Minivan Clipped by Train in Garfield, N.J.

Oct 9, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WINS-AM New York

A woman with a 4-year-old child in her minivan drove around downed railroad crossing gates shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday in Garfield, N.J., and her van was clipped by a train, said NJ Transit spokesperson Penny ... via WINS-AM New York

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Wolf52

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2007

Lucky lady. Not many people survive those tracks.
vtgirl

Ridgewood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

she should be charged with child endangerment.How stupid can you be.
Hittman

West New York, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2007

Heard about that, my friends seen it too.
Like I Care

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2007

How stupid can somebody be?
Wolf52

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2007

It happened in Garfield.... need we know any more?
THE DUKE HOBOKEN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Women was from Clifton wolfie .your a christian/ shamefull.
Wolf52

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Hey Duke, Garfield has a history of train fatalities and suicide by train. A fence around many areas of the tracks was put up to help prevent suicides. Yes the woman was from Clifton. She wasn't too bright but luckily it's better that she or her child didn't die. I'm a Christian but not shameful, just insightful. That's not a sin. Maybe you live in Garfield and hide in Hoboken. Grow a brain be a human! Jesus loves you, he also thinks you're a jerk!
THE DUKE HOBOKEN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

There have been accidents in many towns including SADDLE Brook .YOU MAKE NO SENSE.your last sentence proves my point.ALSO I DO NOT LIVE THERE. I HAVE WORKED IN GARFIELD AND SEE IMPROVEMENTS.Great article in yesterdays BergenRecord.Danherts Lake.
Wolf52

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

You're hopeless Duke. Dahnert's Lake looks great now, but give it a few years and it will become the same mess it has been. I lived there and that's why I don't any more. It's a Disneyland for Dummies.
The history of it's train fatalities has been documented and written about in both Herald & News as well as the Record. I don't make the news I just read it and witness it. Sorry for the last insult.
I take that back. Just try to be honest with yourself and be objective. It used to be a nice place to live.
LodiGuy

Metuchen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

My Ex's sister did the suicide by train thing in Garfield in August,2003.Pretty determined,I guess.I have no feelings about this,either way.Just remember,you end it,but,the Conductor sees it,and so do the police,and EMT's and anyone else who happens to get there first.They're the ones who are going to be most damaged,besides the deceased person's family.Maybe this woman was practising for jihad,or something?And,wasn't able to finish her mission?She should be locked down for debriefing,to find out why she tried to run a train!
Wolf52

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

One of the last ones was a highschool coach. There was speculation that he was invloved with one of the students. As he walked from the police station to his home after answering questions, he got in front of the train and the rest was horrible. It just happened so many times on that stretch of track from Monroe Street to Midland / Plauderville Avenue.
I agree Lodi, the people who have to recover the remains will never forget, nor the train conductor who has little control at the speed these trains run at.
moved

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Wolf52 - I know/remember who and what you are talking about. I went to school with Ed K. Right after the police questioned him...that's when he decided to end it all. As far as that lady is concerned ... Why anyone would (or could) think they are faster than a train is beyond me. Most likely she was looking for attention. All-though I could think of better ways.
THE DUKE HOBOKEN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Wolfe, thats your problem ,your not being honest with yourself and being objective. You will never give Garfield any kind words . Name one town that is a better place to live, In Southern BERGEN than it was in the seventies and sixties.
Wolf52

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

OK Duke, let me explaine myself. I think I owe it to you, so you can understand what I'm all about. I lived in Garfield for over 40 years. As a kid, I growing up in the 60's and 70's, I really liked it. The neighborhoods were very tight knitted and people all looked out for and respected each other.
Then in the 80's things started to change, not for the better and by the 90's it got worse. I have friends who still live there for assorted reasons and wish they could get out, but must stay for now. They tell me how bad it is all the time.
The politicians really screwed it up by allowing illegal apartments to flourish and not attracting more business to the city. If you understand anything about what makes a town more viable and prosperous, it's having enough industry & business to offset the property taxes from the home owners.
It also provides jobs for the city's people and many businesses contribute to the city providing funds for schools, senior citizens and recreation.
If you drive through Garfield, you'll see allot of empty store fronts, which end up turned into apartments if the landlord can't rent them as stores. Almost 30,000 people in a little over 2 square miles. Ever try to park in most parts of town? When it snows....good luck. The crime rate has gone up as well. High unemployment, street gangs, over crowded schools, blighted property, illegal immigrants, drugs and even homeless people living along the Passaic River banks. It's too dismal a place for me to live. Have you read recently about the judge and the trouble he is facing?
Greed,ignorance and political corruption has destroyed that city. If you can't figure it out, I'm sorry for you because I have and so have many others. Ask most of the police and school teachers who work there, if they live there or would send their own kids to Garfield schools. Most don't and the majority won't. It has not changed for the better. Even the city manager lives out of town. Finally, my list of towns that are better by far than Garfield are:
Elmwood Park, Fair Lawn, Fort Lee, Lodi, Little Ferry, Hasbrouck Heights, Paramus, Rochelle Park, Saddle Brook, South Hackensack, Teterboro, Maywood, Bogota, Moonachie, Clifton, Nutley, Wallington & Woodridge. There are better choices Duke. Better home resale values too. There's always room for improvement no matter where you live. The problem in Garfield is that there hasn't been a real effort by the people running that city to make the necessary improvements other than a new police station and fixing an old park that will end up looking the same after a few years of neglect. I'd love to return to the "Old Garfield" I grew up in, but there isn't a time machine that could take me there. So, the last time I voted, I voted with my feet..... I hope you understand my feelings now, if not so be it. Not everyone has to have the same opinion, but this message board is here for just that purpose. It's called "Free Speech." The First Amendment.
THE DUKE HOBOKEN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

wolf now i know you really do not have a clue.Talk to people in those towns and ask them if they are happy. Many share the same problems you say Garfield is experiencing.Free Speech yes ,lies and propaganda no.
Wolf52

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

Judged:

Duke, you need to buy a black hat. Wear it in respect for your dead brain.
THE DUKE HOBOKEN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

lol
Wolf52

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Hey Duke, I'm glad you have a sense of humor. I'm sorry for being mean to you. Christmas is coming and I want to be in a happy mood for the holidays and be a good Christian. I just get upset with the way my old home town has changed, not for the better. My opinions are well founded. I read the newspapers everyday and have friends who keep me in touch with what's happening. Some are even in law enforcement. Let's have a truce Duke. At least for the holidays LOL. I'll try not to be too negative, but don't hold me to it.
Got out

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Wolf52 your SO Right the town is a cancer that can not be cured! The City Goverment along with the board of ED & police dept rob the people of Garfield of what used to be a great and PROUD place to live & Grow up.
donald hicswa

Washington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

ppl never learn they think they r faster then a train plus in a hurry to go no where fast

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Elmwood Park News Video

•••
•••

Elmwood Park Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Elmwood Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••