First Prev
of 6
Next Last
GPS

United States

#109 Jun 29, 2012
jmo wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW MANY YEARS AGO DID HELEN WORK FOR THE ECSO AND HOW MANY CHANGES DO YOU THINK HAVE TAKEN PLACE IN THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM SINCE THAT TIME???
Helen probably kept up her post certification for retirement reasons. 8 years with one agency and 4 years with another versus 11 years with the same agency doing the same job and receiving current training in any and all changes in policy, procedure and law changes. Am I missing something here?
Keep in mine, Ms India went to clerk of court after years with ECSO and I think she has been outstanding.
Holden

United States

#110 Jun 29, 2012
Fort Gaines needs a Media Center person to work 17 hours a week. If Meeks needs a job she should apply there.
Wenda

United States

#111 Jun 29, 2012
I know I did not read that Meeks worked with Norman Alexander????? 20 years ago wasn't he retired?????? How long has Meeks lived in Blakely???? Working in an office and learning on the job means you may not the job. Working in another position in another building does not make you qualified regardless or the other jobs you did. Having a degree in a particular area other than the one you are trying to obtain doese not mean you are qualified to do another position either. If you have a degree from a couple of years ago means you need to go back to college to get up dated. Education changes and things a couple of years ago may not apply today.
GPS

Griffin, GA

#112 Jun 29, 2012
Wenda wrote:
I know I did not read that Meeks worked with Norman Alexander????? 20 years ago wasn't he retired?????? How long has Meeks lived in Blakely???? Working in an office and learning on the job means you may not the job. Working in another position in another building does not make you qualified regardless or the other jobs you did. Having a degree in a particular area other than the one you are trying to obtain doese not mean you are qualified to do another position either. If you have a degree from a couple of years ago means you need to go back to college to get up dated. Education changes and things a couple of years ago may not apply today.
Ok, I GUESS YOU THINK EMILY IS ONLY PERSON IN EARLY COUNTY THAT CAN DO THE JOB. I haven't seen anything yet about Helen working for Mr. Norman. What's your point about that.
really

Ocilla, GA

#113 Jun 29, 2012
Wenda wrote:
I know I did not read that Meeks worked with Norman Alexander????? 20 years ago wasn't he retired?????? How long has Meeks lived in Blakely???? Working in an office and learning on the job means you may not the job. Working in another position in another building does not make you qualified regardless or the other jobs you did. Having a degree in a particular area other than the one you are trying to obtain doese not mean you are qualified to do another position either. If you have a degree from a couple of years ago means you need to go back to college to get up dated. Education changes and things a couple of years ago may not apply today.
If people would take the time to ask the candidates questions, you would find out that teachers do go back to school and training all the time to keep their certifications current as does Meeks. The world is moving forward and education is not a bad thing. It exposes minds to things outside your own little world and gives different perspectives. Having technological training and experience will definitely give Meeks an edge in this technologically advanced world and help the Clerk's office move forward as times change.
JMO

Ashburn, GA

#114 Jun 29, 2012
GPS wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I GUESS YOU THINK EMILY IS ONLY PERSON IN EARLY COUNTY THAT CAN DO THE JOB. I haven't seen anything yet about Helen working for Mr. Norman. What's your point about that.
NAW..I don't think Ms. Emily is the ONLY person in EC that can do the job, lol, just the most QUALIFIED!
Robert

United States

#115 Jun 29, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
If people would take the time to ask the candidates questions, you would find out that teachers do go back to school and training all the time to keep their certifications current as does Meeks. The world is moving forward and education is not a bad thing. It exposes minds to things outside your own little world and gives different perspectives. Having technological training and experience will definitely give Meeks an edge in this technologically advanced world and help the Clerk's office move forward as times change.
Does Meeks have teacher certification? I am sure in the clerk's office they are trained all the time too. Being a teacher and knowing technology does not qualifiy you as a clerk. Emily is the only one that already knows the position. She has been trained and she has worked and earned my respect along with the respect of others in Early County. I am positive Emily knows technology probably as well as anyone else, so I guess this gives her the edge. Emily is a very kind and dedicated person.
Brandi

United States

#116 Jun 29, 2012
JMO wrote:
<quoted text>
NAW..I don't think Ms. Emily is the ONLY person in EC that can do the job, lol, just the most QUALIFIED!
Yes, and she stays does not change jobs much either.
Jeanette

Fitzgerald, GA

#117 Jun 30, 2012
Do not know Meeks well myself, but haven't heard any good things about her, was told by my nephew that she was a very hateful person, but I do know that Ms Emily stayed bout 20 minutes late the other day so I could finish up my deed research, she didn't have to do it but was more than happy too. My vote will be for Mrs Emily!!!!!
GPS

Stockbridge, GA

#118 Jun 30, 2012
Brandi wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and she stays does not change jobs much either.
Changing jobs is not bad if you are moving up. Some employees have to stay at their current positions because they don't have the skills and education to get a job anywhere else.
GPS

Stockbridge, GA

#119 Jun 30, 2012
Jeanette wrote:
Do not know Meeks well myself, but haven't heard any good things about her, was told by my nephew that she was a very hateful person, but I do know that Ms Emily stayed bout 20 minutes late the other day so I could finish up my deed research, she didn't have to do it but was more than happy too. My vote will be for Mrs Emily!!!!!
Yes , Ms. Meeks is very structured, organized and demands her students to excell. To say you haven't heard 'any good things" indicates you don'tl read much or get around alots.
Harry

Moultrie, GA

#120 Jul 1, 2012
Jeanette wrote:
Do not know Meeks well myself, but haven't heard any good things about her, was told by my nephew that she was a very hateful person, but I do know that Ms Emily stayed bout 20 minutes late the other day so I could finish up my deed research, she didn't have to do it but was more than happy too. My vote will be for Mrs Emily!!!!!
yea during election years people are nicer for that vote
Jackson

United States

#121 Jul 1, 2012
GPS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes , Ms. Meeks is very structured, organized and demands her students to excell. To say you haven't heard 'any good things" indicates you don'tl read much or get around alots.
I read the paper daily. Are you saying that Meeks is presently teaching. If she is a certified teacher it would appear that she would be teaching. As your are implying she is good at teaching. Emily is great working in the clerk's office or India would have gotten rid of her. I am sure India knows how to train and select great people to work with and for her.
Susan

United States

#122 Jul 1, 2012
GPS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes , Ms. Meeks is very structured, organized and demands her students to excell. To say you haven't heard 'any good things" indicates you don'tl read much or get around alots.
I KNOW YOU DIDN'T! Working class citizens may not get around in your circle, but it doesn't mean we do not know people in Blakely, or in the county. I know you do not know all the citizens either because we do not know you! Working class people work and may not have time to socialize in your group. We have heard of the Wilbourns and they have worked and lived in the county all of their lives!!!!!!!! The Wilbourns are a great family with great friends and supporters too.
Tony

United States

#123 Jul 3, 2012
GPS wrote:
<quoted text>
Changing jobs is not bad if you are moving up. Some employees have to stay at their current positions because they don't have the skills and education to get a job anywhere else.
Our sheriff has kept his job for many years and I do not think it was because he could not do anything else, or find a better job. Some individuals actually like what they do and others may not be able to find a different jobs. Jobs a few in Early County. I do not agree with you 100% on individuals not changing position because of lack of skills. If you can use a computer you can work and do several jobs. As far as having an education to change jobs I think that may be the opposite -if I am a nurse or an accountant I will probably do that for a very long time and not change jobs. Most people get an education to stay in a certain position, so they do not want to do anything else. Why does Meeks not want to teach?
Johnny

United States

#124 Jul 4, 2012
Emily is part of the past of Early Count Clerk's Office, now she is working there in the present and hopefully she will be working there in the future. She's always lived and worked in Early County. People working with the public need and must have strong customer service skills and Emily has what it takes to keep the Clerk's Office running like it should run.
Olivia

Panama City, FL

#125 Jul 5, 2012
Who is the clerk
Fran

United States

#126 Jul 5, 2012
Olivia wrote:
Who is the clerk
India Thompson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beat up SUV 14 hr Obsessed 1
interacial dating in Blakely Oct 18 Town Drunk 29
Trash at Smitty's Oct 14 Truth hurts 12
City of Blakely Policies Oct 13 Blakely 10
Who are the two new sexy Edison Police Officers (Oct '10) Apr '12 what 15
Officer fatally shoots driver (Nov '09) Jun '11 2sidestoeverystory 26
Headless Man (Jan '11) Mar '11 WordsUNspoken 9
Edison Dating
Find my Match

Edison Jobs

Edison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Edison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Edison

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]