Orland man hired for chief's job

May 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Southtown Star

An Orland Park man who works for a fire protection district in the western suburbs and has long been involved in youth sports in the village was named Thursday as the new chief of the Orland Fire Protection District.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Paul

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Another disgusting Liz Gorman patronage hire. When will it end. The better government association hopefully will look into this, as well as Liz Gorman's other friends hired by Orland Fire.
Paul

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Also, its unbelievable that after a nationwide search they hire a friend of Liz Gormans. There had to have been more qualified applicants than a lieutenant from a small dept. like pleasantview.
Sad Sad Day

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Paul wrote:
Also, its unbelievable that after a nationwide search they hire a friend of Liz Gormans. There had to have been more qualified applicants than a lieutenant from a small dept. like pleasantview.
They fired the best chief ever of Orland and hired a chief who has less time in the service, less than a year as an officer, less education in fire service, less experience, comes from a very small department. This was what the national search came up with. Please. This is political pure and simple. How long will he last?
Best

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

They fired a chief that was the best micro manager in the fire service. Best at getting all his cronies promoted. Best at wasting money.

Less education, and less experience from a small department? You better get your facts straight. He has a ton of education, comes from a dept. that does their share of work (for a suburban dept) and it's not that small compared to lets say a dept. like Hazel Crest....where one of the last chiefs came from.
Education schemducation

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Doesn't mean a thing without experience. There are Lts and a former BC in OFPD with master's degrees that are complete idiots ( think the General and stinky!) At least the guy from Hazel Crest was a chief! This one hasen't been a LT for more than a year. How can you go from a line officer to running a 100 man department without experience? Become friends with Gorman! As for the cronies getting promoted, let's wait and see on that one. I will guess that there will be some favors pulled.
had enough

Worth, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

Gorman is lining up her votes getters for her run at mayor, the next move will be putting BC landmark flooring in as deputy chief. she will have all the friends and family of pioneer football and the baseball people on her side after the new chief (ha ha) and deputy chief landmark flooring say how great she is and then she can screw up orland park the way she has screwed up orland fire. dont be suprised if front man hickey winds up with some big job in orland if she gets in after all he has done everything she told him to do without blinking an eye. that is some board of trustees they have there doing what is best for gorman and screwing the people of orland in the process
Application

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

At least this guy applied for a chiefs job. What about the LT that went right to Deputy? Didn't test for Deputy, couldn't run a shift or figure it's manpower, worked 5 months as deputy and retired at a deputy salary. He took a buy out at deputy chief salary or he could have gone back as a LT. He wasn't forced out. Pretty good deal.

The General has a Masters degree in masterbation. Stinky is long gone.

The problem with the flooring guy is he treats his personnal like crap.
Better man than most

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2012

That Deputy gave his all for the department. I am not sure where you got that he couldn't run a shift or manpower, he was never asked to. His only problem is that he didn't have his bachelors degree by a couple of months to get the BC's position. He was in line for a BC. He was the best man for the DC spot and just about everyone there knew it. He was collateral damage when the idiots took Krizzo down. I talked to the DC and he was never given a choice to go back to LT. Lastly, the DC spot is an appointed position, always has been. You do not test for that, you get appointed. I do agree that Landmark treats his guys like crap. Only talks to you if you have something he needs or can use.
taxpayer

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Pleasantville (wherever that is) must not have been able to fully appreciate the leadership skills of this man if it took him 17 years to make rank.
Chief Bottle Washer Cook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

taxpayer wrote:
Pleasantville (wherever that is) must not have been able to fully appreciate the leadership skills of this man if it took him 17 years to make rank.
Let me get this straight. The dd a nation wide saerch. They found their guy who just made LT. He was so good the chief and deputy chief of Pleasentview recently retired and he was not even cnsidered. He is a LT for less than 10 months, it took him 17 years to get prmoted to LT. Oh and he just happens to be friends with the cook county commissioner that is why he was at the graduation party. Wow Rland must have found a hidde gem. Poor Pleasentview ddnt see the hidden gem. One last question exactly what country did them.search? This is a political hire pure and simple the guy being hired doesn't even see it an actually thinks he was the best in the nation Poor Orland being destroyed by politics.
news

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

taxpayer wrote:
pleasant view fire protection district just went from 4 stations to 3 they only run 2 als ambulances so I see a down size soon
news

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2012

How much of a pay cut from the last one

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Downers Grove Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Downers Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance