White Pine County Sheriff Police Blotter

Dec 6, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ely Daily Times

Nov. 27 Report of a barking dog: Officer patrolled the area and the dog was not located. via Ely Daily Times

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Apr 13, 2009
Daniel Hoover Idaho

Winona, MS

#1 Feb 3, 2008
Earlier in January, I was stopped by an officer who was the most arogant, condesending person I have ever met. He was not wearing a name tag, and only after I had to call 911 for help did he tell me. He refused to tell me his supervisors name, get a field officer when I requested one and struck my vehicle several times if I did not open my window wide enough for him. He told me his name was Morgan. He obviously "padded" the speed that he claimed to clock me at because he also refused to show me the radar reading. He did nothing but give me reason to distrust the officers patrolling Ely.
Christina

Ely, NV

#2 Apr 21, 2008
That is messed up!! He HAS to tell you his supervisors name, and they should have done something for somebody hitting your vehicle over and over. I'm pissed off now. These cops are just POS's!!Officer Fincher and the new ones are the best damned cops we got though!! They need to be more help. When somebody gets abused, they don't do anything about it because they said it's a "civil" matter.They don't need to give you a reason to distrust the officers, you can trust all officers, but not with your life. Only some officers you can trust with your life. And it's Officer Fincher and the new cops they got. It'll be alright though. But it still pisses me off the cops did that to you. I'm sorry it happened :(
*HUGS YOU*
Christina

Ely, NV

#3 Apr 21, 2008
I live in ELY, by the way, not in BATTLE MOUNTAIN! why did they put that there?????? Stupid *rolls eyes*
tracy

Ely, NV

#4 Apr 21, 2008
about 6 weeks ago, my husband had battered me, and so I called the police, and the police arrived yes, but they advised me that it was a civil matter. I had recieved medical attention as well. My bruises and swelling still hasn't healed yet. Then about 2 weeks ago, he battered me again, INFRONT OF MY KIDS even!! and so I called the police again, and they had arrived and they still didn't do sh*t about it! I was thinking, what the f*ck! do something about it! And they just advised me to a "restraining order" and that "there wasn't anything they could do about it" of course there is! take the F*R to jail!!!
tracy

Ely, NV

#5 Apr 21, 2008
Sorry about that being posted twice, I pushed the mouse botton twice.
thatfigures5

Reno, NV

#6 Sep 24, 2008
Daniel Hoover Idaho wrote:
Earlier in January, I was stopped by an officer who was the most arogant, condesending person I have ever met. He was not wearing a name tag, and only after I had to call 911 for help did he tell me. He refused to tell me his supervisors name, get a field officer when I requested one and struck my vehicle several times if I did not open my window wide enough for him. He told me his name was Morgan. He obviously "padded" the speed that he claimed to clock me at because he also refused to show me the radar reading. He did nothing but give me reason to distrust the officers patrolling Ely.
That doesn't surprise me a bit when my ex took my kids after showing me he had drugs I called the police gave them the discription of the vehichle the license plate number and exactly where they were going they cam by and told me they could not find him, when in fact they knew exactly where he was and that if I did not let my kids go with him (because he had visitation rights) I would go to jail!!!!
thatfigures5

Reno, NV

#7 Sep 24, 2008
tracy wrote:
about 6 weeks ago, my husband had battered me, and so I called the police, and the police arrived yes, but they advised me that it was a civil matter. I had recieved medical attention as well. My bruises and swelling still hasn't healed yet. Then about 2 weeks ago, he battered me again, INFRONT OF MY KIDS even!! and so I called the police again, and they had arrived and they still didn't do sh*t about it! I was thinking, what the f*ck! do something about it! And they just advised me to a "restraining order" and that "there wasn't anything they could do about it" of course there is! take the F*R to jail!!!
I can completely relate girl good luck and may God be with you! because with the police in that town you don't stand a chance without God on your side I got out while the gettin was good, Thank God.
Anonymous

Ely, NV

#8 Mar 17, 2009
Tracy, that is so messed up!!! Yeah, the cops here do tell everyone it's a civil matter because they're too lazy to deal with it on their own. Battery is NOT a civil matter. I've been in law enforcement at WPHS for a year in a half, and i'm going to be everything that they're not. I was raped and they did NOTHING about it.
Anonymous

Ely, NV

#9 Mar 17, 2009
ME n my man got into a wreck on saturday and the cops made us do a curtosy report because the asshole who backed into us had a phone, but we couldn't use it bc he wouldn't let us. they said it was a civil matter. I was like WTF! he hurt our car! it's stupid.
adam

Petersburg, VA

#10 Apr 13, 2009
i was arrested for dui in ely. i spent 17 days in jail when i was only supposed to spend 10. Even the jailer wonderd why i was still there. When I asked the Judge about the extra time hoping it would reduce my fine. he looks at me and says "Thats called being in jail" I am so glad i moved

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ely Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Nevada in... (Oct '10) Aug 20 Whooooooo 788
NV Who do you support for Governor in Nevada in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr '14 MikeMike 134
Missing dad (Jan '14) Jan '14 Wondering 3
sm (Jan '14) Jan '14 sdm 1
Does the tea party stand for gulf oil spill? (Jul '10) Nov '13 High Plains Biker 2
Teacher raped (Oct '13) Oct '13 teacher 1
Inmate dies at Ely State Prison (Feb '07) Aug '13 Left 1,983
•••
•••
Ely Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ely Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••