Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

I am unclear how the lifeguard got stuck with this bill. Why is it not the boy's legal guardian?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lifeguard...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

itser wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
A cousin stole my sister's high school class ring, along with her engagement and wedding rings several years ago. According to him, it wasn't a big deal because he only got $100 or so when he pawned them. Well, they were worth way more than that, and the emotional value was obviously much greater.
Of course, he never offered to give her the 100 either. I'm sure he thinks the same way LW does...the past is the past, and there is no need for something silly like an apology.
around here, someone stole some statues from a library and sold them for scrap... the values were in the thousnds, and they were part of a statue "park" at hte library where people donated teh statues in honor of people.

scrap value?$250...

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
around here, someone stole some statues from a library and sold them for scrap... the values were in the thousnds, and they were part of a statue "park" at hte library where people donated teh statues in honor of people.
scrap value?$250...
Don't sell stuff like that for scrap. Hold it hostage. Get some real money out of the people who want it back. Yeesh, if you're going to put in the effort, get something for it.

“ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

I read a few more stories and think I get it. Sounds like he did not ride along with the kid for the kid's sake, but was put in the ambulance and he himself was taken to the ER as a precautionary measure. He was only a lifeguard for 5 days and, for whatever reason, he thought it was SOP to get taken in after a rescue of that nature, so the bill was for HIS transporation and treatment, not the kid's.

Since: Jun 09

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Mister Tonka wrote:
I am unclear how the lifeguard got stuck with this bill. Why is it not the boy's legal guardian?
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lifeguard...
It's not clear, but I suspect the lifeguard also got medical treatment. In one article, it stated that he had a headache.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
24 days! The kid is goin' to college! To say I'm excited would be an understatement. Need to get her packed, which will be an ordeal.
I have a side bet going on teh amount and type of dead "livestock" you find in her room.
It might be a kindness to pack some roach motels or ant traps for her
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
scrap value?$250...
I would walk past those statues frequently when I was in that town. They were small, perhaps shoulder height on me and not very far from the police station. They were clearly not copper, probably bronze. Copper has a higher resale value.

They wouldn't have been easy to lift off their concrete bases
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

itser wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't sell stuff like that for scrap. Hold it hostage. Get some real money out of the people who want it back. Yeesh, if you're going to put in the effort, get something for it.
But if you do, someone will find out that you have/had it.
They were statues outside the publc library of kids reading and playing. Also, I am not aware that bronze has much resale vaue. Like drug dealers, the cops should come down on teh scarp dealers

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

cycle003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I recommend that you secure your router. While it's probably a very slim risk, it's not that difficult and it could prevent any headaches from people using your internet connection, especially since you live in a condo.
The first thing is to change the default password and disable the ability to configure the router wirelessly. Second, secure your signal using WPA2. You should choose a good password, and you will likely only have to enter it once for each device.
Agreed. It took me forever to get around to doing that but I'm glad I finally did. Not for nothing but even though I'm good at SOME techie stuff, I suck at the stuff I don't care to learn about, this being one of them, so I just had the IT guy at Comcast walk me through it on the phone. I never even had to read the book that came with the router. Just sayin' in case anyone else wants to go the lazy route...<shrug>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

cycle003 wrote:
<quoted text>
I recommend that you secure your router. While it's probably a very slim risk, it's not that difficult and it could prevent any headaches from people using your internet connection, especially since you live in a condo.
The first thing is to change the default password and disable the ability to configure the router wirelessly. Second, secure your signal using WPA2. You should choose a good password, and you will likely only have to enter it once for each device.
Very helpful, thank you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Have you guys read this yet? I really hope it stands up.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/vete...
part of me disagrees with it--free speech and all. These people died representing our nation, and free speech, arguably (perhaps inarguably) is the most important Amendment.

Another part of me feels for the families of the dead, and can't even imagine the pain these bozos add to the already-grieving family.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Re: lifeguard story: And it illustrates what a rip off ambulances are. I remember when ambulances went from free, to a $100 fee for each use, and people were outrages by that.$2600 for an ambulance ride that you didn't really even need? Now that so much of this is operated by for-profit private businesses, people get screwed more.

especially when you have zero control over which ambulance company you're going to get when you call 911.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Posting from the iPad still need to get the keyboard up and running.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Seems to be working well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

I"m on the computer now.

Weird in that I found no audio jack for the ipad, but I have one on the ipod.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I"m on the computer now.
Weird in that I found no audio jack for the ipad, but I have one on the ipod.
I thought that was one of the main gripes about the Apple products- that there was no way to add peripherals.

I password protected my phone and bought a plan so if it is stolen I can remotely wipe it clean and locate it.I am under teh impression that Apple provides this through an app but Android does not, so you have to pay for it. Someone correct me if I am wrong

I have not figured out yet how to put any identity info on the face page in case I lose it
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My phone has a touch screen. It has not been as hard to adapt to as I thought it might

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Why do you need/want the keyboard so much? The way i see it, if you are on the couch, you really are not in a posotion to use the keyboard, and if you are sitting at a table with the keyboard set up, you might as well just sit at your actual computer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

PEllen wrote:
I have not figured out yet how to put any identity info on the face page in case I lose it
settings
security
owner information

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

PEllen wrote:
I password protected my phone and bought a plan so if it is stolen I can remotely wipe it clean and locate it.I am under teh impression that Apple provides this through an app but Android does not, so you have to pay for it.
go to the google play storw and check out an app called plan b

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 69,541 - 69,560 of96,401
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Elk Grove Village Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Elk Grove Village Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Elk Grove Village People Search