Man killed after jumping onto I-355

Nov 12, 2008 Full story: Naperville Sun 92

A man died after jumping off an overpass onto I-355 at Maple Avenue between Downers Grove and Lisle, police in Downers Grove said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Greg M

San Diego, CA

#1 Nov 12, 2008
just recieved the bad news. Buddy, you will be missed. The Naperville Crew won't be the same without your smile and attitude. Tonight we drink to you. -Greg M from San Diego
Pat D

United States

#2 Nov 12, 2008
You know this guy? He tunred my 35 minute commute into a 2 hour one. Tell him thanks for ruining a lot of people's day.
T Bone

Lisle, IL

#3 Nov 12, 2008
Pat D, People like you make this a horrible world
Liliah

Bloomingdale, IL

#4 Nov 12, 2008
You deserve to go straight to hell for that Pat D. WOW, by far the most horrible thing I have ever seen. Tell him??? Really??? You are a horrible horrible human being. Someone is mourning and you complain about losing an hour and 25 minutes. It's call perspective, get some. My thoughts and prayers are with this man's family.
Mary

Chicago, IL

#5 Nov 12, 2008
I do feel for him and what led him to do such a drastic thing. I also feel bad for the truckdriver who hit him as he fell and thankful that this decision didn't cause a major pile up, or lead to the death of others.
Mike

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2008
My prayers are with his family. Wish he had turned to someone and God for help. Myself and two of my co-workers took our semis through about 5 minutes before it happened. Did not notice him on the bridge or anything.
Mike V

Chicago, IL

#7 Nov 12, 2008
I received the unfortunate news today. He was a close friend of mine as well.We had alot of memorable miles together on this planet. I agree with you Greg...he will be dearly missed. Pat, that was a very disrespectful comment. He was a good person and had alot more heart than you ever could imagine. If that had happened to family close to you I have a feeling that you wouldn't be singing the same tune. While you are at it...go tell his wife and two young children how your daily lousy commute was inconvienienced...honest to God...keep your negative karma to yourself and go drink some more hateraid...loser.
Mike

United States

#8 Nov 12, 2008
Mike V, really sorry for your loss. I wish it turned out different for your friend.
susan

AOL

#9 Nov 12, 2008
Does anyone know what was troubling him so much that he felt the only answer was to take his own life? I am very sad for his family, I am glad that no accident was caused on 355 that could have claimed even more lives.
T Bone

Lisle, IL

#11 Nov 12, 2008
To Pat and the ray of sunshine known as Pat's number #( 2 numbers?) 1 fan. It's not about you or your atheist beliefs. Yes, it was a horrible act and he could have cost other's their lives. Yet to talk about people who actually care in their replies by yourself replying with the longest comment of all of us shows it is you that feels the need to spread your misery and ignorance. No need for people like you 2 in this world. Maybe you 2 should consider suicide- this way you will never be inconvienced again. And make room for people that try and make this world a better place. You don't like this world, you don't believe in God, it's simple GTFO
Somebody

Homer Glen, IL

#12 Nov 13, 2008
I was stuck in the traffic that was redirected because of this and in the time I had to wait I came up with this. I have no sympathy for this person that jumped, period. Harsh yes, but sorry, it is true. To his family, I feel sorry for them and hope they find the strength to get through this. Same goes for his friends too for that matter, I recently lost a friend and it can be very tough when you get around to asking WHY??? But for him, nothing, in his last moments on this planet he impacted others in a purely negative way, people that had nothing to do with him most likely, perfect strangers that were on their way to work. I am thankful I was running late as if I would have possibly seen the event and I don't know what that would have done to me. What he did could have also easily hurt many people and what the witnesses take with them from this might take years of therapy to get by. His own selfishness to take his life in the way that he did is deplorable.
Mike W

Bloomingdale, IL

#13 Nov 13, 2008
Who was this guy? Did he live in the area? I will pray for him.
J- man

United States

#14 Nov 13, 2008
I just canít believe some of the comments on this forum.
What is wrong with you people ?
For those of you, who donít care or say bad things about this man that you did not even know, should shut up !
Many years ago I was on the verge of suicide but I pulled through it and live a good life now.
If you have never been close to that status you have no right to say anything about this person, you donít know what was going through his mind to decide this.
As for Pat D.Ė Iím guessing your one of those people that when an ambulance comes flying by you donít stop.
Itís an inconvenience for you.
You donít give a crap about anyone else but yourself. You are a greedy person and should not even be driving on the roads.
That ambulance or what ever may have to save your life one day and I hope someone gets in the way so they canít get to you in time.
Then letís see how tables turn !
As for the rest of you that are talking bad about this person. SHAME ON YOU !!!!!
My prayers go out to the family and friends of this man and the others that where there when this took place.
Joey Guacamole

Naperville, IL

#15 Nov 13, 2008
The poor guy was clealy overwhelmed and troubled. Probably depressed like we all are with this economy etc.. the least we can do is show some compassion for a fallen comrade. It could happen to any of us. These are hard times and let this man's pain be a wake up call to those of you feeling like you're at the end of your rope. remember that it will pass and that things could always be worse. Have faith in God and get help. The choices you make affect all those around you. I say a prayer for this man and his family and all of you going through hard times right now. Cheap shots are not necessary right now. Seriously. Let the man rest in peace.
PatDexposer

Crystal Lake, IL

#16 Nov 13, 2008
Pat D's #1 fan is Pat D. Get a perspective Pat and quit trying to justify your comments by impersonating a fan of yours. Believe me, there are none. Prayers to all involved. Even to Pat D who hopefully one day will see the light.
cac123

Naperville, IL

#17 Nov 13, 2008
I was on I355 when this happened. I did not see him jump but I saw his lifeless body laying on the road. Many of us pulled over and some got out of the car to walk over to him to see whether he was still alive and could be saved. You know why? Because there are SOME(many!)caring people in this world. The worst part of Pat D's comment is he said it TO the friend of this man (Greg). Right after Greg says he will miss his buddy, you make such a comment. You're a waste to this society.
I do feel for those who actually saw him jump, because I can say that just seeing him laying on the road, traumatized me. I was on my way to a funeral when this happened. Today I drove past the same area and I am a little freaked out as I'm driving past viaducts because I think someone is going to jump. But I do not hate this man for that. I feel bad for him, his family and friends. Greg and Mike V....I'm sorry for your loss and his wife and children are in my prayers. Pat D (and anyone else who feels the same) are in my prayers as well. I pray that you realize how precious life is and learn to become better human beings.
maddy

Lisle, IL

#18 Nov 13, 2008
I also knew keith, and he will missed more then he knows. Pat D I think you need to go get your head checked. Your comment was horrific. How can someone truly be that selfish...really your commute really.
Diane and Helen

Bolingbrook, IL

#19 Nov 13, 2008
To the,family and friends of Keith you will all be in our thoughts and prayers.
Orland Park Mo

Westerville, OH

#20 Nov 13, 2008
Heard about this yesterday at work. I work for a trucking company and our driver was behind the trucker that hit him.

I feel for the man and it breaks my heart that he left a wife and two daughters fatherless. I don't know what drove him to go this act whether it was issues at home or the failing economy or if it was all or none. It saddens me that someone's troubles are so great that the only way out in their mind is through suicide.

With that said, I am very angry with what he did. He put other people's lives in jeopardy. What do you think that trucker driver is feeling now? There easily could have been a pile up that resulted in more fatalities. Shame on him for being so selfish.Thank God no other bystander suffered any loss from his actions. There is enough pain and suffering from his family and friends today. We did not need anymore.
KJL

United States

#21 Nov 13, 2008
I feel for the victim and his family, but at the same time I am very angry. My husband was driving to a business meeting at the time of the incident. He saw the man jump and all that followed. He saw things that no human being should ever have to see. Needless to say, he is very traumatized and I think that this was a very selfish act, as suicide always is. This tragedy could have resulted in many more deaths as people were driving at high rates of speed. God bless the victim and all that were affected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Downers Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police activity halts Metra traffic (Oct '07) 16 hr linda 20
Bolingbrook Soccer Coach Arrested Wed No room for Jason 214
Lenny Wawczak Courtroom Countdown Tue funnie 62
Slimeball Lenny Wawczak GUILTY Tue Ho Ho Paula 3
QPD Blotter for 5/18/13 (May '13) Tue scron lover 5
love Dec 23 faith short 1
Bolingbrook Blotter: Armed Robbery at Kwik Mart... Dec 23 DANGER WAWCZAK ALERT 2
Downers Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Downers Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Downers Grove News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Downers Grove

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM