Child hit by dump truck

Oct 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Elizabethton Star

The Elizabethton Police Department, Elizabethton Fire Department and Carter County Rescue Squad were called to the intersection at 1:20 p.m. Thursday.

Comments
101 - 120 of 553 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2013
Mom that was on Suboxone

Pennington Gap, VA

#101 Oct 14, 2012
I was not there did not see what happened and do not know anyone involved. Just live locally saw it on the news and read this whole topic. Im not condoning anyone or agreeing with anyone other than those who are praying for ALL involved. Just wanted to educate deadbeat and others who don't know. Suboxone was a blessing to me and my kids. Because of it they have a full time over involved in their lives mom.
Nomore

Johnson City, TN

#102 Oct 14, 2012
wondering wrote:
Ever heard of shock? Huh? You low life piece of shit? Let them grieve in their own way!!
You got that tangled up I am not the low life here just the one that calls it like it is....I have raised a child and NEVER would I have turned him loose or let him away from me in a situation like this.....could it be the drugs clouded her judgement...I would say so...
OMG

Alcoa, TN

#103 Oct 14, 2012
pfffft wrote:
<quoted text>OMG
This afternoon I saw the mother walking with other children, the children ran across the road to meet up with her.. to which she screamed "Get out of the &%*#& Road! We lost one child this week due to stupidity, we don't need to lose another one!!"

Not only is that morbid, but to say that to another child?! And is she calling her dead child "Stupid"? He was only 4 years old!
Nurse

Johnson City, TN

#104 Oct 14, 2012
Mom that was on Suboxone wrote:
<quoted text>
For you Deadbeat who is uneducated about Suboxone... You do not get JUICED on suboxone. Suboxone is a maintance drug the helps curve the withdrawls from opiods. Suboxone does not make you HIGH in ANY way. If she was on Suboxone she was seeking help for addiction. All suboxone patients are closely monitored by doctors. If you fail drug tests they are required to remove you from the program. As a Suboxone patient you are required to attend NA/AA meetings and submit to random drug screens and pill or strip counts. You have till end of the business day to go for your random count and drug test. If she was on Suboxone she was trying to get help. It does not make you feel high in any way. Only prevents sickness! Oh and it also contains Naloxone which is a opiate blocker so you can't feel opiods.
Actually, Suboxone is a combination of two drugs, buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine IS an opioid. The naloxone blooks the effects of Suboxone when someone decides to shoot it up. When taken under the tongue, like it is prescribed, the opiate effect is not blocked. Therefore, it stops people from trying to shoot it up....

You call it maintenance? I call it being addicted to another opiate.
Nomore

Johnson City, TN

#105 Oct 14, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I have just seen this thread for the first time, and I have read each post one by one... I have to say that yours is the STUPIDEST post I have read.
God did not "plan" for this little boy to be ran over. He did not tell him to run out into the street, nor did he tell his mother to be the kind of careless and irresponsible woman/mother that she is.
We all are given free will to live our life as we choose. The consequences of our actions, good or bad, are ours to live with. Do not blame God for this, because he had NOTHING to do with this horrible tragedy!!
Remarks like yours are the very reason that more people aren't in church.
Your wrong God has a hand in everything...he tells us in the Bible our days are numbered..does it not. It was the childs time to go...and just think how much better off he is tonight....he is in Heaven and happy...not here on earth in a bad situation like he was in.....Not blaming God for this...God called him home and that is the way it is or at least that is the way it is in my world. Don't really care if you agree or not but that is what the Bible says if you don't think so then read it...
Nomore

Johnson City, TN

#106 Oct 14, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
This afternoon I saw the mother walking with other children, the children ran across the road to meet up with her.. to which she screamed "Get out of the &%*#& Road! We lost one child this week due to stupidity, we don't need to lose another one!!"
Not only is that morbid, but to say that to another child?! And is she calling her dead child "Stupid"? He was only 4 years old!
Please tell me this was not the same family....The child was killed because of his mothers STUPIDITY we are given them to guide until they know the difference of right and wrong this kid didn't know what was wrong or right...his mother should have...so it is not his fault...no 4 year old kid knows better than to run in the street..we are suposse to take care of them until they know that if they do this they can get hurt or even worse things like this happen.
OMG

Johnson City, TN

#107 Oct 14, 2012
Nomore wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wrong God has a hand in everything...he tells us in the Bible our days are numbered..does it not. It was the childs time to go...and just think how much better off he is tonight....he is in Heaven and happy...not here on earth in a bad situation like he was in.....Not blaming God for this...God called him home and that is the way it is or at least that is the way it is in my world. Don't really care if you agree or not but that is what the Bible says if you don't think so then read it...
No... You're wrong. What a great defense for the mother.... It wasn't my carelessness or neglect your honor, God called him home so it was out of my hands.

Just think about how STUPID that is!!!!!
OMG

Alcoa, TN

#108 Oct 14, 2012
Nomore wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me this was not the same family....The child was killed because of his mothers STUPIDITY we are given them to guide until they know the difference of right and wrong this kid didn't know what was wrong or right...his mother should have...so it is not his fault...no 4 year old kid knows better than to run in the street..we are suposse to take care of them until they know that if they do this they can get hurt or even worse things like this happen.


Afraid so! Ya know, even ducks that cross the road with their babies do a better job than some people. I hadn't planned on saying anything about this but after this afternoon and seeing that.. it broke my heart! I hope that her family that gets on all the web news sites will stop defending her and HELP her. She needs help.. her reputation is already gone and nothing you can say can ever fix that, but you can help save the remaining children in this woman's life!

I am truly sorry for your loss but this won't be the last of your losses if you continue to let this woman neglect her children. Think of them!
OMG

Johnson City, TN

#109 Oct 14, 2012
ok.... somebody else is using the same name as me and posting about seeing this mom today with her other children running across the street to her. this is NOT me!!! not saying this isn't true, but sounds a little bizarre to me.
OMG2

Alcoa, TN

#110 Oct 14, 2012
sorry about that :)

I am the one who saw the mother today.
OMG2

Alcoa, TN

#111 Oct 14, 2012
Sorry, OMG! I didn't refresh my webpage and didn't see you until it was too late. Forgive me.:)
RIP

Hollywood, FL

#112 Oct 14, 2012
I know someone who saw it happen. Said the little boy ran off to catch the dog that got away from Tiffani.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#113 Oct 14, 2012
WOW. To the people that live in carter county- have you not seen this woman on the news? Come on, have some common sense! She can barely speak English, because she is so dumb! She is a giant piece of smoking shit who needs to serve her entire life in prison. I hope you're reading this you dumb bitch, if I see you out, I'll kill you with MY car. She wasn't even close to her son at all, and she said she was an inch away. I'm sorry, but if she was only an inch away, then why didn't she get hit? This woman is already in trouble with narcotics. Now she needs to be put behind bars, and someone that's a CARING parent needs to take the other child/children. I can't believe you people believe her nonsensical lies??! She is just another trashy, piece of shit, worthless, slutty mom who deserves to be torchered. She is probably partying right now, because now she has one child she doesn't have to take care of. People are so stupid.
RIP

Hollywood, FL

#114 Oct 14, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
This afternoon I saw the mother walking with other children, the children ran across the road to meet up with her.. to which she screamed "Get out of the &%*#& Road! We lost one child this week due to stupidity, we don't need to lose another one!!"
Not only is that morbid, but to say that to another child?! And is she calling her dead child "Stupid"? He was only 4 years old!
She was more than likely meaning the stupid one was that poor truck driver. Either way, she shouldn't be yelling something like that to the other children. I thought she only had one other child?
Wanna Know

Johnson City, TN

#115 Oct 14, 2012
Lemonade wrote:
Well, I had a small child. She didn't jerk away from me when she was little. She knew better. When I was small, I sure didn't jerk away from my mom, because I knew better.
It's amazing how people will explain away an event without knowing any of the facts. I'm not casting blame on anyone at this point, but quit explaining away what happened and calling it an "accident" if you really don't know the facts.
Lemonade, we don't know all the facts, that is true, but we all know it sure wasn't a "planned event," and we know that surely the driver of the truck didn't WANT to hit the boy. You sound a little sanctimonious (look it up in the dictionary) about how well you were taught and how well your child was taught. I think your opinion is mean spirited, like saying that the mother wasn't a good mother because she didn't teach her boy to hold her hand.
Wanna Know

Johnson City, TN

#116 Oct 14, 2012
I saw the mother and father on the news and I felt so bad for them. But there is one thing the mother said that is really bothering me. She said the boy was four feet tall and that she knew the truck driver saw him and hit him anyway. I hope she is just in shock and feeling like she has to "blame" something or somebody because I can't believe that the man would intentionally hit that child. I have heard through friends that he is totally inconsolable that the boy darted in front of him so quickly that there was absolutely nothing he could do.
Nomore

Johnson City, TN

#117 Oct 14, 2012
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
No... You're wrong. What a great defense for the mother.... It wasn't my carelessness or neglect your honor, God called him home so it was out of my hands.
Just think about how STUPID that is!!!!!
You are a idiot...I take it you don't read the Bible or do you believe in God...if you did you would know just how stupid this statement is.
Nomore

Johnson City, TN

#118 Oct 14, 2012
Wanna Know wrote:
I saw the mother and father on the news and I felt so bad for them. But there is one thing the mother said that is really bothering me. She said the boy was four feet tall and that she knew the truck driver saw him and hit him anyway. I hope she is just in shock and feeling like she has to "blame" something or somebody because I can't believe that the man would intentionally hit that child. I have heard through friends that he is totally inconsolable that the boy darted in front of him so quickly that there was absolutely nothing he could do.
I am sure that he did run in front of him and there was nothing he could do...you can't stop a big truck like that and neither can you see something that small in front of you....the only thing is on the News cast where she was putting the blame on the truck driver which was stupid did you see any tears...I didn't...I couldn't do it. I am sure we are going to hear she was medicated but I am sure that if it was my child they wouldn't make that much medication....I think we will see a big lawsuit comming but after the review of the bank tape...there might not be any use....she may be in jail.
Etown

Elizabethton, TN

#119 Oct 14, 2012
Who did the interview with the mother ? any idea where I can find it ??
OMG2

Alcoa, TN

#120 Oct 14, 2012
Nomore wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a idiot...I take it you don't read the Bible or do you believe in God...if you did you would know just how stupid this statement is.
You are speaking to OMG... I'm OMG2 :)

I DO read the bible and the bible says that our days are numbered just as the hairs on our head are numbered. Giving to the idea that we have a certain number of days which to live. However, later on the bible also says that we can shorten our days as well.. So I take that verse above that to say: that an all loving God, in his infinite wisdom is telling us that he KNOWS how many days we have upon the earth (If he didn't, he wouldn't be God) He doesn't shorten our days.. we CAN though. and being God, he does in fact know the day and hour that we will leave our body. He is just saying that he knows our death date but he also knows that we can shorten our own days as well.. He isn't restrained by time or the unknown and unforeseen like we are.. he knows. That's my interpretation anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
layn it down ,, nah !! 32 min curious 22
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 37 min here now 146,186
Still no horses allowed the Tweetsie Trail 1 hr Gomer 30
Constables exploiting the youth clubs!!! 2 hr Truth 17
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr TheRealZeke 9,331
happy valley football 4 hr jarun 13
New Sheriff in Town 4 hr Voter 49
Ed Alexander at it again. Another principal out. (Mar '13) 13 hr City parent 1,143
•••
•••
•••

Elizabethton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elizabethton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Elizabethton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elizabethton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••