My View

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

I think we are blessed to have such an incredible group of people dedicated to Lyon County. I must admit when I got a bill from my ride it was expensive, but I felt as if I got better care from my emt than I did from my hospital staff as a whole. I now realize I should have sent the EMS staff a note and a few pizzas.
idk

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

I don't know about how they actually perform as an EMS unit. but in personal encounters with various members of the ems, in public they are rude, mostly in restaurants, they are self-indulgent pricks, they act like they are above "average" people. but if you should ever ben unfortunate enough to engage in conversation with them, by the time it's over you walk away saying.. "do those people really save lives? I wouldn't trust them to look after my dog" lmao, but on the other hand, I have had people like that work for me, and they performed fantastic at the job they were there to do, so i don't know what to think about them. lol
My View

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

The only encounter I have had with them is in a professional encounter and to this I give them a 100 on a 10 point scale. As far as restaurants, I personally work in a career where I am in somewhat of a public profile, and it is very hard to have a meal in town that it doesnt feel like work with everyone wanting to talk shop while I am trying to get away from it. I remember when I was in business here, I would drive 50 miles to have a quite dinner, just to be unknown. They have to be in the public eye 24/7, has to be hard. I know just because you having a bad day the world doesn't stop spinning.
I hate on haters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

They are fast and attentive. Anytime that I have gotten into a wreck they've sent 2 ambulances for me within minutes.(In one wreck I was the only person that was in it and I didn't end up leaving in an ambulance. In the other I was injured and they spent a lot of time looking after me but I decided against going to the hospital). But they were all very polite and helpful.
Andrea

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

Our EMS! Is definitely the best! I give two thumbs up!!!!(:
Current Lyon Citizen

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

i am a current lyon citizen and have been for years. I've worked at some of the local businesses and i will agree on one thing, they are pricks to serve. ON THE OTHER HAND! aside of them being rude, they are here to perform when we need them, we need them, they dont need us. there will not be a shortage of emergenices to put them out of a job.
lmao

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

They are nice and I guess you could say they do their job for the most part but then again I dont think showing up drunk to pick someone else up in an ambulance is very great either. On top of that it took them forever to find our house. Thank god he was watchin over my dad. It was a really close call though!!!!
no fault

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

It's great to know that Lyon county supports its emergency workers so much. I have worked and lived in a couple different counties in w. Ky Lyon county in general has the nastiest attitudes I have ever ran into. So you be rude you get rude in return.
walk in their shoes

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

Don't judge all ems by maybe a few who weren't having a good day. No one knows of the stress that comes with that job unless you've done it yourself. Imagine trying to revive someone as the family counts on you to bring their loved one back or to come upon a scene with multiple victoms of an auto accident. Sometimes we all have to step back and think about what is possibly on a person's mind.....not so quick to judge. These people are dedicated and available 24/7. I'm proud of what they do....as well as the firefighters and deputies. Kuddos to them! It must take a special person to see the things they see and keep a positive attitude. A perfect person is not real and real person is not perfect. Have a little respect for the people that serve our country and our community. We need them!
Cop Killer

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

I think they r a bunch of fat lazy bitches. To me they r about as unless as Kent Murphy. It wouldn't be like that if Adams was still in charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eddyville Discussions

Search the Eddyville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min conservative crapola 139,031
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Ancient Wolf 81,254
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Republicans Are Stupid 16,040
Donnie Hancock 9 hr haha 7
Wiccan coven in claxton? 10 hr lil p 29
Is Patti's charging for water these days! 10 hr George 5
Black haired girl in red mustang 11 hr lil p 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Eddyville Jobs

•••
•••
•••