Dixie Softball Ponytails

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Guest

Humboldt, TN

#1 Jul 28, 2012
These young ladies played their hearts out today at the World Series and won their game. Then because of their dumb stupid coach, they had it taken away from them. He doesn't know even the simplest rules of the game. Shame on him and God bless those girls.
Guest

United States

#2 Jul 28, 2012
Guest wrote:
These young ladies played their hearts out today at the World Series and won their game. Then because of their dumb stupid coach, they had it taken away from them. He doesn't know even the simplest rules of the game. Shame on him and God bless those girls.
Please elaborate as to what rule was broken...
Guest

Humboldt, TN

#3 Jul 28, 2012
Illegal number of innings pitched. Basic rule all coaches should know. This coach especially as his daughter is a pitcher.
Guest

Sioux Falls, SD

#4 Jul 28, 2012
Guest wrote:
Illegal number of innings pitched. Basic rule all coaches should know. This coach especially as his daughter is a pitcher.
That's another stupid Dixie rule anyway
Guest

Sioux Falls, SD

#5 Jul 28, 2012
Who were they playing and where?
guest

Humboldt, TN

#6 Jul 29, 2012
If he doesnt know the rules, his ass shouldnt be a coach.its in the rule plain as everybody should understand. The girls got a good screwing from their coaches, sorry girls .
Guest

United States

#7 Aug 1, 2012
Come on now it's not about winning or losing its about teaching and learning the game.
guest

United States

#8 Aug 1, 2012
Guest wrote:
Come on now it's not about winning or losing its about teaching and learning the game.
you are an idiot....there are two typeds of people in the world...winners and losers.
You are a fool to teach yoir children differently.
guest

Humboldt, TN

#9 Aug 1, 2012
when the girls play their hearts out and lose. thats life but when the coach is a dumb ass and dont know the rules, that is something else.Feel sorry for the girls to have to go thru this.
Guest

Byhalia, MS

#10 Aug 1, 2012
Dixie is for the love of the game not winning or losing. That's why you play Dixie. If you lose it was still fun.
guest

United States

#11 Aug 1, 2012
Guest wrote:
Dixie is for the love of the game not winning or losing. That's why you play Dixie. If you lose it was still fun.
then your kids will mow my kids lawns....thanks.
TN State Champ Mom

Dyersburg, TN

#12 Aug 1, 2012
Congrats to our girls and coaches for winning the Sportsmanship Award at the World Series. We battled hard to win and lose, all the same, with dignity. For the prior posters and public...even the opposing Darlington coach who protested had to have the rule whispered into his ear from a South Carolina Dixie Official that we ignorantly violated the pitching rules. The pitcher was even cleared by the substitution official. A dreadful mistake...yes. But our girls and coaches represented the state of Tennessee as true sportsmen to rally back and fight with all might. When our girls cheered on the team we defeated in the next game, they sealed the deal as to what true sportsmen are. You accept defeat...keep your head high...and cheer those you eliminate. What an experience for the girls! Thank you so much for the support of everyone who contributed to help us at these games. The girls learned so much...had an experience they will never forget...and it could not have been achieved without their hard work and the support of the citizens of Dyersburg, Dyer County, and others in Tennessee.
Guest

Dyersburg, TN

#13 Aug 1, 2012
Our girls did come to win, but even though we didn't make it all of the way our girls are winners. It isn't all about winning. It is about battling and the undivided love for the game. Whether you lose or win, battling and trying your hardest to make it to the top is enough. If you teach your children that winning is the ultimate goal, and that winning first place is all that matters, then you are setting your children up to fail at some point in their lives. Our girls came, they saw, and they conquered. The parents, on the other hand, are a different story. I listened to gossip, slanderous words, and demotivational statements the entire time I was with the girls at the World Series from the parents. The parents need to learn from their inspiration and their inspiring children and coaches. It was the girls and the coaches who won the Sportsmanship Award.. not the parents. Topix is nothing but middle school/high school gossip, and it is disgusting. Do not bash the coaches nor the girls for their loss. The game was in God's hands, and obviously we were not meant to win this year. That is alright. There will be other games, other chances, and other battles to strive for the win. On the medal the girls received from the World Series it said "Participation Not Perfection". That is a load of crap. Our girls aren't perfect and neither are our coaches, but we fought and played a heck of a game. Our girls and coaches did their best, and that is all that should be said. I am thankful for everyone's contributions and for all of the support coming from individuals and the entire public. Winning is not what it is all about. Fighting and trying your best is winning, and our girls definitely won in this World Series. Congratulations girls and coaches. Ignore the negative comments. You all did so amazing, and I am very proud of each girl and coach.
Inside info

Finger, TN

#14 Aug 3, 2012
TN State Champ Mom wrote:
Congrats to our girls and coaches for winning the Sportsmanship Award at the World Series. We battled hard to win and lose, all the same, with dignity. For the prior posters and public...even the opposing Darlington coach who protested had to have the rule whispered into his ear from a South Carolina Dixie Official that we ignorantly violated the pitching rules. The pitcher was even cleared by the substitution official. A dreadful mistake...yes. But our girls and coaches represented the state of Tennessee as true sportsmen to rally back and fight with all might. When our girls cheered on the team we defeated in the next game, they sealed the deal as to what true sportsmen are. You accept defeat...keep your head high...and cheer those you eliminate. What an experience for the girls! Thank you so much for the support of everyone who contributed to help us at these games. The girls learned so much...had an experience they will never forget...and it could not have been achieved without their hard work and the support of the citizens of Dyersburg, Dyer County, and others in Tennessee.
. What they learned was that no matter how hard you work to achieve a goal, it can all be ruined by one person who does not care enough to read the rule book. He did not even have a post tourney sit down with the team! He should apologize to the girls for violating that rule and for completely blowing the last game.
Inside info

Finger, TN

#15 Aug 3, 2012
Guest wrote:
Our girls did come to win, but even though we didn't make it all of the way our girls are winners. It isn't all about winning. It is about battling and the undivided love for the game. Whether you lose or win, battling and trying your hardest to make it to the top is enough. If you teach your children that winning is the ultimate goal, and that winning first place is all that matters, then you are setting your children up to fail at some point in their lives. Our girls came, they saw, and they conquered. The parents, on the other hand, are a different story. I listened to gossip, slanderous words, and demotivational statements the entire time I was with the girls at the World Series from the parents. The parents need to learn from their inspiration and their inspiring children and coaches. It was the girls and the coaches who won the Sportsmanship Award.. not the parents. Topix is nothing but middle school/high school gossip, and it is disgusting. Do not bash the coaches nor the girls for their loss. The game was in God's hands, and obviously we were not meant to win this year. That is alright. There will be other games, other chances, and other battles to strive for the win. On the medal the girls received from the World Series it said "Participation Not Perfection". That is a load of crap. Our girls aren't perfect and neither are our coaches, but we fought and played a heck of a game. Our girls and coaches did their best, and that is all that should be said. I am thankful for everyone's contributions and for all of the support coming from individuals and the entire public. Winning is not what it is all about. Fighting and trying your best is winning, and our girls definitely won in this World Series. Congratulations girls and coaches. Ignore the negative comments. You all did so amazing, and I am very proud of each girl and coach.
. What is "inspiring" about having the team wait on you and be 30 minutes late for pre parade dinner because you didn't like your coaches shirt? Oh, and maybe next time bring a cooler for the girls water and Gatorade and leave the cooler of alcohol at home! The fact that they didn't win is a non issue, everyone knows how hard these girls played and that they were put out with a 2-1 record
Inside info

Finger, TN

#16 Aug 3, 2012
TN State Champ Mom wrote:
Congrats to our girls and coaches for winning the Sportsmanship Award at the World Series. We battled hard to win and lose, all the same, with dignity. For the prior posters and public...even the opposing Darlington coach who protested had to have the rule whispered into his ear from a South Carolina Dixie Official that we ignorantly violated the pitching rules. The pitcher was even cleared by the substitution official. A dreadful mistake...yes. But our girls and coaches represented the state of Tennessee as true sportsmen to rally back and fight with all might. When our girls cheered on the team we defeated in the next game, they sealed the deal as to what true sportsmen are. You accept defeat...keep your head high...and cheer those you eliminate. What an experience for the girls! Thank you so much for the support of everyone who contributed to help us at these games. The girls learned so much...had an experience they will never forget...and it could not have been achieved without their hard work and the support of the citizens of Dyersburg, Dyer County, and others in Tennessee.
If you listened to games on jockjive you would have heard what it takes to win sportsmanship. A major part is players and coaches following the rules. So, they should not have won sportsmanship, they goit out of pity! For violating that rule the coach was not supposed to be allowed at next ball game but begged officials to let him go because "his daughter doesn't play well without him". Every Dixie coach knows pitching limits in a major part of Dixie ball. There is NO EXCUSE for violating that rule.
concerned mom

United States

#17 Aug 3, 2012
Parents just received the remainder of our fundraising money which doesn't add up. Our money was for six days of hotel stay, and we only stayed 3. So there should be plenty of money left but the parents were given $35 a piece. You are a low life piece of shit when you steal from children and hard working parents. You will never coach my daughter again. A phone call and email will be made to your sponsors for your duck hunting shit, and we will see what they think about you being a thieving rat bastard. Prove receipts to the parents and give the money back punk! I will be emailing Drake tomorrow if nothing has been done to make this right. You are a dumbass! Congratulations for stealing from kids!
Concerned Informed Guest

Dyersburg, TN

#18 Aug 3, 2012
Why don't you all just say his name? It's J. Paul. He didn't mean to break the rule. As TN State Champ Mom wrote, the other team's COACH didn't even know the rule. That's why they protested it after the game, which, by the way, was also against the rules. So why don't you take your shit somewhere else, Guest and Inside info. Or at LEAST grow some balls enough to confront him to his face about it instead of bitching about it on a silly gossip site. Hannah is on the team, HIS own daughter. Do you think he really intended to cost the team the game? No. And especially to you, Inside Info, stop making fun of Hannah with that "his daughter doesn't play well without him there". I know damn well that your kid would not do as well without you, as a parent, there cheering them on and giving them support. Also, if you wanted your kid to have Gatorade, then you should have brought her some by yourself. You're a grown man/woman, and it's your kid. Plan ahead. And to the Concerned Mom, J. Paul didn't steal anything. He gave the money to every one fair and square. He loves each and every one of the girls on the team, and would NEVER take anything from them or their parents. So shut the hell up or stop being such a "rat bastard" and confront him about the amount of money you got if you're that unhappy with it.
Steve

Dyersburg, TN

#19 Aug 3, 2012
Concerned Informed Guest wrote:
Why don't you all just say his name? It's J. Paul. He didn't mean to break the rule. As TN State Champ Mom wrote, the other team's COACH didn't even know the rule. That's why they protested it after the game, which, by the way, was also against the rules. So why don't you take your shit somewhere else, Guest and Inside info. Or at LEAST grow some balls enough to confront him to his face about it instead of bitching about it on a silly gossip site. Hannah is on the team, HIS own daughter. Do you think he really intended to cost the team the game? No. And especially to you, Inside Info, stop making fun of Hannah with that "his daughter doesn't play well without him there". I know damn well that your kid would not do as well without you, as a parent, there cheering them on and giving them support. Also, if you wanted your kid to have Gatorade, then you should have brought her some by yourself. You're a grown man/woman, and it's your kid. Plan ahead. And to the Concerned Mom, J. Paul didn't steal anything. He gave the money to every one fair and square. He loves each and every one of the girls on the team, and would NEVER take anything from them or their parents. So shut the hell up or stop being such a "rat bastard" and confront him about the amount of money you got if you're that unhappy with it.
Amen !!!! It only takes one or two out of group of parents to cause turmoil.
You are an idiot too

Finger, TN

#20 Aug 3, 2012
Concerned Informed Guest wrote:
Why don't you all just say his name? It's J. Paul. He didn't mean to break the rule. As TN State Champ Mom wrote, the other team's COACH didn't even know the rule. That's why they protested it after the game, which, by the way, was also against the rules. So why don't you take your shit somewhere else, Guest and Inside info. Or at LEAST grow some balls enough to confront him to his face about it instead of bitching about it on a silly gossip site. Hannah is on the team, HIS own daughter. Do you think he really intended to cost the team the game? No. And especially to you, Inside Info, stop making fun of Hannah with that "his daughter doesn't play well without him there". I know damn well that your kid would not do as well without you, as a parent, there cheering them on and giving them support. Also, if you wanted your kid to have Gatorade, then you should have brought her some by yourself. You're a grown man/woman, and it's your kid. Plan ahead. And to the Concerned Mom, J. Paul didn't steal anything. He gave the money to every one fair and square. He loves each and every one of the girls on the team, and would NEVER take anything from them or their parents. So shut the hell up or stop being such a "rat bastard" and confront him about the amount of money you got if you're that unhappy with it.
Gatorade was donated and he said , well in advance, that he would supply a cooler. And in case you didn't know, parents were not allowed to bring drinks into the the ball park but coaches could bring a team cooler.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is Great 6 min joe 956
golf clubs 9 min Drew 3
Jenny Tidwell 17 min jenn 7
Stacy cracker barrel 32 min my haters 16
Box cover up 1 hr Exposed 1
Karen Walmart Assiatant Manager Dyersburg 1 hr forgotten memories 3
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 2 hr Queue 99,211
Dairy Queen 8 hr Guest 3
Dyer County High School Tue justsaying 12