Eden Man Escapes Attackers by Jumping In River

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 25
An Eden man who was attacked and robbed at knifepoint by two men escaped by jumping into the river early Sunday morning, according to the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Myself

Lexington, NC

#1 Oct 12, 2009
I live in Rockingham County and it is a shame that this place has come to this. It use to be a nice place to go river fishing, put your boat in and go for ride up the river and take your kids. Now I wouldnt take my dog down there. You cant even go there and put your boat in the water without fear of someone takin everything out of your truck sitting there while your out on your boat. Its a shame that the police of Eden and the Sheriffs department has let it come to this. Drugs, drinking, people having sex out in the open and all the trash that comes with people like this.
OMG

Linden, NJ

#2 Oct 12, 2009
How does an attractive young lady like this end up hanging with such ghetto trash????? She is jailed under a $500,000 bond while the loser who did the cutting is under $25,000? What a crock! Thanks black folks for bringing what's left of civilized humans and bringing them down to your trashed up world. You and the mexicans are like a virus. You just keep multiplying and sucking up the natural resources around you while we foot the bill. You are the best!
OMG

Linden, NJ

#3 Oct 12, 2009
PS- Nice job to the parents of both these losers. When are parents going to learn to teach some sort of values into their children. What a shame.
mr w

Burlington, NC

#4 Oct 12, 2009
If they have to steal o rob someone they need to get a job. Dont take what someone else has worked for. They need to keep people like these idiots in jail and throw away the key. Do to them as rhey do unto others.
KAC

Greensboro, NC

#5 Oct 12, 2009
IT's a shame what these people will do for a dime.having known one of the criminals involved in this crime.i knew it was just a matter of time before she committed another crime.my heart goes out to the victim.
KAC MADISON NC

Greensboro, NC

#6 Oct 12, 2009
HOPING that get what they deserve!!!!!
Kaleb Jeremiahs Mommy

Burlington, NC

#7 Oct 12, 2009
Their race has nothing to do with any of it. They are 2 people who were both in the wrong. She has a larger bond because she has a longer criminal record. Yes, that is correct, the white girl has a longer criminal record than the black man. Maybe you should do your homework before coming to such harsh judgements. Talk about trash...
OMG wrote:
How does an attractive young lady like this end up hanging with such ghetto trash????? She is jailed under a $500,000 bond while the loser who did the cutting is under $25,000? What a crock! Thanks black folks for bringing what's left of civilized humans and bringing them down to your trashed up world. You and the mexicans are like a virus. You just keep multiplying and sucking up the natural resources around you while we foot the bill. You are the best!
jrw

United States

#8 Oct 12, 2009
OMG wrote:
ATTRACTIVE ????????
WTF

Charlotte, NC

#9 Oct 12, 2009
Why do you think everything leads back to what race someone is? It's sad how simple minded you are. You seem like a very uneducated human being with a lot of hatred built up towards minorities. It seems like your world is trashed up with hatred instead of having a loving heart that GOD wants you to have.

Kevin

Charlotte, NC

#10 Oct 12, 2009
pure trash that's all.
Kevin

Charlotte, NC

#11 Oct 12, 2009
attractive???? lol she looks like she's stoned out of her goard in that picture....
Kevin

Charlotte, NC

#12 Oct 12, 2009
kaleb jeremiah's mommy, here you are trashing someone else for bringing up race, and in the same breath you're doing it too. she's trash, he's trash whether they're green, purple pink or whatever.
Kaleb Jeremiahs Mommy

Burlington, NC

#13 Oct 13, 2009
Excuse me, I was being sarcastic to the racist not making racial comments. Maybe u should re read it...
Kevin wrote:
kaleb jeremiah's mommy, here you are trashing someone else for bringing up race, and in the same breath you're doing it too. she's trash, he's trash whether they're green, purple pink or whatever.
OMG

Richmond, VA

#14 Oct 13, 2009
I think my most favorite part of Kaleb Jeremiahs Mommy's response was her assumption that I'm uneducated. Maam, if you will take the time to go to the library and read something non-fiction....if you can read......pick up The Color of Crime : Race, Crime, and Justice in America and read some statistics for yourself. Here are a few......

Crime Rates

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime

Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs

Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration

Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

*Do your research lady. And by the way, I'm not racist...I'm equally hateful to scum. No matter the color. But stats don't lie....unless you can't read them like you and probably most of your friends. I graduated from High School and College both in the top 10% of my class. I paid for my own college after my academic scholarships. Sometimes I wish I would have kept myself like you, ignorant and uneducated. I've always heard ignorance is bliss. If you are to dumb to know any better, then life must be great. For those of us who see the potential and watch the world turn uglier because people don't think before they make babies and don't parent at all, it's not nearly as becoming.
Justine

Cary, NC

#15 Oct 13, 2009
I grew up with Hannah and shes really not a bad person! She just went the wrong way in life! Eden is soo full of nothing to do but DRUGS! and that leads people to do the dumbest things! I went to school with both of them.. I think he had a full ride scholarship to go to collage he was a good basketball player, and she grew up in a nice house, had money, and has a WONDERFUL father who would do anything for her!! she got mixed up with the wrong people! This could be anyone of your kids! Preach about the dangers of drugs and what they make you do!!! Its not the people that are bad! Its the choices they make.. Life's all about choices and its obvious they made a bad one that night.. and it still doesnt make it right. But I just wanted to let who ever "OMG" is ...that her parents were very GOOD to her! Her dad is the nicest, most respectful person you would probably ever meet! Dont put them down because it could be your kids one day that got mixed up with drugs and done something like this.. you may have thought you tought them "values" but when your on drugs "vaules" are out the window! So stop all the critizing you dont know either one of them.
AnnC

United States

#16 Oct 13, 2009
This was not a choice, this was a crime. A person that is vile, is vile. Drugs play a large part in crime but a person that attacks an innocent person is a criminal inside and out. It's there, living deep inside them, giving the chance they will act upon that criminal nature. She is a bad person and so are the guys that are involved in this crime. No matter the color or gender they are extremely bad DNA. If she comes from a good family that only makes her crimes/choices worse, she was lead right and *wanted* to be wrong. She looks vile in her photo and so does that guy that she is involved with. I know kids that got mixed up in drugs but when it come down to criminal acts, they backed away and ran. I remember the stories years ago when I was growing up. I learned then bad was bad with or without drugs. I stayed away from the rotten side and I was raised without a farther, very poor living in a very low-income area. I could do most anything I wanted to do when I wanted to do it but I didn't. Just wasn't in me to do it.
Diana

Mooresville, NC

#17 Oct 13, 2009
Hannah was one of my best friends growing up. She was pretty, smart, funny, popular. Then when she got in high school the drugs came into her life and everything spiraled down from there. Yes, unfortunately Hannah has had problems with the law before and recently had gotten released from prison. It's sad to see one of my best child hood friends go down this path.
OMG

Richmond, VA

#18 Oct 13, 2009
So Justine.....I just want to make sure I'm hearing you correctly. You don't think that the actions of a child are in any way a reflection of how they were raised? Do you know the father well enough to know exactly how he was behind closed doors? Have you ever talked to a child who was abused or ignored and on outside appearance seemed to have the perfect life and parents? I fully believe that my childs actions are a direct reflection of how my wife and I are raising him. Obviously there are bumps in the road and no one is perfect. What I can tell you is that if the father would have done anything for his child, then he should have recognized that rather obvious warning signs of a teenager on drugs and removed his daughter from the county or the state if need be. To many people are willing to chalk up a child's problems to drug use or the crowd that they run with rather than taking an active parenting role in their child's life to ensure that they know what's right and wrong and to implement the wonders of positive thinking. No matter your impression of this girl's father or mother, there is a definite problem there somewhere. It starts at home Justine. I am willing to do anything for my child. Sacrifice anything for my child. Give up a higher paying job to be closer to my child. And I feel like I am ultimately responsible for ensuring that my child doesn't get mixed into the wrong crowd and drugs. I take an active enough role to see any signs of something wrong in his life and will go to any length to correct any problems. This girl had a rap sheet a mile long to get a $500,000 bond. There were warning signs everywhere. The parents didn't heed to them and unfortunately had friends like yourself who won't hold them accountable for anything and instead blame it on the child because the parents surely couldn't do anything to prevent her drug use or who she hung out with. What did you smoke today anyway? You are a prime example of my "ignorance is bliss" concept earlier.
Justine

Cary, NC

#19 Oct 13, 2009
ok.."OMG" In every way, and you have issues, you've put down not only the people involved in this crime, but to everyone leaving comments! Have you thought that maybe you are critizing to much.
-this is what you said:
"*Do your research lady. And by the way, I'm not racist...I'm equally hateful to scum. No matter the color. But stats don't lie....unless you can't read them like you and probably most of your friends. I graduated from High School and College both in the top 10% of my class. I paid for my own college after my academic scholarships. Sometimes I wish I would have kept myself like you, ignorant and uneducated. I've always heard ignorance is bliss. If you are to dumb to know any better, then life must be great. For those of us who see the potential and watch the world turn uglier because people don't think before they make babies and don't parent at all, it's not nearly as becoming."

Well you've always heard ignorance is bliss... its from a Thomas Gray poem "Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College" and you should read it if you haven't already.

I am sorry not EVERYONE is as "perfect" as you! And people have made bad choices ..but not you, you've obviously never done anything wrong in your life! Its a shame we all can't be as blind to the real world as you can.

I am not condoning her or anyone elses behavior, and yes it was a crime AnnC.. but it was a crime in result from bad decisons from drugs! She had a job! and a place to live, she was doing soo good! She made a trip back to the place she used to do drugs.. and if anyone of you have ever been on drugs you would know that certain memories trigger your addiction. It was wrong what she did I agree.. but she obviously got back into the drugs that night.. and once you start doing them.. you will do what ever- to whoever to get them!
I am sure she wanted to get money for drugs, I dont think she had any intentions on him getting hurt! Dont think for one second im condoning there behavior! Because IM NOT!
to "OMG"- I agree it IS how your raised! But you also don't realize parents at first have a blind eye to a lot of things there child is doing wrong.. a lot of good parents dont want to believe that all they have instilled in there child about right and wrong, they are going and doing the opposite! They can't grasp that at first!

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink" does that make sense?
Her parents pushed for the best in her, but yes she obviously choose the other way...

This is how I feel take it however you want to, but this is MY Opinion!! No one elses...

Just like Diana knew her from before she got on drugs! She was a GOOD GIRL! Most Popular in school! BEAUTIFUL SMART AND FUNNY! She let something get a hold of her that is soooooooo hard to get away from! Leave it be.. its wrong we know that.. but don't pass judgement on someone you've never met!
dotty

Mount Airy, NC

#20 Oct 13, 2009
OMG...You are correct. Justine...do us a favor and shut your ignorant mouth!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 41 min State of Florida 60,180
is race mixing a sin? (Apr '11) Mon tdri022 22
Church of Christ Tent Starts 9/15/14 Sep 19 HEATH - 72 4
New Sheriff for Rockingham County~ YES or No???? Sep 18 China 8
Califonia nurse now NC stole drugs for years li... (Mar '14) Sep 13 Reader 28
Confederate monument to rise again (Dec '11) Sep 11 m walker 6
Come hear the gospel. Sep 10 HEATH - 72 2

Eden Jobs

Eden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Eden News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Eden

Personal Finance