Digital broadcast channels suck but this is not the cable company's fault. Analog was better, too bad FCC auctioned off the analog for 48 billion now look what the cable company ends up with - no signal from the broadcaster. This is who you should complain to not the cable tv people.
Are you an employee of Vital Communications? It sure sounds like some of the crap they babble off to you when you call them to complain. Odd that you're the only one with anything positive to say about them and you're from the same town they are.
Me Again

Ashburn, VA

#12 Jan 30, 2010
Well here's the latest on Vital Communications in our area, Elkview West Virginia....out of the blue we received a letter stating that as of February 28 they are DISCONTINUING cable service in our area. The low lifes are just pulling out and leaving everyone high and dry. They claim it's too expensive to continue operating here. Guess they spent all their money on the big purchase they made in Roncevert, WV. Hope those people get better service from them than any of us have....HA!!
Larry

Moundsville, WV

#13 Apr 9, 2010
We had a cable company in Ronceverte West Virginia we sold to Vtal communictions and were told we would have great tv service with great packages does any one know how good a company this is.
kevin mcmillion

Catawba, VA

#14 Apr 9, 2010
i have vital communications and it is just plain awful,part time cable channels always saying no signal we dont get abc right now they lost c-span we have duplicate channels and the list goes on and on.it is sad we have to put up with sub-standard cable.
Me Again

Frazeysburg, OH

#15 May 5, 2010
Larry wrote:
We had a cable company in Ronceverte West Virginia we sold to Vtal communictions and were told we would have great tv service with great packages does any one know how good a company this is.
Don't get your hopes up Larry. That's what they told us too and we'd only had their cable service for 4 months when they shut down in our area. And I'm sure they knew they'd be quitting when they charged me that installation fee too. I've never seen a company of any kind as pathetic as they are.
not a fan of that

Moundsville, WV

#16 May 5, 2010
Me Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get your hopes up Larry. That's what they told us too and we'd only had their cable service for 4 months when they shut down in our area. And I'm sure they knew they'd be quitting when they charged me that installation fee too. I've never seen a company of any kind as pathetic as they are.
I think it is a shame they can promise all this and nothing happens I have decided I am dropping my cable and continue with direct tv I get the local channels there for $3.00 a month I was interested in getting the High speed internet and phone and cable all in one where I live dsl comes within 100 yds of my house cant win I am conxinced Tankx Larry
Vital Hater

Lewisburg, WV

#17 Aug 2, 2010
Vital Communications. HA! Nothing vital about having them for your local cable company. They suck! Their Ch. line-up sucks. Their idea of providing service sucks! Their Customer service sucks! And the owner sucks!
Try getting any kind of straight answer from that woman. I wish someone else would take over the cable in my town. I think I'll get Directv. It's cheaper that this crap too!
Don

Belhaven, NC

#18 Aug 31, 2010
Ivan Fox wrote:
when are you going to upgrade our cable? i pay $118 a month and all the locale channels we get are four fox channels with the same thing on them and channel 6. it goes downhill instead of getting updated. everytime there is a program on that you really want to see it either starts jumping or goes off and says channel will be availble shortly. please respond fox2006@citynet.net
Vital does not offer any services that cost $118 per month.
Now a DirecTV customer

West Lafayette, OH

#19 Aug 31, 2010
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Vital does not offer any services that cost $118 per month.
Appears we have another response from someone affiliated with Vital Communications, lol. Of all the complaints made here todate, the only thing disputed is an amount paid?
tanker 33

Thurmond, WV

#20 Sep 1, 2010
i have vital in fairlea west virginia and they promised give us a year and it will be better well in fact it has gotten much worse no sports channels available at this time the weahter channel has been out for months espn and espn 2 out for months and all they at vital can say is we are working on it,yeah sure what lies!!!!!! it is time that we the people stand up and flood the public service commission of west virginia with complaints about part time cable,and now they want to raise your bill un-real please folks report vital to the psc at 1-800-344-5113 ext 420.
tanker 33

Thurmond, WV

#21 Sep 1, 2010
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Vital does not offer any services that cost $118 per month.
you should not be allowed to operate in the state of west virginia as bad as the service is!!!!!!!!!! the psc or the county needs to pull the plug on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Engelhard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 hr Waco 59,727
Belhaven mayor: Vidant promises not to demolish... Sep 2 Billy 1
NC judge: Private school vouchers unconstitutional Aug 25 Bob 11
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum: 2014 Septembe... Aug '14 isabelle riggs 2
NC mayor hopes walk to Washington saves hospital Jul '14 ApePeeD 1
Tropical storm warning issued for North Carolina Jul '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 3
Hurricane Arthur moves offshore after flooding ... Jul '14 King Arthur 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Hyde County was issued at September 20 at 3:58PM EDT

•••
•••
Engelhard Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Engelhard Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Engelhard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Engelhard News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Engelhard
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••