Service for Oak Beach Inn owner

Full story: Newsday 186
For three decades, Robert Matherson loomed large over two areas of Long Island life: Its nightlife, where he was king of revelers, and its political life where he was most comfortable playing role of critic of ... Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Rush to be Arrested

Lindenhurst, NY

#191 Mar 10, 2012
Gloria Allred is not happy with Limbaugh’s controversial comments about Sandra Fluke. Limbaugh’s apology has not kept her from publicly reaching out to the state attorney in Palm Beach County (where Limbaugh is based), calling for Limbaugh to be officially prosecuted due to a possible violation of a defamation clause in the Florida Statutes.
Rev Wright

Riverhead, NY

#192 Mar 10, 2012
Rush to be Arrested wrote:
Gloria Allred is not happy with Limbaugh’s controversial comments about Sandra Fluke. Limbaugh’s apology has not kept her from publicly reaching out to the state attorney in Palm Beach County (where Limbaugh is based), calling for Limbaugh to be officially prosecuted due to a possible violation of a defamation clause in the Florida Statutes.
Make my day!

What are the chances that any DA will touch this BS.

Bill Maher will be doing triple life before that happens.
Barry G

Briarcliff Manor, NY

#193 Jul 22, 2012
tommy s wrote:
i was one of the first bartenders at the obi south(1969), the only mgr of the obi west and a partner in the obi east and west 2. i shared both good and bad times with bobby and learned a lot about him. he was a business genius. he created something that can never be duplicated. he had a great sense of humor. it seems that only people who have achieved great success leave behind people who liked and disliked them. i'm happy that danny b at last has someone to drink with. henry and ace i hope all is well. and to All the beautiful women, thanks for the memories

Hey Tommy -I work at the VA hospital in Northport in Psychiarty ,one day Hank was there as a pt.. Went to Bobby's and Donald's funerals. Hope your still alive to read this .Ace
Ishmael

New York, NY

#194 Feb 22, 2013
LegalUSCitizen wrote:
Though I didnt go there oftern (Malibu in Long Beach is where I went...from Brentwood!) I did have an issue one night...I was the designated driver and decided I wanted to just have water and not soda...The bartender wanted to charge me for a cup of tap water. When I told him why he said he had to charge for the water...Needless to say I never went there again.
Yeah, you showed him.
Jim

Tampa, FL

#195 Apr 18, 2013
Run262 wrote:
May I add a special thanks to Denis McCarthy, the OBI catering manager who was a hands-on manager and great guy.
Semper Fi my friend.
Thank you for the kinds words. Denis was my uncle.
Zar

Smithtown, NY

#196 Oct 17, 2013
As someone who grew up on the block that was in the neighborhood to the north, I am surprised that no one has mentioned the murder that took place in the parking lot. The date was like 80ish?.. As a kid who grew up there, I remember it well. The parents of the kids on Old Landers Ct. used to let us kid play in the parking lot in off hours....then the murder...it was off limits. I can still my mother standing on the front lawn of our house with the garden hose in her hands as the place went up in flames.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East-Elmhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 35 min Displaced Met Fan 35,125
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min grave digger 47,499
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 49 min jimi-yank 11,064
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr grave digger 15,621
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr The_Box 306,276
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 1 hr the Don 3,089
New York Welcomes Ebola 1 hr Titsag 2

East-Elmhurst News Video

East-Elmhurst Dating
Find my Match

East-Elmhurst Jobs

East-Elmhurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

East-Elmhurst News, Events & Info