Comments
57,201 - 57,220 of 96,465 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
it doesnt matter

Wentzville, MO

#60843 Aug 10, 2012
It doesn't matter anyway the voting system is fixed! Do some research? Fixed the whole system. Ask for Manual counts, no computers.
Strong Proud Conservative

Joplin, MO

#60844 Aug 10, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
CNN Poll: Obama holds 7-point lead over Romney
Posted by
CNN Political Unit
Washington (CNN)- Mitt Romney's unfavorable rating is up, most Americans think the Republican presidential challenger favors the rich, and it appears the number of people who believe that the economy will not get better if Romney is elected has edged up slightly, according to a new national poll.
But a CNN/ORC International survey released Thursday also indicates that Romney's supporters are increasingly getting behind the presumptive GOP nominee.
It all adds up to a seven point advantage for President Barack Obama over the former Massachusetts governor, with 52% of registered voters questioned in the survey saying that they'd vote to re-elect the president and 45% backing Romney.
"Among independent voters, the poll indicates President Obama has a 53%-42% lead," CNN Polling Director Keating Holland said. "The president holds a nine point advantage among women voters and a smaller six point edge among men."
The good news for Romney: Four months after he wrapped up the race for the GOP nomination, 56% of Romney voters say they strongly support him, up from 47% in May. Sixty-one percent of Obama voters say they strongly support the president.
Since the start of the general election in April, the Obama campaign and Democratic groups have launched attacks on the presumptive Republican nominee, and the survey indicates that they appear to be working.
While Romney's favorable rating has remained steady (47% now compared to 48% in July), his unfavorable rating has jumped from 42% last month to 48% now. The president's 56%-42% favorable-unfavorable rating now is little changed from July.
Among independents, the poll indicates Romney's image has taken a beating. In May, only 40% of independents had an unfavorable view of Romney. Now, 52% of independents have a negative view of him.
Other findings: Sixty-four percent of all Americans, and 68% of independents, think Romney favors the rich over the middle class. And 63% of the public thinks Romney should release more tax returns than he has already made public, a figure which rises to 67% among independents.
"These are all signs that a summer of negative campaigning on the part of the Democrats seems to be taking its toll on the presumptive GOP nominee," says Holland.
Most significantly, it appears that Romney's image as a can-do guy on the economy may have also been hurt. In May, 50% of all Americans said that the economy would get better if Romney were elected. That's now down to 45%, two points below Obama's number. It's likely that all of this is the result of the Democrats' efforts to paint Romney in an unflattering light, but so far Obama has avoided any blowback from that strategy, as evidenced by no rise in his unfavorable rating.
Who do Americans think will win the election?
Regardless of which candidate they support, 63% think Obama will win re-election, with one third saying Romney will win.
"That may not translate directly into votes, but it is worth noting that in August of previous election years, the public accurately predicted the winner in 1996, 2000 and 2008, and in 2004 George W. Bush and John Kerry were tied," adds Holland.
Control of Congress is also up for grabs in November. According to the survey, 45% say the country would be better off if Congress were controlled by Democrats, with 39% saying things would be better if the GOP ran Capitol Hill.
The CNN poll was conducted by ORC International Tuesday and Wednesday (August 7-8), with 1,010 adults nationwide, including 911 registered voters, questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.
Meanwhile the Rasmussen poll, which is more accurate and has a more random sample of voters has Romney leading Obama by 4 points. Incidently, in August of 1980 Carter was leading Reagan by 7 points too.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#60845 Aug 10, 2012
1961 ALUMNI ROLLA MO wrote:
Clair Mckaskle will win back her Senate seat in November!
Todd Akin, her opponent, is just too extreme for Missouri - even Republicans!
Todd Akin wants to privitize Social Security & Medicare.
Todd Akin is opposed to Student Loans.
Todd Akin is opposed to the minimum wage.
Todd Akin isn't too extreme for the neoconservatives on here. By their standard, he might even be liberal.

Threats pending

#60846 Aug 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have things in reverse order. Think whatever you want but the only real truth a person gets is on Fox News. I challenge you to check out the so-called facts you are talking about. I think you will find things are not like you think they are. You say Republicans only care about the rich and powerful! Then why in the world is Obama getting us so far in debt we will never see the light of day? Do you actually understand that? Do you actually understand anything about economics? Obama wants government to control everything. Government is not good at controling anything. Things always end up in a mess. Take medicare for example..........the people in D. C. didn't take care of those funds like they should have. I don't think you can judge a person's intelligence by their political party. Conservatives are trying to save this country and you better thank God for these people. As a matter of fact there are many Democrats that do not agree with Obama and will probably lose the election this time just because they are Democrats. Just because you don't agree with somebody doesn't make them stupid.....it's called having a difference of opinion, and that is every person's right. We have freedom of speech right now but if Obama has his way..........not for long! Have you noticed that it is slowly slipping away? Have a nice day!
CHEERS!
You really do live in a world of illusion. The assessment of Republicans is absolutely true and I agree that you only have to look on here to see evidence to back that up.

Threats pending

#60847 Aug 10, 2012
DEMOCRAT IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow why don't you try something new. Instead of getting up and smoking your meth before you post, try posting first. Let's see if you can actually post something that doesn't show you for being the retard that you are.
How many children have you molested today? Why can't you find some character and strength and turn yourself into the police?
abc

Bernie, MO

#60848 Aug 10, 2012
Todd Akin
1961 Alumni ROLLA MO

Rolla, MO

#60849 Aug 10, 2012
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Todd Akin isn't too extreme for the neoconservatives on here. By their standard, he might even be liberal.
Thank God, the majority of Missouians are not neoconservatives!
When the truth comes to light - just what Akin stands for what & he's against - it will be all over for him in his bid to take McKaskle's seat as Senator.

Threats pending

#60850 Aug 10, 2012
American Vet wrote:
BARRY THE DOPE DEALER, one reason Obama's scool files are sealed!
http://rickstephensdepartments.blogspot.com/2...
So you are a vetran. Excellent. Glad to see you speaking out. What branch of the military did you serve in? Did you serve during any wars or conflicts? I see that you use the name American Vetran as opposed to WWII Vetran, Korean War Vetran, Viet Nam Vetran, Gulf War Vetran etc. It is more inclusive. Is that what you are going for with that name or did you have a long military career.

I appreciate and honor the service, vetrans have given this country.
DEMOCRAT IDIOTS

Smithville, MO

#60851 Aug 10, 2012
Strong Proud Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile the Rasmussen poll, which is more accurate and has a more random sample of voters has Romney leading Obama by 4 points. Incidently, in August of 1980 Carter was leading Reagan by 7 points too.
Romney is going to destroy Obama. Can't wait til the debates and Obama has to stand on his record without a teleprompter. It's going to be hilarious.

Hopefully Mitt doesn't kill anyone elses wife between now and then.
DEMOCRAT IDIOTS

Smithville, MO

#60852 Aug 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have things in reverse order. Think whatever you want but the only real truth a person gets is on Fox News. I challenge you to check out the so-called facts you are talking about. I think you will find things are not like you think they are. You say Republicans only care about the rich and powerful! Then why in the world is Obama getting us so far in debt we will never see the light of day? Do you actually understand that? Do you actually understand anything about economics? Obama wants government to control everything. Government is not good at controling anything. Things always end up in a mess. Take medicare for example..........the people in D. C. didn't take care of those funds like they should have. I don't think you can judge a person's intelligence by their political party. Conservatives are trying to save this country and you better thank God for these people. As a matter of fact there are many Democrats that do not agree with Obama and will probably lose the election this time just because they are Democrats. Just because you don't agree with somebody doesn't make them stupid.....it's called having a difference of opinion, and that is every person's right. We have freedom of speech right now but if Obama has his way..........not for long! Have you noticed that it is slowly slipping away? Have a nice day!
CHEERS!
Well said Norton!

It's amazing how many people are blind or consumed by a government dependency ignorance. It's also interesting how vile and nasty Liberals can get. It's got to suck to live your life like that. To be so angry all the time you let your hhate consume your life. We have a prime example of someone like that right here in DanFromSmithville.
DEMOCRAT IDIOTS

Smithville, MO

#60853 Aug 10, 2012
1961 Alumni ROLLA MO wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God, the majority of Missouians are not neoconservatives!
When the truth comes to light - just what Akin stands for what & he's against - it will be all over for him in his bid to take McKaskle's seat as Senator.
You are in for a rude awakening. Missouri is going to kick Claire to the curb. Missouri will be a solid red state after the elections. It will finally be a state to be proud of. If you don't like it, move across the border to Illinois. It's probably more to your liking.
1961 Alumni ROLLA MO

Rolla, MO

#60854 Aug 10, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
CHEERS!
Have you not noticed that Obama's lead (in the polls against Romney is widening in the last few days. If you are really a faithful follower of Fox - I would think you would know that Obama is leading Romney and is gaining ground on him every day. As a matter of fact, the Fox polls show Obama with a bigger lead over Romney than any other poll!
1961 Alumni ROLLA MO

Rolla, MO

#60855 Aug 10, 2012
DEMOCRAT IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is going to destroy Obama. Can't wait till the debates and Obama has to stand on his record without a teleprompter. It's going to be hilarious.
Hopefully Mitt doesn't kill anyone elses wife between now and then.
Yes, I can't wait to see Obama debate Romney about the future of Social Security & Mediare. That's when it will be all over for Romney!

Romney is already an embarassment with his bumbling habit of committing a gaff almost everytime he's in front of a camera. Can you just imagine - with Obama's smooth steady intelligent manner & the fact that he's the REAL ONE who's trying to save Social Security & Medicare (as we know it)- up against Romney, who is fighting to dismantle Social Security & Medicare - by privitizing it.

Yes, it will be a slam dunk for Obama! I just can't wait!!!
1961 Alumni ROLLA MO

Rolla, MO

#60856 Aug 10, 2012
DEMOCRAT IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in for a rude awakening. Missouri is going to kick Claire to the curb. Missouri will be a solid red state after the elections. It will finally be a state to be proud of. If you don't like it, move across the border to Illinois. It's probably more to your liking.
Just keep dreaming on - this whole election hinges of Social Security & Medicare! Both the congressional races & the Presidential race will be decided on the basis of Social Security and Medicare alone!

Can you not understand that the people of this country will not stand for Social Security & Meicare to be dismantled???

Let me say that one more time - WE WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!

Did you get that - WE WILL NOT STAND FOR SOCIAL SECURITY & MEDICARE TO BE DISMANTLED!!!

I'm going to say it one more time, in case I didn't make myself clear - WE WILL NOT STAND FOR SOCIAL SECURITY & MEDICARE TO BE DISMANTLED!!!

If you think there was a big shake up in this country over civil rights - if you goons try to tear down Social Security & Medicare -you will see an uprising like has not been seen in this country since the civil war!!!

Joplin, MO

#60857 Aug 10, 2012
DEMOCRAT IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems to have forgotten that McCaskill is losing by 10 points in almost all the polls.

Joplin, MO

#60858 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Just keep dreaming on - this whole election hinges of Social Security & Medicare! Both the congressional races & the Presidential race will be decided on the basis of Social Security and Medicare alone!
Can you not understand that the people of this country will not stand for Social Security & Meicare to be dismantled???
Let me say that one more time - WE WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!
Did you get that - WE WILL NOT STAND FOR SOCIAL SECURITY & MEDICARE TO BE DISMANTLED!!!
I'm going to say it one more time, in case I didn't make myself clear - WE WILL NOT STAND FOR SOCIAL SECURITY & MEDICARE TO BE DISMANTLED!!!
If you think there was a big shake up in this country over civil rights - if you goons try to tear down Social Security & Medicare -you will see an uprising like has not been seen in this country since the civil war!!!
Which is exactly what Obamacare has caused.

Joplin, MO

#60859 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, I can't wait to see Obama debate Romney about the future of Social Security & Mediare. That's when it will be all over for Romney!
Romney is already an embarassment with his bumbling habit of committing a gaff almost everytime he's in front of a camera. Can you just imagine - with Obama's smooth steady intelligent manner & the fact that he's the REAL ONE who's trying to save Social Security & Medicare (as we know it)- up against Romney, who is fighting to dismantle Social Security & Medicare - by privitizing it.
Yes, it will be a slam dunk for Obama! I just can't wait!!!
I can't either. Romney is going to mop the floor up with Obama.
1961 Alumni ROLLA MO

Rolla, MO

#60860 Aug 10, 2012
DEMOCRAT IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Why did he win the nomination then?
Akin is going to kick Claires ass bigtime!!
Akin won the nomination because Missouri is full of a bunch of brain-washed Limbaugh ditto-heads! It is embarassing just how uninformed the majority of Missourians really are nowadays. I was born & raised in Missouri - and I'm becoming more & more embarassed for & by my home state all the time!

I realize there are a few of you snot-nosed ditto-head extreme tea-party Republicans - who think you'll control the outcome of this election - but you better think again!

The fact is - that you extreme tea-party Republicans do not make up the majority in this state - YOU JUST MAKE THE MOST NOISE!!!

When the rest of the state is informed just what Akin stands for & what he does not stand for - it will be all over for is bid for Senator!

And make no mistake, the news will get out just devasting Akin's policies will be on millions & millions of people in this country...

Joplin, MO

#60861 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Akin won the nomination because Missouri is full of a bunch of brain-washed Limbaugh ditto-heads! It is embarassing just how uninformed the majority of Missourians really are nowadays. I was born & raised in Missouri - and I'm becoming more & more embarassed for & by my home state all the time!
I realize there are a few of you snot-nosed ditto-head extreme tea-party Republicans - who think you'll control the outcome of this election - but you better think again!
The fact is - that you extreme tea-party Republicans do not make up the majority in this state - YOU JUST MAKE THE MOST NOISE!!!
When the rest of the state is informed just what Akin stands for & what he does not stand for - it will be all over for is bid for Senator!
And make no mistake, the news will get out just devasting Akin's policies will be on millions & millions of people in this country...
Then leave. They have more of your kind in California.
DEMOCRAT IDIOTS

Smithville, MO

#60862 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you but I do not listen to Rush. You're just looking for justification why so many people are rejecting the Liberal agenda. You don't want to accept that Liberalism is total failure. The only brainwashed person here, well that I am replying to anyway, is YOU!

The devestating policies have come from Democrats, not Todd Akin. Todd Akin didn't spend 6 trillion in the last 3 1/2 years. Todd Akin didn't add 20 million people to the welfare roll. Todd Akin didn't cause our first ever credit downgrade, Democrat spending did that.

I'll bet you he wins by at least 60-40 margin.

Extreme? If wanting lower taxes, smaller government, less government intrusion, and fiscal responsibility makes me extreme, then it is a title I am proud to wear.

The extreme ones are people like you who want to see this country taken over the fiscal cliff like Greece, Spain, Portugal, Ireland and the other Europen countries that are tettering on tbhe brink. I don't need Rush or anyone else to tell me what I can plainly see with my own eyes.

If you don't like this state, then get the f**k out. Nobody is forcing you stay here. But rest assured, you will be missed for all of 5 seconds.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 18 min Abdurratln 2,039
MO Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 6 hr billybob 251
MFA Oil Company acquires Brown Propane 9 hr Seth Ashford 1
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) 19 hr Pop Clutch 6,932
kimberly terrell Mon user 1
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... Aug 30 northwye 324
CR Distributing (Apr '13) Aug 26 Nice 60
•••
•••
•••