Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
29,381 - 29,400 of 49,541 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#34154 Jun 8, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
i really don't know what new houses cost here where i live. the prices vary wildly. most people, however, aren't interested much in building one family houses anymore, but prefer to buy apartments in highrise bldgs.
i moved out of the u.s. more than 15 years ago when i accepted, and was accepted by the church where i now serve. my brother, however, still lives in rochester and was telling me that houses in the suburbs are now well over a million dollars, and as high as 5 million. of course he may be blowing sunshine up my skirt, though. he does that. i have no idea what the housing market is doing in the outlying areas. i'm sure that it can be found out over the internet.
He he. You're brother's exaggerating a tad. You can get a pretty decent house in the burbs in the low 100's. I occasionally watch the showcase of homes on Sundays. Anything approaching a million would be huge with sizable acreage.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34155 Jun 8, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
He he. You're brother's exaggerating a tad. You can get a pretty decent house in the burbs in the low 100's. I occasionally watch the showcase of homes on Sundays. Anything approaching a million would be huge with sizable acreage.
i think that he was referring to brighton, pittsford, and now webster. what about those areas? as far as i'm concerned victor, farmington and canandaigua aren't suburbs of rochester.
Hot Dog

Enfield, IL

#34158 Jun 8, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet Jesus, no wonder you think teachers are rich. The average 3 bedroom home where I live goes for $560,000
I am glad I have a new 2000 square foot home, that is nice for a fraction of that price.LOL I think I will stay here where it is cheaper to live.LOL For $560,000 you could own almost a mansion with an inground pool. WOW! You would be considered living a rich lifestyle, there is not many homes for sale with that price in our area.LOL We sold a nice (average) brick, three bedroom home with garage it had really nice kitchen for 49,000, it was about 1300ft. I didn't like it because it was on a 60x150 ft lot. Too close to neighbors.LOL Do you live in a big city?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#34159 Jun 8, 2012
Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad I have a new 2000 square foot home, that is nice for a fraction of that price.LOL I think I will stay here where it is cheaper to live.LOL For $560,000 you could own almost a mansion with an inground pool. WOW! You would be considered living a rich lifestyle, there is not many homes for sale with that price in our area.LOL We sold a nice (average) brick, three bedroom home with garage it had really nice kitchen for 49,000, it was about 1300ft. I didn't like it because it was on a 60x150 ft lot. Too close to neighbors.LOL Do you live in a big city?
Right across the Hudson River from midtown Manhattan.
Hot Dog

Enfield, IL

#34160 Jun 8, 2012
Oh, yea, you live in a big city!LOL Well, now we know why we all have different views.LOL

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#34161 Jun 8, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
i think that he was referring to brighton, pittsford, and now webster. what about those areas? as far as i'm concerned victor, farmington and canandaigua aren't suburbs of rochester.
All still reasonable, depending on the neighborhood. I don't consider Farmington and Canandaigua suburbs of Rochester, either. But the home prices in the more rural areas are going for dirt cheap, as well as in the city. There are some beautiful, historical homes in the city, and I'd love to own one, but they're usually surrounded by run-down neighborhoods.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34162 Jun 8, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
All still reasonable, depending on the neighborhood. I don't consider Farmington and Canandaigua suburbs of Rochester, either. But the home prices in the more rural areas are going for dirt cheap, as well as in the city. There are some beautiful, historical homes in the city, and I'd love to own one, but they're usually surrounded by run-down neighborhoods.
i doubt that you've ever really seen a 'run down neighborhood'.*lol* come and look at the favelas.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34163 Jun 8, 2012
Hot Dog wrote:
Oh, yea, you live in a big city!LOL Well, now we know why we all have different views.LOL
the metrocity we now live in is a good bit larger.*grin*

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34164 Jun 8, 2012
Hot Dog wrote:
Oh, yea, you live in a big city!LOL Well, now we know why we all have different views.LOL
use google maps to find são caetano do sul, brazil and then zoom in on it. that's the suburb we now live in.
Hot Dog

Enfield, IL

#34166 Jun 9, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
use google maps to find são caetano do sul, brazil and then zoom in on it. that's the suburb we now live in.
Wow, I checked on property that was for sale.LOL I think I will stay right here. I would work my entire life away, trying to get something that I already have.LOL I don't think I will complain again, about how much things cost. LOL The weather would be nice, tropical weather would be a plus. I will stay here where I can live comfortable on one job. LOL
Hot Dog

Enfield, IL

#34167 Jun 9, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
All still reasonable, depending on the neighborhood. I don't consider Farmington and Canandaigua suburbs of Rochester, either. But the home prices in the more rural areas are going for dirt cheap, as well as in the city. There are some beautiful, historical homes in the city, and I'd love to own one, but they're usually surrounded by run-down neighborhoods.
My family owned an old Historical Mansion, 6000 square ft located on the Ohio River in Southern Illinois. They bought it just so they could decorate it for fun. It was beautiful, they were only able to get 60,000 out of it. It was a charming little river town, with lots of history. A beautiful old victorian mansion, was a dream for them to redecorate. It was an amazing place, but the stairs got to them being seniors.
Joker

Sumner, IL

#34168 Jun 9, 2012
A young army private is home on leave. He is talking to his dad about his experience at jump school while learning to be a paratrooper.

"Dad" he says, "on my first jump, I froze up at the door on the plane. A big black Sergent standing behind me told me that if I didn't jump, he was gonna cram about 12 inches of dick up my @ss."

"Well did you jump?" asks his dad.

"Just a little at first" answered the boy.
Hot Dog

Enfield, IL

#34169 Jun 9, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
the metrocity we now live in is a good bit larger.*grin*
I looked it up. Living in the tropical areas, would be nice, instead of the cold. I bet you have seen and done a lot of interesting things there.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#34170 Jun 9, 2012
Just a big city wannabe
Hot Dog wrote:
Oh, yea, you live in a big city!LOL Well, now we know why we all have different views.LOL
Hot Dog

Enfield, IL

#34171 Jun 9, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
Just a big city wannabe
<quoted text>
No, I like the country. What is your deal? Are you jealous they have been talking to me, and not you?LOL Don't worry, you will have your time to play, when they get back.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#34172 Jun 9, 2012
I wasn't talking about you. The rest of your post is equally as poorly done
Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I like the country. What is your deal? Are you jealous they have been talking to me, and not you?LOL Don't worry, you will have your time to play, when they get back.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34173 Jun 9, 2012
Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I checked on property that was for sale.LOL I think I will stay right here. I would work my entire life away, trying to get something that I already have.LOL I don't think I will complain again, about how much things cost. LOL The weather would be nice, tropical weather would be a plus. I will stay here where I can live comfortable on one job. LOL
the nice4 thing is that if you come here, the value of your u.s. money doubles.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34174 Jun 9, 2012
Hot Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I like the country. What is your deal? Are you jealous they have been talking to me, and not you?LOL Don't worry, you will have your time to play, when they get back.
i much prefer the country, also. i grew up, partly in the mountains, and then in the flat lands of upstate n.y.

and he's jealous because nobody wants to talk to him at all. at one time he was alright to discuss things with, and was willing to learn something new, but then, i guess, he decided that those who were doing nothing but being nasty to everyone were having more fun... now he sits all alone in a corner playing with his belly button.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#34175 Jun 9, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
the nice4 thing is that if you come here, the value of your u.s. money doubles.
oh yeah... and the quality of life, for middle class, is a good bit higher here. not only is food cheaper, but, here, when people are thinking of where to spend their one month (mandatory) vacation they usually think of traveling to either europe for a month, or going to disney... most people here prefer europe, and they can afford to do it every year.
Hot Dog

Enfield, IL

#34176 Jun 9, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
the nice4 thing is that if you come here, the value of your u.s. money doubles.
You're kidding? I have always wanted to take a trip in that area, but I just haven't had the vacation time to do it, like I would like. I have a few more years before I can retire.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edwardsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
She's a homewrecker (Feb '14) 8 hr unkown 7
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 11 hr newpoly 1,910
Debate: Ferguson - Collinsville, IL Fri Senior 3
Class of 1977 35th Reunion (Jun '12) Fri bulldog 8
My Old School ....bar (Jan '09) Fri JRS1978 32
County Board approves levee repair tax (Aug '08) Fri TotallyNuts 4
keely wathan Aug 28 hmmm 1
•••
•••
•••

Edwardsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Edwardsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Edwardsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Edwardsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••