New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,691 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

3869ret

Ithaca, NY

#4840 May 25, 2012
to feces: kerry was never invited nor did he go to hanoi check your facts,turn off fox,and beck, try another source of info you might learn something
Feces for obama

Westbury, NY

#4841 May 25, 2012
Kerry was a supporter of the "People's Peace Treaty," a supposed "people's" declaration to end the war, reportedly drawn up in communist East Germany.
It included nine points, all of which were taken from Viet Cong peace proposals at the Paris peace talks as conditions for ending the war.
One of the provisions stated: "The Vietnamese pledge that as soon as the U.S. government publicly sets a date for total withdrawal [from Vietnam], they will enter discussion to secure the release of all American prisoners, including pilots captured while bombing North Vietnam."
In other words, Kerry and his VVAW advocated the communist line to withdraw all U.S. troops from Vietnam first and then negotiate with Hanoi over the release of prisoners. Had the nine points of the "People's Peace Treaty" favored by Kerry been accepted by American negotiators, the United States would have totally lost all leverage to get the communists to release any POWs captured during the war years.
VVAW supported demonstration, Washington Spring Offensive, April - May 1971
Top Dog

New York, NY

#4842 May 25, 2012
Feces for obama wrote:
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President
never underestimate stupid people in large groups. I do not always agree with our commander in chief but ill take him any day over romney. Lets not forget our financial crisis started with a republican, bush. 9/11 also happened on bush's watch
Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#4843 May 26, 2012
Grow Up wrote:
... its simple math conservatives spend money ... by tax cuts ...
Yep. You're right. It is simple math - and by stating your belief that private wealth NOT confiscated via taxation constitutes SPENDING, you clearly show it's completely beyond you - over your head.

Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#4844 May 26, 2012
Top Dog wrote:
<quoted text>never underestimate stupid people in large groups. I do not always agree with our commander in chief but ill take him any day over romney. Lets not forget our financial crisis started with a republican, bush. 9/11 also happened on bush's watch
Wrong.

Not to excuse Bush in any way, but the financial train wreck started with repeal of Glass-Steagall during Bubba's presidency.

Followed by a steady progression of removal of prudent regulatory restraints, foolish risk-taking by certain private investment banks as well as by the US Congress in twisting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into a social engineering mission, abject failure of the credit rating agencies, and the 2008 collapse was inevitable.

Watch the 2010 documentary "Inside Job." It's a very good synopsis of how the whole house of cards collapsed. You will come away with a fullr appreciation of how Washington has done NOTHING effectively since to make it impossible to happen again, and how exposed we still are.
Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#4845 May 26, 2012
3869ret wrote:
to feces: kerry was never invited nor did he go to hanoi check your facts,turn off fox,and beck, try another source of info you might learn something
Of course not - why would he?

He was being much more effective undermining American interests and serving the enemy right here at home.
3869ret

Ithaca, NY

#4846 May 26, 2012
again kerry served and won medals of valor and purple hearts.with his pull and connections he and gore could have avoided service altogether,but volunteered to go in harms way.it was his right to protest the war as an american.he saw first hand what an idiotic war it was and wanted an end to more u.s. soldiers dying.take the time to check and you'll see we got the same terms at wars' end we could have had in 68.again liberals manned upped and conservative heroes stayed home.as for bush not one job was created in 8 yrs.he left office with a net loss,republican beliefs were given full flower and gave us a full recession.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#4847 May 26, 2012
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
Jane fonda was Hanoi Jane, and Kerry was Hanoi John
I love that. Brilliant!
life

Beckenham, UK

#4848 May 26, 2012
Dr Phil

Westbury, NY

#4849 May 26, 2012
3869ret wrote:
De Oppresso Liber
Hempstead, NY
just for your info it was 3rd of the 22nd,25th inft.div.as for fire bases i was at several including lynch,leopard main and a few others.what was your mos and unit.again where were your big right wing heroes,they all mocked kerry and gore but the fact remains they did not have the balls to go.if your gonna wrap yourself in the flag and go around screaming how much you love america don't go run and hide like your right wing heroes did when war comes knocking.i say again where were they and where were kerry and gore?you just can't stand the fact that liberals manned up and your boys did not.and just for your info viet nam had no defined lines, you could get killed anywhere anytime.perhaps you have heard by now that charly was famous for his hit and run tactics and never stuck around for long.that's why when you demean kerry and gore's military service you show your ignorance on viet nam.again where were your right wing heroes,eagerly awaiting your answer.
Son, this is the most Bovine manure I've smelled since I was on Oprah.
3869ret

Ithaca, NY

#4850 May 26, 2012
dr.phil i agree you probably an expert on bullshit because you sound full of it.but your wrong in this case.your side loves to go around questioning everyone elses patriotism while turning a blind eye to your heroes.again where were all the big right wingers that wrap themselves in the flag.dont just call it bull,prove it wrong.show me where kerry ever went to hanoi,show me proof that al gore was not in nam.yes theres the smell of b.s. in the air but take a bath and it might go away.
Grow Up

Syracuse, NY

#4851 May 26, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. You're right. It is simple math - and by stating your belief that private wealth NOT confiscated via taxation constitutes SPENDING, you clearly show it's completely beyond you - over your head.
no representation without taxation. teddy you think youre brilliant. you stick up for what you call job creators. youre right! they create jobs! in CHINA!this is about a couple % increase to be put back to the Clinton era. you are clueless. you can NOT pay down the deficit without revenue...and dont hand me the bs that the bottom 50% dont pay taxes...they pay payroll taxes so you can collect social security...and the bulk of the bottom 50% are too young or too old or dont make enough money to even feed their family..get real...corporate profits to GDP have never been higher....so tell me Teddy, where are the jobs? the so called economic policies you say work are still in place...where are the jobs in relation to the corporate profits? in india and china, thats where...what about that is it you dont get?? it doesnt work...they even dodge taxes by hiding profits...your corporate buddies have the money and they arent coughing up the American jobs! you are completely clueless and full of nothing but talking points and rhetoric that has been spewed from the lips of the Gop for decades...evil, scare tactics and b.s.
Grow Up

Syracuse, NY

#4852 May 26, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Not to excuse Bush in any way, but the financial train wreck started with repeal of Glass-Steagall during Bubba's presidency.
Followed by a steady progression of removal of prudent regulatory restraints, foolish risk-taking by certain private investment banks as well as by the US Congress in twisting Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac into a social engineering mission, abject failure of the credit rating agencies, and the 2008 collapse was inevitable.
Watch the 2010 documentary "Inside Job." It's a very good synopsis of how the whole house of cards collapsed. You will come away with a fullr appreciation of how Washington has done NOTHING effectively since to make it impossible to happen again, and how exposed we still are.
wow first i heard of this! im glad i found such an intellectual~! Teddy smoke your but stay out of your kids "tobacco"...this has been going on for decades Sherlock...it didnt start with Obama...Bush certainly sunk the ship with an unfunded medicare bill an illegal war and another war he continued out of greed and two tax cuts...who starts a war and cuts taxes? then starts another war and cuts taxes again?...Teddy you can try to blame Obama all you want but it will go down in the history books as him saving the economy....the only way to have saved the economy was to stimulate it and people were holding onto their money Refusing to spend those that had it...then there is the car industry...brilliant move! give the man credit...so much being neutral on your part...bush destroyed the housing market and you know it...that is our problem right now...although it made me alot of money...i was smart enough to sell most of my properties in 06'before the bottom fell out i seen it coming...
3869ret

Ithaca, NY

#4853 May 26, 2012
grow up:it's good to know that not all americans are taken in by gop and fox bullshit.these people are completely clueless to who fought and stood up for the rights and benefits they enjoy.they are not even smart enough to know that if the gop ever takes full power all their rights and benefits will be taken away.they haven't bothered to look at states like ohio,wisc,ind. and others where the gop took over and went about destroying worker's rights,then gave corps.huge tax breaks and then said we have no money for schools and roads.there are none so blind as they who won't see.
Grow Up

Syracuse, NY

#4854 May 26, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not - why would he?
He was being much more effective undermining American interests and serving the enemy right here at home.
the enemy was our own government...why were we even there??? 20 years of death...we just didnt want to leave a loser...so we let the soldiers and their families lose...did you fight or know anyone who did...i do my cousin died...
3869ret

Ithaca, NY

#4855 May 26, 2012
when i was there 70-71 everyone knew we weren't going to win and that we were being ask to die so the us wouldn't lose face and thats the only reason over half of the men died for.after tet of 68 we knew we couldn't win and we let over 25,000 men die just to save face.as i said earlier we got the same terms at wars end we could have had in 68.
Teddy R

Muscat, Oman

#4856 May 26, 2012
Grow Up wrote:
<quoted text>
...so tell me Teddy, where are the jobs?
I just looked at the Syracuse Post-Standard classified section - hundreds of jobs!

Get off your lazy whiny azz and get one.
Grow Up

Syracuse, NY

#4857 May 26, 2012
dont need one! ya see I collect rent. Im basically retired at 51...I stopped flipping houses in 06' then I managed a complex(70hrs/week) for a friend for a year...so I guess Ive been retired for 5 years at age 46'...lol too funny!

but speaking of jobs. where are the skilled jobs? the new jobs. not the old jobs that were lost and came back. ya see Teddy the new job creators are the small business community...NOT corporate America...its time for tax incentives for small business...fu(k the phoney "job creator"(taxpayer thieves)

you need to lay off the pot...
Grow Up

Syracuse, NY

#4858 May 26, 2012
you know im right teddy...and btw you are the loazy pos that has had nothing better to do but sit on your lazy a$$ spewing your poetic bs on topix where you think youre actually making a difference but have an audience of maybe 10 people at best...ya, youre swaying the vote in november alright...i bow to superior wit...
1000s of comments teddy

Syracuse, NY

#4859 May 26, 2012
thats right teddy r...youve been on here for years repeating the same ole crap...
lets have a good ole intellectual ho down! what a waste of time and server space...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Forbes Cenedella 13 hr mandersonuk 5
Nov 14 time to thank Cuomo for SAFE ACT Wed Cuomo 11
VOTING Against Tom Reed Wed U fn kiddin rite 35
creepy molester b astard Wed just a girl 2
Good wedding venue on budget in area Wed alexis 5
3 arrested ? Tue RMD 1
Courtney ziemba Tue RMD 10
Dunkirk Dating
Find my Match

Dunkirk Jobs