|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I"m on the computer now.
Weird in that I found no audio jack for the ipad, but I have one on the ipod.
I thought that was one of the main gripes about the Apple products- that there was no way to add peripherals.

I password protected my phone and bought a plan so if it is stolen I can remotely wipe it clean and locate it.I am under teh impression that Apple provides this through an app but Android does not, so you have to pay for it. Someone correct me if I am wrong

I have not figured out yet how to put any identity info on the face page in case I lose it
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Posting from the iPad still need to get the keyboard up and running.
My phone has a touch screen. It has not been as hard to adapt to as I thought it might

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Posting from the iPad still need to get the keyboard up and running.
Why do you need/want the keyboard so much? The way i see it, if you are on the couch, you really are not in a posotion to use the keyboard, and if you are sitting at a table with the keyboard set up, you might as well just sit at your actual computer.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

PEllen wrote:
I have not figured out yet how to put any identity info on the face page in case I lose it
settings
security
owner information

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

PEllen wrote:
I password protected my phone and bought a plan so if it is stolen I can remotely wipe it clean and locate it.I am under teh impression that Apple provides this through an app but Android does not, so you have to pay for it.
go to the google play storw and check out an app called plan b

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you need/want the keyboard so much? The way i see it, if you are on the couch, you really are not in a posotion to use the keyboard, and if you are sitting at a table with the keyboard set up, you might as well just sit at your actual computer.
Because I type about 110 wpm and I don't want to compromise that, depending on what I"m doing online. If my purpose is to read and post here or on other forums, I want a regular keyboard. If I'm just surfing and doing searches, the built-in digital thing is fine.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I type about 110 wpm and I don't want to compromise that, depending on what I"m doing online. If my purpose is to read and post here or on other forums, I want a regular keyboard. If I'm just surfing and doing searches, the built-in digital thing is fine.
Yeah, but are you going to be able to sit comfortably on the couch with the keyboard set up?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I"m on the computer now.
Weird in that I found no audio jack for the ipad, but I have one on the ipod.
https://discussions.apple.com/ thread/4057512?start=0&tst art=0

jack not labeled in this photo. See above link.
http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

cycle003 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not clear, but I suspect the lifeguard also got medical treatment. In one article, it stated that he had a headache.
I watched the interview with local news this morning. He thought he was supposed to go in with the kid. If he'd known he didn't HAVE to, or that he was going to be charged, he said he'd have never gotten in the ambulance.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>But if you do, someone will find out that you have/had it.
They were statues outside the publc library of kids reading and playing. Also, I am not aware that bronze has much resale vaue. Like drug dealers, the cops should come down on teh scarp dealers
that's what some of hte outrage i heard was about... i think it was the cops who said something like "didn't the scrap yard stop to think about what they just took in".... i guess scrap is scrap if there's no sentiment to you. and the thieves are $250 ahead and out only a couple hours for it.

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Re: lifeguard story: And it illustrates what a rip off ambulances are. I remember when ambulances went from free, to a $100 fee for each use, and people were outrages by that.$2600 for an ambulance ride that you didn't really even need? Now that so much of this is operated by for-profit private businesses, people get screwed more.
especially when you have zero control over which ambulance company you're going to get when you call 911.
the husband of someone i know died suddenly when they were at their cabin. one of the most asinine arguments she had was with the insurance company wanting to pay "out of network" rates for hte 911 ambulance...

like you're going to take the time, whne your husband is turning several shades of blue, what flippin' network the ambulance is in.

she won that argument with that response.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but are you going to be able to sit comfortably on the couch with the keyboard set up?
I could. Plus, she could get one of those things for the couch typing that looks like a tray but it's build for a laptop.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but are you going to be able to sit comfortably on the couch with the keyboard set up?
I don't know, I rarely sit on my couch. So far I've used it sitting at my computer desk and out on my deck with the cats (and took my first cat pictures since Bailey was dying! Four years?

I don't have a coffee table or ottoman, so I'll have to figure something out. We'll see.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>go to the google play storw and check out an app called plan b
Thank you.

FWIW, my first job out of college was at a company who assigned me to a project called Plan B. Kinda symmetrical

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
the husband of someone i know died suddenly when they were at their cabin. one of the most asinine arguments she had was with the insurance company wanting to pay "out of network" rates for hte 911 ambulance...
like you're going to take the time, whne your husband is turning several shades of blue, what flippin' network the ambulance is in.
she won that argument with that response.
For your SIL- there is a resale /thrift store in Waukegan on Grand east of 41 on the north side of teh street just across from the Habitat for Humanity store. It usually has a good selection of housewear things, very cheap. I got the girls dishes and some pots and pans and glasses there. Sometimes very good things. There is also a Salvation Army store next to the Habitat for Humanity although I like the Sal Army place in Waukegan near its downtown better. That one seems to get the North Shore cast offs- better quality stuff. I got a loveseat and some kitchen chairs there a couple years ago

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

not, iam passe....
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>You expect a report when he's passed out?

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
For your SIL- there is a resale /thrift store in Waukegan on Grand east of 41 on the north side of teh street just across from the Habitat for Humanity store. It usually has a good selection of housewear things, very cheap. I got the girls dishes and some pots and pans and glasses there. Sometimes very good things. There is also a Salvation Army store next to the Habitat for Humanity although I like the Sal Army place in Waukegan near its downtown better. That one seems to get the North Shore cast offs- better quality stuff. I got a loveseat and some kitchen chairs there a couple years ago
cool! thansk for the hint!

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

i forgot how clever the writers on frasier were...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
part of me disagrees with it--free speech and all. These people died representing our nation, and free speech, arguably (perhaps inarguably) is the most important Amendment.
Another part of me feels for the families of the dead, and can't even imagine the pain these bozos add to the already-grieving family.
I think this is a bad idea, at the top of a very slippery slope. These people are pigs, and I don't agree with anything they say or do, but as far as I'm concerned, the speech that most needs protecting is the speech with which I disagree. Freedom of Speech is meaningless if it only applies to that which nobody finds objectionable.

The Freedom Riders, the college students, and the general citizens who have formed barriers between the funerals and the protestors are on the right track, as far as I'm concerned. They keep these cretins away from the mourning families without stripping them of their basic constitutional rights.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

itser wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is a bad idea, at the top of a very slippery slope. These people are pigs, and I don't agree with anything they say or do, but as far as I'm concerned, the speech that most needs protecting is the speech with which I disagree. Freedom of Speech is meaningless if it only applies to that which nobody finds objectionable.
The Freedom Riders, the college students, and the general citizens who have formed barriers between the funerals and the protestors are on the right track, as far as I'm concerned. They keep these cretins away from the mourning families without stripping them of their basic constitutional rights.
Great post. Good point in your last paragraph. I wasn't even thinking that far ahead. I agree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Elk Grove Village Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elk Grove Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••