LA Fitness ... The New Golds Gym?

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of175
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Resident

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 29, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

La Fitness has a notorious reputation for putting mom and pop companies under such as the mighty Gordon Johnson, owner of Golds gym in Douglasville.

Personally I think Golds could use the competition and maybe Gordon will get a new one ripped from the new big boy in town.
Rather B Flabby

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 30, 2009
 

Judged:

5

2

2

Some of these gyms are fronts for organized crime or have strong ties to it. Workout Anytime had this problem as well as a number of con artists who signed people up for 3 and 4 times more than they originally wanted and then trapping them legally into the contract. Apparently one of them got careless a guy named Nathan. They found him dead in a hot tub with drugs in his system. If they rip you off, you might not want to fight it.
hardworker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 31, 2009
 

Judged:

4

1

LA Fitness won't hurt Gold's Gym....and they have done a great job through out the years.
MATT

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 1, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

hardworker wrote:
LA Fitness won't hurt Gold's Gym....and they have done a great job through out the years.
LA Fitness has already hurt Gold's. Gold's has droped their pricing almost in half to get new customer and try to keep their current customer base. I think Gold's will stay in business but, some other gyms in the county will not make it. LA Fitness is really nice.
Saving Dville

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 3, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

I sincerely hope that the folks from LA Fitness are reading these posts. They are screwing up an incredible opportunity that was totally in their favor. I've heard so many complaints about the new gym from all quarters. Childcare is severly lacking. They don't pay attention to what is happening and several people's children scream and cry rather than going to the gym kids area where they are picked on by older/bigger kids. Nearly the entire staff at LA Fitness is black and when they are congregating with all their black buds at the entrance and not willing to move out of the way, it is very uncomfortable for anyone else to enter. Why wouldn't you want a mixed staff that appeal to everyone? The old ladies who are there for water aerobics start entering the pool 15 minutes before their class and cause people swimming laps to try to swim around them or just give up all together. I could go on. Get it right guys before you completely screw the pooch.
Grob Hahn

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 3, 2009
 

Judged:

3

Saving Dville wrote:
I sincerely hope that the folks from LA Fitness are reading these posts. They are screwing up an incredible opportunity that was totally in their favor. I've heard so many complaints about the new gym from all quarters. Childcare is severly lacking. They don't pay attention to what is happening and several people's children scream and cry rather than going to the gym kids area where they are picked on by older/bigger kids. Nearly the entire staff at LA Fitness is black and when they are congregating with all their black buds at the entrance and not willing to move out of the way, it is very uncomfortable for anyone else to enter. Why wouldn't you want a mixed staff that appeal to everyone? The old ladies who are there for water aerobics start entering the pool 15 minutes before their class and cause people swimming laps to try to swim around them or just give up all together. I could go on. Get it right guys before you completely screw the pooch.
I don't care what color they are, I get VERY tired of the way staff in stores and businesses all over the county play grabass while ignoring the people who pay so they have a place to work. Service in most of DC absolutely SUCKS.
Grobbbbbbbbbb

Since: Nov 08

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 3, 2009
 

Judged:

2

I agree with you Grob...Have started in the last 6 months or so start intentionally interrupting conversations between baggers and cashiers when I am checking out. I don't care to hear how they are going to get drunk when they get off work or who is dating who. Very unprofessional!!!

I have not been into LA Fitness yet I have thought about going but with a child I don't know if i want her in that type of child care. Saving Dville let me know if that changes. I am not a huge Golds fan but at least I know I can enjoy my workout and know my child is having fun in the nursery or rockwall.
Synergy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 3, 2009
 

Judged:

4

4

3

I am a member at Gold's. My husband and I took a tour of LA/Fitness a couple of weeks ago. NO THANKS! I'll stick with Gold's. The entire staff is black or at least the staff that was on duty during our tour. Only two white people, the rest were black, were working out. The class offerings are EXTREMELY limited. You have to have automatic withdrawal from the checking account. Can't pay in full. We don't give anyone access to our checking account. When I go to Gold's, I feel an atmosphere of comraderie. At LA, not so. It's new. Maybe it will get better. So far, it's looking like a black magnet. JMO
Saving Dville

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 4, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Not so much about color of skin as about being a cultural difference. Take your child to Golds and they say "Come hear sweetheart" and take your child in to welcome them. Go to LA Fitness and the ghetto chic just stares at you until you ask if you can leave your child there. The she just says, "name". The girls at LA Fitness don't like kids. They are there for a job only. They could care less and it shows. WAKE UP LA Fitness. So sad.
Dad

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 5, 2009
 
I doubt a french workout franchise is a front for anything....
half2

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 6, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Gold gym people are all right wing nut jobs,I hate the people at golds,southern Baptists no it all's
Damnocracy

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 6, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

well there we have it,,,the choice should easy to make then,,,the right wing nut job place,or the ghetto hang out,,,pick yer poison
wess12

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Damnocracy wrote:
well there we have it,,,the choice should easy to make then,,,the right wing nut job place,or the ghetto hang out,,,pick yer poison
I will take nuts over ghetto ANYDAY.
curious

Braselton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

wess12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will take nuts over ghetto ANYDAY.
is it just me or does that sound a little sexual?
wess12

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
is it just me or does that sound a little sexual?
Lol, okay, it did.....didnt mean to though.
Synergy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, I was going to suggest that Gold's can be the right-wing conservative(although I've not noticed particular conservatism there)gym and LA can be the yellow dog liberal gym, but I figured the liberals would go on a rant because they wouldn't have BOTH gyms. lol
Synergy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

wess12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, okay, it did.....didnt mean to though.
Heck,wess, I'll take nuts over butt cracks any day. lol
wess12

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Synergy wrote:
I am a member at Gold's. My husband and I took a tour of LA/Fitness a couple of weeks ago. NO THANKS! I'll stick with Gold's. The entire staff is black or at least the staff that was on duty during our tour. Only two white people, the rest were black, were working out. The class offerings are EXTREMELY limited. You have to have automatic withdrawal from the checking account. Can't pay in full. We don't give anyone access to our checking account. When I go to Gold's, I feel an atmosphere of comraderie. At LA, not so. It's new. Maybe it will get better. So far, it's looking like a black magnet. JMO
I never took a tour of LA Fitness but I did call to get their rates. The salesperson they forwarded me to spoke (I know this is Politically incorrect) such strong ebonics I could not understand what he was saying. He was extremely unprofessional.

Before I get attacked for this post......there are whites that speak ebonics as well (I will regrain from using the word for this as it would be Politically Incorrect as well) but it starts with a "w" and ends with an "r".
Synergy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

wess12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never took a tour of LA Fitness but I did call to get their rates. The salesperson they forwarded me to spoke (I know this is Politically incorrect) such strong ebonics I could not understand what he was saying. He was extremely unprofessional.
Before I get attacked for this post......there are whites that speak ebonics as well (I will regrain from using the word for this as it would be Politically Incorrect as well) but it starts with a "w" and ends with an "r".
Yep! I know the word you are referring to. I've started to use it a couple of times on here, but like you, thought better of it. Anyway, it's the truth. Wannabes because it's supposedly cool. Whatever.
scott

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 9, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

the black people that work in retail and customer service could care less. very rarely do I get decent service from a black person. young,old, man, or woman (especially a black woman and even more especially if they drive a expensive car)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of175
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Douglasville Discussions

Search the Douglasville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Douglas School System 52 min Poppa 3
Pennsylvania school stabbing, 58 min Conchilla 30
Christian metal reaching out, touching new souls (Apr '07) 1 hr Conchilla 5
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr Hobo Hunnicutt 39,414
Hey Bud 8 hr Conchilla 80
Students Pepper Spray Dozens of Classmates, For... 17 hr Dville Man 3
Dalia Racine??? Thu Monique Rivarde 17
•••

Flood Watch for Douglas County was issued at April 18 at 9:14PM EDT

•••
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
Douglasville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Douglasville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Douglasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••