Did anyone suffer damage from the storm today?

Posted in the Ellijay Forum

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 30, 2013
We're off Boardtown and only had some strong winds and rain. One big thunderclap.

I heard folks near Rich mountain had damage. Anyone else?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 30, 2013
I'd like to know the same. Are there still areas without power?
Richard Nobel

Ellijay, GA

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#4 Jan 30, 2013
Richard Nobel wrote:
http://www.fetchyournews.com/a rchives/17559-FYN-Exclusive-Gi lmer-County-Stiorm-Damage.html
Storm damage pictures.
RN, do you know anything about Gobbler Knob?
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Richard Nobel wrote:
http://www.fetchyournews.com/a rchives/17559-FYN-Exclusive-Gi lmer-County-Stiorm-Damage.html
Storm damage pictures.
Wonder if I'll be able to get thru if I come back tomorrow?
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#6 Jan 30, 2013
And a little snow predicted for Friday. When it rains it pours.
Seriously

Ellijay, GA

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Stryffe wrote:
I'd like to know the same. Are there still areas without power?
Swim in the low end of the gene pool, do you?
Downtown

Ellijay, GA

#8 Jan 30, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Swim in the low end of the gene pool, do you?
We sailed through once again with little fanfare....That's another reason to live in Ellijay City.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 30, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Swim in the low end of the gene pool, do you?
I'm not sure I get your post or the point of it. Explain yourself please.
Have Birdseed Will Travel

Ellijay, GA

#10 Jan 30, 2013
No, but I tried to walk on water when the storm was peaking. Ended up in up to my hips and rest of me splayed out onto the road. Life lesson learned the hard way > ain't gonna happen.......

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 31, 2013
Stryffe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure I get your post or the point of it. Explain yourself please.
I think he was making fun of you . Because of your statement about people being without power. If they were with out power probably would not be able to respond to your question. Just my guess. However, other people could respond if they knew of areas still without power. I think it was just lost in translation.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#12 Jan 31, 2013
turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>I think he was making fun of you . Because of your statement about people being without power. If they were with out power probably would not be able to respond to your question. Just my guess. However, other people could respond if they knew of areas still without power. I think it was just lost in translation.
Maybe, but any person with any common sense would realize the question was put here so that people with power could respond and give me an idea of how many if any are still without. Like you said there. It's a pretty basic concept really.
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Griffin, GA

#13 Jan 31, 2013
an rv down the street from me suffered some major damage. i have never seen anyone there in 3 years but it was always a cute home. you can almost see the path of the winds that blew in thru the forest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min Chopper Read 56,850
I hope to be moving there soon 1 hr julianne2saw 17
probation office 5 hr Ga Girl 56 6
gay cruising at 515 scenic overlook (Aug '12) 8 hr Ga Girl 56 92
Has Your AT&T Wireless Service Deteriorated (Aug '13) 8 hr Ga Girl 56 28
FBI charges against Hot Rods N Harleys Owner (Aug '12) 9 hr eric 171
Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off Owners (Apr '07) Tue Appalled 10,933

Ellijay News Video

Ellijay Dating
Find my Match

Ellijay Jobs

Ellijay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ellijay News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ellijay

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]