California Man

Apache Junction, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

I just got through watching a show called "Gene Williams". At first I thought it was a joke as I was flipping through the channels. Is this guy all there? I mean I could not understand a word he said. Is he black mailing Lucus Oil or something?
kks

Osceola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

hes a drunk. thats why you cant understand him. he is a joke..
Adam

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

i think he changed oil in Johnny Cash's car once and that made him famous.

He needs to swallel a bottle of that Lucas Stabilizer so we can understand him.

Does anyone know a Gene Williams Song?
neice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

Uh have you even thought about the age he is, no he is not a drunk he actually has stopped drinking & that's not the reason why you cant under stand him he has been in and out of the hospital since about 2 years ago, really sick and tired of gettin on here and see people talking shit about MY uncle yeah he is a bitch at times but that man has helped dyess out. Opened the pop shop and a carwash seems to me he has helped it out a lot, if you didn't like his show then okay nobody cares just don't watch it just remember that man is sitting on a hell of a lot more money than you redneck dyess people will EVER have. He never changed oil in his car he has a part owner ship in lucas oil company, before you get on such a lame website to talk shit at least get your facts right & another thing find something else to do with your life than get on topix and talk shit.. honestly he has told half of you people off, if you haven't been a decent person to him to his face I mean come on why would he be nice to yall, FYI smoking to many cigs can cause all the problems yall are sayin why can't you understand him that & old age at least he has his own teeth unlike half the people in that crack head town . Get a life and stop talking about this man I mean do yall sit around and just think about stupid stuff to get started on here, well I forgot who I'm talking to on here a bunch of retarted people so i expect nothing less from people like you.. hope you all get a great kick out of this all I have to say is this has got to be the moat stupid thread I have ever seen on here before seems like yall are the ones who need help, he closed everything down because he saw how ungreatful that town was.
Captain Redneck

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Actually the man made a damned good living as a promoter,providing work for folks like Johnny Cash and taking all the money risk to boot.When we lived in his momma's house out on road 1,we found a stack of old fliers from a supper club he had at mountain home I believe it was back in the '60's.There was a slough of big name country acts that went through that place alone,any one of which if most folks had met they still would be braggin on it.The fine folks at Lucas oil have had him promoting their products for years and had he been elected mayor,his expertise at promotion and making money along with the support of his sponsors(Lucas Oil) would have been EXACTLY what Dyess needed to get the whole "Johnny Cash lived here" thing off the ground and turning a profit.But,HELL NAW!!! It had to be all or nothing so now you get your cut of NOTHING,are back to just having Gladdens and nothing else,and gonna have a big time with a busload of swedish folks that YALL get to feed and entertain at YALL's expense with no chance in hell of the town benefitting from it because you run off the one outfit with the knowledge,wherewithall and proven ability to make it happen because ol dude wanted his end out of it and liked to have a drink.
knows

Osceola, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Agree with you on that Captain.
Luke

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2011

Judged:

The problem is that all the money in the world can't MAKE people like you. And money doesn't give you respect, you have to earn it. And you can't treat people badly, and think that they're just gonna forget about it. Truth is Gene is an ass! And no amount of money is gonna change that. You cannot be sucessful in politics, if you don't know how to talk to people. Even your opponents. I think Gene thinks that he can buy people's kindness, their respect, and their loyalty. But you can't. And even if they take your money and feign loyalty, they really just smile at you out of one side of their mouth while smirking at you out of the other. People don't dislike Gene because they are ungrateful, they dislike him because he's unlikeable. And for him to "close" everything down, reminds me of a spoiled child who wants to take all his toys and go back home!
stupid

Lepanto, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

they stuck him on the council. what a crock. i cannot believe the council is so damn stupid. but i guess i can look who we have. damn joke that is what it is.
hal-white

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

neice wrote:
Uh have you even thought about the age he is, no he is not a drunk he actually has stopped drinking & that's not the reason why you cant under stand him he has been in and out of the hospital since about 2 years ago, really sick and tired of gettin on here and see people talking shit about MY uncle yeah he is a bitch at times but that man has helped dyess out. Opened the pop shop and a carwash seems to me he has helped it out a lot, if you didn't like his show then okay nobody cares just don't watch it just remember that man is sitting on a hell of a lot more money than you redneck dyess people will EVER have. He never changed oil in his car he has a part owner ship in lucas oil company, before you get on such a lame website to talk shit at least get your facts right & another thing find something else to do with your life than get on topix and talk shit.. honestly he has told half of you people off, if you haven't been a decent person to him to his face I mean come on why would he be nice to yall, FYI smoking to many cigs can cause all the problems yall are sayin why can't you understand him that & old age at least he has his own teeth unlike half the people in that crack head town . Get a life and stop talking about this man I mean do yall sit around and just think about stupid stuff to get started on here, well I forgot who I'm talking to on here a bunch of retarted people so i expect nothing less from people like you.. hope you all get a great kick out of this all I have to say is this has got to be the moat stupid thread I have ever seen on here before seems like yall are the ones who need help, he closed everything down because he saw how ungreatful that town was.
He may have owned stock in Lucas Oil, but he was not part owner. A lot of people own stock but the owner and founder is Forrest Lucas. I guess you can't blame a man for wanting to be famous and have his name on things, especially as you get older and realize what the booze and smoking have done to you, but a person needs to go about it the right way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dyess Discussions

Search the Dyess Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Justin,Jason Easley, Brad Glover , Corey harbin... (Aug '13) 2 hr Karma hits hard 19
ready to talk 3 hr Karma hits hard 5
Rodney Harris 3 hr Karma hits hard 11
Jeff 3 hr huh 16
Prom Memories 7 hr mr disapponted 2
'Tyboogie's' to Bring Farm Fresh Dishes to Tyronza 8 hr Tyronza Resturant 8
Larry Whitefield 9 hr guest 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dyess Jobs

•••