Go to last page| Jump to page:

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

I just got through readihg the article on the accident on I55 where the driver got seriously injuried and sent to the Med. I read the comments about the state gazette not printing the name and only putting certain things in the paper. A friend of mine supposedtely had a motorcycle wreck and they put that on the front page along with his name and addresss. And he did not die. I never understood that. They really do only put what they want. I believe that was put in there for a cover up. When the State Gazette was called about it they said where the accident was supposed to have happened it had to be called in they wpo\ld not have just been there. They also said they do not usually put a name in there and especially an address. Well I can tell yo this there is a lot being uncovered about that accident and it certainly did not happen like it was told thank God he lived to tell the story. But the only reason it was put in the papaer was for somr kind of cover up. That was by no means a front page article. By the way he is doing great.
The Newborn

Trenton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

those smug bastards reprint garfield strips from like 7 years ago too. i can't believe the freaking world.
trash

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

yes,they are a shabby outfit....they put what they want, not what we want, or even decent news. many things happen that are not in the paper, some things in the paper are not worth reading. I no of a person that died, they misspelled his name , and when advised about it, they were arrogant and never printed a correction. This is one OVERPRICED PIECE OF CRAP. You get 10x the paper in Jackson for the same price. It is unfortunate that those that run it have let it get this bad. It could be a great community paper. I bet if you placed High School kids in charge it would improve dramatically.
Reader

Covington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

trash wrote:
yes,they are a shabby outfit....they put what they want, not what we want, or even decent news. many things happen that are not in the paper, some things in the paper are not worth reading. I no of a person that died, they misspelled his name , and when advised about it, they were arrogant and never printed a correction. This is one OVERPRICED PIECE OF CRAP. You get 10x the paper in Jackson for the same price. It is unfortunate that those that run it have let it get this bad. It could be a great community paper. I bet if you placed High School kids in charge it would improve dramatically.
AMEN to that! It is by far the sorriest excuse for a small town paper I have ever seen and I've read a lot of small town papers. This paper may be good for lining a bird cage but other than that, I am thoroughly disgusted with what they call "news." You find out more news on topix than you ever do in this "newspaper" and that alone should make them feel ashamed. And as for the errors they make, where do you start? I can tell you that in any other city, you would be fired for INCOMPETENCE if you lacked the basic ability to spell simple words and put the right name with the right picture. Every time I think it can't get any worse, they prove that their carelessness, laziness and incompetence has no limits.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

they report what they want to ?all of them are really sorry reporters in my book.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

I'm not saying that the state regret is a good paper.....I am not, but to say you get more news on topix is absurd. Omg!

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

guest wrote:
I'm not saying that the state regret is a good paper.....I am not, but to say you get more news on topix is absurd. Omg!
Actually I would have to disagree. There are several things that I have learned about on topix that was never in the paper. I'm not talking about gossip either. Topix could be used for good if people would let it be. I've read about many things on topix weeks before it was ever in the paper.
Reader

Covington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

guest wrote:
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion which I will not insult. However, as others have stated before, there have been many legitimate news items posted on Topix that were never published in the State Gazette. Maybe you just missed them.
the paper sucks

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

There is nothing more to say. We all know a 1 year old's birthday is more important than any relevant news in this town.
reader

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

I'll quit my job if the State Gazette will give me a job as a proof reader and pay me a dollar for each mistake I find.

Take your time this week and read every line, from front to back. Missing words, misspelled words and missing punctuation. It really is pathetic.
trojan fan

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

hey guest and reader they've got an opening at the state gazette if you would like to apply for the position,im looking forward to reading your articles when you get the job,of course im sure what news you report will be so overwhelmingly interesting that they will want to raise the price of the paper again.

“Whatever it is, I'm against it”

Since: Jan 10

Newbern, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

The State Gazette Is not even worth recycling to be turned into toilet paper. They ignore any story that would embarrass one of the publisher's buddies. Of course, that makes them absolutely no different from most of the so called "media."
Disagree

Marco, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

I find the State Gazette is one in a long line of fine media publications. My cat shits on it every day and she has no complaints at this time.

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

guest wrote:
maybe topix should take over the state gazette? we might get better news. remember the paper when it use to print who ate with who on sunday and who chased the ambulance and fire truck besides dogs.

I could not believe people could be eating a meal here and a fire truck or ambulance would go by and they would run to the cars and chase them lol for real. This place likes to tell people here to get a life .

but it was a better place in time when families did get together for meals and 40 or 50 would show up bringing a dish on sunday no drinking no drugging because no one was into them or even knew about drunks and drugs. just gardens and talking about life going on fishing hunting the women cooking quilting and etc and enjoying sitting on the front porch . kind of peaceful. amidst the out side world they did not know about.

that was life and living family, one family not many divorces if any at all. families stayed together. what happened?
Reader

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

The other night the SG was late getting to me so it was dark when I went out to look for it. I couldn't find a flashlight so I just took a match with me. When I finally found it I thought "what the heck, I've already got the match lit, I may as well go ahead and read it."

I've subscribed for over 50 years and it's worse now than ever before. It is about the most useless pos I ever bring into my house. Every year I promise myself I will quit taking it, but my wife likes to read the obituaries.

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

you can find out more on topix most of the time. the best thing since the news paper and radio . a way to speak out!
Mildred Cole Arnold

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Don't submit a story or complaint to the State Gazette about any company that advertises with them. You will be ignored like you don't exist. I thought it was relevent that my son, a Kroger employee for 18 years, was fired by Kroger Manager Mike Stevens, for; are you ready for this? EATING ROLLS WITH HIS SOUP. I would have thought it would at least spark some curiosity, but I was wrong. I, at least hope that the employees at the paper passed it around before they dumped it in trash. Backwards little towns remain backwards little towns that protect their own sneaky, mean, heartless peers.
agree

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

and stormy is all talk and crazzzy?:)
anon

Irving, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

I very seriously doubt anyone would be fired for eating rolls. Unless they were not paid for, which would be stealing.
Mildred Cole Arnold

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

anon wrote:
I very seriously doubt anyone would be fired for eating rolls. Unless they were not paid for, which would be stealing.
Come To Dyersburg sometime and talk to former and current employees, and then decide what would and would not happen. There are many people, that, based on their own experiences in life, find it impossible that there are puffed-up, middle management people, wearing a white shirt, tie and a name tag with their title on it, who target certain people in their employ, who don't quiver in their boots when that person walks by. These people are a threat to a man who realizes that he is as high as he is going to go up the career ladder, and he will destroy the life of anyone that seems a threat. If you don't know this you are living a blessed life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

122 Users are viewing the Dyersburg Forum right now

Search the Dyersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 7 min WTSenior 123,926
God 15 min believer 9
jeannie ramey and justin mcguire (Dec '11) 36 min idk 12
landlords complaining about renters 37 min Hmm 10
Stop 51 min alrighty 9
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 1 hr Wabbit 5,950
lisa parson (Jul '09) 1 hr guest 11
Melissa Crews of Cold Noses Warm Hearts Rescue? (Aug '12) 4 hr guest2 55
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 4 hr Guess what 95,203
heart broken 6 hr believer 71
New City Mayor 19 hr Agree 50
•••
•••