Police: Racing on I-10 results in 1-dead

Full story: El Paso Times

El Paso police continue to investigate a traffic crash last night that may have been the result of two vehicles racing on Interstate 10 West near McRae.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of331
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Richard Love

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

The two raceing drivers need to be charged with murder. I hope that they get what they deserve. That person didn't have to die.
Come on

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Pleasce Richard change Love out of your name. Boys will be Boys. This is why it is called an accident. They did not mean to kill the person. Kids Racing is part of growing up. I think we need to look at the big picture here . For one these kids racing have full lives ahead of them. What we need to look at here is all the corpution in el paso, We don't provide enough for the young folks to do instead developers and crooked politicians pocket any money we could invest in entertainment for young people. Stop building so many house ,help the apartment businesses at the same time property values will go up but the city only cares about is new tax payers. Don't blame the Boys . City Hall should be charged with this death.
yolanda

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

I just drove by the scene and it is horrible!!!! Those kids should not have been racing!!!! Boy's will be boy's....come on! They know the differance between right and wrong and I hope they get charged with murder, what if it was your car with your kids in it wouldn't you feel different? It's such a tragedy.
Hollywood

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Come on wrote:
Pleasce Richard change Love out of your name. Boys will be Boys. This is why it is called an accident. They did not mean to kill the person. Kids Racing is part of growing up. I think we need to look at the big picture here . For one these kids racing have full lives ahead of them. What we need to look at here is all the corpution in el paso, We don't provide enough for the young folks to do instead developers and crooked politicians pocket any money we could invest in entertainment for young people. Stop building so many house ,help the apartment businesses at the same time property values will go up but the city only cares about is new tax payers. Don't blame the Boys . City Hall should be charged with this death.
Yes, this is clearly the fault of corruption in El Paso and not bad judgement on the part of these "boys".<Sarcasim > I get the feeling Come on might be one of these "boys".
huh

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Come on wrote:
The only racing my brothers and I did was on the track. Boys will boys is a bs excuse.
El Paso Rez

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

What the heck does city hall have to do with two irresponsible racers that killed someone? Gee, let me go play with a gun and accidentally shoot someone....oops it was an accident. Wait....let me blame someone else. Unfortunately our youth have that habit of blaming someone else for their mistakes. I hope they prosecute these two racers to full extent of the law. Maybe they'll learn.
SpartanSkez

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Come on wrote:
are you insane? boys will be boys? what the H E L L does that mean!! Those 'boys' KILLED someone, you IDIOT. Yeah, blame the corruption and blah, blah, blah, moron. The fact that this idiot 'punks' didn't have the sense to not do what they were doing, is being defended because some one didn't FORCE them to go to the YMCA to play basketball instead of racing on I-10.??? YOUR take on this is exactly what is wrong in the world today. Boys will be boys, what a stupid thing to say.
Jaime Herrera

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Houston has a problem. I saw the crash from the other side of the highway, minutes after it happened. It looked like half of our police force was out there steering traffic away from the crime scene. If kids like speeding, they can always join the Air Force. This had nothing to do with fun - it was sheer recklessness.
Dr C

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Pertaining to those comments above, the media says they were racing. This is not known yet. El Paso is going to continue to have to deal with things like this until the community wakes up and provides a place for people to go and race or gather safely or legally. Racing has been around since the invention of cars, its nothing new. Blame our community for failing to provide a place to do it safely!! And blame the media for wanting to boost ratings by writing an empty tragic story without any effort to evoke a constructive response from the readers. Instead the focus of the article should be the need to get this growing sport and hobby off the streets into a safe controlled environment...I'm saddened to be back in El Paso. The city that refuses to progress. Lets see how many death's it takes for this city to wake up!
Rube

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Come on wrote:
But killing people ISN'T part of growing up!
HEB

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

THEY SHOULD ALL GO TO JAIL!!ALONG, WITH THEIR PARENTS.
pat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Come on wrote:
your being stupid these kids were being stupid..boys will be boys mentality is why kids act the way they do because of parents like you..i agree we need more thing for young kids to do what if it had been one your loved ones killed then would you be saying boys will be boys..I think not....
pat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Dr C wrote:
Pertaining to those comments above, the media says they were racing. This is not known yet. El Paso is going to continue to have to deal with things like this until the community wakes up and provides a place for people to go and race or gather safely or legally. Racing has been around since the invention of cars, its nothing new. Blame our community for failing to provide a place to do it safely!! And blame the media for wanting to boost ratings by writing an empty tragic story without any effort to evoke a constructive response from the readers. Instead the focus of the article should be the need to get this growing sport and hobby off the streets into a safe controlled environment...I'm saddened to be back in El Paso. The city that refuses to progress. Lets see how many death's it takes for this city to wake up!
I thought they had a place for them to race...some kids used to go to west Texas airport ...I agree they should have a place for them to race away from the streets let them kill each other not other people..
The Black Dahlia Murder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Pendejos?

Since: Feb 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Dr C wrote:
Pertaining to those comments above, the media says they were racing. This is not known yet. El Paso is going to continue to have to deal with things like this until the community wakes up and provides a place for people to go and race or gather safely or legally. Racing has been around since the invention of cars, its nothing new. Blame our community for failing to provide a place to do it safely!! And blame the media for wanting to boost
ratings by writing an empty tragic story without any effort to evoke a constructive response from the readers. Instead the focus of the article should be the need to get this growing sport and hobby off the streets into a safe controlled environment...I'm saddened to be back in El Paso. The city that refuses to progress. Lets see how many death's it takes for this city to wake up!
This whole notion that we need to provide a setting for legal racing is ludicrous. If you want to race a car, BECOME A PROFESSIONAL RACE CAR DRIVER. Half of El Paso drivers have no business behind the wheel of anything, even a golf cart. An even greater percentage would not know how to handle a car at high speed. Anyone that knowingly drives recklessly and kills someone in the process needs to be charged with at least voluntary manslaughter.
No accident

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

I don't know if any of you remember about 9 months ago, Las Cruces native Barney Rawson was killed in IL by, you guessed it, a street racing punk. This IS NO ACCIDENT! It would have been an accident if they were speeding to the hospital because someone was sick/dying/going into labor. But racing just for the "fun" of it is idiotic! Not only do I believe this is no accident, I would go so far as to charge them with premeditated murder. They had full inentions of getting into that car and driving excessively fast for no reason other than entertainment. How entertaining is it now????? I am not saying I have never sped in my life, but NEVER for the same of showing how cool I am. That just shows stupidity!

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Dr C wrote:
There are places to race. Every city has them. L.A has dozens of tracks that open up to amateurs, yet there are still those who disregard the safety of sane drivers and insist on racing on city streets and freeways. Why? Because there is little consequence in doing so.

I might add that it doesn't help when teens and drivers in general WITNESS POLICE CRUISERS DRIVING AT HIGH SPEED DOWN BUSY THOROUGHFARES WITH NO SIRENS ON.

“Proud Skeptic!”

El Paso

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Dr C wrote:
Once upon a time people could race at EP Speedway Park when no other pro racing was going on. Is this not the case anymore?
Regardless saying it's okay to race on the interstate just because they don't have a track to race on is like saying it's okay to target shoot my rifle in my backyard because there is no range available. Both activities put other people in danger and are NOT okay.
joey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Independent Miguel wrote:
<quoted text>
This whole notion that we need to provide a setting for legal racing is ludicrous. If you want to race a car, BECOME A PROFESSIONAL RACE CAR DRIVER. Half of El Paso drivers have no business behind the wheel of anything, even a golf cart. An even greater percentage would not know how to handle a car at high speed. Anyone that knowingly drives recklessly and kills someone in the process needs to be charged with at least voluntary manslaughter.
well said
Gsan

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

I agree that these kids or young adults (still don't know how old)should be punished to the fullest. Morals? Well, they did make the decision to put everything at stake and here is the result. Now it is up to the parents to step up to the plate and apologize to them and to the families of the people involved for letting their little "Mijitos" grow up with such morals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of331
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the El Paso Forum right now

Search the El Paso Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why is la puppet afraid of pig faced mexicants? 2 min JCCD 1
Should Petro be Banned from this Forum? (Aug '12) 17 min JCCD 1,908
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 22 min wow 16,062
Pig Face Mexicans Harming USA Citizens 56 min DC Dave 50
PigFace Mexicans Ringing on Doorbell 1 hr SJM 4
Sociopath, if the shoe fits wear it... 1 hr Rolling Papers 6
El Paso's first ASIAN tv news reporter! 2 hr Fletcher Grey 8
•••

Fire Warning for El Paso County was issued at April 23 at 7:44AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

El Paso Jobs

•••