Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

I am ashamed to be a resident of Elkhorn City....it is supposed be full of "noble christian's"...who have done nothing to help the people of Harless Creek, not one church has offered to make a hot meal for these people, offered to take up donations, or hand them out, and probablly most of all maybe give a kind word to these people who have nothing left, or offer a helping hand whether it be for an hour or all day....when truth be known some of those people are members of any one of many churches in Elkhorn City...what happened to having compassion, and humanity towards your fellow man, that they all profess on Sunday mornings behind their pulpits, or while they are walking around to shake hands and be seen?????? I have not alot of money, but I have gave donations to these people, offered my services if needed and have offered my home to anyone of them who may want to take a hot shower, in privacy, or someplace to lay their heads, that is clean, and cool, it is sad that the boys of ERHS football team has went and done more than "professing christians", the cheerleaders are going to help over the weekend, and these are our young, that so many people think are so bad, with no morals, or being so spoiled that they only care about themselves...KUDOS to these students for donating their time, may some of the adults take lessons from you...not to mention that the fire dept. has not offered any help either, because it benefits them in no-way, because they have lost nothing, I guess being a member of the fire dept. means being seen in their big red trucks with their big red lights, stupid me for thinking that being a member of such an organization meant helping people in need of help no matter what the reason, many of them can lend their backs to some of the people who are not physically able to do so, or even help a fellow department with handing out supplies, or giving assistance no matter what the need, spending day and night away from their families, maybe give someone a break to go home to their loved ones....so much for answering the call of duty???????
pikeville bandit

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

well the hylton freewill baptist church on elkhorn creek has helped, they have raised money and food water clotheing, i cant say about the ec churches

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkhorn City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 22 min use your brain 1,066
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min wtf 151,029
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr yourmommm 1,048
4-wheelers 5 hr interested 13
overnight lodging? 5 hr interested 6
no tattoo for you 7 hr only god can judge 4
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 9 hr U go girl 16,143
•••
•••
Elkhorn City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Elkhorn City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elkhorn City People Search