Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2009
Anonymous

Wimberley, TX

#1 Aug 30, 2008
How can an admitted thief get away with stealing hundreds of dollars from a volunteer organization and get away with it. The humane socitey, it's volunteers, and most important the animals suffer when the ex manager steals it blindly and the courts do NOTHING.. Oh well only in Texas can a Canine Officer shoot a pet in the head while trespassing on private property, steal from a volunteer group, and an officer not assist a family with a dying pet to the vet. I guess you can always get another one.. Right another thief, another cruel officer, and another strong armed cop.
PMM

Austin, TX

#2 Oct 20, 2008
Maybe you should know all the facts before you start judging.
anonymous

Wimberley, TX

#3 Oct 31, 2008
Righly I do know the facts and this is not judging anyone! A crime felony or misdemeanor is a crime and should not and will not go unpunished there are no different facts other thatn theft and that is the fact>>>>
Passionate for pets

Wimberley, TX

#4 Jan 4, 2009
What I have just been hearing about this --- what kind of laws does this country have that protects thiefs especially form a animal shelter. This person should be held accountable and locked up in a pen just like the animals they stoe from.....
pmm

Austin, TX

#5 Jan 5, 2009
First of all you have no proof unless you are President or Vice President of this organization. You have seen nothing on paper. The shelter manager was in fact brought up in front of the grand jury and found no contest. Now its over.
Peace Officer

Wimberley, TX

#6 Jan 12, 2009
Cases are taken before a Grand Jury and the evidence is presented. There is no defense material submitted to the Grand Jury. The Grand Jury return one of two verdicts; a True Bill which is an indightment, or a No Bill which means that there was not sufficent evidence presented to take the case to trial. There is no such thing as No Contest. No Contest is a plea at a trial where the defendant accepts the penalty without entering a plea. No Contest is not a Guilty plea.
Anonymous

Wimberley, TX

#7 Jan 28, 2009
pmm wrote:
First of all you have no proof unless you are President or Vice President of this organization. You have seen nothing on paper. The shelter manager was in fact brought up in front of the grand jury and found no contest. Now its over.
\\

Your ignorance is precedent ! It is part of the court records and by the way those are public record. Ther is also a board and all those members I am sure are aware, also bank employees etc.... and for your information NO CONTEST does not mean NOT GUILTY and allows this tieif to walk in your community I am so glad I do not live in Elgin hahahah
Anonymous

Wimberley, TX

#8 Jan 28, 2009
Peace Officer wrote:
Cases are taken before a Grand Jury and the evidence is presented. There is no defense material submitted to the Grand Jury. The Grand Jury return one of two verdicts; a True Bill which is an indightment, or a No Bill which means that there was not sufficent evidence presented to take the case to trial. There is no such thing as No Contest. No Contest is a plea at a trial where the defendant accepts the penalty without entering a plea. No Contest is not a Guilty plea.
HMMM direct admission is not evidence even in writting.... hmmm I question our laws on this county...
Giddings Resident

Wimberley, TX

#9 Jan 28, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>\\
Your ignorance is precedent ! It is part of the court records and by the way those are public record. Ther is also a board and all those members I am sure are aware, also bank employees etc.... and for your information NO CONTEST does not mean NOT GUILTY and allows this tieif to walk in your community I am so glad I do not live in Elgin hahahah
Wht do you mean only a President and Vice President. I'm sure as in any organization there are Board Members, committees and volunteers so I would think there woud be plenty of individuals aware. I am so disappointed in the outcomes of incidents like this in Bastrop county so who do the laws protect?
Giddings Resident

Wimberley, TX

#10 Jan 28, 2009
PMM wrote:
Maybe you should know all the facts before you start judging.
You know them ? Why are you priviledged?
Giddings Resident

Wimberley, TX

#11 Jan 28, 2009
pmm wrote:
First of all you have no proof unless you are President or Vice President of this organization. You have seen nothing on paper. The shelter manager was in fact brought up in front of the grand jury and found no contest. Now its over.
From what I understand this idividual has quite a history and seems to get aw with alot what a shame our court system allows criminals to do this no matter how minor the crime.
Giddings Resident

Wimberley, TX

#12 Jan 28, 2009
Passionate for pets wrote:
What I have just been hearing about this --- what kind of laws does this country have that protects thiefs especially form a animal shelter. This person should be held accountable and locked up in a pen just like the animals they stoe from.....
Get involved with the Elgin Humane Society help repair the damage done and assist in getting good homes for these lovely animals. The harm 1 individual has done is taking along time to get over. It takes many hours of volunteer time to raise money enough to feed, provide shelter, warn beds, medical care and love. But one person took from so many loving animals without remorse. THE group of individualS I have met are wonderful caring people who give so much of themselves. It is hard to trust people anymore especially when the bad ones don't even get a slap on the wrist for crimes. I can only assume that Bastrop County does not feel animal care is a necessity of this community, how sad!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous in Elgin

Wimberley, TX

#13 Jan 28, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>\\
Your ignorance is precedent ! It is part of the court records and by the way those are public record. There is also a board and all those members I am sure are aware, also bank employees etc.... and for your information NO CONTEST does not mean NOT GUILTY and allows this thief to walk in your community I am so glad I do not live in Elgin
I AGREE IT WILL NEVER BE OVER I hope this person feels shame for the rest of their lives but I seriously doubt it without any compassion. This event will never die out in ELGIN as long as this individual is taking up space in this community they are not to be trusted. and my the way it was "NO BILL" not NOT GUILTY and the individual is guilty.....
Prefer 2B Anonymous

Wimberley, TX

#14 Feb 24, 2009
I not only know who PMM is - Patty - but can't believe she could sit here and state that someone should "know all the facts" insinuating that the manager stealing from the shelter wasn't true. She was privy to the information, the letter of resignation of this manager, and heard the confession with her own ears. How do I know? I was there. Shame! As far as Bastrop county's Grand Jury, that must've been a grand joke. The evidence was presented to the police. If it made it to the GJ, why was it not prosecuted? Did it even make it to the Grand Jury from the police? Makes no sense to me. Our shelter has suffered at the hands of a person who is still walking free without having had to pay back a red cent. There were pictures of her at the ATM when she withdrew money and she confessed before a board of 9 both in her letter of resignation and verbally. Sickens me. The sum of money has cost in the comfort and care of the animals we have. Exta money means the saving of more lives. She's still free. Thanks "manager" - thanks Bastrop.
what happened

United States

#15 Feb 26, 2009
Prefer 2B Anonymous wrote:
I not only know who PMM is - Patty - but can't believe she could sit here and state that someone should "know all the facts" insinuating that the manager stealing from the shelter wasn't true. She was privy to the information, the letter of resignation of this manager, and heard the confession with her own ears. How do I know? I was there. Shame! As far as Bastrop county's Grand Jury, that must've been a grand joke. The evidence was presented to the police. If it made it to the GJ, why was it not prosecuted? Did it even make it to the Grand Jury from the police? Makes no sense to me. Our shelter has suffered at the hands of a person who is still walking free without having had to pay back a red cent. There were pictures of her at the ATM when she withdrew money and she confessed before a board of 9 both in her letter of resignation and verbally. Sickens me. The sum of money has cost in the comfort and care of the animals we have. Exta money means the saving of more lives. She's still free. Thanks "manager" - thanks Bastrop.
I live in Elgin and have no clue of what you are talking about? Can you give me the details of this? This person should pay for stealing and from the humane society??? Oh my goodness!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 min Liberal forever 17,871
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 24 min Wow Wee 721
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Donnie 22,284
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Thu Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Aug 21 Gasman 523
•••
•••

Elgin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elgin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Elgin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elgin
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••