Former deputy files lawsuit against sheriff, county

Oct 21, 2010 Full story: www.wrcbtv.com 32

- A fired Sequatchie County deputy plans on taking the county and the sheriff to court. He says his First Amendment rights were violated. Jarred Dishman supported Tom Mahoney to replace Hitchcock as sheriff. When Hitchcock won the election, Dishman lost his job.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
boy

Dunlap, TN

#1 Oct 21, 2010
This is like the 5th lawsuit in a year on the sheriff dept. We talk about dunlap police for how bad they are but we need to start looking at the sheriff dept.
Question

Chattanooga, TN

#2 Oct 21, 2010
If his First Amendment rights were violated why is Ronnie walking the streets I was told this Federal and Ronnie should have been arrested. Can someone clear this up for me. If he needs to be arrest why has that not been done yet?
Nothing but lies

Dunlap, TN

#3 Oct 21, 2010
Dishman is FULL OF IT...... it is stated in his lawsuit he was fired because he was wearing a Mahoney shirt as he went in to vote, This is not true because he CAN NOT VOTE IN SEQUATCHIE county because he lives in BLEDSOE county and had almost a year prior. The truth will come out. He should of been fired a long time before he was. He never did his job and was a lousy Lieutenant, he accepted the pay but never did the job. He claimed he wanted to continue in law enforcement, doe he think any agency will touch him now? I think not!
Chill

Dunlap, TN

#4 Oct 21, 2010
OK THERE dep howard :0
Local girl

Dunlap, TN

#7 Oct 22, 2010
No one is permitted to wear anything political in to vote. That includes a t-shirt, hat, sticker, button, etc. If anyone has that on, he/she is asked to turn it inside out or go change. This is an interesting story.
hey chill

Macon, GA

#8 Oct 22, 2010
That's LT. Howard to you sweetheart!
ladies

Pikeville, TN

#9 Oct 22, 2010
Local girl wrote:
No one is permitted to wear anything political in to vote. That includes a t-shirt, hat, sticker, button, etc. If anyone has that on, he/she is asked to turn it inside out or go change. This is an interesting story.
Seems like this is true. Those working the poles have to cover up their shirts, etc. I bet there's more to this story.
Puppy Dog

Dunlap, TN

#10 Oct 22, 2010
I like kitty cats
Justice for all

Dunlap, TN

#11 Oct 22, 2010
Question wrote:
If his First Amendment rights were violated why is Ronnie walking the streets I was told this Federal and Ronnie should have been arrested. Can someone clear this up for me. If he needs to be arrest why has that not been done yet?
Havent yall figured out the sheriffs office has done this for years as the city. I really dont think they know what the constitution is or civil rights are and for dishman not doing maintenance on his vehicle as people are saying its hard to point a finger when a large percent of the police cars or sheriffs dept cars the tag lights dont work, arent deputys supposed to check out the cars before taking them out and make sure all lights work. Isnt that a [ticket offence]? GO DISHMAN
hey justice

Stanley, NC

#12 Oct 23, 2010
It is the deputy's place to check the car out. I guess he didn't check his out so well. GO SHERIFF
Justice for all

Dunlap, TN

#13 Oct 23, 2010
hey justice wrote:
It is the deputy's place to check the car out. I guess he didn't check his out so well. GO SHERIFF
Thank you for clearing that up, So when are they going to fire the other deputies that dont check thiers so well?So how about those rights violations when can we see somebody getting fired for that?
dawg

Dunlap, TN

#14 Oct 23, 2010
Justice for all wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for clearing that up, So when are they going to fire the other deputies that dont check thiers so well?So how about those rights violations when can we see somebody getting fired for that?
Yep a civil right violation would cost more than a tune up. Did the Higdon dude that stole from Soddy get the job?
hey justice

Stanley, NC

#15 Oct 23, 2010
How do you know that the others don't check their cars? No other new car has had to have a new engine put in. GO SHERIFF
Justice for all

Dunlap, TN

#16 Oct 23, 2010
dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep a civil right violation would cost more than a tune up. Did the Higdon dude that stole from Soddy get the job?
I really didnt hear about that one so I cant comment to much but what is going on with the judical system why do we have police on the force that break the law, like one I heard of was where an officer with the city was charged with Rape and only got a two weeks vacation. Whats up with that!
confused

Pikeville, TN

#17 Oct 23, 2010
Did he really get fired b/c he didn't support the sheriff or was he fired for legit reason?
Justis

Pikeville, TN

#18 Jun 6, 2013
What good will it do if a man gains the whole world but loses his own soul
When

Chattanooga, TN

#19 Jun 7, 2013
When is Dunlap going to wake up and see we need a new sheriff and deputy's in this county not the dirty crooks we call our police force.Ronnie Hitchcock claims to be a christian but will lie to your face about anything.He will stand judgement one day for all he has and is still doing.Wake up Dunlap him and his misfits are costing us to much in legal fees from all the lawsuits.
Theory

Dunlap, TN

#20 Jun 7, 2013
When wrote:
When is Dunlap going to wake up and see we need a new sheriff and deputy's in this county not the dirty crooks we call our police force.Ronnie Hitchcock claims to be a christian but will lie to your face about anything.He will stand judgement one day for all he has and is still doing.Wake up Dunlap him and his misfits are costing us to much in legal fees from all the lawsuits.
Not all the deputies in the department are corrupt. There are a few good and decent ones. Those are the ones that will never get anywhere until things change!
not impressed

Winnsboro, SC

#21 Jun 7, 2013
Well I know for a fact that Marlin Hobbs is NOT one of the good ones... he likes beating on young girls... and a few others like to try to push people until they can get a reaction from them so they can make an arrest.
Paul

Dunlap, TN

#22 Jun 7, 2013
Was Ronnie allowed in the election office at night? Was he investigating a crime?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dresden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Bisexual Girls in Weakley County? (Jul '10) 5 hr Lee_315 128
weakley co electric company doing well! 6 hr No one special 5
Highway Department 16 hr Mutton 1
dennis workman 21 hr cousin 2
Zach Jackson (May '09) Thu Desarae 14
Who do you want to be Dresden Mayor? Thu Greener Pastures 21
New Specialty Clinic in Dresden (May '10) Wed Dr Truth 84
Dresden Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dresden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dresden News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dresden

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:16 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:16PM
Full Report Card Grades for Tennessee
Yahoo! Sports11:06 PM
Long Todman run helps Jaguars take down Titans
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
NFL Power Rankings Post TNF
Bleacher Report 5:00 AM
Full AFC, NFC Playoff Outlook, Week 16 Predictions
NBC Sports 6:35 AM
Whitehurst: May not look like it, but we can win