Comments
1 - 20 of 64 Comments Last updated Oct 5, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Veracity

Carrollton, GA

#1 Jul 7, 2012
Much of the Old Testament is no more than the ramblings of illiterate, pre-scientific, bronze-age goat herders. Anyone who condemns a particular behavior based on the Pentateuch should be forced to abide by ALL of its restrictions (Leviticus Chapter 12: 1-8). Paul, on the other hand, was a great proselytizer, but his condemnations are soiled by his own predilections, and by no means carry the weight of divinity. Only Jesus could claim direct revelation. A committed homosexual relationship between two consenting adults in no way violates Christís great commandment.
theONEhasspoken

Villa Rica, GA

#2 Jul 7, 2012
Why do gay people want so badly to shove their beliefs in people's faces? I get so sick and tired of it. What makes it so bad is that if you disagree with gays, then they try very hard to persecute you (as a Christian) for speaking out. But, they sure have no problem with making their views public.
Veracity

Carrollton, GA

#3 Jul 7, 2012
theONEhasspoken wrote:
Why do gay people want so badly to shove their beliefs in people's faces? I get so sick and tired of it. What makes it so bad is that if you disagree with gays, then they try very hard to persecute you (as a Christian) for speaking out. But, they sure have no problem with making their views public.
Very few gays are arguing against heterosexual marriage, and I never had one try to shove anything in my face--pun intended.
back atcha

United States

#4 Jul 17, 2012
theONEhasspoken wrote:
Why do Christian people want so badly to shove their beliefs in people's faces? I get so sick and tired of it. What makes it so bad is that if you disagree with Christians, then they try very hard to persecute you (as a _______*fill in the blank*) for speaking out. But, they sure have no problem with making their views public.
Big Bill

Carrollton, GA

#5 Jul 17, 2012
Veracity wrote:
Much of the Old Testament is no more than the ramblings of illiterate, pre-scientific, bronze-age goat herders. Anyone who condemns a particular behavior based on the Pentateuch should be forced to abide by ALL of its restrictions (Leviticus Chapter 12: 1-8). Paul, on the other hand, was a great proselytizer, but his condemnations are soiled by his own predilections, and by no means carry the weight of divinity. Only Jesus could claim direct revelation. A committed homosexual relationship between two consenting adults in no way violates Christís great commandment.
Sissy.
notconfused

United States

#7 Jul 17, 2012
Why do you act as if only the new testament speaks against homosexual life styles? Read Romans, it's very clear how God views that lifestyle. The fact is people try to rationalize or marginalize things they want to fit into the bible. Whether its homosexual activities, fornication and the list can go on and on. It really doesn't matter what we think is right, it's what God knows is right that will matter on judgement day.
notconfused

United States

#10 Jul 17, 2012
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>Your exactly right! Thanks for saying this. But it also says who ever confessed with our mouth and believe with their heart, we will be saved.
Agreed that is exactly what the bible says. I made a mistake in my first line. I meant to say old testament. Sorry
gay guy

Victorville, CA

#15 Jul 18, 2012
Forget the old testament "what did yeshua say about it" Christians should only read the new testament. You can not follow the old testament,and call your self christian. If you follow the old testament you are mosian not christian. Christian came hundreds of years after yeshua's exhile not before. Christian term was label hundreds of years later by the roman church. Yeah the baby rappers . People hear a baby rapper in a pretty gown.When yeshua plainly said fear your priest in robs ,for they are merely wolves in sheep's clothing. How many of you who argue have ever really read the bible .Or are you just taking another's word. Why do they care anyway,by their own words they will never share heaven with a gay"right". The church hates abortion ,and gays too. gays are the ones who we will never have to worry about abortion about. So which is it. I have even heard christians say it is a sin to have an abortion then say to a hunger child .Your parents should not of had you if they could not feed you. wake up people.Religion divides us when politics can't.And as long as they have both tools at their use . We will never unify and love as Yahweh and yeshua spoke of . Have you ever wondered why anyone with any power with the people who speaks love and tolerance gets killed. Think about it why does that happen. Because together we are strong to their game ,but divided we are slaves making bricks with out straw.
FFinger

United States

#16 Jul 18, 2012
gay guy wrote:
Yeah the baby rappers .
Like Kriss Kross you mean?
not confused

United States

#19 Jul 18, 2012
My friend I have read the bible. Many times and the term Christian was given as to the believers at the first church the church at Antioch. What you say is so confusing I don't know how to help you with an answer. Here is the truth, people need to stop sinning. Does this mean we are perfect, no. However, it does mean that we should strive to live a holy life. Here is my thoughts, whether homosexuality, blasphemy or whatever your or my sin my be, we should be running from it instead of embarrassing it. Read Matthew 21 : 7 and the verses that follow. The deciding factor in our fate is if we obey our Father in heaven. That my friend no one can change even with all the worldly wisdom you may muster. To be a Christian is not to walk around and condem people, but don't confuse condemnation with conviction.
gay guy

Victorville, CA

#20 Jul 18, 2012
All the christian church does is condemn people .And the term christian is a roman term. Christ is not his name ,so how can the be christians .When in truth most people who claim that do not even know the mans name. Christ or jesus was not his name . So if you prayer to the wrong name who are you praying too. His name was yeshua ,so shouldn't they be called yeshuains not Christians. If you pray to god ,who are you praying too? god is a job title ,not the mans name. Your god's name was yahweh ,not god .GOD is a job title . So when you prayer to your god on the day appointed by the roman church .You are in fact praying to the wrong god on the wrong day. The sabbath is saturday ,not sunday. The roman church changed it to show their authoritative power here on earth . And like blind sheep, you and your pastor mock yahweh .Number four remember the sabbath ,and keep it holy. Number 11 did not say change to suit yourself's . You sin every tine you walk into a church on sunday.You are really praising the sungod not yahweh .now that is a sin that far passes any thing a gay could do. They go on the wrong day,knowing it is the wrong day . then they try to tell the world how to live right. Ask your preacher or false preacher why they changed the day.So like sheep you pray to the god they want you to.
gay guy

Victorville, CA

#22 Jul 19, 2012
No answer to the sabbath being Saturday huh concerned? So like all Christians when backed into a corner about their own mistakes about religion .You attack ,you call names .What did yeshua say about false witness . So rather than agree ,you are serving the wrong "God" on the wrong day .All you can do is insult.I am so glad i will pay for being gay in heaven ,but you will burn in hell for worshiping the wrong god.You might as well fall on your knees and kiss the pope's ass. You know your god incarnate.
Veracity

Carrollton, GA

#30 Jul 20, 2012
Those who are so critical of homosexuality are frightened by their own sexual predilections--I could not care less what the Old Testament said or what the self-loathing homosexual Paul said. Homosexuality harms no one and does not violate one Christian precept. I am straight, but could not care less about what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home--If you do, it could be because you are gay as well.
not confused

United States

#32 Jul 20, 2012
Veracity wrote:
Those who are so critical of homosexuality are frightened by their own sexual predilections--I could not care less what the Old Testament said or what the self-loathing homosexual Paul said. Homosexuality harms no one and does not violate one Christian precept. I am straight, but could not care less about what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home--If you do, it could be because you are gay as well.
Why do you assume Paul was quote "self loathing homosexual"? Do you believe in the bible at all? You began with questioning the old testament and now the new testament? I haven't bashed anyone on here. I have simply expressed my belief from the Word of God?
Veracity

Carrollton, GA

#33 Jul 21, 2012
not confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you assume Paul was quote "self loathing homosexual"? Do you believe in the bible at all? You began with questioning the old testament and now the new testament? I haven't bashed anyone on here. I have simply expressed my belief from the Word of God?
The Bible is beautiful collection of pseudo-history, antiquated poetry and cosmic guessing. I read it every day, and consider the worldview of Jesus to be especially relevant. It is impossible to judge people for actions prohibited by the Torah when no one follows its letter--some of its restrictions are downright laughable. To take them as literal is just as laughable. I am not certain about Paul's orientation,but the inferential evidence is pretty compelling--Paul was a great proselytizer, but a mediocre mind. I think that if Jesus were to post here, he would admonish us to be concerned about our own "sin."
not confused

Douglasville, GA

#36 Jul 21, 2012
Veracity wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible is beautiful collection of pseudo-history, antiquated poetry and cosmic guessing. I read it every day, and consider the worldview of Jesus to be especially relevant. It is impossible to judge people for actions prohibited by the Torah when no one follows its letter--some of its restrictions are downright laughable. To take them as literal is just as laughable. I am not certain about Paul's orientation,but the inferential evidence is pretty compelling--Paul was a great proselytizer, but a mediocre mind. I think that if Jesus were to post here, he would admonish us to be concerned about our own "sin."
Well, to be honest with you I do take the bible literally. Word for word, precept upon precept. I believe all scripture was give to man by the direction of the Holy Spirit for direction, correction and my good. After all I'm only a man not God. So if He said all scripture was given to man according 2 Timothy 3:16, I believe that. I truly believe that God loves us so much that he wrote letters through the hands of men and women. I also can't see how you can believe part an not the whole bible?

Let me also say this. I believe God loves every person no matter what their sin is. Im not perfect, but I don't willfully sin. I live my life this way not because of the law but because of my love for Christ.
Veracity

Carrollton, GA

#37 Jul 21, 2012
not confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, to be honest with you I do take the bible literally. Word for word, precept upon precept. I believe all scripture was give to man by the direction of the Holy Spirit for direction, correction and my good. After all I'm only a man not God. So if He said all scripture was given to man according 2 Timothy 3:16, I believe that. I truly believe that God loves us so much that he wrote letters through the hands of men and women. I also can't see how you can believe part an not the whole bible?
Let me also say this. I believe God loves every person no matter what their sin is. Im not perfect, but I don't willfully sin. I live my life this way not because of the law but because of my love for Christ.
Carefully read some of the ridiculous laws of the Pentateuch and honestly list the ones YOU do not follow--Biblical literalism is silly. "The book is true because the book says that the book is true; therefore the book must be true." That argument, since it is patently illogical, is irrefutable by logic. Much of The Old Testament is a joke; Paul was a pitiful philosopher/theologian, but the words of Jesus make sense.
not confused

Douglasville, GA

#40 Jul 22, 2012
Veracity wrote:
<quoted text>Carefully read some of the ridiculous laws of the Pentateuch and honestly list the ones YOU do not follow--Biblical literalism is silly. "The book is true because the book says that the book is true; therefore the book must be true." That argument, since it is patently illogical, is irrefutable by logic. Much of The Old Testament is a joke; Paul was a pitiful philosopher/theologian, but the words of Jesus make sense.
I do enjoy a civil conversation but and hope I haven't offended you. I think we can just agree to disagree on this. Sometimes human minds can get in the way of faith. I wish the best for you and will keep you in my prayers.
Veracity

Carrollton, GA

#42 Jul 22, 2012
jaja wrote:
<quoted text>
are you a poster child for birth control? Is that what your right about? I don't think I've heard anything positive come out of your post which I believe reflects what kind of miserable life you live. I'll pray things get better for you
My posts have always been about how biblical literalism and the condemnation of homosexuality are ridiculous--you on the other hand are best at calling names--you do this because you have a minimal knowledge of any subject and are emboldened by anonymity.
Veracity

Carrollton, GA

#46 Jul 23, 2012
not confused wrote:
<quoted text>
I do enjoy a civil conversation but and hope I haven't offended you. I think we can just agree to disagree on this. Sometimes human minds can get in the way of faith. I wish the best for you and will keep you in my prayers.
Thanks, God Bless you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 min rename 53,323
Alert Winston Residents!!! 8 hr Joes Beer Joint 13
Douglasville Police Seek Waffle House Armed Rob... 8 hr Joes Beer Joint 2
May 20, it's time for a change in the DC BOC (Feb '14) 8 hr Joes Beer Joint 29
Collaborative Health Training Exercise Planned ... 12 hr Raymond 1
Debate: Ferguson - Douglasville, GA 12 hr Raymond 25
$39M Foxhall Conference Center 20 hr DC Taxpayer 16
•••

Douglasville News Video

•••
Douglasville Dating

more search filters

less search filters