“Jackie Bradley”

Since: Aug 08

2014 Rookie of the Year

#271055 Feb 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>.
Coming from a guy who curses out yank fans,taunt and fights with them for 5 years. You're a hypocrite.
Explain the 3 managers in 3 years. Read the francona book? I toss back your sox homer crap and won't dare discuss it. It figures.
It's a raw late Feb Saturday in the Northeast but this story warmed ole Fu's heart.
Rivera, Pettitte hit right notes in first BP
By GEORGE A. KING III
Last Updated: 7:49 AM, February 23, 2013
TAMPA — Like so much of his marvelous career, Mariano Rivera’s initial baseball steps back from right knee surgery are going smoothly.
“It was the first batting practice I threw this year and I am really happy with the results,’’ Rivera said following a 25-pitch outing at George M. Steinbrenner Field yesterday.“And it will get better.’’
Andy Pettitte preceded Rivera with a 24-pitch batting practice session he and manager Joe Girardi were satisfied with.
“I just wanted to make it through with everything working the way it should be and it was,’’ Pettitte said.
Girardi never detected Pettitte’s mechanics falling off, which is an encouraging sign.
“He looked great and responded well. You don’t want to see a guy laboring through a bullpen session and he didn’t,” Girardi said of his 40-year-old third starter.
Working with his familiar smooth delivery, Rivera breezed through the workout that was watched by former Yankees catcher Jorge Posada, Girardi, pitching coach Larry Rothschild, bullpen coach Mike Harkey, general manager Brian Cashman and assistant GM Billy Eppler.
“I felt real good. The big thing will be to do the real thing, running to first base and fielding bunts,’’ the 43-year-old Rivera said.“I have done that on the back field but that’s not the same as a real game.’’

Posada, a guest instructor, said he was impressed with Rivera’s signature pitch — a cut fastball.
“It moved like a slider,’’ Posada said.
No date has been set for Rivera to work a game, but watching Rivera throw Girardi can’t find proof the closer had major knee surgery.
“He looked like what you expect him to look like,” he said.“He looked normal to me. I don’t see anything different.”
After three bullpen workouts and one batting practice, Rivera said he is approaching being ready for a game.
“Maybe one or two more batting practices, but we have a long time,’’ Rivera said.“We don’t have to rush it, build it up and go from there.’’
Rivera faced minor leaguers Kyle Roller and Rob Segedin and played mind games with Segedin.
“You better swing,’’ Rivera said to the Teaneck, N.J., native before delivering the first pitch of the workout.
When you have been around as long as Rivera, throwing batting practice is normally another mundane step to getting ready for a season.
Yet, because he hadn’t faced a hitter in so long, baseball’s all-time saves leader, with 608, was anxious.
“I wanted to see hitters. I didn’t do nothing different than from the bullpen [workouts],’’ Rivera said.“It helped me to see how the ball was moving, location and how they are swinging.’’
Rivera, who continues to wear a small brace on his right knee, said it didn’t take a serious knee injury last May to make him realize he likes what he does for a living.
“I am excited to feel the mound and see hitters. It was great,’’ said Rivera, who hadn’t thrown to a batter since last April 30, when he secured a 2-1 win over the Orioles by getting Nick Markakis to bang into a 6-4-3 double play.“I always appreciate it, that’s why I love the game of baseball. You don’t know when the last day you play [comes].’’
So when is the last day for Rivera?
“I don’t know, I will let you know,’’ said Rivera, who has decided what his future beyond this season is, but isn’t ready to make it public.
If yesterday was another step toward the end it was like all the other ones: smooth.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#271056 Feb 23, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
So no Yankee chat. And I'll bet you seriously wonder why I dumped this forum.
Of course there's Yankee talk......

I was watching a show on ESPN the other day, and they were going through the teams in each division, talking about who will win the divisions, the WC's etc.

When they got to the AL East, they spoke about the additions of the BlueJays, the year the O's had last year, and the experience and talent the Yankees have, and mentioned they would not rule out Tampa having a big year with their pitching staff. Funny part was, no one even mentioned your beloved Sox. You guys sure got a lot more props when Bobby the Brain was still at ESPN.

“Jackie Bradley”

2014 Rookie of the Year

#271057 Feb 23, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR library? Why would I want to look at Star Wars coloring books & NAMBLA magazines?
I still use the Library and why not? We're paying for these services whether we use them or not. There are people out there like academic types and serious students that need these resouces.

“Jackie Bradley”

2014 Rookie of the Year

#271058 Feb 23, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
I was watching a show on ESPN the other day, and they were going through the teams in each division, talking about who will win the divisions, the WC's etc.
When they got to the AL East, they spoke about the additions of the BlueJays, the year the O's had last year, and the experience and talent the Yankees have, and mentioned they would not rule out Tampa having a big year with their pitching staff. Funny part was, no one even mentioned your beloved Sox. You guys sure got a lot more props when Bobby the Brain was still at ESPN.
Very astute post Harley, there has been a lot of turtle head in the media and from the RSN faithful since the Sox collapse of 2011. All the over night sabtremetrics guru's that were invented in 2004 all were chest fallen over Carl Crawford. And with the NY Times looking to drop the Boston Globe who's subscription rate is hal what it was in 2006 there are less voices out there talking about the Sox.

I don't see as many Red Sox hats being worn these days. Wonder where they all went? But the real Sox fan, all 250,000 of them are still proudly there.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#271059 Feb 23, 2013
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>

only a red sox homer fan will claim over 500, and better then the yanks, refuse to discuss in depth the great pick ups of napoli and the bad hip vs an all star gonzo...or gomes the guy who strikes out,a 240 hitter, horrible fielder and claim he was made for fenway..victorino who had a horrible year, the 3 or 4 number ones he claimed who all pitched like 5's...or bucholtz and his bad back, 3 managers in 3 year, francona and his book ripping to shreds the management of the sox and others, the supposed strong minor leagues that have done nothing to help the past 3 years. the great kalish we heard about over and over, injured

yet, bring up yank injuries, yank failures

its like an ostrich hiding his head in the sand...total bs...

“Jackie Bradley”

2014 Rookie of the Year

#271060 Feb 23, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
only a red sox homer fan will claim over 500, and better then the yanks, refuse to discuss in depth the great pick ups of napoli and the bad hip vs an all star gonzo...or gomes the guy who strikes out,a 240 hitter, horrible fielder and claim he was made for fenway..victorino who had a horrible year, the 3 or 4 number ones he claimed who all pitched like 5's...or bucholtz and his bad back, 3 managers in 3 year, francona and his book ripping to shreds the management of the sox and others, the supposed strong minor leagues that have done nothing to help the past 3 years. the great kalish we heard about over and over, injured
yet, bring up yank injuries, yank failures
its like an ostrich hiding his head in the sand...total bs...
I think its possible the Sox could win 82 games in 2013, but anything better than that would be a miracle.

“The No Troll Zone”

Since: Jan 13

Where it's at.

#271061 Feb 23, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I still use the Library and why not? We're paying for these services whether we use them or not. There are people out there like academic types and serious students that need these resouces.
EXACTLY! Why not? It's a fantastic service. Why would I go to a book store (which is basically non-existant today anyway, thanks to Amazon) & buy a book that I might not like & then need to find space in my home for when I can borrow, read it, & send it back for another one? My family goes every other week, we take out a handful of books, sometimes a movie or two. Last week I finished "Forever Blue: The True Story of Walter O'Malley" & "The Last Lion of Baseball" which is George Stienbrenner's biography.(he was quite the prick, that Stienbrenner) I'm currently reading "Bruce", the Bruce Springsteen biography. Great book by the way. Lined up next is "Waging Heavy Peace", the Neil Young biography. I like biographys. Also finally watched the movie "Ray" last night. I forgot who it was that said it in here, but he was absolutely right. Fantastic movie. That one, I'll have to add to my own collection.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#271062 Feb 23, 2013
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its possible the Sox could win 82 games in 2013, but anything better than that would be a miracle.

anything is possible, is it likely, hell no. too many good things have to happen. doubt it. they have packed it in too often. they need outstanding years from napoli, gomes and victorino..based on last year, it could get ugly

who knows if bucholtz the fragile one will be good for long..or which lester shows up...doubrant, fat..lackey, forget it...dempster is nothing good and got tagged too often last year.

in other words, 75 wins, more likely. tops. hey, that is improvment, lmao..

“I hate math”

Since: Oct 07

But I love counting money

#271063 Feb 23, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR library? Why would I want to look at Star Wars coloring books & NAMBLA magazines?
Dude, Star Wars is awesome. Best movie ever

“I hate math”

#271064 Feb 23, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! Why not? It's a fantastic service. Why would I go to a book store (which is basically non-existant today anyway, thanks to Amazon) & buy a book that I might not like & then need to find space in my home for when I can borrow, read it, & send it back for another one? My family goes every other week, we take out a handful of books, sometimes a movie or two. Last week I finished "Forever Blue: The True Story of Walter O'Malley" & "The Last Lion of Baseball" which is George Stienbrenner's biography.(he was quite the prick, that Stienbrenner) I'm currently reading "Bruce", the Bruce Springsteen biography. Great book by the way. Lined up next is "Waging Heavy Peace", the Neil Young biography. I like biographys. Also finally watched the movie "Ray" last night. I forgot who it was that said it in here, but he was absolutely right. Fantastic movie. That one, I'll have to add to my own collection.
Well this figures since you're an Obama lover. Look this nation needs to trim its govt and deficit. The only libraries that should be open are in schools and in private buildings like mine where the residents finace it thru maintenance fees. No need for public libraries in this age we live in. You Obama loonies just refuse to cut back. You feel you live in this entitled system with no regard for costs. Our economy will collapse and when it does, expect a loaf of bread in the supermarket to be $20. While I'll unhappily be able to survive, you and your family will suffer. And after then, you'll wish Obama never came into power. You'll have to learn the hard way

“I hate math”

#271065 Feb 23, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you about Ray. Your welcome

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#271066 Feb 23, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>I told you about Ray. Your welcome
No you didn't. I'm pretty sure it was HarleyRider.

You wouldn't watch "Ray". It's about a great black man. And we all know the coward racist piece of shit you are. Jim Crow loving redneck asshole. Go color in your Star Wars coloring books, you immature little fool. Nobody here fears you.

Say one more thing about Obama. I've got that essay just itching to be posted. I can stretch it into at least 5 pages in here.

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#271067 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>Dude, Star Wars is awesome. Best movie ever
A kiddie movie. For a kiddie brain. Try watching some grownup movies. That is if you're allowed to watch anything over a PG rating without your Daddy being present to explain to you the confusing sex parts...

“The No Troll Zone”

Where it's at.

#271068 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>Well this figures since you're an Obama lover. Look this nation needs to trim its govt and deficit. The only libraries that should be open are in schools and in private buildings like mine where the residents finace it thru maintenance fees. No need for public libraries in this age we live in. You Obama loonies just refuse to cut back. You feel you live in this entitled system with no regard for costs. Our economy will collapse and when it does, expect a loaf of bread in the supermarket to be $20. While I'll unhappily be able to survive, you and your family will suffer. And after then, you'll wish Obama never came into power. You'll have to learn the hard way
When was the last time you even read a book that didn't have more pictures than words?

“I hate math”

#271069 Feb 23, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't watch "Ray". It's about a great black man. And we all know the coward racist piece of shit you are. Jim Crow loving redneck asshole. Go color in your Star Wars coloring books, you immature little fool. Nobody here fears you.
Say one more thing about Obama. I've got that essay just itching to be posted. I can stretch it into at least 5 pages in here.
Wrong! Harley may have also posted about Ray but I told you about it first. And by the way, I was hoping Herman Cain would have been president and posted such many times during the primaries and before. And today, my favorite politician in Florida is Allen West. You'll have to look him up but hes a great man. No racism with me ever.

“I hate math”

#271070 Feb 23, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
A kiddie movie. For a kiddie brain. Try watching some grownup movies. That is if you're allowed to watch anything over a PG rating without your Daddy being present to explain to you the confusing sex parts...
Dude, you're getting into a topic where you know very little compared to me and thats movies. I know all kinds from all era's

“I hate math”

#271071 Feb 23, 2013
And give me the hearts away. I'm out

“I hate math”

#271072 Feb 23, 2013
Unreal. 2 minutes its posted and already given hearts. You really have no life checking this forum every 30 seconds

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#271073 Feb 23, 2013
The Anti-Troll wrote:
<quoted text>

that was one of the shout outs...done for a few reasons. of course a lie and next to get the people who did it to call him a liar...he enjoys and loves lying...as long as he gets posted back, he is happy...you can call him any name in the book and its attention. the next thing was to annoy you, full well knowing that you would catch it..

only 1 dope on here is not smart about the shout outs, stalkings and lies...

and again, trust me, he is in on all of momma phony stories,hell, he made up about 50% of them anyway.

you would think he is 13, not going on 34.

“Lets go Mets/49ers”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#271074 Feb 23, 2013
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Last year I said the AL East was wide open and the Yankees wouldn't contend for a WS spot.
And I was right.
This year its open again and the Sox have depth, Yankees have none.
I'd pick the Jays as well except that Gibbons is a lousy manager and they are a team that couldn't win who picked up alot of players who couldn't win.
So its wide open.
hey buddy, won thing we know is 1972 is calling and they will be stuck in 1972 for years to come. LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East-Elmhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min No Warming 47,627
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Obama the tool 15,778
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 3 hr grave digger 5,609
The Three R's: Reichwing Republican Rants (Sep '10) 3 hr grave digger 1,261
Social media has made going to prom extremely e... May '14 brian sten 1
loan offer apply now (Oct '13) Oct '13 jean murrey 1
Queens couple dead in a murder-suicide (Apr '09) Apr '13 Tee 37

East-Elmhurst News Video

East-Elmhurst Dating
Find my Match

East-Elmhurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

East-Elmhurst News, Events & Info