Fatal accident kills 1

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

A 21-year-old Colorado resident was killed Friday when his Jeep Cherokee was struck by a pick-up truck at about 10:30 p.m. Aaron Dwyer, of Durango, Colo., was pronounced dead on the scene from blunt force trauma, according to a statement released by the San Juan County Sheriff's Office.
Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated May 11, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Heidi

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

Sage did your mother ever tell you "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"? There is enough pain and suffering in this world without your mean spirited comments.

“Let's go racing boys!!”

Since: Feb 09

Farmington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2009

I knew Aaron and his father. Everybody in the SCA will greatly miss him. He was a wonderful man. My prayers are with his family and also with our SCA family as well. RIP AARON (rapheal)
Julio

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Sage Kills wrote:
Meh...If that "good" kid was too stupid to understand that a STOP sign means "stop"...then it's just nature's way of weeding out the dumb one's! Glad he was the only 1 to die and not take any innocent people with him for his DUMB mistake!
Com'on Sage, have a heart at least for the next four days while the family of the decrease grief the death of their beloved child. Just to let you know you are way over the line on this, practically un-human.

If possible, Daily Times should lift Sage's comment from the forum.
Not happy with comm

Aiken, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

Sage Kills wrote:
Meh...If that "good" kid was too stupid to understand that a STOP sign means "stop"...then it's just nature's way of weeding out the dumb one's! Glad he was the only 1 to die and not take any innocent people with him for his DUMB mistake!
I forgive you for such an idiotic remark. I hope others will forgive you as well, because what you wrote is totally insensitive and out of line!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

Not happy with comm wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgive you for such an idiotic remark. I hope others will forgive you as well, because what you wrote is totally insensitive and out of line!
Sorry Sage I don't forgive you. That is Gods position not mine. I do however feel sorry for you because you are pathetic, and obviously a miserable human being that can't stand yourself.
FCSJ

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Jeff Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Sage I don't forgive you. That is Gods position not mine. I do however feel sorry for you because you are pathetic, and obviously a miserable human being that can't stand yourself.
Yes, I was there. It's totaly the pick up truck with he ATV in the back that caused this horrific accident. All night long, there was southbound traffic from Durango that was speeding(70-80mph),yet no police officers were around. But when there is a Mexican MMA fight,or an Native PowWow in Igancio,the cops are all over the NM side from Bondad to Aztec pulling over wets and Dine' left and right. I'm sick of the double standard!! It's time for the police to patrol 550 everynight,not just when the Mexicans or Dine' are driving back from Igancio. BTW,why must Navajo's go to Igancio, when the S. Ute's hate us(but luv our money).
Wondering

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

FCSJ
You are a disgrace, go away. You have been banned. You are a disgrace to anyone that is involved in the medical field.
If you dont like it move or stay away from that area. If you hate everyone including the Ute's then why would you go give them your money?
Grow up, try to not make everything a RACE issue. You truely are a JERK
Common Sense

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

NativeX wrote:
<quoted text>The Utes are a money grubbing tribe of Indians. They bought Negro slaves as payment for helping Kit Carson defeat the Dine' in 1867.They interbred with their slaves,that is why many S.Utes have Zhinney blood running thru their veins. No "WONDER" they they are dark and lazy. Learn about the tribes who are against the Dine' before you defend them. Unless of course your an "Enemy Navajo".
I have flagged your post as inappropriate. This is not the place to vent more of your hurt for real racist incidents, or for possibly your one-facet personality that everything on earth is somehow related to your racial chip on your individual shoulder.
Please get out of yourself & realize (even though they are not Navajos:)
A good young person made one mistake & paid with his life. A father & son lucky enough not to be seriously hurt will have to live with this though it wasn't their fault. A family is heartbroken. I wish there was something to take away their pain that seems almost impossible to handle.
A Distant Local

Durango, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Condolences to the family-
Heidi

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Why wrote:
Why is it that every time a stupid moron dies a bunch of idiots get on here and talk about how wonderful a person he/she was. Mistake my **** ;
one Darwin Award for Aaron. The young dude broke the law when running the stop sign, that's not making a mistake!
He was not wearing a seatbelt (which probally would not have helped him in this crash), but it does show that he had no respect for obeying the law. No seatbelt, running a stop sign,,,,,,, yea, your your typical "wonderful person"!
I thought Aaron was a great person before he died. He made a mistake that unfortunately ended his life. Have you never done anything you regretted? Do you not have loved ones who have made mistakes? Do you not still love them even though they have faults? Please respect those of us who grieve the passing of this young man and keep your hate to yourself.
chief bowels

Chinle, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

good god gurdy,, let him ret in peace already!on with the show, daily tmes.next victim.

“Let's go racing boys!!”

Since: Feb 09

Farmington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Why wrote:
Why is it that every time a stupid moron dies a bunch of idiots get on here and talk about how wonderful a person he/she was. Mistake my **** ;
one Darwin Award for Aaron. The young dude broke the law when running the stop sign, that's not making a mistake!
He was not wearing a seatbelt (which probally would not have helped him in this crash), but it does show that he had no respect for obeying the law. No seatbelt, running a stop sign,,,,,,, yea, your your typical "wonderful person"!
were you there??? no didn't think so. he DID NOT run the stop sign, why is everybody saying it? his view was blocked and he pulled out. yes it was his fault but please don't lie about him or deny that he was a wonderful man. If you did not know him then you have no place saying anything about him.
anon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

Met him once, decent guy real decent Dad, didn't deserve that sister of his though. Way too food a guy to be related to her.
Mitch

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2012

Judged:

Sage Kills wrote:
Dude that was my brother u piece of shit have some respect u wouldnt be saying that if u lost some on

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Durango Discussions

Search the Durango Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CO Who do you support for Governor in Colorado in ... (Oct '10) Jul 23 GreeleyGrizzler 286
Granite stolen from one shop, found at another Jul 12 TooHigh 2
Durango Jukebox (Jul '12) Jul 7 Musikologist 13
Review: Bodeans Towing LLC Jun '14 Bodeans towing 1
Leah (Jul '09) Apr '14 Chad 5
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Apr '14 paula baby 30
CO Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Ryell 9
•••

Flash Flood Watch for La Plata County was issued at July 29 at 7:26AM MDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Durango Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••