the monk

Auburn, GA

#1 Sep 11, 2012
Since you wont debate Sheriff Miller, obviously you can't, because he whipped you in 2008, are you gonna move now that your house has been repossessed and sold on the stairs of the courthouse?
hmm

Duluth, GA

#2 Sep 13, 2012
is this true or did you make it up?
the monk

Lawrenceville, GA

#3 Sep 13, 2012
it was posted on the paper over a month ago about repossesion, and it is a fact that miller squashed broughton in 2008 in debates and now broughton hides behind people posting lies on the web and aftr the facts are revealed continue the slander without retraction (like an honest person would) and also behind people pulling millers signs down.
hmm

Macon, GA

#4 Sep 13, 2012
If that's true, don't you have to own property in the county where you'r running?
observer from a distance

Atlanta, GA

#5 Sep 13, 2012
hmm wrote:
If that's true, don't you have to own property in the county where you'r running?
You have to be a resident, not a property owner.
hmm

Griffin, GA

#6 Sep 13, 2012
observer from a distance wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be a resident, not a property owner.
ahh, well, still intersting if true. Doesn't bode well on the whole responsible thing. If true that is. You can only believe about 1% of info on here. Still fun though.
Long Time Resident

Snellville, GA

#7 Nov 1, 2012
He hasn't responded.
Shocking.
I saw Broughton

Carrollton, GA

#8 Nov 1, 2012
Broughton was at the Jr. League Forum this week with Miller. He addressed his qualifications. I also saw him at Tributary Home Owners meeting with Miller. He has debated him.

His home was not repo-ed It's a lie.
50 50 Race

Carrollton, GA

#9 Nov 1, 2012
Broughton's website has info on his qualifications. He has 20 years experience in law enforcement.
www.broughton2012.com (You can also call Broughton and ask him any questions you have.
Miller won by only 5% in 2008. I hear the polls are showing a 50/50 race this time. It's all about voter turn out. Who can bring more voters to the polls? We will know in a few days.
How you voted yet? Tomorrow is the last advance vote day. Nov. 6 is election day.
Confused

Douglasville, GA

#10 Nov 1, 2012
How can you be Qualified to be Sheriff in charge of over 300 employees and 700 inmates when you have never even been promoted to Corporal.

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#11 Nov 1, 2012
I was at the Jr. League/100 Black Women forum.....Sheriff Miller did an outstanding job communicating his past success and his vision for the future.

Mr. Worthan did as well...

I was actually amazed at the number of candidates who were running who really don't have any type of experience running anything and seemed to have trouble expressing themselves. While I do understand you have to start somewhere to serve as an elected official it would seem many think they can just start at the top. What ever happened to working your way up through the ranks....promotions, serving on various committees, etc.?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min Sick Man Freud 55,372
Big Happenings @ Chapel Hill Kroger Today 5 hr NotHappy1 1
Crossroads Church 10 hr John Wayne Gacy 60
Clint Payne - PsychoTherapist (Nov '09) 20 hr sportrac 139
DA looks into Mayor Jerkins: Man claims mayor o... Mon NOT AGAIN 9
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Mon The WB 2,055
Douglas BOE second highest paid in state (May '13) Mon Wondering 66
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
•••

Douglasville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Douglasville People Search