Comments
21 - 40 of 77 Comments Last updated Sep 30, 2010
bda 123

Glasgow, KY

#21 Jul 5, 2010
just me wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it was Jessi Ray...I live in Bardstown and he is my nephew. Please pray for our family. He was a great kid and he was very well loved. We will miss him. He had two children. Please just pray for us. His mom and sister both live in Edmonton.
I'm so sorry for your loss! It's a tragic thing to have to deal with please if you don't mind let me know when the arrangement will be, your family is in our thoughts a prayers! I'm so sorry!
just me789

Glasgow, KY

#22 Jul 5, 2010
to whom is concern wrote:
<quoted text> He loved that girl no matter what she did I feel sorry for that family
Yes, he did and it doesn't matter what happened in the past it's a terrible thing to have to deal with he will be greatly missed my thoughts and prayers are with her and his children, and most definately his family as well! RIP Jessie Ray Basil
Someone who cares

Glasgow, KY

#23 Jul 5, 2010
Nobody really knows how much she loved him. She is a good hearted person. She would give the shirt off her back. Yeah she made some mistakes but what about him doing crank. Before anyone runs there mouth. They need to know the whole story.
just me789

Glasgow, KY

#24 Jul 5, 2010
Someone who cares wrote:
Nobody really knows how much she loved him. She is a good hearted person. She would give the shirt off her back. Yeah she made some mistakes but what about him doing crank. Before anyone runs there mouth. They need to know the whole story.
You shouldn't be on here talking about him doing crank even if you think you know him, everyone makes their own mistakes him and her and it's no one business. Yes, they both have made their mistakes, and they are the ones who have to live with and ask for forgiveness! That's no ones business!
metcalfemom

Glasgow, KY

#25 Jul 6, 2010
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought he lived out on Hubbard Cemetary Road?
he did live on hubbard cemetery rd.we were neighbors.so sorry to hear about what happened.
sas231

Glasgow, KY

#26 Jul 6, 2010
yeah, i knew jesse. he was very funny and nice. i hope his family is doing okay. this is very sad. no one expected anything like this to happen. :/
a friend

Glasgow, KY

#27 Jul 6, 2010
Jessie was a great person and neighbor and so was Shenna . Jessie will be greatly missed. God bless him
just me

Bardstown, KY

#28 Jul 6, 2010
bda 123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so sorry for your loss! It's a tragic thing to have to deal with please if you don't mind let me know when the arrangement will be, your family is in our thoughts a prayers! I'm so sorry!
Arrangements have not been done at this time. Still waiting. Looks like he will be at Butler Funeral Home in Edmonton. If anyone would like to make a donation for funeral expenses please do so. His mother is Patti Metcalfe Basil. His sister is Lacy Hutchins. I guess you could go to the funeral home and make a donation there if you would like or instead of sending flowers just make a donation. A benefit is being planned to be held in a couple of weeks, the kentucky headhunters will be playing. Thank You all so much. When arrangements are done, I will post them on here.
so sorry

Brunswick, OH

#29 Jul 6, 2010
jessie was a friend of mine in school and my family just went thru this same exact thing...I am truely sorry for your family...this is soo tragic...R.I.P. Jessie Basil...May you always rest in peace...
MrNice

Glasgow, KY

#30 Jul 6, 2010
was he working for cleary const in r-ville think i might know him so sad . thoughts and prayers from my home to yours.
MrNice

Glasgow, KY

#31 Jul 6, 2010
t-ville
yeah

Glasgow, KY

#32 Jul 7, 2010
who is his wife..how old was he there is two in metcalfe. one was married to casey parke right?
wondering

Cave City, KY

#33 Jul 7, 2010
If they ever found out who the boy was that was with Jessie when he wrecked? my neighbor said he heard the crash.ran outside looked down the road and seen this boy standing in the road,he was holding his face and this lady had stopped asking him if he was o.k.anybody know who it was?
tidal

Glasgow, KY

#34 Jul 7, 2010
yeah wrote:
who is his wife..how old was he there is two in metcalfe. one was married to casey parke right?
no, casey was a basil and married a parke. Not the same person.
Tired of Edmonton gossip

Glasgow, KY

#35 Jul 7, 2010
Idk y everyone wanting to know everything if u was close enough to have nething to do with him you would of known everything that happens and no there was no boy with him he was alone but I think everyone should just let the famly and friend grieve b4 u say the wrong thing to wrong person and wind up severly hurt bc this loss has placed a great deal of hurt on the friends and family and we do not need a bunch of nosy Edmonton ppl running there mouth and stretching every thing and they don't know nething. If u all have ne good hearted about y'all Just let him R.I..P and let his family friends grieve
just me

Chaplin, KY

#36 Jul 7, 2010
bda 123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so sorry for your loss! It's a tragic thing to have to deal with please if you don't mind let me know when the arrangement will be, your family is in our thoughts a prayers! I'm so sorry!
Visitation 3-8 on thursday at Butler funeral home. Friday from 9-2. Funeral is 2:00 p.m on Friday. Thank you.
wondering

Cave City, KY

#37 Jul 7, 2010
Tired of Edmonton gossip wrote:
Idk y everyone wanting to know everything if u was close enough to have nething to do with him you would of known everything that happens and no there was no boy with him he was alone but I think everyone should just let the famly and friend grieve b4 u say the wrong thing to wrong person and wind up severly hurt bc this loss has placed a great deal of hurt on the friends and family and we do not need a bunch of nosy Edmonton ppl running there mouth and stretching every thing and they don't know nething. If u all have ne good hearted about y'all Just let him R.I..P and let his family friends grieve
well who was the boy standing in the road right above the truck holding his face? and this was only seconds after the crash.there was a boy and there was a lady asking him if he was o.k......why don't anyone want to know who he was?seems as though that should be answered.
kayla perkins

Glasgow, KY

#38 Jul 7, 2010
Someone who cares wrote:
Nobody really knows how much she loved him. She is a good hearted person. She would give the shirt off her back. Yeah she made some mistakes but what about him doing crank. Before anyone runs there mouth. They need to know the whole story.
4 ur info. he quit tht about 8 years ago when he first found out she was prego!! and i may not be part of there fam. legally but honestly i will never forget there still my fam. and i advise u 2 quit running ur mouth about my cuzin ok!!!!!
kayla perkins

Glasgow, KY

#39 Jul 7, 2010
jessie was a good friend, cuzin, brother, son, and ect. let him rest in peace and he will be missed dearly and he will never be forgotten!!
metcalfemom

Glasgow, KY

#40 Jul 7, 2010
i finally found out some info about visitation and the funeral.visitation is thursday from 3-8pm and the funeral is friday at 2pm at the butler funeral home in edmonton.info from the columbia magazine.com

rest in peace jessie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min froggy87 1,276
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Straw Grasping Te... 151,114
4th district magistrate race. 1 hr Billy Bob 7
Jamie Brown & Shelby Horton 14 hr what 2
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 18 hr Reality 16,145
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Thu BIG_STEVIE 466
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) Thu yourmommm 1,048
•••
•••
•••

Edmonton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Edmonton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Edmonton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Edmonton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••