Steak 'n Shake is coming to Douglasville

Mar 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Douglas County Sentinel

Steak 'n Shake, a restaurant chain known for its premium burgers and hand-dipped milkshakes, is coming to Douglasville on Highway 5 next to Popeyes.

Comments
1 - 20 of 79 Comments Last updated Yesterday
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

It's about time! But it will be only as good as the employees they hire.....which brings to mind McDonalds on Hwy 5.

Since: Sep 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Sorry I didn't see the other thread on this subject!!!!
misty

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

how do we apply?
bobolicious

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

I love their burgers! Can't wait.
And you're right about the McDonalds on Hwy 5. We avoid it if we can. What a difference between them and the one on Chapel Hill.
bugah kang

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Dont Tread On Me 1 wrote:
It's about time! But it will be only as good as the employees they hire.....which brings to mind McDonalds on Hwy 5.
yo! you wan fri wit dat?
Dan

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

bugah kang wrote:
<quoted text>yo! you wan fri wit dat?
You know, it really doesn't matter the race of who they hire. If they are kind, polite and don't act like its a burden to wait and serve you, then thats all that matters to me.
Dan

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

bobolicious wrote:
I love their burgers! Can't wait.
And you're right about the McDonalds on Hwy 5. We avoid it if we can. What a difference between them and the one on Chapel Hill.
Seriously, what is so bad with McDonald's on Hwy. 5 ? I have been there many times and if my memory is correct, I have never had a bad experience there. At any rate, I am looking forward to Steak and Shake.....the old bank building is still sitting there but I hope the restaurant will be open sometime this summer.
sammy

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Looks like it was just a rumor. No Steak N Shake coming to Douglasville. Now let's all cry together.
Dan

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

sammy wrote:
Looks like it was just a rumor. No Steak N Shake coming to Douglasville. Now let's all cry together.
It's coming .... the wheel's turn slowly when any government entity is involved......don't lose hope, my county connection says its on the way.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Steak 'n Shake is still on. They supposedly got their building permit yesterday.
Shakeeee

Lithia Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

OMG! This is wonderful news!! Finally I don't have to go all the way to Hiram! Steak franks, chili and shakes!!!! This town just got better!

Whooohooo
seriously

Tallapoosa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

I also like steak 'n shake.I have been to the one in Hiram,and Carrollton,in the past 2 weeks both are very slow,over 30 minutes to get food.
I think the people they are hire are important,I just don't trust the people these places hire.

When Douglasville,gets a Krispy Kreme.I would go out of my way for the donuts.The Zaxby's that is Douglasville is one of the best again it's who they hire and if you can trust the food they serve 2 you.
just what we need

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

Another place for d'ville women to make their butts fatter.
Its Me MARRIOOO

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

This is awesome!
Now how do we apply for this and the bowling alley?

Cause isn't their away to Apply Early
mmm15937

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

This will be the best thing to happen to Douglas County since the Mall.
Bobble Head

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Are you kidding me? You guys and gals get excited and all worked up about a burger joint opening that will make ya cholesterol sky high and get ya fat as a pig? Seriously.... If this gets ya going then you need help.

I want an announcement that high paying jobs in technology and / or the like are coming.

Oh my....oh my.
Corky

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

I want everyone to go work at Shake and Purge. That leaves a lot of good jobs open for the rest of us who don't eat that crap.

Well, seriously, anyone who is itching to get into a Steak and Shake is the same person itching to get into a Waffle House.

They both are welcome additions to the trailer court.
Lucky34

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Too many cheap people in D'ville. All they want are places like Golden Corral and other buffets !!!!
mmm15937

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Corky wrote:
I want everyone to go work at Shake and Purge. That leaves a lot of good jobs open for the rest of us who don't eat that crap.
Well, seriously, anyone who is itching to get into a Steak and Shake is the same person itching to get into a Waffle House.
They both are welcome additions to the trailer court.
I was being sarcastic about the Mall and Steak and Shake. I do like my Waffle House All American Breakfast. Waffle House was here before the Mall.
Sheilla

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Great!!! I live in D'Ville and have to go elsewhere...Steak and Shake has become me and my husband's regular hangout...Love the food...Hope the service is as good...That's important...There is a S&S close by, but their service isn't as good and I don't want to go back to that one, but there is one about 30 miles away that I love

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Douglasville Forum right now

Search the Douglasville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are all the cops? 48 min Ummmm 3
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr rename 49,828
Harvey's W-2 4 hr just wondering 12
Hunter Park Security RUDE 11 hr Cut Park Security Budget 1
Sidewalk on I-20 - WTF? (Jun '12) 23 hr Vince d 10
FB Support page for DVPD officers Sun Anon 12
Anybody know about using attorney Lois Gerstenb... (Jun '09) Sun XTC 26
•••
•••