Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.
Comments
46,621 - 46,640 of 58,660 Comments Last updated 27 min ago
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#48283 May 31, 2012
More troubling news. Check out National Catholic Reporter's coverage of Cardinal Dolan's "pay-outs" to abusive priests when he was Archbishop of Milwaukee. A smart business move? Sleaze? I don't know what to think.
salomea

Buffalo, NY

#48284 May 31, 2012
Cape Cod wrote:
<quoted text>Note the comment about his owning a house on the Cape with another priest. Anywhere near Provincetown? Might we be getting a closeted gay bishop?
Bingo! Thought I'd let you guys figure it out for youselves.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#48285 Jun 1, 2012
Most priests are appointed for a term of 3 or 6 years at a particular parish. Once their term is completed, do they usually move on or can they opt for another 3 or 6 years at the same parish? What is the trend?
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#48286 Jun 1, 2012
Gays wrote:
<quoted text> Gatto and Burkhard are coowner of their summer house. Any connection there?What about Orlowski and Mattulke? Do not forget the famous siamese twins of Gaglione and Kowalczyk.
Anyone who stepped and fetched for Law has dirty hands. Sorry kids, this guy will do nothing to rock the boat.
Cranberry

Buffalo, NY

#48287 Jun 1, 2012
Well with a new bishop Dunkirk Dupa won't have anything more to compalin about.
Play Ball

Buffalo, NY

#48288 Jun 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> A lesson I learned a long time ago. "The only people who gossip about homosexuals are other homosexuals."
Yes Fr.Hetero, did you ever do it with a girl?
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#48289 Jun 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
More troubling news. Check out National Catholic Reporter's coverage of Cardinal Dolan's "pay-outs" to abusive priests when he was Archbishop of Milwaukee. A smart business move? Sleaze? I don't know what to think.

I am surprised at your last sentence. It is my understanding that the basic mantra has always been "you have to go along,to get along" A lot of these guys do not want to rock the boat.

The Dunkirk Connection

Dunkirk, NY

#48290 Jun 1, 2012
Cranberry wrote:
Well with a new bishop Dunkirk Dupa won't have anything more to compalin about.
SSDD
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#48291 Jun 1, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
I am surprised at your last sentence. It is my understanding that the basic mantra has always been "you have to go along,to get along" A lot of these guys do not want to rock the boat.
This is the basic mentality throught the church. If you rock the boat,you wil be sent to a psychiatrist.
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#48292 Jun 1, 2012
Some one noted that a priest to be avoided at all costs is Father Stephen Muth of the Byzantine Catholic church. His name is on bishopaccountability. Also avoid Jason Dolan,(now in jail,) and Glenn Davidovich,who is on smokinggun.com . Another questionable person is Archimandrite Joseph (Lee) of Holy Cross Monastery in Washington,DC. Just ask any priest of the Eparchy of Passaic about him.
anonymous

New York, NY

#48294 Jun 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
The Buffalo News printed this story on Dolan today.
Fr Hetero

North Tonawanda, NY

#48295 Jun 1, 2012
Play Ball wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Fr.Hetero, did you ever do it with a girl?
Does my Mom count?
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#48296 Jun 1, 2012
Play Ball wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Fr.Hetero, did you ever do it with a girl?
My psch reports for seminary evaluated me as heterosexual. As Father Irving G. always said,"Consider yourself refuted".
anonymous

Grand Island, NY

#48297 Jun 1, 2012
Anti-Catholicism is the one remaining prejudice that is acceptable in the US. The media will continue non-stop negative articles about the Catholic Church, and continue to avoid negative coverage of other religions, Public Schools,and the Obama Administration. They give heavy positive publicity to ANY former Catholic willing to oppose the Catholic Church - think of the local Congress members, the editor of the Buffalo News, LCWR, and others.
June 8 there will be another religious freedom rally in Niagara Square.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#48298 Jun 1, 2012
anonymous wrote:
Anti-Catholicism is the one remaining prejudice that is acceptable in the US. The media will continue non-stop negative articles about the Catholic Church, and continue to avoid negative coverage of other religions, Public Schools,and the Obama Administration. They give heavy positive publicity to ANY former Catholic willing to oppose the Catholic Church - think of the local Congress members, the editor of the Buffalo News, LCWR, and others.
June 8 there will be another religious freedom rally in Niagara Square.
May I be so rude as to inquire, who is anti-Catholic here? Please respond in one reply,with all due respect.:>)
anonymous

West Milford, NJ

#48299 Jun 1, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
<quoted text>
May I be so rude as to inquire, who is anti-Catholic here? Please respond in one reply,with all due respect.:>)
Actually, I have never detected any anti-Catholicism on this blog. Some cynicism. Some alienation. But for the most part, Catholics expressing the love and concern for the church from different points of view.(There was a nasty anti-Semite,always attacking Fr. Zuffoletto in Lewiston, but he has left the blog.)
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#48300 Jun 2, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I have never detected any anti-Catholicism on this blog. Some cynicism. Some alienation. But for the most part, Catholics expressing the love and concern for the church from different points of view.(There was a nasty anti-Semite,always attacking Fr. Zuffoletto in Lewiston, but he has left the blog.)
That person seemed to think people were anti-Catholic. I think the people are just so disillusioned with the DOB that they think they are anti-Catholic. By the way, Vatican II happened. I have been dying to say that. Perhaps if it was more accepted,we would not be having all these difficulties.
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#48301 Jun 2, 2012
The following is a quote from the Diocese of Portland, Maine:
"Bishop Malone will be installed as the 14th Bishop of Buffalo on August 10, 2012, 2 p.m. at St. Joseph Cathedral in downtown Buffalo. With his appointment as Bishop of Buffalo, he is now administrator and no longer bishop of the Diocese of Portland."

So, I gather that means that Bishop Malone, although not yet Bishop of Buffalo, has been named administrator of the Diocese of Buffalo, effective immediately, unseating Bishop Kmiek as of last Tuesday.
It is odd, then, that the DOB website said the following:
"On Wednesday, May 30, Bishop Malone will return to Maine."
I wonder if that wasn't phrased in that way to fool some people into thinking that Kmiek was still active Bishop? He is not. He has been replaced by an administrator who will make all the decisions instead of Kmiek.
Hamburger

AOL

#48302 Jun 2, 2012
Malone is administrator of Portland and Kmiek is now administrator of DOB....neither one is Bishop of either diocese.
Mary of Magdela

Buffalo, NY

#48303 Jun 2, 2012
anonymous wrote:
The following is a quote from the Diocese of Portland, Maine:
"Bishop Malone will be installed as the 14th Bishop of Buffalo on August 10, 2012, 2 p.m. at St. Joseph Cathedral in downtown Buffalo. With his appointment as Bishop of Buffalo, he is now administrator and no longer bishop of the Diocese of Portland."
So, I gather that means that Bishop Malone, although not yet Bishop of Buffalo, has been named administrator of the Diocese of Buffalo, effective immediately, unseating Bishop Kmiek as of last Tuesday.
It is odd, then, that the DOB website said the following:
"On Wednesday, May 30, Bishop Malone will return to Maine."
I wonder if that wasn't phrased in that way to fool some people into thinking that Kmiek was still active Bishop? He is not. He has been replaced by an administrator who will make all the decisions instead of Kmiek.
Interesting! Maybe we should cross our fingers and pray that no one in the DOB is happy about the new Bis. Be still my heart!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

East Amherst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Year Long investigation Leads to the Arrest of ... 8 hr franko 1
Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt (Jun '06) 8 hr Who Me 2,986
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Austrian Expat 439
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 21 hr Who are trying to... 6,413
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Aug 29 Lol 16,779
Man sentenced up to 90 years in prison for 40 h... (Aug '09) Aug 28 Diamond Daisy 42
Police face challenges and frustrations in manhunt (Sep '06) Aug 20 henu 164
•••
•••
•••

East Amherst Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

East Amherst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••