Comments
1,141 - 1,160 of 1,267 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago
onlytruth

Villa Rica, GA

#1185 Dec 12, 2013
Jeri, of course I responded to your post. I could see that it opened with MY COMMENT, so it caught my eye. You aren't just passionate about THIS issue. You have pent up anger and don't mind being rude, sarcastic and nasty. It isn't necessary, but you stoop to those attitudes. Again, it taints your advice that you may offer...however Biblical and right that it may be. Geez, try to be nice why don't you? I'm repeating myself, but I never should have addressed you in the first place. I meant it as constructive criticism, not a put down. That's one of the problems with the internet...one can't always detect the tone. I meant no harm, but you certainly had no problem with semi-attacking me. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Since: Aug 10

Raleigh, NC

#1186 Dec 13, 2013
onlytruth wrote:
JYou have pent up anger and don't mind being rude, sarcastic and nasty. It isn't necessary, but you stoop to those attitudes.
But your church put a child molester into power, and then let him walk away with complete immunity. And your church is still not doing anything to correct its bad doctrines, bad policies, and bad people still in office.
onlytruth

Villa Rica, GA

#1187 Dec 13, 2013
Jeri, I don't have a problem admitting that I once again, read one of your posts. Again, you lead your post with one of MY COMMENTS, so it caught my eye.

I've said this no less than five or six times, but here it goes again.

KING'S WAY IS NOT MY CHURCH. If you are going to reply to people, PLEASE do your best to follow facts.
Busy Mom

Douglasville, GA

#1188 Dec 13, 2013
onlytruth wrote:
***By the way..please don't say that it isn't pushed for the ladies at KW to wear dresses and skirts. When I attended KW and had a child enrolled in the school, the pastor called me and asked me if I had not received the memo. What memo I asked. BW responded, "The memo that says you need to wear a skirt or dress to pick your child up from school."
He was being firm and a bit rude when he spoke. I was finished with that place within the week. We stopped going to church there and withdrew our child from the school.
Can anyone doubt he was trying to rule and manipulate? That type of behavior has NOTHING to do with God. There are too many people who turned a blind eye to him. Hopefully they now know not to do it with anyone else......current staff or future.
As a relatively new mom at the school, I'm curious about this (not that I don't believe you). I have been to several school functions already and seen plenty of women in pants. I also have been to the school in pants several times and nothing negative has been said to me and I don't feel looked down upon. I don't go to church there, though. Do you think you were called out because you were attending the church?

Raleigh, NC

#1189 Dec 13, 2013
onlytruth wrote:
Jeri, I don't have a problem admitting that I once again, read one of your posts. Again, you lead your post with one of MY COMMENTS, so it caught my eye.
I've said this no less than five or six times, but here it goes again.
KING'S WAY IS NOT MY CHURCnk King's Way is your chuH. If you are going to reply to people, PLEASE do your best to follow facts.
I think King's Way is your church.
onlytruth

Villa Rica, GA

#1190 Dec 13, 2013
Busy Mom, maybe BW called me about the memo because I went to church there. I really don't know. I'm pleased that you've not felt judged! I saw many women drop off and pick up their kids in pants. I couldn't speak to what they experienced. My experiences are from several years ago. As I mentioned in a previous post, I left the church and pulled my child out the week BW called me about the supposed "memo."

BW, in my personal experience, was/is a master manipulator. He had his personal reasons for trying to make me wear dresses and skirts. He knew why he was doing it, but I could have cared less about what HE wanted me to do. I wasn't interested in being controlled by him, so I was out of there after that phone call. the Lord knows everything I endured while I was there. My life has been so much more at peace since everything doesn't evolve around jumping through unnecessary hoops that were presented as Godly and Biblical.
one who knows

Douglasville, GA

#1191 Dec 14, 2013
BW is a reproach to the Church and a letdown to all who had respect for him he has repeatedly hurt those who trusted him and he has forever shamed the pulpit. He has brought a reproach to the Church and will go down in history a the sorriest preacher in all times. His reputation will precede him wherever he goes. If someone puts him in the pulpit again they will be doing the world a huge injustice. I know his parents must be real proud of him for all the lives he has torn up. In the name of God

Raleigh, NC

#1192 Dec 14, 2013
When Kings Way put him in the pulpit they committed a gross sin that has had repercussions of evil in the lives of the innocent. Wininger had already proved himself unfit for the ministry when KWBC made him their pastor.
Concerned Christian

Douglasville, GA

#1193 Dec 14, 2013
For a fact, police have now been contacted. However, in the state of GA, the law can go after anyone who has been accused of sexual assault EXCEPT for a preacher. That is a law that should definitely be changed.

For those of you have think these women should do this or do that, let it be known that the victims are doing what they are physically able to do and they should be lifted in prayer because the church they were dedicated to, the friends they felt were true friends have shown their true colors; they are all liars and deceivers. I am very thankful that I do not belong to KWBC and that I removed my child from KWCS a few years ago. However, my heart is broken for the victims and my prayer is that they are able to find peace. I cannot imagine having everything in my life stripped away from me because I was assaulted. Mr. Bradley apologized because he did not realize the church had become so obsessed with BW that the church had indeed put this man on a pedestal so high that the women felt their stories would be heard as truth. Again I say to Heyman and Conway, shame on you for saying these teachers had on-going affairs, when they were assaulted. I hope the female members of your family never find themselves in a situation where they are so paralyzed by fear that they cannot physically say "NO".

Regarding the issues with women and pants, that rule was BW rule. He is no longer present and I am sure everyone is enjoying his absence and enjoying wearing pants.
HTC

Douglasville, GA

#1194 Dec 15, 2013
If you check the Georgia laws you will find that it is unlawful for any clergy of any faith to have any sexual contact with a church member. If convicted this person faces a min of 1 to 3 years in prision. Google GA laws pastor parishioner.
EyesOpen

Carrollton, GA

#1195 Dec 15, 2013
Concerned Christian wrote:
For a fact, police have now been contacted. However, in the state of GA, the law can go after anyone who has been accused of sexual assault EXCEPT for a preacher. That is a law that should definitely be changed.
For those of you have think these women should do this or do that, let it be known that the victims are doing what they are physically able to do and they should be lifted in prayer because the church they were dedicated to, the friends they felt were true friends have shown their true colors; they are all liars and deceivers. I am very thankful that I do not belong to KWBC and that I removed my child from KWCS a few years ago. However, my heart is broken for the victims and my prayer is that they are able to find peace. I cannot imagine having everything in my life stripped away from me because I was assaulted. Mr. Bradley apologized because he did not realize the church had become so obsessed with BW that the church had indeed put this man on a pedestal so high that the women felt their stories would be heard as truth. Again I say to Heyman and Conway, shame on you for saying these teachers had on-going affairs, when they were assaulted. I hope the female members of your family never find themselves in a situation where they are so paralyzed by fear that they cannot physically say "NO".
Regarding the issues with women and pants, that rule was BW rule. He is no longer present and I am sure everyone is enjoying his absence and enjoying wearing pants.
Oh, please! Victim, victim, victim! These women made a conscious decision to have sex with fatty Bill Wininger. They are as guilty as he. He, and they, are typical of the immoral culture of fundamentalism. As Mother used to say, "Birds of a feather flock together". Sin is sin! Period.
Fundamentalists live in a fantasy world where everyone who drinks the Kool-aid is "above sin". It is those poor outsiders who don't spend the majority of their time at the "church" , worshipping preacher, going "soul-winning" and playing the part who are real sinners.

We live in the midst of gross ignorance on the part of most Americans. Few people are secure enough to think for themselves and few Christians have the depth of understanding to be led, and taught, by the Holy Spirit. They are ignorant dependents on the likes of Bill Wininger to "reveal" to them the will of God when, all the time, it is available in the Scriptures to those who know Christ in truth. Adrian Rogers said that, he guessed, 85 percent of Southern Baptists did not know Christ. For fundamentalists, it is closer to 99 percent!
EyesOpen

Carrollton, GA

#1196 Dec 15, 2013
A former visitor wrote:
<quoted text>
When I went there, some of the women who came in on the buses on Sunday mornings did wear pants and nothing was said. But, if you were what they called "home folk" you were definitely expected to wear dresses or skirts any time you were on the church property. I also knew a mother of a student who was called out by BW for showing up to pick up her child in slacks.
Does anyone know if Stephen Shook, the music director, is still at the church? He was always such a nice kind man, and I hate to see him and his family mixed up in this BW mess.
Sadly, Steve has demonsatrated his loyalty to the IFB over his conscience and his concern for the welfare of his family. Four years at HAC can go a long way in controlling one's thinking. Is job security and acceptance by one's peers more important than pleasing the Savior? Apparenty, not. Too many good folk like the Shooks have been rendered ineffective by satan through the mind-controlling tactics of Jack Hyles and the IFB.
one who knows

Douglasville, GA

#1197 Dec 16, 2013
BW will keep on defiling the Sacred Pulpit as long as he has his college buddies to help him out, you know none of them would believe he is capable of all this he has been accused of, even though lives have been ruined and families have put through torture. I have been preaching and pastoring for 46 + years. I would never get in that Holy Stand if I was upset or bothered because it's too easy to stay carnal and say something that would cause a bad thing. If a man is going to get in the pulpit and stand between the living and the dead he had better not have anything between him and God when he gets up
. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God I for the life of me cannot understand how BW did it for all his so called ministry. Using the Church for a stalking ground for the unaware that a man someone trusted would do what he's done. Now I know some of you are saying that nothing has been proved but if you have someone who is a victim then you would know it is true, so I'm not guessing or stabbing in the dark I know Bw is a vulture and he will keep on devouring the unsuspecting at every chance he can get. He can't be very happy because time goes on and things catch up with you. He is probably looking over his shoulder all the time now , you see some husband or some father will snap someday and they will find him then he will be back on the news but it will probably be a different story. Bw if you read these things go ahead and give up and confess as to what you have done so all this will be over and the world can get back to normal whatever normal is. Remember you probably quoted the verse where it says"confession is good for the soul" and your soul needs all the help it can get. Just around the corner Judgment Day where no one will escape.
KW probably has people on this site just to mess with peoples mind.
For those of you who don't think some things are true, just remember when people have fear and are controlled with that fear it ain't a church it's a CULT
EyesOpen

Carrollton, GA

#1198 Dec 16, 2013
one who knows wrote:
BW will keep on defiling the Sacred Pulpit as long as he has his college buddies to help him out, you know none of them would believe he is capable of all this he has been accused of, even though lives have been ruined and families have put through torture. I have been preaching and pastoring for 46 + years. I would never get in that Holy Stand if I was upset or bothered because it's too easy to stay carnal and say something that would cause a bad thing. If a man is going to get in the pulpit and stand between the living and the dead he had better not have anything between him and God when he gets up
. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God I for the life of me cannot understand how BW did it for all his so called ministry. Using the Church for a stalking ground for the unaware that a man someone trusted would do what he's done. Now I know some of you are saying that nothing has been proved but if you have someone who is a victim then you would know it is true, so I'm not guessing or stabbing in the dark I know Bw is a vulture and he will keep on devouring the unsuspecting at every chance he can get. He can't be very happy because time goes on and things catch up with you. He is probably looking over his shoulder all the time now , you see some husband or some father will snap someday and they will find him then he will be back on the news but it will probably be a different story. Bw if you read these things go ahead and give up and confess as to what you have done so all this will be over and the world can get back to normal whatever normal is. Remember you probably quoted the verse where it says"confession is good for the soul" and your soul needs all the help it can get. Just around the corner Judgment Day where no one will escape.
KW probably has people on this site just to mess with peoples mind.
For those of you who don't think some things are true, just remember when people have fear and are controlled with that fear it ain't a church it's a CULT
It is the CULTure of fundamentalism which puts a man in the place of Christ. He, therefore, is antiChrist. Men like Wininger are exactly what Christ and the Apostles predicted would come in the last days. Fools, blind, lovers of self more than lovers of God. They preach a gospel of works and conformity. Sin is not abhorred and repentance is relegated to a past dispensation. And the hearers of these men are heaping to themselves teachers, having itching ears. Always looking for something new and exciting. They claim to be defenders of the Scriptures; while, they are ignorant of Its truth. They want a god they can see and touch; who can touch them, while they reject the One who is seen and known by faith, alone, through His Holy Word.
The Bible is clear. These deceivers will continue until they are cast into outer darkness with the evil angels who give them power!
Concerned Christian

Douglasville, GA

#1199 Dec 16, 2013
EyesOpen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, Steve has demonsatrated his loyalty to the IFB over his conscience and his concern for the welfare of his family. Four years at HAC can go a long way in controlling one's thinking. Is job security and acceptance by one's peers more important than pleasing the Savior? Apparenty, not. Too many good folk like the Shooks have been rendered ineffective by satan through the mind-controlling tactics of Jack Hyles and the IFB.
Sadly, I am best friends with one of the victims, and when I say victim, I mean exactly that. She was attacked. She did not consent and she was tortured on a daily basis to make sure she did not tell anyone. BW even used her own children's safety as subtle threats against her to ensure his secret was kept quiet. A mother will do anything to keep her children safe and that is something no one has mentioned. The most recent victims are mothers who thought their pastor was going to help them, not harm them. I know there are a few women who did enjoy the attention of BW. However, my friend is not one of them. She thought she was the only one until others came forward. The victims thought they were the only ones. The woman he was caught with, BD, thought she was the only one. Please do not put these women into the same category as the victims. There are a lot of women who are victims of BW and these women did not consent to anything. I know there are two sides to every story but not when you are dealing with a sociopath.
Parent

Douglasville, GA

#1200 Dec 17, 2013
Concerned Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, I am best friends with one of the victims, and when I say victim, I mean exactly that. She was attacked. She did not consent and she was tortured on a daily basis to make sure she did not tell anyone. BW even used her own children's safety as subtle threats against her to ensure his secret was kept quiet. A mother will do anything to keep her children safe and that is something no one has mentioned. The most recent victims are mothers who thought their pastor was going to help them, not harm them. I know there are a few women who did enjoy the attention of BW. However, my friend is not one of them. She thought she was the only one until others came forward. The victims thought they were the only ones. The woman he was caught with, BD, thought she was the only one. Please do not put these women into the same category as the victims. There are a lot of women who are victims of BW and these women did not consent to anything. I know there are two sides to every story but not when you are dealing with a sociopath.
It seems like the most effective way to protect her kids would be to go to the police.
EyesOpen

Carrollton, GA

#1201 Dec 17, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems like the most effective way to protect her kids would be to go to the police.
Doing wrong is always easier than doing right. The consequences for doing right are, often, threats, ostracism, lies, physical punishment; even torture. One's name might be ruined or one's life destroyed for chosing to thwart the powerful demons of sin.
This is exactly what the Bible promises for Christians! If we refuse to be dragged into sin by the devil we will suffer. It is simple. We are all victims because we are all sinners. But we do not have to yield to wickedness because we are afraid not to. This is NOT the mind of Christ but the mind of the world!
In extreme cases, Christians have seen their families tortured; even killed. Whether it is denouncing one's faith, keeping quiet about our love for the Savior or refusing to have sex with a bullying false preacher, these are the persecutions we suffer as Christians. Please do not excuse sin as victimization.
Which is more desireable? Becoming an adulterer or suffering persecution? Betraying one's sacred pledge of sexual purity or being threatened by a pitiful little fat man? Starving to death along with your family or accepting the Mark of the Beast?
If you can't keep your pants on for Jesus, you will never stand against the slightest persecution!
Raymond

United States

#1202 Dec 17, 2013
EyesOpen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, please! Victim, victim, victim! These women made a conscious decision to have sex with fatty Bill Wininger. They are as guilty as he. He, and they, are typical of the immoral culture of fundamentalism. As Mother used to say, "Birds of a feather flock together". Sin is sin! Period.
Fundamentalists live in a fantasy world where everyone who drinks the Kool-aid is "above sin". It is those poor outsiders who don't spend the majority of their time at the "church" , worshipping preacher, going "soul-winning" and playing the part who are real sinners.
We live in the midst of gross ignorance on the part of most Americans. Few people are secure enough to think for themselves and few Christians have the depth of understanding to be led, and taught, by the Holy Spirit. They are ignorant dependents on the likes of Bill Wininger to "reveal" to them the will of God when, all the time, it is available in the Scriptures to those who know Christ in truth. Adrian Rogers said that, he guessed, 85 percent of Southern Baptists did not know Christ. For fundamentalists, it is closer to 99 percent!
Amen to that. As.men we are taught (as Joseph did) to not walk but run from temptation. I have been the victim of an unfaithful wife and a had a Christian counselor defend and protect her. There is absolutly no excuse for infidelity. For some reason there seemsvto be a double standard when it comes to men and womem in this area.
Jeri m

Wilmington, DE

#1203 Dec 17, 2013
Jeri,

You are nothing more than an atheist loving believer and tongue wagger.

Just go back to your sex toys please.

Raleigh, NC

#1204 Dec 18, 2013
Jeri m wrote:
Jeri,
You are nothing more than an atheist loving believer and tongue wagger.
Just go back to your sex toys please.
At what point (if any) do Fundamentalists realize they are harming their own reputation rather than the reputation of others?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Douglasville in the good ole days (Mar '10) 29 min Raymond 123
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 30 min ChicknButt 53,587
nature's point vandalism (Feb '08) 13 hr Raymond 27
$39M Foxhall Conference Center 17 hr General Robert E Lee 20
Debate: Ferguson - Douglasville, GA 17 hr General Robert E Lee 27
Crossroads Church 18 hr Hmmm 44
May 20, it's time for a change in the DC BOC (Feb '14) Sun agree 30
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
Douglasville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••