Roski seeks relaxing of environmental laws for NFL stadium project

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Only days from the end of the legislative session, billionaire real estate developer Ed Roski Jr.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of131
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mike C

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2009

As stated in another post.......don't hold your breath....
Lawyers Bank Judges Rule

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

"When gentlemen in Medieval Japan wished to seal an agreement, they urinated together, crisscrossing their streams of urine."

Without a doubt Roski is going for his ol' Hail Mary Pass to the End Zone a la Grey Davis and the City of Redlands.

However the Snail Darter is betting on the good old fashion legal mud trough that lawyers love, Judges rule and the lobbist and politician campaign donations keep a coming!
Tom

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

From Roski's point of view, it not likely but worth a shot.
Mike C

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Lawyers Bank Judges Rule wrote:
"When gentlemen in Medieval Japan wished to seal an agreement, they urinated together, crisscrossing their streams of urine."
Without a doubt Roski is going for his ol' Hail Mary Pass to the End Zone a la Grey Davis and the City of Redlands.
However the Snail Darter is betting on the good old fashion legal mud trough that lawyers love, Judges rule and the lobbist and politician campaign donations keep a coming!
Posted somewhere else:

In the grand scheme of things it really is not that politically harmful a proposition.

The majority of cities in the area are for the stadium. Only one city and a small group of citizens is holding up the progress of the stadium.

The citizens group is primarily compromised of already wealthy people, allowing any politician to note that this small group of rich people are keeping thousands from getting jobs in order to preserve their home values. Few would sympathize with them and labor needs the work.

The city of Walnut can be portrayed as greedy as well. Asking for so much at the detriment of their neighbors.

Political flak really comes from environmental groups who would be against any changing of the laws.

Still not holding my breath.
WOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Of course he wants a special exemption for his project,. Doesn't he deserve one, after the failure of the redevelopment scam, that they tried while hollding the budget hostage? All sweetheart deals need these little goodies. And, all of these sweetheart deals need to be snuck through, while no one is watching. Caltifornia has the best government money can buy for these fellas.
China_Expressssi ons

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

WOW, WTF are you talking about? Screwball!

The Walnut City Council is a joke. Bunch of racist chinx are the ones trying to hold this up. That and they're using this to catapult them into the spotlight where they might one day run for this tacky council.
Mike C

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

WOW wrote:
Of course he wants a special exemption for his project,. Doesn't he deserve one, after the failure of the redevelopment scam, that they tried while hollding the budget hostage? All sweetheart deals need these little goodies. And, all of these sweetheart deals need to be snuck through, while no one is watching. Caltifornia has the best government money can buy for these fellas.
You are lying. The redevelopment issue did not hold up the budget. The budget had been held up for months and had nothing to do with the redevelopment issue.

Typical anti stadium person, lies, more lies, and screaming histrionics.
Stadium Support Group

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

What does all this back and fourth bickering matter. Roski will win out in the end, yes the NFL and sports are that powerful. This little group from Walnut trying to go against this monster of a conglamorate company? All that will happen is Walnut with get the stick shoved up where the sun dont shine, the Stadium will be built, jobs will be created, and football and sports will win out like they always do. Remember "Emminent Domain" that the Raiders won when moving to Los Angeles.? Football and that stadium is coming and it will steamroll through here fast.'so so sarrie chalie" Walnut rich if you dont like the stadium sell and move to San Marino.
No New Yards

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

If you can't stay within the current EIR then leave the open space for the rest of us to enjoy. This project smells of bribery all the way through
No New Yards

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Shut up Mike C we know you need the janitorial jobs this nightmare will bring
Resident

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

No New Yards wrote:
Skip the personal attack, your not in elementary school anymore. Can you at least have a constructive statement?

“NEVER ADRIFT OR AFFLICTED”

Since: Mar 09

S Arcadia, Next to Temple City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Screw him, he should have to play by the rules like anyone else trying to develop something.Its obvious he has a bunch of politicians in his pocket. Corruption and big money is the name of the game in Industry.
Mike C

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

No New Yards wrote:
Still upset because I made you look stupid in our last repartee so you resort to silly little comments?

The best part about this? I know that beat you down.......and your remarks prove it.
Paul

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

I love it Roski truelly has a team that is willing relocate, why would he be going through so much trouble to make this happen..even if he looses and Walnut wins in March, all he will be forced to do is redue his EIR which will get approved by the Industry city council and all the other local communities that supported it to begin with..Walnuts victory will be a loose of millions on the lawsuit, no money like Diamond Bar will receive and the stadium will still be built but about two years off date...so is it worth it Walnut???..please do not reply to my post just think about the situation....
rightON

West Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

No New Yards wrote:
If you can't stay within the current EIR then leave the open space for the rest of us to enjoy. This project smells of bribery all the way through
Last time I checked you were not the owner of the property so stay out.
WOW

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Poor Mike C, I hope he is at least earning his money from the PR firm? His bizarre overreaction seems to be a real sign of how profoundly scared these people are that this scam might not fly?

Yes, the sweetheart secret redevelopment deal was reported to have held the budget hostage. Thank you to several of our Board of Supes for stopping this raid on the local revenues to subsidize this project.

Remember the first rule with so many of these sweetheart deals in California politics, that in every good septic tank, the scum rises to the top.
Mike C

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

WOW wrote:
Poor Mike C, I hope he is at least earning his money from the PR firm? His bizarre overreaction seems to be a real sign of how profoundly scared these people are that this scam might not fly?
Yes, the sweetheart secret redevelopment deal was reported to have held the budget hostage. Thank you to several of our Board of Supes for stopping this raid on the local revenues to subsidize this project.
Remember the first rule with so many of these sweetheart deals in California politics, that in every good septic tank, the scum rises to the top.
No need to pity me, since I don't work for Majestic I am not scared at all.

And you are a liar. No overreaction to it, that is the truth. You are a liar.

Post up a link to story where the Industry bill is cited as the reason the budget was held up. Otherwise you remain that what you are, a liar.
ShamWow

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

No New Yards wrote:
Enjoy hills full of weeds!!

That makes business sense!
John

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Yes you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Wink Wink..
WOW

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Liar. liar. pants on fire, poor child, that's a response?
This guy is going little "baby tantrum" nuts over a sports Stadium proposal? Strange behavior? Some of these other responses seem to be somewhat of a PR spin, too? And that non-denial "denial" was kind of cool, too?
Well I didn't lie about the politicians who tried to sneak through the redevelopment tax break, and tried to hold up the state budget unless it was included. That was reported news, and these people didn't seem to like the fact it was reported, Or, that the Supes interceded to stop this special tax break, at the expense of local services, one little bit. I think the rants are still posted?
I was originally pretty neutral on this proposed stadium, as long as they followed proper process, mitigated the impacts, and paid the taxes that are required to pay for the impacts it creates and services it requires. I have a fundamental problem with any special government assistance or subsidies to Sports stadiums and private franchisee's. A republican government/free martket system has no business subsidizing a Roman circus. But, now it seems this project just keeps failing the smell test.
One thing that makes me think twice about this proposal is what happens to the childish level of these people's responses when you hit a real merve. The political sweetheart deals and the games are just one sign that this is a real strange project. This project has always had the whiff of a dubious political scam, and now it damn near stinks. These weird responses only help to confirm what my nose tells me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of131
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Duarte Forum right now

Search the Duarte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 35 min Get Right or Get Left 7,326
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 199,107
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr jef helms 15,674
Rash of injuries follows Novato playground inst... (Oct '10) 4 hr George Fradford 35
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr BFL 26,121
CA Cities lose choices 8 hr ringers 1
La puente shows us the way. 9 hr the roots 9
•••
•••

Duarte News Video

•••
•••

Duarte Jobs

•••
•••
•••