Not enough Smiles

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jul 12, 2012
If you have the change, do something nice for somebody today!!
When you are at the drive-thru, pay for the person's food behind you.(If you can afford it, of course).
Just a small gesture to make someone smile today.
It'll make you smile too!!

There are other little things you can to too:
-Give an extra tip to your server while your out.
-Hold the door open for someone.
-Let someone in front of you in the grocery store line.

If anyone has other ideas, post em!!!
Thing are getting way too negative and everbody seems mad or stressed out these days.

One little smile can make the day so much better!!!
Steph

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jul 14, 2012
I agree 100%! Almost everything on here is negative and I'm so happy to see something positive finally posted. I live by paying it forward...and hopefully at least one person will see this and something positive will come from it! We need more people like you!:-)
Giving it a try

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jul 23, 2012
Just read this and I'm getting ready to drive thru to get some dinner. Think I will pay for whoever is behind me..just hope it isn't a car-load..or somebody on a food run for a big bunch of people!!
Sheila

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jul 24, 2012
Strangely enough it happened to me over the weekend. I was going through a McDonalds drive-thru here in Johnson City to get a small meal for my daughter. By the time I got to the pay window, the clerk said the guy ahead of me already paid for mine. He was driving a silver or light gray convertible. Never got the chance to thank him. I too will pay it forward at my next drive thru.
Thank you Mr Silver Convertible whomever you are!
Not enough Smiles wrote:
When you are at the drive-thru, pay for the person's food behind you.(If you can afford it, of course).
Thing are getting way too negative and everbody seems mad or stressed out these days.
Steph

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jul 24, 2012
Amazing! Thank you both for sharing. Hopefully if we keep spreading the word and more people are able to feel the enjoyment of helping others, we can help our community...even if it is just a little.:-)
wish_u_knew

Dayton, OH

#6 Jul 24, 2012
amazingly this just happened to my parents about a week ago i think it is great that there are some down right nice people still left in this world.
Cookie

Johnson City, TN

#7 Jul 24, 2012
Same thing happened to me at the McDonalds in Elizabethton about 2 weeks ago. I went through the drive thru one morning on my way to work and when i got up to pay, she said the guy in front of me had paid for mine. I thought well that's great so now I have a extra 4.00 so I paid for the car behind me and it was exactly what mine would have been. I got beside the guy who paid for mine, he smiled, saluted and drove off. Not many of those guys left. Sometimes it's just the little things that make you smile. It's not about the money it's knowing that there are still good people out there.
Sara

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jul 25, 2012
A friend of mine had this happen to her last week also!! It made her day!!
There R Nice People

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jul 29, 2012
Thank you for the nice post.
Not enough Smiles wrote:
Kirk

United States

#10 Jul 31, 2012
I wish these things would happen to me. I try to do nice things for strangers all the time but all I've gotten at a restaurant was my hubcaps stolen once.
There R Nice People

Johnson City, TN

#11 Aug 6, 2012
One of my coworkers told me today a driver ahead of her paid for hers at the McDonalds drive through. Very sweet.
Quit

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Aug 11, 2012
Lets just quit talking abou people on topix
Oproha

Jonesborough, TN

#13 Aug 12, 2012
Do it all the time
Paid my McDonalds order

Johnson City, TN

#14 Aug 23, 2013
THANK YOU to the cool guy in front of me who bought my Mcdonalds meal for me at the drive through today. No idea where you went afterwards so I could thank you.
Like It

Kingsport, TN

#15 Aug 24, 2013
Love this thread! I'm going to make a suggestion and if even one person does it, it will be gratifying to me. Do you have an older person or older couple in your neighborhood? The next time you grill hamburgers, throw an extra one or two on the bbq and take it over, complete with "fixings." Older people love this treat--many of them can't manage cooking on a grill anymore and the flavor of the burgers brings back so many wonderful memories of backyard cookouts they had years ago. Let me know if you do this. It will bring such joy to your life and their's.
Samantha J

Johnson City, TN

#16 Sep 1, 2013
Nice people.
Yes

Kingsport, TN

#17 Sep 3, 2013
Like It wrote:
Love this thread! I'm going to make a suggestion and if even one person does it, it will be gratifying to me. Do you have an older person or older couple in your neighborhood? The next time you grill hamburgers, throw an extra one or two on the bbq and take it over, complete with "fixings." Older people love this treat--many of them can't manage cooking on a grill anymore and the flavor of the burgers brings back so many wonderful memories of backyard cookouts they had years ago. Let me know if you do this. It will bring such joy to your life and their's.
Wonderful idea!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ed and Dr. Roper 32 min Was there 4
Britney Knight is HOT (Dec '13) 3 hr titty master 111
tara carden (Jan '12) 7 hr hollerkaust 5
Jason Witten E:60 11 hr Justme 2
city council and school board election 11 hr mary poppins 24
Bonnie Kate Cafe 12 hr zombiehunter 4
Dylan at it again, beats up 63 year old papaw (Dec '11) 14 hr papaw 22
Ed Alexander announces retirement 19 hr Elizabethton Parent 5
the sheriff was voted in to do a job Mon bob 47
Elizabethton Dating