Is it Legal to Fire off Fireworks in Suburbia?

Posted in the East Hartford Forum

This Sucks

East Hartford, CT

#1 Jul 16, 2011
I'm asking because, though we love fireworks, keep hearing all these fireworks going off, in small, crowded neighborhoods. That seems dangerous to me.
Be one thing if you were out in the country, but to fire off this stuff, when people live right on top of each other, seems pretty risky.
Even saw someone firing off a bunch of fireworks on a public sidewalk today, yet no one called the police.
No Way

United States

#2 Feb 29, 2012
It is not legal at all! Also saw burnt out firecrackers on a sidewalk. But that the same house that ALWAYS has a basketball stand at least 10 ft tall sitting out on the public street. It all makes sense, does it not?
These people clearly have NO concern for others safety!
They ought to be arrested for these violations or at least heavily fined!

Since: May 12

Hartford, CT

#3 May 29, 2012
This Sucks wrote:
I'm asking because, though we love fireworks, keep hearing all these fireworks going off, in small, crowded neighborhoods. That seems dangerous to me.
Be one thing if you were out in the country, but to fire off this stuff, when people live right on top of each other, seems pretty risky.
Even saw someone firing off a bunch of fireworks on a public sidewalk today, yet no one called the police.
It's not at all legal. Unfortunately, many people have no regards for others and just do as they please such as throwing firecrackers and bottle rockets around. You can call the police and they will come out. Sometimes this is enough to stop people, sometimes not once the officer leaves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Hartford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min DBWriter 1,124,678
Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) 27 min Silent Bob 16,145
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 54 min UnderstandPeople 19,363
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 59 min Eric 69,964
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 306,209
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr grave digger 47,478
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 68,635
East Hartford Dating
Find my Match

East Hartford Jobs

East Hartford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

East Hartford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in East Hartford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]