Voice of Reason

Louisville, KY

#469 Sep 1, 2009
Union Job Security??????????

TriCities.com
Bosch Braking System Has Potential Buyer; 140 Jobs Hang In The Balance By Nate Morabito Reporter / WJHL
Published: August 28, 2009

In the meantime, Johnson City leaders are continuing their efforts to convince Bosch to keep the Johnson City plant open.

Meanwhile, United Auto Workers representatives are also in discussions with Bosch. They are urging the company to let Bosch and its employees remain part of Johnson City.

“We definitely don’t want to go home and tell our family,‘Hey, we don’t have a job no more,‘“ UAW Local President David Gouge said.“We love this city. We want to stay here. We want our kids to be able to grow up here. We don’t want to move and go somewhere else.“
Tojo

Glasgow, KY

#470 Sep 5, 2009
Voice of Reason wrote:
Union Job Security??????????
TriCities.com
Bosch Braking System Has Potential Buyer; 140 Jobs Hang In The Balance By Nate Morabito Reporter / WJHL
Published: August 28, 2009
In the meantime, Johnson City leaders are continuing their efforts to convince Bosch to keep the Johnson City plant open.

Meanwhile, United Auto Workers representatives are also in discussions with Bosch. They are urging the company to let Bosch and its employees remain part of Johnson City.
“We definitely don’t want to go home and tell our family,‘Hey, we don’t have a job no more,‘“ UAW Local President David Gouge said.“We love this city. We want to stay here. We want our kids to be able to grow up here. We don’t want to move and go somewhere else.“
What, are you in HR?
The scare tatics wont work.
Taking our pay, NO 401K, what do you expect.
You can't keep taking from the workers who make this company what it is and expect everyone to be tickled shitless. We are NOW one of the LOWEST paid plants in Hardin County. Dana is bankrupt and pays more than us, Flint Ink pay more than us, Altec Pays More than Us, Sumit Polymer Pays more than Us, Technoglass pays more than us, Dow corning pays more than us. Where does Akebono get we make to much money for our area???? How do you feel working for the lowest paid company in Hardin Co.? Doesn't it make you proud!!! Not to mention NO 401K contributions! Cant wait until retirement comes and you don't have enough to live on because Akebono stopped giving to our 401K, do you have any clue how much this is taking from you for retirement? WAKE UP! Do you really want to work at WalMart when your 65 until you die just to pay your bills? WAKE UP!
What Akebon is doing is not fair to their workers and everyone Know it.
Tojo

Glasgow, KY

#471 Sep 5, 2009
Chuck Norris wrote:
oh, don't mistake my comments. Our pay now is what it will be. It's never going back to the old Ambrake rate. We will, however, get our 401k matching and tuition reimbursement programs back.
you keep bringing up Glasgow. You are aware that we were making $2 an hour more than they (and Springfield) were before our pay got cut right? Our pay got cut, their pay got cut. We still make more, just as we always have. Glasgow has nothing to do with ABE. We are a larger, central and yes more important plant. We do 3/4 of the business in North America. Why you are comparing the two, I don't know.
they never use temps in place of associates. temps can not do most associate jobs. It's actually the opposite. Many jobs that used to be done by temps like stock chasing, organizing delivery, plater 602 in rear disc (my job when I was a temp there in '99) are now done exclusively by associates. name one associate job that has been replaced with a temp. you're way off base on that one.
"wazup"...I feel you on the spousal surcharge. It is bullshit. I have to pay $144 a month for my wife's insurance if she has a job but people who's wives don't have jobs don't. I do agree, that is not fair and drastically impacts my paycheck with the paycut we had to take.
I don't see why there should be any difference made. My wife doesn't work for Akebono and therefore should have no bearing on my pay whatsoever. Every person should have to pay the same amount for the same insurance coverage, no matter if their spouse has a part time job....if they have more than 1 kid, etc. I've often wondered the legality of it. Withholding my pay based on the employment status of someone who is in no way affiliated with Akebono. I'm sure it must be legal or they couldn't be doing it but it just doesn't sound like it should be.
I'm all for free speech and expression. If you guys get enough people together to get a vote, good for you. I shall be voting no. You have the right to vote yes if you wish. I just hope it never comes to that because nothing positive can come from it. Joining a union doesn't magically put money in Akebono's bank account to fund 401k matching, tuition reimbursement or any other perks. Akebono doesn't have a bank account, it has a line of credit.
I know it sucks, it does.....but a union can't materialize money out of thin air, therefore can't help. It can only hurt. My job isn't as good as it used to be but it's still the only job I've got. I'd like to keep it here as long as possible.
You have no clue what you are talking about.
1. The cost of living in Glasgow and Springfield in no comparison to Hardin Co. My family lives in Glasgow, A $80,000 dollar home in Glasgow will cost you $140,000 in Hardin Co.
2. Temps aren't used to to associates jobs?
Where do you work? My department uses them in the same job associates do? Did you ever walk over in Friction and see them Pinging? The last process before the pads go to the rooms or out the door? Were you ever by the Piston line when we had Temps?
3. The UAW may not be able to make our pay cuts return or the 401K return. BUT if we had a UNION before the cuts were made, They would have been negotiated with us and the union. Akebono couldn't have just taken them from us like they did.

With the big Bosch numbers coming in the future.
Akebono is going to have to do something.
I don't think any of us wants to work 7 days a week 12 hours a day for $15.75.
I was at one time proud to tell everyone that I worked at Akebono, I am now embarrassed.
I have people all the time tell me, " I can't believe they lowered you pay" That is really embarrassing.
Tojo

Glasgow, KY

#472 Sep 5, 2009
Chuc Norris wrote:
how did "they" preach anything to you for 20 years. They have only owned the company for 3 1/2 years now. If you're looking for a hug, you might want to drive to Delphi HQ. They're no longer involved at all here.
Do your job and go home. Twice a month, get a paycheck. It's not that complicated.
God your a suck a$$. You must be happy with the new pay at $15.75? You must be proud of not matching your 401K. Are you stupid? Are you really that stupid? You must be one of the teamleaders and above who only got a 2% pay cut while the real workers go 10% Keep sucking up, it's not working.
Voice of Reason

Elizabethtown, KY

#473 Sep 5, 2009
Bunch of uninformed people - if Akebono is the lowest paid in the county why do you work there? No one else hire you? our just ot lazy to go look?
DRS

Duffield, VA

#474 Sep 5, 2009
Whats it like over in drum assembly now? 12 hr days? 7 days a week? If I come back, that's where I have to go. At first it was 2nd shift MDC where I left from in January but they called me back and told me drum 3rd shift. Not sure if I am going back now. Just curious whats it like over there. never worked there!
frame maker

Murfreesboro, TN

#475 Sep 5, 2009
Dana pays 16.95 a hour and they match 401k
frame maker

Murfreesboro, TN

#476 Sep 5, 2009
UAW kept Dana from stopping the match to our 401k and kept them us from taking a paycut
frame maker

Murfreesboro, TN

#477 Sep 5, 2009
kept them from making us take a paycut*
Tojo

Glasgow, KY

#478 Sep 6, 2009
Voice of Reason wrote:
Bunch of uninformed people - if Akebono is the lowest paid in the county why do you work there? No one else hire you? our just ot lazy to go look?
Wait until the economy picks up and factories around start hiring again. You will see a mass of people leaving to better paying jobs. No one is hiring now, dumb A$$. But they will be soon.
Tojo

Glasgow, KY

#479 Sep 6, 2009
frame maker wrote:
kept them from making us take a paycut*
Any idea how we could get the UAW at Akebono?
I like the sound of Union stopping the pay cut at Dana and UAW keeping Dana matching their 401K.
Unions aren't all bad. I would love to have my pay and 401K back. Dana pays $16.95 per hour.
What companies did Akebono's survey include? They said we were overpaid for the area? DANA, FLINT INK, TECHNOGLASS, ALTEC, DOW CORNIGN, ALL THE MAJOR FACTORIES PAY MORE THAN AKEBONO. WE WENT FOR THE TOP PAYING PLACE TO THE LOWEST PAID PLACE BECAUSE WHY? AKEBONO WANTED MORE MONEY IN THEIR POCKET!! NOW THEY BUY BOSCH. GIVE ME A BREAK!
Rear Disc

Glasgow, KY

#480 Sep 6, 2009
Lets all stick together and run lower numbers. Maybe a few missed shipments would get their attention. You get what you pay for. I am now working 10% less than I did before the 10% pay cut. If they can find the millions to buy Bosch, then surely to god they can give us our pay and 401K back. Lets be fair to your workers Akebono.
No one likes what you have done to us.
Drum Ass Guy

Park City, KY

#481 Sep 7, 2009
I am tired of the way Akebono is doing us!
Low Pay, No 401K what the hell are they thinking.
I am now working 7 days a week for $15.75, that's bull $hit. They took 10% of my families income away, for what? To buy a Multi-Million Dollar company like Bosch. Now my family has to do without, I can hardly pay my bills because My bills were based on me making $17.75. I never imagined Ambrake would take 10% of my pay away. Now their not matching my 401K, how in the hell am I going to make it when I retire? It breaks my heart when I have to tell my kids no you can't have that and me and my wife try and figure out how we are going to pay the bills every month!
And where do they get off cutting the Associates pay 10% and only cutting TeamLeader and above only 2%? Most the teamleader do nothing but stay in the office while were out busting our asses on the line making Ambrake all the money. Most companies did just the opposite. Cut workers pay 2% and management 10%, typical Ambrake way. If they cut the pay 5% straight across the board it wouldn't have been as bad. We will never see our pay come back and an act of God to get the 401K back. So here is what I say we should do. If we are worth 10% less, then lets all give them 10% less. Maybe a few missed shipments and less quality wil wake them up. I say we contact Honda and Toyota and tell them UNTIL AKEBONO GIVES US OUR PAY BACK TO WHAT IT WAS AND GIVE US OUR MATCHING 401K BACK, THEY WILL BE GETTING MISSED SHIPMENTS AND A LOWER QUALITY PART! MAYBE IF HONDA AND TOYOTA PUTS A LITTLE PRESSURE ON AKEBONO WE WILL GET BACK WHAT THEY TOOK. If we all stick together, they will have no choice. They are still going to make a profit if they give us back what they took, it just might not be as big a Profit as they wanted. BUT A PROFIT IS A PROFIT AND THEY SHOULD TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THEM WHAT THEY ARE TODAY. IF WE ARE NUMBER ONE IN THE BRAKE MARKET, SHOULDN'T THEIR EMPLOYEES BE NUMBER ONE? LETS ALL STICK TOGETHER. THERE IS STRENGHT IN NUMBERS!
pissed off

Duffield, VA

#482 Sep 7, 2009
I agree 99% of what u said Drum Ass Guy except for the quality part. Remember someone is riding on our work. Kids grownups families. Missed shipments 100% agree but quality has to be there for what ever goes out the door. Someone life depends on that.
frame maker

Murfreesboro, TN

#483 Sep 7, 2009
Pissed off i agree 100% with you on that
dumbass

Vine Grove, KY

#484 Sep 8, 2009
I might be a dumb ass, but do you think that they are going to let you slide, producing less parts than before? Don't forget there are still over a hundred people out there who will come back to take your place. Yes, the way things were done is bullsh*t. But until you can go find another job, how about shutting up and quit whining. Not one person in that plant HAS to be there. No one forces you to get up and go to work. It is your choice to walk in there everyday. If you honestly hate it that bad, don't go back. It's pretty simple. If your going because you need your paycheck, shut the F**K up and do your job. I don't like everything that has happened to us, nobody does, but it happened get over it or move on. If you thnk that the union shit can sve the day, your sadly mistaken. What do the dues run now?$40.00 to $50.00 dollars a week? Yea, I will be looking harder for a new job when the economy get better, but right now I get paid to do a job, even though it's less, but I do the job. Like pissed off said, we build safety devices, DO the job the right way, don't risk someones life because your not happy.
Disc 3

Glasgow, KY

#485 Sep 8, 2009
Dumb Ass,
Your name suits you. You are a real Dumb Ass and Suck Ass. I think anyone has the right to piss and moan when they lost 10% of your pay and no 401K. I am there only because I have kids to feed and no one is hiring at this time. We the economy picks up, I am out of there. But until then, I am going to bitch, piss and moan everyday. I am doing the same job for 15.75 that I was doing for 17.50 and NO 401K. NO one can up and quit now and they know it. No one is hiring and Ambrake is taking advantage of that. It's not fair and everyone in Hardin Co. knows it. They said they did a survey of surrounding factories, what a bold face LIE. Every factory around pays more than us. They said we had to weather the storm to survive, What a lie. They produced MULTI MILLIONS some how to buy Bosch. I am tired of all the Lies.
A Union sounds good to me. If we had a Union in the past, they wouldn't of been able to cut our pay and stop the 401K! Working 7 days a week for 15.75 and no 401K, doesn't that make you proud to work at Ambrake. Remember when they use to take care of their workers?
use your head

Elizabethtown, KY

#486 Sep 9, 2009
your right disc3 they would have just closed down. you people better use your heads. a union at akebono means no akebono. look at nummi the only union plant toyota has and guess what without gm to support it no more nummi. the japan companies do not like unions, they have been telling us that for years. so if you truly believe what you say bring the union. i for one will not support it, i need my job. i will do everything i can to prevent a union at akebono. yea we lost alot, but bitching about it isnt going to make them give it back till there ready. so get over it and move on. call me what you like. but i have seen what a union does to a family. a four week strike means no money for four weeks. if you believe different your ignorant.
my eyes are exploding

Nashville, TN

#487 Sep 9, 2009
i can't believe what i'm reading. i was one of them that was laid off in Jan. 2009! i wish the people whinning would just go ahead a quit so they can call me back. Ive put in for 81 different jobs have had 3 interviews and still no luck. Oh and i'm in school now so hopefuuly with that i'll have some luck. by the way i have no health care and a small child so you should be thankful you have a job. if you can't afford living on that pay With a family of however many then you must be living beyond your means!!!!! what in the world would you people complaining do if they closed the place down and everyone was out of work, think about that for just a minute. I am surely not asking for anyone to feel sorry for me either, just remember there are quite a few people who would do alot for 15.75 and work 7 days a week and enjoy it
DRS

Duffield, VA

#488 Sep 9, 2009
"my eyes are exploding" don't know how much lower you are from me but they called me back to mdc 2nd shift where I left in Jan. They called me the next day and bumped me to 3rd shift in drum assembly. Well luckily I have a choice. I be damn if I was going to 3rd shift in drum assembly. Maybe you will get my spot. Tonight is the 3rd night I haven't showed up so I guess I quit...LOL Good luck to all out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amber compton 15 min yep 15
Dwayne Spears tattoo artist 29 min Kayla 5
Belt Spanking 37 min Lia_1 45
Nikki 3 hr Clay 22
David at Super 8 (Jun '13) 6 hr Lisa loveless 4
Leslie phelps 8 hr -she 2
Hillbilly/Lewis Payton 9 hr poptart 2
Elizabethtown Dating
Find my Match

Elizabethtown Jobs

Elizabethtown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elizabethtown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elizabethtown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]