Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5

Posted in the East-Elmhurst Forum

Comments (Page 13,280)

Showing posts 265,581 - 265,600 of302,034
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I am going to Hell”

Since: Oct 07

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271051
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Last year I said the AL East was wide open and the Yankees wouldn't contend for a WS spot.
And I was right.
This year its open again and the Sox have depth, Yankees have none.
I'd pick the Jays as well except that Gibbons is a lousy manager and they are a team that couldn't win who picked up alot of players who couldn't win.
So its wide open.
Did you forget about Hafner?

“Baseball is back!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271052
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said CC would be scaled back? Um the New York Yankees. Y'know the team you won't discuss in a Yankee forum.
>>>>>A while back, when the Yankees first started discussing the idea of limiting CC’s workload in 2013, I wrote a post in support of the idea as long as it was handled properly. My definition of properly for a veteran ace like CC didn’t involve any skipped starts, pitch count limits, or watered-down 4-5-inning outings, just a sense of how hard CC had worked through his first 6-7 innings and a willingness to shut him down after those 7 innings and 100+ pitches in early season starts. There’s no need to overwork a guy early in the season if you don’t have to, and less of a need to do so if your admitted goal is to reduce his workload.
This slowed-down ST pace for CC, even if it is truly to give him more time to get into game shape and give the coaching staff more time to evaluate his recovery from the elbow surgery, could be the perfect lead-in to that reduced workload. CC was already coming into camp a week or two behind the rest of the starting rotation candidates because of the surgery, and the indication of Joe’s comments is that the team is in no hurry to rush his schedule to catch him back up. If CC is not going to pitch in a spring game until March, it’s very likely he won’t be completely stretched out by the time the regular season starts. Late start in spring should translate to a later start in April, especially when it involves a player coming back from injury.
http://ablogforarod.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/s...
If you hadn't wasted the last 5 years of your life railing the posters on this forum and actually spent it learning about the team you supposedly started this forum about....you might know this.
The rest of your post isn't worth commenting on.
.

Coming from a guy who curses out yank fans,taunt and fights with them for 5 years. You're a hypocrite.

Explain the 3 managers in 3 years. Read the francona book? I toss back your sox homer crap and won't dare discuss it. It figures.

“I am going to Hell”

Since: Oct 07

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271053
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Last year I said the AL East was wide open and the Yankees wouldn't contend for a WS spot.
And I was right.
This year its open again and the Sox have depth, Yankees have none.
I'd pick the Jays as well except that Gibbons is a lousy manager and they are a team that couldn't win who picked up alot of players who couldn't win.
So its wide open.
Contend for a WS spot? WS as in world series. If you make the playoffs, then you qualified for contending for the WS

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271054
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget about Amazon for any books or movies. Did you know I have my own library where people like you are not allowed. I bet you were never in a library this nice before
http://www.lasolasriverhouse.com/library-2/
YOUR library? Why would I want to look at Star Wars coloring books & NAMBLA magazines?

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271055
Feb 23, 2013
 
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Coming from a guy who curses out yank fans,taunt and fights with them for 5 years. You're a hypocrite.
Explain the 3 managers in 3 years. Read the francona book? I toss back your sox homer crap and won't dare discuss it. It figures.
It's a raw late Feb Saturday in the Northeast but this story warmed ole Fu's heart.
Rivera, Pettitte hit right notes in first BP
By GEORGE A. KING III
Last Updated: 7:49 AM, February 23, 2013
TAMPA — Like so much of his marvelous career, Mariano Rivera’s initial baseball steps back from right knee surgery are going smoothly.
“It was the first batting practice I threw this year and I am really happy with the results,’’ Rivera said following a 25-pitch outing at George M. Steinbrenner Field yesterday.“And it will get better.’’
Andy Pettitte preceded Rivera with a 24-pitch batting practice session he and manager Joe Girardi were satisfied with.
“I just wanted to make it through with everything working the way it should be and it was,’’ Pettitte said.
Girardi never detected Pettitte’s mechanics falling off, which is an encouraging sign.
“He looked great and responded well. You don’t want to see a guy laboring through a bullpen session and he didn’t,” Girardi said of his 40-year-old third starter.
Working with his familiar smooth delivery, Rivera breezed through the workout that was watched by former Yankees catcher Jorge Posada, Girardi, pitching coach Larry Rothschild, bullpen coach Mike Harkey, general manager Brian Cashman and assistant GM Billy Eppler.
“I felt real good. The big thing will be to do the real thing, running to first base and fielding bunts,’’ the 43-year-old Rivera said.“I have done that on the back field but that’s not the same as a real game.’’

Posada, a guest instructor, said he was impressed with Rivera’s signature pitch — a cut fastball.
“It moved like a slider,’’ Posada said.
No date has been set for Rivera to work a game, but watching Rivera throw Girardi can’t find proof the closer had major knee surgery.
“He looked like what you expect him to look like,” he said.“He looked normal to me. I don’t see anything different.”
After three bullpen workouts and one batting practice, Rivera said he is approaching being ready for a game.
“Maybe one or two more batting practices, but we have a long time,’’ Rivera said.“We don’t have to rush it, build it up and go from there.’’
Rivera faced minor leaguers Kyle Roller and Rob Segedin and played mind games with Segedin.
“You better swing,’’ Rivera said to the Teaneck, N.J., native before delivering the first pitch of the workout.
When you have been around as long as Rivera, throwing batting practice is normally another mundane step to getting ready for a season.
Yet, because he hadn’t faced a hitter in so long, baseball’s all-time saves leader, with 608, was anxious.
“I wanted to see hitters. I didn’t do nothing different than from the bullpen [workouts],’’ Rivera said.“It helped me to see how the ball was moving, location and how they are swinging.’’
Rivera, who continues to wear a small brace on his right knee, said it didn’t take a serious knee injury last May to make him realize he likes what he does for a living.
“I am excited to feel the mound and see hitters. It was great,’’ said Rivera, who hadn’t thrown to a batter since last April 30, when he secured a 2-1 win over the Orioles by getting Nick Markakis to bang into a 6-4-3 double play.“I always appreciate it, that’s why I love the game of baseball. You don’t know when the last day you play [comes].’’
So when is the last day for Rivera?
“I don’t know, I will let you know,’’ said Rivera, who has decided what his future beyond this season is, but isn’t ready to make it public.
If yesterday was another step toward the end it was like all the other ones: smooth.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271056
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
So no Yankee chat. And I'll bet you seriously wonder why I dumped this forum.
Of course there's Yankee talk......

I was watching a show on ESPN the other day, and they were going through the teams in each division, talking about who will win the divisions, the WC's etc.

When they got to the AL East, they spoke about the additions of the BlueJays, the year the O's had last year, and the experience and talent the Yankees have, and mentioned they would not rule out Tampa having a big year with their pitching staff. Funny part was, no one even mentioned your beloved Sox. You guys sure got a lot more props when Bobby the Brain was still at ESPN.

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271057
Feb 23, 2013
 
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR library? Why would I want to look at Star Wars coloring books & NAMBLA magazines?
I still use the Library and why not? We're paying for these services whether we use them or not. There are people out there like academic types and serious students that need these resouces.

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271058
Feb 23, 2013
 
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there's Yankee talk......
I was watching a show on ESPN the other day, and they were going through the teams in each division, talking about who will win the divisions, the WC's etc.
When they got to the AL East, they spoke about the additions of the BlueJays, the year the O's had last year, and the experience and talent the Yankees have, and mentioned they would not rule out Tampa having a big year with their pitching staff. Funny part was, no one even mentioned your beloved Sox. You guys sure got a lot more props when Bobby the Brain was still at ESPN.
Very astute post Harley, there has been a lot of turtle head in the media and from the RSN faithful since the Sox collapse of 2011. All the over night sabtremetrics guru's that were invented in 2004 all were chest fallen over Carl Crawford. And with the NY Times looking to drop the Boston Globe who's subscription rate is hal what it was in 2006 there are less voices out there talking about the Sox.

I don't see as many Red Sox hats being worn these days. Wonder where they all went? But the real Sox fan, all 250,000 of them are still proudly there.

“Baseball is back!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271059
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there's Yankee talk......
I was watching a show on ESPN the other day, and they were going through the teams in each division, talking about who will win the divisions, the WC's etc.
When they got to the AL East, they spoke about the additions of the BlueJays, the year the O's had last year, and the experience and talent the Yankees have, and mentioned they would not rule out Tampa having a big year with their pitching staff. Funny part was, no one even mentioned your beloved Sox. You guys sure got a lot more props when Bobby the Brain was still at ESPN.


only a red sox homer fan will claim over 500, and better then the yanks, refuse to discuss in depth the great pick ups of napoli and the bad hip vs an all star gonzo...or gomes the guy who strikes out,a 240 hitter, horrible fielder and claim he was made for fenway..victorino who had a horrible year, the 3 or 4 number ones he claimed who all pitched like 5's...or bucholtz and his bad back, 3 managers in 3 year, francona and his book ripping to shreds the management of the sox and others, the supposed strong minor leagues that have done nothing to help the past 3 years. the great kalish we heard about over and over, injured

yet, bring up yank injuries, yank failures

its like an ostrich hiding his head in the sand...total bs...

“2014 Yankees”

Since: Aug 08

We're Back for # 28

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271060
Feb 23, 2013
 
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
only a red sox homer fan will claim over 500, and better then the yanks, refuse to discuss in depth the great pick ups of napoli and the bad hip vs an all star gonzo...or gomes the guy who strikes out,a 240 hitter, horrible fielder and claim he was made for fenway..victorino who had a horrible year, the 3 or 4 number ones he claimed who all pitched like 5's...or bucholtz and his bad back, 3 managers in 3 year, francona and his book ripping to shreds the management of the sox and others, the supposed strong minor leagues that have done nothing to help the past 3 years. the great kalish we heard about over and over, injured
yet, bring up yank injuries, yank failures
its like an ostrich hiding his head in the sand...total bs...
I think its possible the Sox could win 82 games in 2013, but anything better than that would be a miracle.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271061
Feb 23, 2013
 
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I still use the Library and why not? We're paying for these services whether we use them or not. There are people out there like academic types and serious students that need these resouces.
EXACTLY! Why not? It's a fantastic service. Why would I go to a book store (which is basically non-existant today anyway, thanks to Amazon) & buy a book that I might not like & then need to find space in my home for when I can borrow, read it, & send it back for another one? My family goes every other week, we take out a handful of books, sometimes a movie or two. Last week I finished "Forever Blue: The True Story of Walter O'Malley" & "The Last Lion of Baseball" which is George Stienbrenner's biography.(he was quite the prick, that Stienbrenner) I'm currently reading "Bruce", the Bruce Springsteen biography. Great book by the way. Lined up next is "Waging Heavy Peace", the Neil Young biography. I like biographys. Also finally watched the movie "Ray" last night. I forgot who it was that said it in here, but he was absolutely right. Fantastic movie. That one, I'll have to add to my own collection.

“Baseball is back!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271062
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its possible the Sox could win 82 games in 2013, but anything better than that would be a miracle.


anything is possible, is it likely, hell no. too many good things have to happen. doubt it. they have packed it in too often. they need outstanding years from napoli, gomes and victorino..based on last year, it could get ugly

who knows if bucholtz the fragile one will be good for long..or which lester shows up...doubrant, fat..lackey, forget it...dempster is nothing good and got tagged too often last year.

in other words, 75 wins, more likely. tops. hey, that is improvment, lmao..

“I am going to Hell”

Since: Oct 07

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271063
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR library? Why would I want to look at Star Wars coloring books & NAMBLA magazines?
Dude, Star Wars is awesome. Best movie ever

“I am going to Hell”

Since: Oct 07

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271064
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! Why not? It's a fantastic service. Why would I go to a book store (which is basically non-existant today anyway, thanks to Amazon) & buy a book that I might not like & then need to find space in my home for when I can borrow, read it, & send it back for another one? My family goes every other week, we take out a handful of books, sometimes a movie or two. Last week I finished "Forever Blue: The True Story of Walter O'Malley" & "The Last Lion of Baseball" which is George Stienbrenner's biography.(he was quite the prick, that Stienbrenner) I'm currently reading "Bruce", the Bruce Springsteen biography. Great book by the way. Lined up next is "Waging Heavy Peace", the Neil Young biography. I like biographys. Also finally watched the movie "Ray" last night. I forgot who it was that said it in here, but he was absolutely right. Fantastic movie. That one, I'll have to add to my own collection.
Well this figures since you're an Obama lover. Look this nation needs to trim its govt and deficit. The only libraries that should be open are in schools and in private buildings like mine where the residents finace it thru maintenance fees. No need for public libraries in this age we live in. You Obama loonies just refuse to cut back. You feel you live in this entitled system with no regard for costs. Our economy will collapse and when it does, expect a loaf of bread in the supermarket to be $20. While I'll unhappily be able to survive, you and your family will suffer. And after then, you'll wish Obama never came into power. You'll have to learn the hard way

“I am going to Hell”

Since: Oct 07

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271065
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! Why not? It's a fantastic service. Why would I go to a book store (which is basically non-existant today anyway, thanks to Amazon) & buy a book that I might not like & then need to find space in my home for when I can borrow, read it, & send it back for another one? My family goes every other week, we take out a handful of books, sometimes a movie or two. Last week I finished "Forever Blue: The True Story of Walter O'Malley" & "The Last Lion of Baseball" which is George Stienbrenner's biography.(he was quite the prick, that Stienbrenner) I'm currently reading "Bruce", the Bruce Springsteen biography. Great book by the way. Lined up next is "Waging Heavy Peace", the Neil Young biography. I like biographys. Also finally watched the movie "Ray" last night. I forgot who it was that said it in here, but he was absolutely right. Fantastic movie. That one, I'll have to add to my own collection.
I told you about Ray. Your welcome

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271066
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I told you about Ray. Your welcome
No you didn't. I'm pretty sure it was HarleyRider.

You wouldn't watch "Ray". It's about a great black man. And we all know the coward racist piece of shit you are. Jim Crow loving redneck asshole. Go color in your Star Wars coloring books, you immature little fool. Nobody here fears you.

Say one more thing about Obama. I've got that essay just itching to be posted. I can stretch it into at least 5 pages in here.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271067
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, Star Wars is awesome. Best movie ever
A kiddie movie. For a kiddie brain. Try watching some grownup movies. That is if you're allowed to watch anything over a PG rating without your Daddy being present to explain to you the confusing sex parts...

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271068
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Well this figures since you're an Obama lover. Look this nation needs to trim its govt and deficit. The only libraries that should be open are in schools and in private buildings like mine where the residents finace it thru maintenance fees. No need for public libraries in this age we live in. You Obama loonies just refuse to cut back. You feel you live in this entitled system with no regard for costs. Our economy will collapse and when it does, expect a loaf of bread in the supermarket to be $20. While I'll unhappily be able to survive, you and your family will suffer. And after then, you'll wish Obama never came into power. You'll have to learn the hard way
When was the last time you even read a book that didn't have more pictures than words?

“I am going to Hell”

Since: Oct 07

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271069
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't. I'm pretty sure it was HarleyRider.
You wouldn't watch "Ray". It's about a great black man. And we all know the coward racist piece of shit you are. Jim Crow loving redneck asshole. Go color in your Star Wars coloring books, you immature little fool. Nobody here fears you.
Say one more thing about Obama. I've got that essay just itching to be posted. I can stretch it into at least 5 pages in here.
Wrong! Harley may have also posted about Ray but I told you about it first. And by the way, I was hoping Herman Cain would have been president and posted such many times during the primaries and before. And today, my favorite politician in Florida is Allen West. You'll have to look him up but hes a great man. No racism with me ever.

“I am going to Hell”

Since: Oct 07

Anybody want anything?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271070
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
A kiddie movie. For a kiddie brain. Try watching some grownup movies. That is if you're allowed to watch anything over a PG rating without your Daddy being present to explain to you the confusing sex parts...
Dude, you're getting into a topic where you know very little compared to me and thats movies. I know all kinds from all era's

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 265,581 - 265,600 of302,034
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

East-Elmhurst News Video

•••
East-Elmhurst Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

East-Elmhurst Jobs

•••
•••
•••

East-Elmhurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••