Truth

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Dr. Bill Wininger has been removed from his senior pastor position at The King's Way Baptist Church in Douglas County, Georgia. He's also been removed from their website, all teaching videos on youtube are also removed and King's Way Church is not elaborating on what has actually happened.

Does anyone have any information about the quick removal of the King's Way Pastor of over 20 years?

“Wess12”

Since: Dec 08

Douglasville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Truth wrote:
Dr. Bill Wininger has been removed from his senior pastor position at The King's Way Baptist Church in Douglas County, Georgia. He's also been removed from their website, all teaching videos on youtube are also removed and King's Way Church is not elaborating on what has actually happened.

Does anyone have any information about the quick removal of the King's Way Pastor of over 20 years?
I heard he tried to take his life.

Since: Sep 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

dapasture probly seenjesus& nobody belevdapo dud

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Truth wrote:
Want to find scandal, vice and sin? Go to church, you will see plenty.
DvillCit

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

wess12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard he tried to take his life.
Are you serious?? Praying for him in whatever it is he's going through

Since: Aug 10

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Check this URL. It should provide some information:

https://app.box.com/s/s0h4zbqrbriitbxqzu4e
Candace

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

DvillCit wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?? Praying for him in whatever it is he's going through
I agree. I'm sure the rumors will start soon. Facts are that the man has been in the public eye, not hiding from anything, for a very long time. And has a lot of good to show for it.
Get the facts before assuming the worst.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Jeri - Wow. Damn. Interesting. Assuming it's the same guy...huh, whoda thunk it?

Candace - I am pretty much going to assume the worst after reading the letter.

Religious leaders are some of the biggest hippocrates out there.

We are all free to believe (or not believe) in what ever we want. Once the great revealer sniffs this out, the thread will get littered and be unreadable.

But, wow, just wow.
Candace

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Joes Beer Joint wrote:
Jeri - Wow. Damn. Interesting. Assuming it's the same guy...huh, whoda thunk it?
Candace - I am pretty much going to assume the worst after reading the letter.
Religious leaders are some of the biggest hippocrates out there.
We are all free to believe (or not believe) in what ever we want. Once the great revealer sniffs this out, the thread will get littered and be unreadable.
But, wow, just wow.
Hopefully you are not employed as a detective?
Atheos Aphobos

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Ahhhh, I have been summoned.

Let's see what this guy did wrong according to The Lord thy god's book of silly $hit:

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.-- Deuteronomy 22:28-29

They were found and she was, I assume, a virgin (there's not a single mention of age, so technically this could happen to a 1 day old female)

That being said, according to the bible the only thing he's done wrong is he didn't pay her daddy 50 shekels of silver and didn't marry her. Easy fix.

Wonder why there is not a single verse anywhere in the bible strictly forbidding rape, molestation or any sexual abuse for that matter. As a matter of fact, the bible tells you what to do to make it right. Cash and a civil contract. Holy awesomeness.

Human law is more moral than gods law. I AM more moral than your god.

If I could stop the rape of a child I would, your god is either powerless OR sits back and watches and says "when you're done, I'm going to punish you".

So, if god is powerless, why call him god and why worship him?

If god is powerful and just watches and does nothing, why call him god and worship him?

But there is no god so.....

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Candace wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I'm sure the rumors will start soon. Facts are that the man has been in the public eye, not hiding from anything, for a very long time. And has a lot of good to show for it.
Get the facts before assuming the worst.
If you are interested in facts, check this:
https://vimeo.com/64954749

And check the direct, open, and public accusation against Wininger:

The fact is, the IFB helps pastors cover up for gross sins. People who go to the police are harassed and intimidated.

Clearly, the church dismissed Wininger and has tried to erase all influence from him. The Bible commands that if he has grossly sinned, he is to be rebuked before the entire church. It's not supposed to be a secret. THAT would dispel all rumors. It's called transparency.

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Atheos Aphobos wrote:
Ahhhh, I have been summoned.
Let's see what this guy did wrong according to The Lord thy god's book of silly $hit:
If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.-- Deuteronomy 22:28-29
They were found and she was, I assume, a virgin (there's not a single mention of age, so technically this could happen to a 1 day old female)
That being said, according to the bible the only thing he's done wrong is he didn't pay her daddy 50 shekels of silver and didn't marry her. Easy fix.
Wonder why there is not a single verse anywhere in the bible strictly forbidding rape, molestation or any sexual abuse for that matter. As a matter of fact, the bible tells you what to do to make it right. Cash and a civil contract. Holy awesomeness.
Human law is more moral than gods law. I AM more moral than your god.
If I could stop the rape of a child I would, your god is either powerless OR sits back and watches and says "when you're done, I'm going to punish you".
So, if god is powerless, why call him god and why worship him?
If god is powerful and just watches and does nothing, why call him god and worship him?
But there is no god so.....
You're roof texting. But that's what ignorant people do. Let's look at the matter more accurately. First of all, a damsel is a young woman, not a child. That puts that fallacy to rest: a young woman old enough for betrothal.

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damselís father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
Deu 22:28-29

First, the Hebrew here does not indicate forcible rape; neither does it exclude it. If an unbetrothed girl has been taken by a man, he pays a heavy fine, whether he seduced her or forced her outright. And then a legal burden is placed upon him to provide for her and any offspring that has been produced by their union, and he is not allowed to divorce her.

The Old Testament Law sees that there is such a thing as statutory rape and hence it makes no distinction for a young girl. Whether he forced her physically or seduced her, he is punished because the assumption is that either way she was not able to form consent.

This gives the young woman considerable leeway. This penalty allows for a raped young woman to stay in her own home, because her husband cannot put her away. In a culture (which still survives today in some places) where women who lost their virginity, even against their will, were considered used goods, this statute assures that a man who victimizes a woman forever has to provide for her and accord her the status of a wife. It does not require her to do anything. If her family loathes this man, and if she is frightened of him, she can remain with her family, and he cannot divorce her. That is what this Law provides her. Then again, if she wants to make a go of the marriage, she can assume her place with him, and heís got to try to make a go of life with a permanent wife.

And we know from the Talmud that she also had a freedom to decline marriage to him, at least in that period of Israel following the Babylonian captivity.

Again, applying the thinking of the Law to a specific question not addressed in the Law, the judges of Israel determined that a criminally seduced or raped young woman, even given the financial provisions that marriage forced her rapist to give her, could decline marriage. So any young woman who had a suitor willing to honorably marry her was not forced to marry her seducer/rapist.
Atheos Aphobos

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Jeri Massi wrote:
<quoted text>
You're roof texting. But that's what ignorant people do. Let's look at the matter more accurately. First of all, a damsel is a young woman, not a child. That puts that fallacy to rest: a young woman old enough for betrothal.
If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damselís father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
Deu 22:28-29
First, the Hebrew here does not indicate forcible rape; neither does it exclude it. If an unbetrothed girl has been taken by a man, he pays a heavy fine, whether he seduced her or forced her outright. And then a legal burden is placed upon him to provide for her and any offspring that has been produced by their union, and he is not allowed to divorce her.
The Old Testament Law sees that there is such a thing as statutory rape and hence it makes no distinction for a young girl. Whether he forced her physically or seduced her, he is punished because the assumption is that either way she was not able to form consent.
This gives the young woman considerable leeway. This penalty allows for a raped young woman to stay in her own home, because her husband cannot put her away. In a culture (which still survives today in some places) where women who lost their virginity, even against their will, were considered used goods, this statute assures that a man who victimizes a woman forever has to provide for her and accord her the status of a wife. It does not require her to do anything. If her family loathes this man, and if she is frightened of him, she can remain with her family, and he cannot divorce her. That is what this Law provides her. Then again, if she wants to make a go of the marriage, she can assume her place with him, and heís got to try to make a go of life with a permanent wife.
And we know from the Talmud that she also had a freedom to decline marriage to him, at least in that period of Israel following the Babylonian captivity.
Again, applying the thinking of the Law to a specific question not addressed in the Law, the judges of Israel determined that a criminally seduced or raped young woman, even given the financial provisions that marriage forced her rapist to give her, could decline marriage. So any young woman who had a suitor willing to honorably marry her was not forced to marry her seducer/rapist.
Check out the big brains on the "biblical scholar" (oxymoron?).

Allow me to retort:
You are playing an apologetics game (true ignorance). You're grasping at anything you feel will support your cause and writing down a bunch of nonsense

1. Damsel is only in few select translations. Others only say young girl or virgin. No fallacy put to rest because none of the bibles can agree on which term to use, therefore all are relevant or none are.

2. You spend the next few paragraphs essentially confirming that the bible does not set an age for a "young woman/girl" and you have no idea what they meant. And then some mumbo-jumbo about law. Okay?

3. My point exactly, the OT doesn't have a problem with molestation, rape or sexual abuse, but it does have issue with shellfish, pork, mixed fabrics and how you plow your fields.

Cool story, bro.
OH MY

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

I would have never thought this or could have imagined this being the case....so hard to believe. Grew up at KWCS/KWBC... Was there from K - 10th. Was there when Pastor Wininger and his family came. Knew all of his children.. friends of his daughters and son growing up. Wow I would have never ever thought this could even be a possibility of him. I am sooooo sad for his family and community... This man was nothing but a great man from what I saw being around him for years.(I was about 10 years old up to about 15 or so.) Very difficult for me to think this has any truth to it... wow! Just shocked... Is this somehow true?!? So very sad!
Disgusted

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

This vile POS has kids?
I really hope they were not abused.
WOP

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Jeri Massi wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are interested in facts, check this:
https://vimeo.com/64954749
And check the direct, open, and public accusation against Wininger:
The fact is, the IFB helps pastors cover up for gross sins. People who go to the police are harassed and intimidated.
Clearly, the church dismissed Wininger and has tried to erase all influence from him. The Bible commands that if he has grossly sinned, he is to be rebuked before the entire church. It's not supposed to be a secret. THAT would dispel all rumors. It's called transparency.
I love the hairstyles in the video. Don't you think it ironic that the woman who wrote the letter has the same last name, Foeller, as the accused guy shown in court on the video?
Candace

Covington, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

OH MY wrote:
I would have never thought this or could have imagined this being the case....so hard to believe. Grew up at KWCS/KWBC... Was there from K - 10th. Was there when Pastor Wininger and his family came. Knew all of his children.. friends of his daughters and son growing up. Wow I would have never ever thought this could even be a possibility of him. I am sooooo sad for his family and community... This man was nothing but a great man from what I saw being around him for years.(I was about 10 years old up to about 15 or so.) Very difficult for me to think this has any truth to it... wow! Just shocked... Is this somehow true?!? So very sad!
It is true he tried to take his life and as a result can no longer pastor a church. Any type of abuse has not been proven as of yet. Unfortunately, there are too many stories of church leaders abusing children that lead people to believe the worst in this case. I hear his 13 year old daughter was killed in a car crash. That is devastating and could certainly lead to depression.
Facts will tell the story. Not speculation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Ahh, there he/she is...(the Revealer), alwayhs a good read, and of course I blow my fields the way the lord hath taught me.

Candace, I am not a detective, but I do play one on TV.

But yes, very very very gross. It will be intersting to see what else comes out. I feel for his kids.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Damn, I type too fast. I wish I could edit.

LOL - I don't blow my fields, I plow them.
Atheos Aphobos

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Joes Beer Joint wrote:
Damn, I type too fast. I wish I could edit.
LOL - I don't blow my fields, I plow them.
That's funny right there!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 63
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min Jemima 52,294
School System car raffle 1 hr teachyourkids 2
FB Support page for DVPD officers 3 hr Leery 48
BOE cutting teachers again... 9 hr DC Taxpayer 10
Review: Christopher L WYNN PC (Mar '09) 11 hr scared 56
Crossroads Church 12 hr Atheos Aphobos 43
Alert Winston Residents!!! 22 hr Concerned Citizen 8

Search the Douglasville Forum:
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
•••

Douglasville Jobs