Mitt Lags Behind President Obama

Posted in the Douglasville Forum

Ms BigDvile

Douglasville, GA

#1 Aug 8, 2012
Mitt Romney lags behind Barack Obama in many areas, intelligence, integrity, awareness, compassion and vision, to name a few. And, as the campaign moves forward, American voters are beginning to realize that. And, as this trend continues, I believe Obama's chances improve day by day. A second term for Mr. Obama is on the horizon.

Maybe Mitt should become a contestant to try out for the 50yrd dash in the Olympics cause running for president is way out of his league

If your a shut in who only watches Fox news you still have a favorable opinion of Mitt Romney.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 8, 2012
Ms BigDvile wrote:
Mitt Romney lags behind Barack Obama in many areas, intelligence, integrity, awareness, compassion and vision, to name a few. And, as the campaign moves forward, American voters are beginning to realize that. And, as this trend continues, I believe Obama's chances improve day by day. A second term for Mr. Obama is on the horizon.
Maybe Mitt should become a contestant to try out for the 50yrd dash in the Olympics cause running for president is way out of his league
If your a shut in who only watches Fox news you still have a favorable opinion of Mitt Romney.
Okay. That explains it. You were dropped on your head when you were a baby. Bless your heart.
Fran

Powder Springs, GA

#3 Aug 8, 2012
Obama is still a scumbag.
Joe Yule Jr

Lithia Springs, GA

#4 Aug 9, 2012
Ms BigDvile wrote:
Mitt Romney lags behind Barack Obama in many areas, intelligence, integrity, awareness, compassion and vision, to name a few. And, as the campaign moves forward, American voters are beginning to realize that. And, as this trend continues, I believe Obama's chances improve day by day. A second term for Mr. Obama is on the horizon.
Maybe Mitt should become a contestant to try out for the 50yrd dash in the Olympics cause running for president is way out of his league
If your a shut in who only watches Fox news you still have a favorable opinion of Mitt Romney.
Harry Reid's claim to insider information about Romney (akin to the old gaff "have you quit beating your wife?") and the this really low advert linking Mitt to a woman's cancer related death is certainly not helping Obama. I have said before that Obama was a lock for two terms - from the very beginning - but if he gets much more help like this he just might lose it.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#5 Aug 9, 2012
Ms BigDvile wrote:
Mitt Romney lags behind Barack Obama in many areas, intelligence, integrity, awareness, compassion and vision, to name a few. And, as the campaign moves forward, American voters are beginning to realize that. And, as this trend continues, I believe Obama's chances improve day by day. A second term for Mr. Obama is on the horizon.
Maybe Mitt should become a contestant to try out for the 50yrd dash in the Olympics cause running for president is way out of his league
If your a shut in who only watches Fox news you still have a favorable opinion of Mitt Romney.
You leave me almost speechless. Obama has integrity? You have to be joking. The latest election commercial blaming Romney for a women dying of lung cancer 6 yeas after he left Bain is a real good example of integrity. Then Obama will not apologize for the complete lie.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Aug 9, 2012
Obama is running a desparate campaign. I'm not saying that Romney is the answer, but I can't understand for the life of me how ANYONE in his/her right mind can vote for Obama. Well, the couch potatoes who live on the government plantation should vote fo him, but that's all. What in the heck is wrong with you working liberals? I guess you're just batspit(sic) crazy. If you think you are going to come out unscathed if Obama is reelected, you ARE batspit(sic) crazy. You are going to suffer just like the rest of us. Grow a brain!
Joe Yule Jr

Lithia Springs, GA

#7 Aug 10, 2012
Synergy wrote:
Obama is running a desparate campaign. I'm not saying that Romney is the answer, but I can't understand for the life of me how ANYONE in his/her right mind can vote for Obama. Well, the couch potatoes who live on the government plantation should vote fo him, but that's all. What in the heck is wrong with you working liberals? I guess you're just batspit(sic) crazy. If you think you are going to come out unscathed if Obama is reelected, you ARE batspit(sic) crazy. You are going to suffer just like the rest of us. Grow a brain!
It's always hard to see (much less understand) the other side.

Again, the GOP has alienated most demographics besides Middle Class+ Christian White folks. If you were on the fence, you might weigh their misrepresentations of "you didn't build this", the Ohio voting suit and the welfare legislation as outright fraud. And that's not even considering the whole Romney tax thing (whether you think this should be shared or not is now moot - he's leaving us to assume the worst, which is kind of interesting. Watching Reince Preibus skirt the issue on CNN was interesting this morning.) You might then reach the conclusion that the GOP lacks the integrity required to vote for them.

Problem is, the other party has their issues, too - as has been pointed out ad nauseum here on this board.

At the end of the day, people are going to vote for the candidate they think is the most honest. Fox News has Obama up by 9 points over Romney.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Aug 10, 2012
Joe Yule Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always hard to see (much less understand) the other side.
Again, the GOP has alienated most demographics besides Middle Class+ Christian White folks. If you were on the fence, you might weigh their misrepresentations of "you didn't build this", the Ohio voting suit and the welfare legislation as outright fraud. And that's not even considering the whole Romney tax thing (whether you think this should be shared or not is now moot - he's leaving us to assume the worst, which is kind of interesting. Watching Reince Preibus skirt the issue on CNN was interesting this morning.) You might then reach the conclusion that the GOP lacks the integrity required to vote for them.
Problem is, the other party has their issues, too - as has been pointed out ad nauseum here on this board.
At the end of the day, people are going to vote for the candidate they think is the most honest. Fox News has Obama up by 9 points over Romney.
It's interesting how the Dems want Romney to reveal his tax returns when Obama and the left wing media have worked overtime keeping just about EVERYTHING about Obama- except glowing endorsements-IF any indeed truly exists- a secret. There is such an obvious double standard working. Obama has accomplished exactly what he set out to do; polarize the parties, races and classes for his own benefit. How anyone can possibly think Obama is more honest than ANYONE is beyond imagination. It is astounding that they are drinking the koolaid again...flavor of that koolaid...Immalyingdictator. Where is Obama's integrity? His ad is blaming Romney for a woman's death. WHAT?????? Disgusting and the dems are brainless enough to believe that crap.
Joe Yule Jr

Lithia Springs, GA

#9 Aug 10, 2012
If you lean Republican you see Obama lying about his birth, his PAC lying about Romney's involvement in a woman's death and Harry Reid lying about Romney's taxes, et cetera.

If you lean Democratic you see the GOP lying about "you didn't build it", the Ohio voting thing, welfare legislation, hiding Romney's taxes, et cetera.

*shrug*

I'm disappointed and disgusted with both sides. There is NO double standard, Synergy. They are both playing the game: say what you must to get elected.

Neither side really has the integrity, I think, that we need to have leading this country. Problem is, if they did find a candidate like that we wouldn't vote for him or her.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10 Aug 10, 2012
Joe Yule Jr wrote:
If you lean Republican you see Obama lying about his birth, his PAC lying about Romney's involvement in a woman's death and Harry Reid lying about Romney's taxes, et cetera.
If you lean Democratic you see the GOP lying about "you didn't build it", the Ohio voting thing, welfare legislation, hiding Romney's taxes, et cetera.
*shrug*
I'm disappointed and disgusted with both sides. There is NO double standard, Synergy. They are both playing the game: say what you must to get elected.
Neither side really has the integrity, I think, that we need to have leading this country. Problem is, if they did find a candidate like that we wouldn't vote for him or her.
Everything you posted is 100% on point except for the double standard in regard to the media. If not for FOX, the right would have absolutely nothing! Remember when Obama wanted to shut FOX down? That wasn't a rumor.
The worrisome thing is your last sentence. No truer words have been posted.*sigh*
Joe Yule Jr

Lithia Springs, GA

#11 Aug 10, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you posted is 100% on point except for the double standard in regard to the media. If not for FOX, the right would have absolutely nothing! Remember when Obama wanted to shut FOX down? That wasn't a rumor.
The worrisome thing is your last sentence. No truer words have been posted.*sigh*
As you, I think, have pointed out - more folks watch Fox than the other big networks combined. And talk radio is ALL conservative - RIP Air America. LOL So, the right has the majority of cable news and talk radio. The left has network tv and newsprint. I'm speaking broadly, of course. I'd say the internet is a push - folks go where they find news that agrees with their viewpoints.

A republican, Peter King, was the one who instigated the FBI digging into Murdoch and his empire. FWIW

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationw...

This isn't like when you and I were teenagers when we had a whopping three channels of TV to choose from (not counting VHF/UHF, of course) and the local newspaper. I really do wonder what roll 'the media' really plays any more. My father will only get his news from Fox as they mirror his own viewpoints, for instance. So, where he's concerned,'the media' is as right leaning as it can possibly be.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 Aug 10, 2012
Joe Yule Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
As you, I think, have pointed out - more folks watch Fox than the other big networks combined. And talk radio is ALL conservative - RIP Air America. LOL So, the right has the majority of cable news and talk radio. The left has network tv and newsprint. I'm speaking broadly, of course. I'd say the internet is a push - folks go where they find news that agrees with their viewpoints.
A republican, Peter King, was the one who instigated the FBI digging into Murdoch and his empire. FWIW
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationw...
This isn't like when you and I were teenagers when we had a whopping three channels of TV to choose from (not counting VHF/UHF, of course) and the local newspaper. I really do wonder what roll 'the media' really plays any more. My father will only get his news from Fox as they mirror his own viewpoints, for instance. So, where he's concerned,'the media' is as right leaning as it can possibly be.
The point I am making is that Obama didn't even want those options available. That's crazy and once again points to his narcissism. I'm conservative, but seldom watch FOX. I DO listen to talk radio when I am in the car unless I'm in a music kind of mood. The choices for conservatives is not nearly as vast. My guess is that most people get their news from TV, then Internet and last, radio. Air America didn't make it for a reason. It had its chance. It didn't get the support. Fox is the only conservative tv news station and even it is beginning to move MORE toward the middle.
Joe Yule Jr

Lithia Springs, GA

#13 Aug 10, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
The point I am making is that Obama didn't even want those options available. That's crazy and once again points to his narcissism. I'm conservative, but seldom watch FOX. I DO listen to talk radio when I am in the car unless I'm in a music kind of mood. The choices for conservatives is not nearly as vast. My guess is that most people get their news from TV, then Internet and last, radio. Air America didn't make it for a reason. It had its chance. It didn't get the support. Fox is the only conservative tv news station and even it is beginning to move MORE toward the middle.
Do you think Fox is being FORCED to move to the middle? If not, why do you think they may be trending that way? Fox does what it does for ratings - pure and simple. They are not some altruistic entity out to make the world a better place. They are in it for the money. If their marketing folks are telling them that a more centrist line might gain them market share (I'd agree with this - a Fox viewer would have to be pretty PO'd to leave and if they can pick up a few more moderate folks then it's a win/win) then that's exactly what they are going to do.

As for Obama - again, it was a Republican that engaged the FBI. But, to your point, sure - Obama would LOVE for Fox to be wiped off the map, just as Mitt would probably wish Stephen Colbert would go away. If the GOP gains control they would do what they can to spin the media more to the right. THIS is how the game is played.

Don't you remember Reagan's executive order regarding censorship? It's kind of like that. Both sides do what they can to remain in power. What's best for the country is sort of secondary.
Joe Yule Jr

Lithia Springs, GA

#14 Aug 10, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
The point I am making is that Obama didn't even want those options available. That's crazy and once again points to his narcissism. I'm conservative, but seldom watch FOX. I DO listen to talk radio when I am in the car unless I'm in a music kind of mood. The choices for conservatives is not nearly as vast. My guess is that most people get their news from TV, then Internet and last, radio. Air America didn't make it for a reason. It had its chance. It didn't get the support. Fox is the only conservative tv news station and even it is beginning to move MORE toward the middle.
http://politix.topix.com/gay-rights/1708-is-f...

Since: Jul 12

Winston, GA

#15 Aug 10, 2012
Joe Yule Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Fox is being FORCED to move to the middle? If not, why do you think they may be trending that way? Fox does what it does for ratings - pure and simple. They are not some altruistic entity out to make the world a better place. They are in it for the money. If their marketing folks are telling them that a more centrist line might gain them market share (I'd agree with this - a Fox viewer would have to be pretty PO'd to leave and if they can pick up a few more moderate folks then it's a win/win) then that's exactly what they are going to do.
As for Obama - again, it was a Republican that engaged the FBI. But, to your point, sure - Obama would LOVE for Fox to be wiped off the map, just as Mitt would probably wish Stephen Colbert would go away. If the GOP gains control they would do what they can to spin the media more to the right. THIS is how the game is played.
Don't you remember Reagan's executive order regarding censorship? It's kind of like that. Both sides do what they can to remain in power. What's best for the country is sort of secondary.
Fox News changed it format over a year ago. The news suddenly became much more moderate. Many news stories that would have been covered are not now covered. One has to get his news off the internet and even then they are all the same story being reproduced with the same writer or reporter as the source. Mr. Rupert Murdoch that owns Fox has had tremendous legal problems. He and his Son or might be in jail now if the Fox News Corp. hadn't changed their format. Why did Obama suddenly stop trying to get Fox kicked off the air? Then he stopped talking about Fox and all was forgiven. News format change is what happened. That is only my speculation. The left controls almost all the newsprint, tv news, and some of the internet. This country is being feed pure propaganda day and night. All press releases about Obama must now go through the White House and is approved before their release. Some stories are even rewritten and words, etc. changed before they are released. How do you expect the American people to even know any real facts before voting?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16 Aug 10, 2012
Joe Yule Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Fox is being FORCED to move to the middle? If not, why do you think they may be trending that way? Fox does what it does for ratings - pure and simple. They are not some altruistic entity out to make the world a better place. They are in it for the money. If their marketing folks are telling them that a more centrist line might gain them market share (I'd agree with this - a Fox viewer would have to be pretty PO'd to leave and if they can pick up a few more moderate folks then it's a win/win) then that's exactly what they are going to do.
As for Obama - again, it was a Republican that engaged the FBI. But, to your point, sure - Obama would LOVE for Fox to be wiped off the map, just as Mitt would probably wish Stephen Colbert would go away. If the GOP gains control they would do what they can to spin the media more to the right. THIS is how the game is played.
Don't you remember Reagan's executive order regarding censorship? It's kind of like that. Both sides do what they can to remain in power. What's best for the country is sort of secondary.
My guess is they think it's time. People aren't necessarily loving extremes anymore. Yes. They'll have more viewers, however, they have a major share of the market anyway.
I do remember Reagan and the censorship business, but Obama's aim was directed toward ONE outlet...FOX. He wanted to do it strictly for his own benefit. I know you don't agree, but Obama is insane with narcissism. He's textbook....your last two sentences....nailed it!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17 Aug 10, 2012
Joe Yule Jr wrote:
Yep. Pandering. They all do it. Fox really IS changing, though. I hope they'll hang tough until the other news outlets move toward the middle. If not, they'll just be another ho hum left wing news outlet.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#18 Aug 11, 2012
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Pandering. They all do it. Fox really IS changing, though. I hope they'll hang tough until the other news outlets move toward the middle. If not, they'll just be another ho hum left wing news outlet.
I am glad I am not losing my mind as I have been seeing this change for a while. I still think they were coerced into the changes or they would have had a hard time getting their broadcasting license renewed. Obama was really after them till Fox softened up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglasville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr Vance Boddy (Sep '11) 5 hr kbhood 15
Douglasville PD Seeks 'Office Creeper' Suspect 6 hr Jonquavious 3
Heating and A/C repair (Jun '11) 8 hr bobbyroosco 21
Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13) 17 hr Courtney Galler 12
$39M Foxhall Conference Center 20 hr taxpayer 112 41
Don't Shoot Thu shirley 5
time to step down Chris Thu 7+6 37

Douglasville News Video

Douglasville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Douglasville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Douglasville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Douglasville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:35 am PST

NBC Sports 6:35AM
Whitehurst: May not look like it, but we can win
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Julio Jones not seen practicing on Friday
Bleacher Report 9:09 AM
Breaking Down Saints' Game Plan vs. Falcons
NFL10:25 AM
Injury roundup: Julio Jones questionable against Saints
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports